Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Your strange phobias
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17
Worms/larves/slugs

Gross slimey creatures.. worms are the worst of the three.. I'm not talking about being slightly disgusted here.. when I see one even if it's dead or dried up by the sun.. or it's a twig that looks like one.. I scream, cry and hyper ventilate.. full blown panick attack.

I tried to get over it but honestly I can't. It's the worst.. luckily it doesn't have too much influence in my daily life.. and when I see one people think I'm nuts but hell I'll never see them again anyway.

Also most people make fun of me when I mention it in rl.. which is funny cause those same people are scared to death of spiders and yet they can't imagine how I feel.
Worms/larves/slugs

Gross slimey creatures.. worms are the worst of the three.. I'm not talking about being slightly disgusted here.. when I see one even if it's dead or dried up by the sun.. or it's a twig that looks like one.. I scream, cry and hyper ventilate.. full blown panick attack.

I tried to get over it but honestly I can't. It's the worst.. luckily it doesn't have too much influence in my daily life.. and when I see one people think I'm nuts but hell I'll never see them again anyway.

Also most people make fun of me when I mention it in rl.. which is funny cause those same people are scared to death of spiders and yet they can't imagine how I feel.
Elevators
We were on a 7th grade trip to Chicago going down from the Willis Tower skydeck and it got stuck around floor 80 (it said which floor but I can't remember now). Stayed that way quite some while and our middle schooler selves were having panic attacks and trying to call our parents. Apparently it was the first time anything like that had happened but still, left me with a small distrust for elevators.

Also really stressed when in cars but that's more due to the awful drivers in the area
Elevators
We were on a 7th grade trip to Chicago going down from the Willis Tower skydeck and it got stuck around floor 80 (it said which floor but I can't remember now). Stayed that way quite some while and our middle schooler selves were having panic attacks and trying to call our parents. Apparently it was the first time anything like that had happened but still, left me with a small distrust for elevators.

Also really stressed when in cars but that's more due to the awful drivers in the area
Snr7ysG.png HChIF4s.png
For the strangest reason, I have a slight fear of dolls.

I don't scream and run, but I keep my distance.

To me, they are demon losses terrors.......

Those eyes and voices....... *shudder*
For the strangest reason, I have a slight fear of dolls.

I don't scream and run, but I keep my distance.

To me, they are demon losses terrors.......

Those eyes and voices....... *shudder*
I'm claustrophobic, and cats. Just, cats. They're going to take over the world some day. No, that's not a good thing.
I'm claustrophobic, and cats. Just, cats. They're going to take over the world some day. No, that's not a good thing.
I'm afraid of...

Beehives- the cluster of tiny holes is alarming and disturbing

Fireworks- I can't stand sudden or loud noises. If I don't have earplugs (and sometimes even if I do) I'll have a small panic attack. If I have a hoodie on or if my husband is with me, I can usually enjoy them! Yay Disney World fireworks!

Maggots and dead things

Zombies- when my husband watches The Walking Dead and likewise programs, I hide in the bedroom under the blankets. Once as a joke he chased me while holding his phone, which was showing a completely gruesome zombie movie. Locked myself in the bathroom and cleaned the house to calm down. :') Ironically I often have zombie nightmares but have never, ever watched anything with zombies in it

Lice and fleas

Parking garages- it's a giant death sandwich just waiting to collapse on me

Also shoutout to @RabidWhovian who is both a Whovian and afraid of loud and sudden noises!
I'm afraid of...

Beehives- the cluster of tiny holes is alarming and disturbing

Fireworks- I can't stand sudden or loud noises. If I don't have earplugs (and sometimes even if I do) I'll have a small panic attack. If I have a hoodie on or if my husband is with me, I can usually enjoy them! Yay Disney World fireworks!

Maggots and dead things

Zombies- when my husband watches The Walking Dead and likewise programs, I hide in the bedroom under the blankets. Once as a joke he chased me while holding his phone, which was showing a completely gruesome zombie movie. Locked myself in the bathroom and cleaned the house to calm down. :') Ironically I often have zombie nightmares but have never, ever watched anything with zombies in it

Lice and fleas

Parking garages- it's a giant death sandwich just waiting to collapse on me

Also shoutout to @RabidWhovian who is both a Whovian and afraid of loud and sudden noises!
♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥

Sarah
Wife, Mama and Christian
+ 3 hrs FR Time

Seeking 10/22 Fem Dragon!
@Sherlolly XD
@Sherlolly XD
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
i have an unbelievably out of control fear of bathrooms, and i usually need my roommate to be in the room with me when i take a shower or a bath, and i just don't use public bathrooms at all, unless they're single-stall and my roommate is with me. it's a fear related to a lot of trauma but it's really inconvenient :(

as for common phobias that i don't have, i'm not at all afraid of snakes and reptiles, and have a pretty hard time understanding why they freak people out so much
i have an unbelievably out of control fear of bathrooms, and i usually need my roommate to be in the room with me when i take a shower or a bath, and i just don't use public bathrooms at all, unless they're single-stall and my roommate is with me. it's a fear related to a lot of trauma but it's really inconvenient :(

as for common phobias that i don't have, i'm not at all afraid of snakes and reptiles, and have a pretty hard time understanding why they freak people out so much
Oh goodness, here we go.

I get very, very,very uncomfortable to to point of angry outbursts and panicking when people stare at me. The circumstances have to be very specific for this to happen, but it happens.

I also am absolutely terrified of fainting. I know it's not a terrible thing, but every time I get really hot or feel faint, I start to panic.
Oh goodness, here we go.

I get very, very,very uncomfortable to to point of angry outbursts and panicking when people stare at me. The circumstances have to be very specific for this to happen, but it happens.

I also am absolutely terrified of fainting. I know it's not a terrible thing, but every time I get really hot or feel faint, I start to panic.
Woo boi! Strange phobias...my favorite. I have a aversion of people making any unnecessary sound in general- humming, whistling, singing, ect. The sounds, for some reason, either make me very nervous or angry. I'm alright with it when it's in a song, but people around. Nope.
Woo boi! Strange phobias...my favorite. I have a aversion of people making any unnecessary sound in general- humming, whistling, singing, ect. The sounds, for some reason, either make me very nervous or angry. I'm alright with it when it's in a song, but people around. Nope.
tumblr_ooqjj2qdwS1u2y46so1_500.gif
Emetophobia itself isn't very strange (I think it's in the top 10 most common phobias?), but mine is really debilitating and probably the root of my anxiety.

I don't eat at restaurants because of the risk of food poisoning, I don't take meds (besides basics like tylenol) because I'm scared of side effects, I hate being around little kids in case they're sick, airplanes are absolutely terrifying, and I'm extremely paranoid about watching new TV shows and movies in case they have any "sick scenes" in them. Sometimes I'm afraid to leave the house in case I catch a bug or see someone being sick.

I can barely even type words relating to it without making myself panic. :'^) I've recently become able to read related words without vivid flashbacks and having a meltdown, though, so that's progress!
Emetophobia itself isn't very strange (I think it's in the top 10 most common phobias?), but mine is really debilitating and probably the root of my anxiety.

I don't eat at restaurants because of the risk of food poisoning, I don't take meds (besides basics like tylenol) because I'm scared of side effects, I hate being around little kids in case they're sick, airplanes are absolutely terrifying, and I'm extremely paranoid about watching new TV shows and movies in case they have any "sick scenes" in them. Sometimes I'm afraid to leave the house in case I catch a bug or see someone being sick.

I can barely even type words relating to it without making myself panic. :'^) I've recently become able to read related words without vivid flashbacks and having a meltdown, though, so that's progress!
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17