Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Xenoviel Lair Companion v3.3
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
[center][size=6][b]Xenoviel Lair Companion v3.3[/b][/size][/center] [center][size=4][url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10xQYiWeI8AIRNE9llCBAX09nX6asJ-TCGyUAgVV7pQA/edit?usp=sharing]CLICK HERE TO GET THE SPREADSHEET[/url][/size] Make sure to click File -> Make a Copy! [/center] [br] This Lair Companion was originally made and maintained by the amazing Xenoviel, however, he eventually found that his time was too short to properly maintain it. It was passed on to Alestrius, who took over maintenance for the next couple of years. Now, it has been passed onto me. The previous thread is still available [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1390751]here[/url]. Xenoviel gets full credit for designing the spreadsheet - I just maintain updates for genes & familiars. [br] [center][size=5][b]Features[/b][/size][/center] [list] [*] See all your dragons' colors, genes, and familiars at a glance. [*] Easily track when dragons are ready to breed. [*] See color ranges and gene/species probabilities when breeding any two dragons in your lair. [*] Keep track of how many food points your lair needs. [/list]
Xenoviel Lair Companion v3.3

CLICK HERE TO GET THE SPREADSHEET
Make sure to click File -> Make a Copy!

This Lair Companion was originally made and maintained by the amazing Xenoviel, however, he eventually found that his time was too short to properly maintain it. It was passed on to Alestrius, who took over maintenance for the next couple of years. Now, it has been passed onto me.

The previous thread is still available here. Xenoviel gets full credit for designing the spreadsheet - I just maintain updates for genes & familiars.

Features
  • See all your dragons' colors, genes, and familiars at a glance.
  • Easily track when dragons are ready to breed.
  • See color ranges and gene/species probabilities when breeding any two dragons in your lair.
  • Keep track of how many food points your lair needs.
wvz5N8O.png 12345678901234567890 TivIzlp.png
[center][size=5][b]FAQ[/b][/size][/center] [b]This gene/familiar isn't showing up[/b] I try to add all new genes and familiars in a timely manner, but sometimes real life gets in the way. If the gene/familiar has been out for more than a week and still isn't showing up in the spreadsheet, feel free to PM me or reply to this thread (I'm subscribed) as a reminder. [b]My spreadsheet isn't working[/b] Please PM me or reply to this thread (I'm subscribed) and describe the problem in detail. I will do my best to fix it or walk you through fixing your copy. [b]Can you add more pairs to the pair workshop tab?[/b] The pair workshop tab has hundreds of formulas in it, which can cause the spreadsheet to be very slow to update. I will not add more pairs to the master version, since I want the spreadsheet to work for everyone. If you want to add more pairs to your local copy, feel free. If it slows down too much, you can always delete them. If you want to do this but don't know how, PM me and I will walk you through it. [b]Can you add this cool feature I thought of?[/b] I want the spreadsheet to remain useful to most users, so I will probably not be adding more features unless they seem like they will be useful to everyone. Feel free to post your ideas though! I encourage everyone to modify their versions of the spreadsheet to do anything you can think of. If you can't figure something out, I may be able to help - don't be afraid to ask. [b]Can I modify the sheet and/or share my modifications with everyone?[/b] [quote name=Xenoviel] Yup. As far as I am concerned, this spreadsheet can be considered open source. Were I in a position to license it as such, I would use the Creative Commons Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share-Alike license. Meaning that I would like to be credited in your derivative work, I don't want anyone charging treasure/gems or anything for the sheet and I ask that anyone who does make a modified version stick to the same standard.[/quote]
FAQ

This gene/familiar isn't showing up
I try to add all new genes and familiars in a timely manner, but sometimes real life gets in the way. If the gene/familiar has been out for more than a week and still isn't showing up in the spreadsheet, feel free to PM me or reply to this thread (I'm subscribed) as a reminder.

My spreadsheet isn't working
Please PM me or reply to this thread (I'm subscribed) and describe the problem in detail. I will do my best to fix it or walk you through fixing your copy.

Can you add more pairs to the pair workshop tab?
The pair workshop tab has hundreds of formulas in it, which can cause the spreadsheet to be very slow to update. I will not add more pairs to the master version, since I want the spreadsheet to work for everyone. If you want to add more pairs to your local copy, feel free. If it slows down too much, you can always delete them. If you want to do this but don't know how, PM me and I will walk you through it.

Can you add this cool feature I thought of?
I want the spreadsheet to remain useful to most users, so I will probably not be adding more features unless they seem like they will be useful to everyone. Feel free to post your ideas though! I encourage everyone to modify their versions of the spreadsheet to do anything you can think of. If you can't figure something out, I may be able to help - don't be afraid to ask.

Can I modify the sheet and/or share my modifications with everyone?
Xenoviel wrote:
Yup. As far as I am concerned, this spreadsheet can be considered open source. Were I in a position to license it as such, I would use the Creative Commons Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share-Alike license. Meaning that I would like to be credited in your derivative work, I don't want anyone charging treasure/gems or anything for the sheet and I ask that anyone who does make a modified version stick to the same standard.
Instructions
  • Enter information on all the dragons in your lair in the "Dragon Data" spreadsheet.
  • "Days until RTB" is the number of days left on the dragon's breeding countdown. "RTB Updated" is the date you entered "Days until RTB" in the spreadsheet. If your dragon is a permababy or otherwise unable to breed, put a negative number in the "Days until RTB" column (and whatever you want for the date).
  • The "Dragons (Do Not Modify)" sheet will show mostly the same data as the "Dragon Data" sheet, but it a much nicer format. As the name suggests, do not change any of the cells in this sheet. If you do, it will likely break the formatting.
  • In the Breeding Pairs sheet, you can enter the male's name, female's name, and optionally a name for the pair. This will mostly be useful if you own a hatchery.
  • The "Pair Workshop" sheet generates breeding cards for any two dragons in your lair. Choose their names from the drop down list.
  • The Lair Census tab shows summary statistics for your entire lair. You can filter it using the drop downs in the top left.
  • Many aspects of the spreadsheet are stored in hidden sheets. If the sheet's name begins with "H-", it is meant to be hidden. To access hidden sheets, choose View -> Hidden Sheets and then the name of the sheet you want to see. I strongly suggest that you do not touch the hidden sheets, unless you are very good at using Google Sheets.
  • I keep a ping list that will be alerted for major changes to the sheet. If you would like to be added, just PM me or reply to this thread and let me know.
Instructions
  • Enter information on all the dragons in your lair in the "Dragon Data" spreadsheet.
  • "Days until RTB" is the number of days left on the dragon's breeding countdown. "RTB Updated" is the date you entered "Days until RTB" in the spreadsheet. If your dragon is a permababy or otherwise unable to breed, put a negative number in the "Days until RTB" column (and whatever you want for the date).
  • The "Dragons (Do Not Modify)" sheet will show mostly the same data as the "Dragon Data" sheet, but it a much nicer format. As the name suggests, do not change any of the cells in this sheet. If you do, it will likely break the formatting.
  • In the Breeding Pairs sheet, you can enter the male's name, female's name, and optionally a name for the pair. This will mostly be useful if you own a hatchery.
  • The "Pair Workshop" sheet generates breeding cards for any two dragons in your lair. Choose their names from the drop down list.
  • The Lair Census tab shows summary statistics for your entire lair. You can filter it using the drop downs in the top left.
  • Many aspects of the spreadsheet are stored in hidden sheets. If the sheet's name begins with "H-", it is meant to be hidden. To access hidden sheets, choose View -> Hidden Sheets and then the name of the sheet you want to see. I strongly suggest that you do not touch the hidden sheets, unless you are very good at using Google Sheets.
  • I keep a ping list that will be alerted for major changes to the sheet. If you would like to be added, just PM me or reply to this thread and let me know.
Reserved
Reserved
Reserved
Reserved
@Wyndwren I'd like to stay on the pinglist please! :)
@Wyndwren I'd like to stay on the pinglist please! :)
dNCLmdm.png
UK; sleeping 4pm-2am FRT // Pronouns: they/them // Feedback
~
Signature generator // Calendar of flight festivals until Sept 2019
@Cassolotl (and anyone else who's wondering) - Alestrius has given me the old pinglist, so I will continue to use it to let you guys know about major updates.

If anyone is not on it, but would like to be added, just reply to this thread or PM me and I will add you!
@Cassolotl (and anyone else who's wondering) - Alestrius has given me the old pinglist, so I will continue to use it to let you guys know about major updates.

If anyone is not on it, but would like to be added, just reply to this thread or PM me and I will add you!
@Coolkid @NoAkei @raanve @cassolotl @AshtaraSilunar @Flameswind @LuthienTinuviel @Xenobiological @sharikak @MacGreine @Guenhwyvar @rachools @squidragon @Hidd3nstare @Pandonkey @Silvanuyx @Soloontherocks @GoddessLoki @daenae @unityManipulator @CynicalKat @xXBlaydedXx @Desiderii @BottledGrace @Lyani @RavynStarfall @awerebear @Chrizesu @shinykari @Archfiend @AlexRider @Shockbunny @pandlewords @kariann02 @thedragonwithin @TeenyMallow @Lapillus @Heatherly @Mole @Melodious @OrchestralAscent @obscuresoul @Crowleyisking @zephryi @Arithelia @KittersKamala @Feyna @PopcornFireworks @armychick337 @Kajira @Lapillus @ravenclawgirl @Mags @Nymphalidae @Xphyra @sadri22 @stacheldrahtzaun @MLein @Makiling @Malis @Faunus @Pasafatu @Fluffloid @KaidaHime @Coolkid @Corporal @Heatherly @Sica @InkstainedGwyn @katoptron @ScrivenerLielac @Wintyr @EsdeeAr @logomachy @Cassolotl @Geronima @Dragondrop @Ithiltari @destopianfuture @rhubarbcobbler @eonpixi @EvilBlackSheep @demonoflight @Modiste @SierraKomodo @bonsaiRocket @Paleh @YukiDaviji @Loxi @Spatial @Aeice @Dragonsteps8472 @Rubaiyate @Moongrave @mayorpunk @Kitsara @squidmagician @Glowria @DeepflowManah @KittyAoba @kopitar @Charl1e @meiloslyther @BunnySox @jennysyc @Kintsy @Pachirisu @Eloritia @Tindi11 @Itazu @NataliaKills @houseburning @Lanikot @Trixillia @Prinxee @LocketShoru @Cousin @whoiseliza @aenaithia @Kaletah @ClockworkEclipse @KottrTungl @thatjubi @roseangel2 @Dandelionqueen @MiezMiez @Aireiya @LordBlumiere @NikkiMae @thebeatmesa @Harbinger @Shewolf13 @XemSiege @nakaothekitten @Adu @shizuyue @raiccoon @catato @Esodra @AinadimKunma @VelvetCrawdad

I promise I won't ordinarily ping you guys when I add stuff, but I figured I should just this once.

I believe the spreadsheet is now up to date with all familiars and genes. Please let me know if you find any issues! I am subscribed to this thread.
@Coolkid @NoAkei @raanve @cassolotl @AshtaraSilunar @Flameswind @LuthienTinuviel @Xenobiological @sharikak @MacGreine @Guenhwyvar @rachools @squidragon @Hidd3nstare @Pandonkey @Silvanuyx @Soloontherocks @GoddessLoki @daenae @unityManipulator @CynicalKat @xXBlaydedXx @Desiderii @BottledGrace @Lyani @RavynStarfall @awerebear @Chrizesu @shinykari @Archfiend @AlexRider @Shockbunny @pandlewords @kariann02 @thedragonwithin @TeenyMallow @Lapillus @Heatherly @Mole @Melodious @OrchestralAscent @obscuresoul @Crowleyisking @zephryi @Arithelia @KittersKamala @Feyna @PopcornFireworks @armychick337 @Kajira @Lapillus @ravenclawgirl @Mags @Nymphalidae @Xphyra @sadri22 @stacheldrahtzaun @MLein @Makiling @Malis @Faunus @Pasafatu @Fluffloid @KaidaHime @Coolkid @Corporal @Heatherly @Sica @InkstainedGwyn @katoptron @ScrivenerLielac @Wintyr @EsdeeAr @logomachy @Cassolotl @Geronima @Dragondrop @Ithiltari @destopianfuture @rhubarbcobbler @eonpixi @EvilBlackSheep @demonoflight @Modiste @SierraKomodo @bonsaiRocket @Paleh @YukiDaviji @Loxi @Spatial @Aeice @Dragonsteps8472 @Rubaiyate @Moongrave @mayorpunk @Kitsara @squidmagician @Glowria @DeepflowManah @KittyAoba @kopitar @Charl1e @meiloslyther @BunnySox @jennysyc @Kintsy @Pachirisu @Eloritia @Tindi11 @Itazu @NataliaKills @houseburning @Lanikot @Trixillia @Prinxee @LocketShoru @Cousin @whoiseliza @aenaithia @Kaletah @ClockworkEclipse @KottrTungl @thatjubi @roseangel2 @Dandelionqueen @MiezMiez @Aireiya @LordBlumiere @NikkiMae @thebeatmesa @Harbinger @Shewolf13 @XemSiege @nakaothekitten @Adu @shizuyue @raiccoon @catato @Esodra @AinadimKunma @VelvetCrawdad

I promise I won't ordinarily ping you guys when I add stuff, but I figured I should just this once.

I believe the spreadsheet is now up to date with all familiars and genes. Please let me know if you find any issues! I am subscribed to this thread.
Thank you for keeping this going!
Thank you for keeping this going!
unknown.png
I'd like to be removed from the pinglist. I've been using my own spreadsheet derived from the original since probably late 2014 / early 2015-ish but never bothered to get taken off the list since then... :') (Finally decided 3-4 years was maybe too long to idly sit around on a pinglist I don't need to be on ahaha)

Thanks for taking it over though, glad to see it's still alive and well :D
I'd like to be removed from the pinglist. I've been using my own spreadsheet derived from the original since probably late 2014 / early 2015-ish but never bothered to get taken off the list since then... :') (Finally decided 3-4 years was maybe too long to idly sit around on a pinglist I don't need to be on ahaha)

Thanks for taking it over though, glad to see it's still alive and well :D
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13