Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Xenoviel Lair Companion v3.3
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13
Thanks @kemeadows! I only have android devices, so I wasn't really sure.
Thanks @kemeadows! I only have android devices, so I wasn't really sure.
wvz5N8O.png 12345678901234567890 TivIzlp.png
@Wyndwren may I be added to ping list please?

@Hawkgirl6511 *self ping to find thread later!*
@Wyndwren may I be added to ping list please?

@Hawkgirl6511 *self ping to find thread later!*
qWdtKd.png
@Hawkgirl6511 I have added you to the pinglist.
@Hawkgirl6511 I have added you to the pinglist.
@Wyndwren Thank you!
@Wyndwren Thank you!
qWdtKd.png
Must say I had already put together a spreadsheet such as this before I came across this one and have totally transferred all my data across. This tool is fab! Thanks for keeping it going.

One small thing though, the "sex" column on the display sheet is not showing anything despite my having entered the data into the "dragon data" sheet. any tips on how to correct this?

I'm also wondering what is causing the cells to become coloured as random colours appear to have been chosen for the "eyes" column and all cells in the "RTB" column are now green (probably due to my trying to reformat the date to read d/m/yyyy instead of m/d/yyyy). Any tips or guidance please?
Must say I had already put together a spreadsheet such as this before I came across this one and have totally transferred all my data across. This tool is fab! Thanks for keeping it going.

One small thing though, the "sex" column on the display sheet is not showing anything despite my having entered the data into the "dragon data" sheet. any tips on how to correct this?

I'm also wondering what is causing the cells to become coloured as random colours appear to have been chosen for the "eyes" column and all cells in the "RTB" column are now green (probably due to my trying to reformat the date to read d/m/yyyy instead of m/d/yyyy). Any tips or guidance please?
QBZFjBr.png
@MistressCanta

I am glad you are finding it useful!

Have you added, removed, or moved the position of any columns in the Dragon Data or Dragons (Do Not Modify) sheets? If so, that could be causing most of your issues. If not, I've put some possible fixes below. If they don't work, feel free to reply with more information, or you can PM me a link to your version of the sheet and I will try to figure out what's going wrong! (If you don't know how to do this: click share, then click "get shareable link", then set the drop down to edit access.)

Here are my best guesses for what might be going wrong:

The Sex columns should display little icons in the Dragons (Do Not Modify) sheet, just like the ones in your lair tab. Are you entering the sexes as "Male" and "Female" in the Dragon Data sheet? That's the most obvious thing that could be going wrong there. If you are entering it correctly, check the formula in the Dragons (Do Not Modify) sheet to make sure they're referencing the correct column in Dragon Data.

The Eyes column should not be colored. I'm not sure why yours is doing that, but you can easily turn it off: Highlight an entire column that does not have any colors - I recommend the Name column. Right click and choose copy (or ctrl-c). Then, highlight the Eyes column. Right click, hover over "Paste Special" and choose "Paste conditional formatting only" (second from the bottom). That should turn off all the colors.

The RTB column should be highlighting green if your dragons are ready to breed. If you want to turn it off, you can do it the same way you did the eye column.

If you are still having trouble changing the date formatting, here's how: Click and drag to highlight the whole column except for the header. Then, in the top bar at the left of the dropdown where you change the font, there's a little dropdown that says "123". Click on that, and choose More Formats, then More Date and Time Formats. It will pop up with a box. In the text box at the top (left of "Apply"), delete everything. Then, click the little dropdown arrow in the box and choose "Day". Enter a "/", choose "Month", enter a "/", choose "Year", click apply. I think that will do it.
@MistressCanta

I am glad you are finding it useful!

Have you added, removed, or moved the position of any columns in the Dragon Data or Dragons (Do Not Modify) sheets? If so, that could be causing most of your issues. If not, I've put some possible fixes below. If they don't work, feel free to reply with more information, or you can PM me a link to your version of the sheet and I will try to figure out what's going wrong! (If you don't know how to do this: click share, then click "get shareable link", then set the drop down to edit access.)

Here are my best guesses for what might be going wrong:

The Sex columns should display little icons in the Dragons (Do Not Modify) sheet, just like the ones in your lair tab. Are you entering the sexes as "Male" and "Female" in the Dragon Data sheet? That's the most obvious thing that could be going wrong there. If you are entering it correctly, check the formula in the Dragons (Do Not Modify) sheet to make sure they're referencing the correct column in Dragon Data.

The Eyes column should not be colored. I'm not sure why yours is doing that, but you can easily turn it off: Highlight an entire column that does not have any colors - I recommend the Name column. Right click and choose copy (or ctrl-c). Then, highlight the Eyes column. Right click, hover over "Paste Special" and choose "Paste conditional formatting only" (second from the bottom). That should turn off all the colors.

The RTB column should be highlighting green if your dragons are ready to breed. If you want to turn it off, you can do it the same way you did the eye column.

If you are still having trouble changing the date formatting, here's how: Click and drag to highlight the whole column except for the header. Then, in the top bar at the left of the dropdown where you change the font, there's a little dropdown that says "123". Click on that, and choose More Formats, then More Date and Time Formats. It will pop up with a box. In the text box at the top (left of "Apply"), delete everything. Then, click the little dropdown arrow in the box and choose "Day". Enter a "/", choose "Month", enter a "/", choose "Year", click apply. I think that will do it.
Hello, @Wyndwren, Thanks that has sorted the eyes column, the date format and the colouring in the RTB column, however I think there may be an issue with the Sex column or the function behind it since I have not touched the "Dragons (do not Modify)" page as indicated and am still having no joy with the intended icons. It may have been lost when I downloaded it.
I do find it a little frustrating not to be able to cut and paste data for my dragons on the editable page as the function on the first page will follow to wherever
I have pasted those details instead of being locked to the cells of the second sheet. Any tips on how to sort this? if not i can manage just fine and the spreadsheet is still a godsend. Also my Lair Census data for total number of dragons was bringing up an incorrect value, so i adjusted it to "=COUNT('Dragon Data'!$B:$B)" dont know if this helps anyone else.
Thanks.
Hello, @Wyndwren, Thanks that has sorted the eyes column, the date format and the colouring in the RTB column, however I think there may be an issue with the Sex column or the function behind it since I have not touched the "Dragons (do not Modify)" page as indicated and am still having no joy with the intended icons. It may have been lost when I downloaded it.
I do find it a little frustrating not to be able to cut and paste data for my dragons on the editable page as the function on the first page will follow to wherever
I have pasted those details instead of being locked to the cells of the second sheet. Any tips on how to sort this? if not i can manage just fine and the spreadsheet is still a godsend. Also my Lair Census data for total number of dragons was bringing up an incorrect value, so i adjusted it to "=COUNT('Dragon Data'!$B:$B)" dont know if this helps anyone else.
Thanks.
QBZFjBr.png
@MistressCanta

Glad I could help!

For the sex icons, can you check what the formula is for the cells in the Dragons (Do Not Modify) sheet? It should be something like this:
Quote:
=if(not('Dragon Data'!F2=""),if('Dragon Data'!F2="Female",'H-Lists'!$X$1,if('Dragon Data'!F2="Male",'H-Lists'!$X$2,"")),"")

If yours matches that, check that the icons are in X1 & X2 in the H-Lists sheet. The sheet is hidden by default. To see it, go to the View menu, then mouse over Hidden Sheets and click on H-Lists to unhide it. (To hide again, right click on the tab and choose "hide"). X1 and X2 should be the sex icons. Let me know if this is not the case, and I will try to debug.

For your copying and pasting: if you just need the values, you can do "Paste Special -> values only" to copy them. The dates will show up as numbers, so you will have to reformat the column to dates afterwards. You can do more "Paste Specials" to get other features. Formatting will be the formatting option and conditional formatting. To get the dropdowns, paste the Data Validation option.
@MistressCanta

Glad I could help!

For the sex icons, can you check what the formula is for the cells in the Dragons (Do Not Modify) sheet? It should be something like this:
Quote:
=if(not('Dragon Data'!F2=""),if('Dragon Data'!F2="Female",'H-Lists'!$X$1,if('Dragon Data'!F2="Male",'H-Lists'!$X$2,"")),"")

If yours matches that, check that the icons are in X1 & X2 in the H-Lists sheet. The sheet is hidden by default. To see it, go to the View menu, then mouse over Hidden Sheets and click on H-Lists to unhide it. (To hide again, right click on the tab and choose "hide"). X1 and X2 should be the sex icons. Let me know if this is not the case, and I will try to debug.

For your copying and pasting: if you just need the values, you can do "Paste Special -> values only" to copy them. The dates will show up as numbers, so you will have to reformat the column to dates afterwards. You can do more "Paste Specials" to get other features. Formatting will be the formatting option and conditional formatting. To get the dropdowns, paste the Data Validation option.
@Wyndwren , Thanks that's great about the paste special. No I don't have those icons on my H-lists sheet. I think they may have been lost when I downloaded the file.
May I just add the new Genes on the H-lists sheet or would that be a bad idea?
@Wyndwren , Thanks that's great about the paste special. No I don't have those icons on my H-lists sheet. I think they may have been lost when I downloaded the file.
May I just add the new Genes on the H-lists sheet or would that be a bad idea?
QBZFjBr.png
@MistressCanta It sounds like your H-Lists sheet might be broken? I believe all the genes should be up to date. In cell H1, check what the formula is. It should be the thing in the box below: [code] =importrange("1kbvZX8o7RZbjQ6saqa94q6F8-RpXJNrszumYk_G2kow", "H-Lists!H1:Z1000") [/code] If I were you, I would delete all the data in columns H through Z (just highlight the columns and hit the delete key), then try pasting the formula above into it. Hopefully that fixes things, because if it doesn't I really don't know what's happening. In general, you shouldn't add things to H-Lists - it will probably break everything. I try to keep the sheet updated with the newest genes and familiars.
@MistressCanta

It sounds like your H-Lists sheet might be broken? I believe all the genes should be up to date. In cell H1, check what the formula is. It should be the thing in the box below:
Code:
=importrange("1kbvZX8o7RZbjQ6saqa94q6F8-RpXJNrszumYk_G2kow", "H-Lists!H1:Z1000")

If I were you, I would delete all the data in columns H through Z (just highlight the columns and hit the delete key), then try pasting the formula above into it. Hopefully that fixes things, because if it doesn't I really don't know what's happening.

In general, you shouldn't add things to H-Lists - it will probably break everything. I try to keep the sheet updated with the newest genes and familiars.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13