Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | How to Train Your Dragon, By Duke
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 471 472
@foxwaffles You can find them in the marketplace for 30k treasure. You could also find them in the auction house, but they're usually more expensive there.

(Amazing guide btw. Very helpful)
@foxwaffles You can find them in the marketplace for 30k treasure. You could also find them in the auction house, but they're usually more expensive there.

(Amazing guide btw. Very helpful)
9DF06by.gif
@Watzzio Ah... x_x *has less than 10,000 treasure*

...So what about Ambush and Eliminate then? I currently only have one Eliminate that I found via a lucky drop in the second monster area... And one Ambush from a Pinkerton Pile grab. I know the guide said that "by now you should have enough treasure from Coliseum drops" but I'm getting not much at all. No familiars, no really nice items, just the occasional skull. Am I just unlucky?
@Watzzio Ah... x_x *has less than 10,000 treasure*

...So what about Ambush and Eliminate then? I currently only have one Eliminate that I found via a lucky drop in the second monster area... And one Ambush from a Pinkerton Pile grab. I know the guide said that "by now you should have enough treasure from Coliseum drops" but I'm getting not much at all. No familiars, no really nice items, just the occasional skull. Am I just unlucky?
Ambush and eliminate are coli drops, yes. I've heard Ambush drops fairly often in the Falls. Keep at it; they'll come eventually. To make money hoard sell things like the fragment stones(grind in Arena for these; they drop a lot) and useless materials(check AH prices first). List things like food, apparel, and swipp items on the AH and keep relisting them if they don't sell right away. It will be little and slow at first but it adds up.

Sorry if anything doesn't make sense, I'm not good at giving advice D:
Ambush and eliminate are coli drops, yes. I've heard Ambush drops fairly often in the Falls. Keep at it; they'll come eventually. To make money hoard sell things like the fragment stones(grind in Arena for these; they drop a lot) and useless materials(check AH prices first). List things like food, apparel, and swipp items on the AH and keep relisting them if they don't sell right away. It will be little and slow at first but it adds up.

Sorry if anything doesn't make sense, I'm not good at giving advice D:
9DF06by.gif
@foxwaffles Eliminate also pops up in the marketplace for pretty cheap on occasion. You probably are being unlucky in drops, OTOH it's a known 'issue' that Scorched Forest basically never drops anything, so new drops are being shoved in it now. If you need, take your trio, head to a lower level zone and just kill everything. Not for XP, just for food drops or whatever. Then after like an hour's worth, sell and see how you're doing.
@foxwaffles Eliminate also pops up in the marketplace for pretty cheap on occasion. You probably are being unlucky in drops, OTOH it's a known 'issue' that Scorched Forest basically never drops anything, so new drops are being shoved in it now. If you need, take your trio, head to a lower level zone and just kill everything. Not for XP, just for food drops or whatever. Then after like an hour's worth, sell and see how you're doing.
@Culex Thanks!

Sorry to bother this thread even more, but I just want to mention that Might Fragments (the ones you find as drops that correspond to particular elements, in particular) are super useful, along with the Berserker Stones. They don't take up any important slots and are free boosts (the elemental Might Fragments provide +2 Strength so if you can't afford a Tincture to get the Strength they're an excellent option)

As for my bothersome question: How does Ambush work? I only had one Ambush stone so I equipped it to one of my three dragons, but she never goes first or anything. All three of them attack, then all the monsters attack, then all three of them attack. It's basically perfectly turn-based. My QCK is at 25 like you recommended, currently at the Delta area and they're at level 10.
@Culex Thanks!

Sorry to bother this thread even more, but I just want to mention that Might Fragments (the ones you find as drops that correspond to particular elements, in particular) are super useful, along with the Berserker Stones. They don't take up any important slots and are free boosts (the elemental Might Fragments provide +2 Strength so if you can't afford a Tincture to get the Strength they're an excellent option)

As for my bothersome question: How does Ambush work? I only had one Ambush stone so I equipped it to one of my three dragons, but she never goes first or anything. All three of them attack, then all the monsters attack, then all three of them attack. It's basically perfectly turn-based. My QCK is at 25 like you recommended, currently at the Delta area and they're at level 10.
@foxwaffles

1 Ambush = you get a turn ahead of everyone else. So one on each dragon = all your dragons get 1 turn ahead of everyone else.

So what are you seeing?

The lovely 'first turn skip' bug that is present in 100% of battles for no understandable reason.

The dragon you have with Ambush is losing her first, Ambush-based turn, but keeping her QCK-based turn along with the others. If the bug was NOT present, she would get 2 turns while your other dragons got 1 each.

Also, I am sorry to say that ALL stone stat boosters do not work. It's not just Berserker/Scholar. I just re-verified that; with 34 strength one of my 7s did 142 damage with Scratch to an Emerald Webwing (appropriate with damage calculator). I then gave him one of the +2 strength fragments, and he still did 142 damage with Scratch to Emerald Webwings. Thankfully I did balance the guide around NOT tincturing, and have tested it without tincturing, and at worst I have to occasionally back out of battles sooner than I'd've liked (ie. after 6 battles, instead of maybe 40 in a row) although that's up to the area I'm in.
@foxwaffles

1 Ambush = you get a turn ahead of everyone else. So one on each dragon = all your dragons get 1 turn ahead of everyone else.

So what are you seeing?

The lovely 'first turn skip' bug that is present in 100% of battles for no understandable reason.

The dragon you have with Ambush is losing her first, Ambush-based turn, but keeping her QCK-based turn along with the others. If the bug was NOT present, she would get 2 turns while your other dragons got 1 each.

Also, I am sorry to say that ALL stone stat boosters do not work. It's not just Berserker/Scholar. I just re-verified that; with 34 strength one of my 7s did 142 damage with Scratch to an Emerald Webwing (appropriate with damage calculator). I then gave him one of the +2 strength fragments, and he still did 142 damage with Scratch to Emerald Webwings. Thankfully I did balance the guide around NOT tincturing, and have tested it without tincturing, and at worst I have to occasionally back out of battles sooner than I'd've liked (ie. after 6 battles, instead of maybe 40 in a row) although that's up to the area I'm in.
@Culex Ohh... D: Then why are the stones there?? That sucks T.T Oh well it's okay, they were pretty cheap to buy :3 So even if I gave them the +2 Strength AND the Berserker for a total bonus of +7, there'd be no difference in damage?

Ahhhh that stupid bug. Is the FR team aware of it and going to fix it eventually?

Thanks >w< Sorry for all my pestering.
@Culex Ohh... D: Then why are the stones there?? That sucks T.T Oh well it's okay, they were pretty cheap to buy :3 So even if I gave them the +2 Strength AND the Berserker for a total bonus of +7, there'd be no difference in damage?

Ahhhh that stupid bug. Is the FR team aware of it and going to fix it eventually?

Thanks >w< Sorry for all my pestering.
@foxwaffles

That's right, none of the stone buffs work now (neither do the dominance ones). It's really a pity, but when they DO work you'll be seeing some weird recommended builds for level 25 farming critters, haha. You can put 3 Berserker stones in each of your glass cannons, that WILL be +15 strength, which is nothing to sneeze at.

The devs are aware, and will fix it...eventually. :(
@foxwaffles

That's right, none of the stone buffs work now (neither do the dominance ones). It's really a pity, but when they DO work you'll be seeing some weird recommended builds for level 25 farming critters, haha. You can put 3 Berserker stones in each of your glass cannons, that WILL be +15 strength, which is nothing to sneeze at.

The devs are aware, and will fix it...eventually. :(
@Culex
Thanks for the great guide! I had given up on my level 17 dragons months ago, but taking all your advice made the battles way easier, and now I think I can finally grind them up to 25 :3
@Culex
Thanks for the great guide! I had given up on my level 17 dragons months ago, but taking all your advice made the battles way easier, and now I think I can finally grind them up to 25 :3
signature.png
@Culex
It says in the Guide (Level 14) That after STR 63, you can Scratch, Eliminate the Umbra Wolf. This isn't the case for me. I'm still having to double-scratch, and my STR is 67. (I do have Might Fragments on, would this change anything?) Nevermind. I just read your thing on Stone Boosters a few posts up.

This is a fantastic guide. Thank you so much for making it.
@Culex
It says in the Guide (Level 14) That after STR 63, you can Scratch, Eliminate the Umbra Wolf. This isn't the case for me. I'm still having to double-scratch, and my STR is 67. (I do have Might Fragments on, would this change anything?) Nevermind. I just read your thing on Stone Boosters a few posts up.

This is a fantastic guide. Thank you so much for making it.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 471 472