Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Where do you put your halos
1 2
Where do you put your halos after you're done wearing them??

Do you like, put them in a closet?? How do you keep them from floating away?? Can you hold them or are they magic?? Like the light halo has no physical body to it??

When putting it on, does it just magically float up and stay in place?? What keeps it from just floating up and up and away?? Or refusing to leave your face??

Sincerely, a g1 1 digit xxx WC
Where do you put your halos after you're done wearing them??

Do you like, put them in a closet?? How do you keep them from floating away?? Can you hold them or are they magic?? Like the light halo has no physical body to it??

When putting it on, does it just magically float up and stay in place?? What keeps it from just floating up and up and away?? Or refusing to leave your face??

Sincerely, a g1 1 digit xxx WC
tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
> +3 FR
>She/Her
>Stuck in G1 Hell
what you don't see: flex tape
Ot3Ahks.jpg
Personally, my g1 1 digit xxx WCs simply generate their halos from the sheer epic awesome of their inner being, and thus they are never done wearing them.

Everyone else, though, keeps them on with those little wire crowns, and we have a special drawer for 'em in the costume closet for when the show's over.
Personally, my g1 1 digit xxx WCs simply generate their halos from the sheer epic awesome of their inner being, and thus they are never done wearing them.

Everyone else, though, keeps them on with those little wire crowns, and we have a special drawer for 'em in the costume closet for when the show's over.
38082415sig.png
Kavryn [ Kav-r-y-n ] | » Level 25 Lair Challenge « | » G1 Sales «
[quote name="BirdBagel" date="2019-10-15 20:18:04" ] what you don't see: flex tape [/quote] What you more dont see: Phil Swift the shadow dragon advertising 'halo tape'
BirdBagel wrote on 2019-10-15 20:18:04:
What you more dont see: Phil Swift the shadow dragon advertising 'halo tape'
ico-a_old_570.gif 7NSPPKK.png
cIA3D75.png
X2otc9f.png
QetF0Qf.png
0d3QBVM.png
yS4smQr.png
ico-a_old_570.gif
what if they're summonable, and to store them you just desummon them

they probably lock on to... idk the brainwaves of the person who summoned it hmm

they probably lock on to... idk the brainwaves of the person who summoned it hmm
FR_Sig_LightningElektra.pngFR_Sig_BlastersBassdrive.pngStormheart.gifFR_Sig_SpaceFractal.pngFR_Sig_G1sSkyfall.png
They’re always on. Dragon yelling to their roommate “dude turn that thing off I’m trying to sleep.”
They’re always on. Dragon yelling to their roommate “dude turn that thing off I’m trying to sleep.”
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

FR+3:00
. .
checked on swipp, baldwin, or arlo lately?
_ wizardry2.gif
[quote name="CometStorm" date="2019-10-15 20:26:33" ] what if they're summonable, and to store them you just desummon them they probably lock on to... idk the brainwaves of the person who summoned it hmm [/quote] I imagine it's something similar to this? It depends on the dragon and the specific lore I'm going for, but for the most part I kind of see it as like... an extension of that dragon's magic, kinda like it's flaunting just how powerful it is. The dragon can simply unsummon it, and use magic to resummon it later if they so choose.
CometStorm wrote on 2019-10-15 20:26:33:

I imagine it's something similar to this?

It depends on the dragon and the specific lore I'm going for, but for the most part I kind of see it as like... an extension of that dragon's magic, kinda like it's flaunting just how powerful it is. The dragon can simply unsummon it, and use magic to resummon it later if they so choose.
oAK3y8z.png AfamSig.gif
Okay but more importantly, how is the halo always behind the dragon's head no matter what angle you look at them from?
Okay but more importantly, how is the halo always behind the dragon's head no matter what angle you look at them from?
LIo8D8G.gif
[quote name="Xiria" date="2019-10-15 23:48:03" ] Okay but more importantly, how is the halo always behind the dragon's head no matter what angle you look at them from? [/quote] [i]MAGIC[/i] [s]But seriously, it bothers me that this is true.[/s]
Xiria wrote on 2019-10-15 23:48:03:
MAGIC

But seriously, it bothers me that this is true.
tihutbH.png
lAvpyOQ.png

ZwbGqUa.png

rPaLIxa.png

J7D1quC.png

FObX7rS.png

YMPbu9R.png
53e090906bf1abf526e496f785950d62fc9cfa93.png
[quote name="Xiria" date="2019-10-15 23:48:03" ] Okay but more importantly, how is the halo always behind the dragon's head no matter what angle you look at them from? [/quote] The way I see it - and I'm talking about halos in general here, not just the apparel - halos typically go on creatures that are inherently a little... reality-breaky. So it makes sense that there would be some weird visual effect going on with them, like something that's the same angle no matter where you view it from. They aren't [i]supposed[/i] to make sense, they're supposed to mess with your head and put you on edge. (This might just be the mind-bendy eldritch seraphim lover in me talking, but it's just such a neat idea to me.)
Xiria wrote on 2019-10-15 23:48:03:

The way I see it - and I'm talking about halos in general here, not just the apparel - halos typically go on creatures that are inherently a little... reality-breaky. So it makes sense that there would be some weird visual effect going on with them, like something that's the same angle no matter where you view it from. They aren't supposed to make sense, they're supposed to mess with your head and put you on edge. (This might just be the mind-bendy eldritch seraphim lover in me talking, but it's just such a neat idea to me.)
Esme, a very red and Plague-themed Skydancer. A medallion depicting the Plaguebringer in profile.
1 2