Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Where do you put your halos
1 2
[quote name="Xiria" date="2019-10-15 23:48:03" ] Okay but more importantly, how is the halo always behind the dragon's head no matter what angle you look at them from? [/quote] It's the Mickey Mouse effect repurposed
Xiria wrote on 2019-10-15 23:48:03:
Okay but more importantly, how is the halo always behind the dragon's head no matter what angle you look at them from?

It's the Mickey Mouse effect repurposed
1x0eyx.png
Gina. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55097125] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/550972/55097125_350.png[/img] [/url]
Gina.

55097125_350.png
C2befjR.gif 000
Amy: No, Rosa, we are doing something important here. We are women, standing up and supporting each other and becoming-
(Rosa closes the trunk with Amy inside)
Rosa: New fear: listening to Amy inspire us.
Gina: Be back in a half hour, Ames.

164.png
Well you can always use the Plague halo as a christmas wreath. (You know its almost that time again) Not sure how to properly use the others. Some of them might even be a laser or just light you can't touch.
Well you can always use the Plague halo as a christmas wreath. (You know its almost that time again) Not sure how to properly use the others. Some of them might even be a laser or just light you can't touch.
6WUYXR5.png Etna (FR+9)
She/They
Likes to make sprites
Gen 1 lair
[quote name="SwiftIsHere" date="2019-10-16 00:39:58" ] [quote name="Xiria" date="2019-10-15 23:48:03" ] Okay but more importantly, how is the halo always behind the dragon's head no matter what angle you look at them from? [/quote] The way I see it - and I'm talking about halos in general here, not just the apparel - halos typically go on creatures that are inherently a little... reality-breaky. So it makes sense that there would be some weird visual effect going on with them, like something that's the same angle no matter where you view it from. They aren't [i]supposed[/i] to make sense, they're supposed to mess with your head and put you on edge. (This might just be the mind-bendy eldritch seraphim lover in me talking, but it's just such a neat idea to me.) [/quote] Agreed. And don’t worry, you aren’t the only one who likes that stuff.
SwiftIsHere wrote on 2019-10-16 00:39:58:
Xiria wrote on 2019-10-15 23:48:03:
Okay but more importantly, how is the halo always behind the dragon's head no matter what angle you look at them from?

The way I see it - and I'm talking about halos in general here, not just the apparel - halos typically go on creatures that are inherently a little... reality-breaky. So it makes sense that there would be some weird visual effect going on with them, like something that's the same angle no matter where you view it from. They aren't supposed to make sense, they're supposed to mess with your head and put you on edge. (This might just be the mind-bendy eldritch seraphim lover in me talking, but it's just such a neat idea to me.)

Agreed.
And don’t worry, you aren’t the only one who likes that stuff.
15295.png
+ Pacific Time | Neutral Evil | Artist Kinda +
rtbhGZ5_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium.png
39072.png q7KYqlT.png
They have a little switch so you can turn the floating and glowing on and off :D
They have a little switch so you can turn the floating and glowing on and off :D
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
I like to treat halos as religious iconography, just like Christianity does it (even though I have nothing to do with Christianity akhjksjdk). I just like to think of them as the icon of purity, divinity, power, etc. They're not real in any way unless some are holograms, I just consider them a part of paintings, murals, mosaics and similar. They only appear on art as motifs.
I like to treat halos as religious iconography, just like Christianity does it (even though I have nothing to do with Christianity akhjksjdk). I just like to think of them as the icon of purity, divinity, power, etc. They're not real in any way unless some are holograms, I just consider them a part of paintings, murals, mosaics and similar. They only appear on art as motifs.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
1 2