Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Cute things you thought as a newbie
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
When I was a newbie, I remember someone had in their profile that they were wanting a Bone Fiend, and newbie me didn't know what that was, so I thought "oh hey I'll check my hoard or buy one for them off the Auction House!" And so little newbie me went to check the Auction House, couldn't find a listing, and so I thought "oh well" or that they must be rare. Little did I know how rare. I think I was going to keep an eye out for one though so I could give it to them before I forgot all about it or found out about Bone Fiends being kickstarter familiars actually. :')
When I was a newbie, I remember someone had in their profile that they were wanting a Bone Fiend, and newbie me didn't know what that was, so I thought "oh hey I'll check my hoard or buy one for them off the Auction House!" And so little newbie me went to check the Auction House, couldn't find a listing, and so I thought "oh well" or that they must be rare. Little did I know how rare. I think I was going to keep an eye out for one though so I could give it to them before I forgot all about it or found out about Bone Fiends being kickstarter familiars actually. :')
a3665186-2e54-4922-869a-430b41931c92.png
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

Trigun Stampede - Dr. Stone
Fleet Foxes - Delicious in Dungeon

hahahahahahaha my god

I remember being a newbie and thinking that I wanted all six-digit dragons, because six is my favorite number...

Also getting like five eggs in fifteen scavenging turns, going "oh they must be really cheap I'll sell them for 2k each," and being surprised when they were snapped up immediately

I still cringe at myself for that last one -_-
hahahahahahaha my god

I remember being a newbie and thinking that I wanted all six-digit dragons, because six is my favorite number...

Also getting like five eggs in fifteen scavenging turns, going "oh they must be really cheap I'll sell them for 2k each," and being surprised when they were snapped up immediately

I still cringe at myself for that last one -_-
TTbPXX8.png
Breeding as a newbie: Imma breeds these guys cuz they gots pretty colors!

Breeding now: WHICH GENE/BREED COMBO IS POPULAR RIGHT NOW, I FORGET, IT CHANGES EVERY 3 SECONDS *screams*
Breeding as a newbie: Imma breeds these guys cuz they gots pretty colors!

Breeding now: WHICH GENE/BREED COMBO IS POPULAR RIGHT NOW, I FORGET, IT CHANGES EVERY 3 SECONDS *screams*
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
I thought item rarity was A Thing, and of course my lovely flightmates send flower-bombs to newbies, so I was completely overwhelmed by the ultra-rare items suddenly flooding my inbox.

The concept that many items can have the same, singular functionality just straight-up did not enter my mind--I thought all that stuff was for some sort of crafting system.

Of course, I'm still tremendously grateful...just moreso for the information, patience, and kindness, in addition to the flowers!
I thought item rarity was A Thing, and of course my lovely flightmates send flower-bombs to newbies, so I was completely overwhelmed by the ultra-rare items suddenly flooding my inbox.

The concept that many items can have the same, singular functionality just straight-up did not enter my mind--I thought all that stuff was for some sort of crafting system.

Of course, I'm still tremendously grateful...just moreso for the information, patience, and kindness, in addition to the flowers!
cL9yafY.gif
I used to think getting a familiar to Awakened status meant they could join you in the Coli. Very disappointed you just got a gilded chest.

Thought gene releases were something that would happen twice a year for some reason. I used to go to go through my entire lair trying to new gene on everyone and remember actually being a bit mad when a new gene came out because one had just come out the month before. Nowadays I look forward to new releases!
I used to think getting a familiar to Awakened status meant they could join you in the Coli. Very disappointed you just got a gilded chest.

Thought gene releases were something that would happen twice a year for some reason. I used to go to go through my entire lair trying to new gene on everyone and remember actually being a bit mad when a new gene came out because one had just come out the month before. Nowadays I look forward to new releases!
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
I remember when I got a Nocturne breed change scroll and was just "psh I don't need this" and then chucked it on the AH without looking at what they were really going for. I sold it for 20kt and I. Want. To. Cry.
I remember when I got a Nocturne breed change scroll and was just "psh I don't need this" and then chucked it on the AH without looking at what they were really going for. I sold it for 20kt and I. Want. To. Cry.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx vista_imp2.png Please call me Aku!
Friend Rising Discord
Here & Now Hatchery
vista_imp2.png
That extremely long offspring lists were cool. One of my Faes reached over 100 offspring!
That extremely long offspring lists were cool. One of my Faes reached over 100 offspring!
Snr7ysG.png HChIF4s.png
I had been reading about the site, but a lot of the info I came across was really outdated. I thought Imps still had crazy long wait lists and ridiculous prices.

I thought I was being so smart, grabbing an Imperial from a newbie giveaway. I was going to be rich! And obviously the person giving was the nicest person ever.

I did not become rich selling Imp babies, haha. I still have and cherish the Imperial though.
I had been reading about the site, but a lot of the info I came across was really outdated. I thought Imps still had crazy long wait lists and ridiculous prices.

I thought I was being so smart, grabbing an Imperial from a newbie giveaway. I was going to be rich! And obviously the person giving was the nicest person ever.

I did not become rich selling Imp babies, haha. I still have and cherish the Imperial though.
The RNG taketh, and the RNG taketh more. The RNG does not give.
Hoard style apparel guide (!image heavy!)
Small art shop!
I joined back in July of 2013, played until about September and then quit the game...
Then I came back and was overwhelmed with all the beautiful dragons!! I could buy myself an imperial!! And coatls??! With genes that aren't speckle or just plain basic??!

So I thought all my old dragons were just plain boring. I sold them all for about 60k (because I was still kind of attached)
But they were all snatched up pretty quickly because 6 digits go for a lot more than that...

More of a dumb mistake then something I thought :P

Oh another dumb mistake, I gathered and hatched my first elemental egg and it was pink/sky/pink
my first egg was a double
But I thought pink was ugly so I sold him for cheap
So sad
I joined back in July of 2013, played until about September and then quit the game...
Then I came back and was overwhelmed with all the beautiful dragons!! I could buy myself an imperial!! And coatls??! With genes that aren't speckle or just plain basic??!

So I thought all my old dragons were just plain boring. I sold them all for about 60k (because I was still kind of attached)
But they were all snatched up pretty quickly because 6 digits go for a lot more than that...

More of a dumb mistake then something I thought :P

Oh another dumb mistake, I gathered and hatched my first elemental egg and it was pink/sky/pink
my first egg was a double
But I thought pink was ugly so I sold him for cheap
So sad
Azo3Ye1.png
that this site was free of sin...
that this site was free of sin...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9