Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Cute things you thought as a newbie
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[quote name="Lupine" date=2017-08-03 17:22:38] I thought I could play this game and not have it consume my soul rip soul [/quote] ^ I thought I could play this as a light and not time consuming game... first thing I did: Train a dom team and get into dom :)
Lupine wrote on 2017-08-03:
I thought I could play this game and not have it consume my soul

rip soul
^
I thought I could play this as a light and not time consuming game... first thing I did: Train a dom team and get into dom :)
lU1KFhR.gif
Kydo
He/Him
FR+4
256-large.png
Do what comes natural~

cauldrontext.png

@ShiraCheshire When I do mock-ups for dragons sales, I always choose spines if I hate the tert--they're the least intrusive.

(If it's a dragon I'm going to keep, I just ignore the tert--who cares?)
@ShiraCheshire When I do mock-ups for dragons sales, I always choose spines if I hate the tert--they're the least intrusive.

(If it's a dragon I'm going to keep, I just ignore the tert--who cares?)
waCd6Af.gif0YZijdT.gif
I was used to fodder meaning "food", so I was confused on that for a while.
I was used to fodder meaning "food", so I was confused on that for a while.
waCd6Af.gif0YZijdT.gif
I had a time when I thought all dragons were beautiful

So I bred a bunch of fodder dragons and believed they were beautiful
I had a time when I thought all dragons were beautiful

So I bred a bunch of fodder dragons and believed they were beautiful
Not on this account but on an older closed. (but I did a stupid thing on here too)

I SOLD MY PROGENS FIRST HATCH AS ADULTS FOR LIKE 2-3kT WHAT
Not on this account but on an older closed. (but I did a stupid thing on here too)

I SOLD MY PROGENS FIRST HATCH AS ADULTS FOR LIKE 2-3kT WHAT
He/They
+9 FR
Pings and PMs welcome!
Try not to pick "other" or Hibden for forum games please, of course I can not decide what you choose to pick, nor would I like to hold up games, so take that with a grain of salt. Thank you!

Autism Spectrum Disorder - Please be patient, I don't understand things right away
Kelp Sickle
[color=#006ab8]I was an avid bonder, even back then, so I had a large collection of chests in no time. Problem was, I didn't know how to open them XD So they stacked and stacked and stacked, and then I accidentally click on the image one time and was super surprised to see that open prompt lol Was awfully sloggy to open soooo many one at a time. Then with other chests that you can open all at once, I didn't know you could, and was opening those all separately, too. Or when looking through the bestiary, finding a favorite, and telling myself I would go get one shortly - a bonefiend lol Didn't realize there were different ways to get familiars beside the Marketplace or coliseum then XD I doubt I will still ever get one. Breeding any two dragons together without checking if the ranges were actually any good. Granted, I don't really have any of those pairs any more, but I still have a few remnants with lopsided offspring lists because of that. Keep in mind I keep my pairs permanent and together "for life", so it was a bit sad to split them up. Or tossing my progens first batch on the AH for cheap; I still miss not keeping their firstborn :( When Poi/Tox came out, I still didn't know what I was doing and wan't leveled enough to brew it myself, so I saw someone offer to do it for either a 10kt or 20kt fee per gene that I thought was a good deal. Didn't know people did brew stuff free of charge until after that -_- That was what made me grind my way to max back then and to start my free cauldron service Or telling myself the retired familiars like the downtime and sprites were never gonna be within my reach, so I never bothered getting them when they were a bit cheaper :/ Or thinking the coliseum was going to have more purpose than just grinding - I was honestly expecting something more akin to an adventure mode back then. I joined the site completely blind and had no clue about anything; I was dumb back then. [quote name="Hawktalon" date="2017-08-03 17:13:25" ] [quote name="Oratorio" date=2017-08-01 22:04:39] That extremely long offspring lists were cool. One of my Faes reached over 100 offspring! [/quote] I still think that TBH. Long offspring lists take a lot of time and dedication and to me personally it's really cool if a dragon has a lot of offspring all with unique names. I think that comes from DragCave where lineages were a creative thing. [/quote] [color=#006ab8]Just wanted to pipe in and say that I personally really love long offspring lists, too! I have [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21470285]one pair[/url] that currently has 144 offspring
I was an avid bonder, even back then, so I had a large collection of chests in no time. Problem was, I didn't know how to open them XD So they stacked and stacked and stacked, and then I accidentally click on the image one time and was super surprised to see that open prompt lol Was awfully sloggy to open soooo many one at a time. Then with other chests that you can open all at once, I didn't know you could, and was opening those all separately, too.

Or when looking through the bestiary, finding a favorite, and telling myself I would go get one shortly - a bonefiend lol Didn't realize there were different ways to get familiars beside the Marketplace or coliseum then XD I doubt I will still ever get one.

Breeding any two dragons together without checking if the ranges were actually any good. Granted, I don't really have any of those pairs any more, but I still have a few remnants with lopsided offspring lists because of that. Keep in mind I keep my pairs permanent and together "for life", so it was a bit sad to split them up.

Or tossing my progens first batch on the AH for cheap; I still miss not keeping their firstborn :(

When Poi/Tox came out, I still didn't know what I was doing and wan't leveled enough to brew it myself, so I saw someone offer to do it for either a 10kt or 20kt fee per gene that I thought was a good deal. Didn't know people did brew stuff free of charge until after that -_- That was what made me grind my way to max back then and to start my free cauldron service

Or telling myself the retired familiars like the downtime and sprites were never gonna be within my reach, so I never bothered getting them when they were a bit cheaper :/

Or thinking the coliseum was going to have more purpose than just grinding - I was honestly expecting something more akin to an adventure mode back then.

I joined the site completely blind and had no clue about anything; I was dumb back then.

Hawktalon wrote on 2017-08-03 17:13:25:
Oratorio wrote on 2017-08-01:
That extremely long offspring lists were cool. One of my Faes reached over 100 offspring!

I still think that TBH. Long offspring lists take a lot of time and dedication and to me personally it's really cool if a dragon has a lot of offspring all with unique names. I think that comes from DragCave where lineages were a creative thing.
Just wanted to pipe in and say that I personally really love long offspring lists, too! I have one pair that currently has 144 offspring
dXizOVT.gif
deviantART
♦ +3 FR Time ♦
♦ Born-Again Christian ♦
♥ ♥ Wishlist ♥ ♥
♦ ♦ For Sale ♦ ♦
Free Dragons
Free lv27 Cauldron
Animated Icons
Art Trades
NatakiroFR.gif      tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gif
     Ping, please!
Could not figure out how to take eggs out of my nest to sell on the AH
Could not figure out how to take eggs out of my nest to sell on the AH
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
I sold my first batch of progens' offspring Unnamed (and *cheap*) because I thought it'd be nice to let the buyer name them, and now they're stuck that way forever. *glares at exalt pillar*
I sold my first batch of progens' offspring Unnamed (and *cheap*) because I thought it'd be nice to let the buyer name them, and now they're stuck that way forever. *glares at exalt pillar*
WKtl2lb.png
1YB0OjO.png
RUGBzP5.png
jQub7yI.png
wAfJ7Bn.png
reHWBXk.png
lSyxazy.png
p19HCH0.png
sold my progens first batch of kids because I thought they weren't good-looking/worth keeping

I don't regret it really but I will admit they made some pretty kids (take a look at Izzari's second kid and weep)

anyway, I had a friend introduce me to fr and explain some things so I didn't mess up big time but eh. There may be some things I forgot.

I THINK i made an anti-unnamed exalt forum post at some point though
sold my progens first batch of kids because I thought they weren't good-looking/worth keeping

I don't regret it really but I will admit they made some pretty kids (take a look at Izzari's second kid and weep)

anyway, I had a friend introduce me to fr and explain some things so I didn't mess up big time but eh. There may be some things I forgot.

I THINK i made an anti-unnamed exalt forum post at some point though
MUYNhfy.png
Please make sure to double check the spelling of my username when pinging, thanks ;)
[quote name="Bromine" date="2017-08-02 05:23:36" ] i came from another site where you had to feed each pet individually, so i ended up skipping the tutorial because i thought i knew everything and accidentally exalted a dragon. [/quote] Ouch. It wasn't really a mistake or cute, but I just kinda... didn't venture into the forums for my first few months. I said hi to plague, picked up a gift bag, and played fr without a glance at the forums or announcement page for months. Can anyone imagine doing that now?
Bromine wrote on 2017-08-02 05:23:36:
i came from another site where you had to feed each pet individually, so i ended up skipping the tutorial because i thought i knew everything and accidentally exalted a dragon.
Ouch.

It wasn't really a mistake or cute, but I just kinda... didn't venture into the forums for my first few months. I said hi to plague, picked up a gift bag, and played fr without a glance at the forums or announcement page for months. Can anyone imagine doing that now?
4UUQPPZ.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9