Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore Whining Days v2 [Thread Closed]
1 2 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 280 281
This rounds, which took me about four days due to RL distractions, I managed to get a preliminary description of this guy: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8588463] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/85885/8588463_350.png[/img] [/url] I also got a rough draft of more backstory for him, but I will wait until it's done before adding it to his bio.
This rounds, which took me about four days due to RL distractions, I managed to get a preliminary description of this guy:

8588463_350.png

I also got a rough draft of more backstory for him, but I will wait until it's done before adding it to his bio.
@After don't think I asked before but could I be added to the pinglist? Its been long enough doubting myself and procrastinating on lore ;; I have a rough idea, just... words..
@After don't think I asked before but could I be added to the pinglist? Its been long enough doubting myself and procrastinating on lore ;; I have a rough idea, just... words..
I know today is not lore whining day.... but I swear that today I am going to get some more of the travelers' bios done who are hanging out in my lair right now. They've been cooped up in my lair for far too long. ;^^

(Also I finally got the thread for my travelers' nuzlocke coded and started! Yay!)
I know today is not lore whining day.... but I swear that today I am going to get some more of the travelers' bios done who are hanging out in my lair right now. They've been cooped up in my lair for far too long. ;^^

(Also I finally got the thread for my travelers' nuzlocke coded and started! Yay!)
7wv9OeJ.png_E8BAgFT.png_wfPmarR.png_rrYlaAT.png_RQOAN3O.png
Could I also be put on the pinglist, please? :)
Could I also be put on the pinglist, please? :)
TBh4eRz.png
+8 FR Time
PWYW Name Shop | Little Moon Hatchery | PWYW Lore Shop | Wishlist
Willing to take back any dragons you've received from me!
Not entirely sure what triggered today's bout of writing. I've heard of this thread and noticed the coincidental date, so I thought I'd post here a comment about it. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14056740][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/140568/14056740_350.png[/img][/url] Until today for as long as I've had her (which is seemingly since I found her as a hatchling on the AH on her birthday) she's had two sentences to sum her up. Given the character I gave her she's also had the strongest 'why are you even here' vibe. Given how her belligerence may seem to conflict with the clan's peace-seeking disposition. She can be made to control her violent impulses and only loose them in appropriate contexts to an extent, however. With several dragons, when I get into writing backstory, it gets to a dilemma as to whether to keep going and leave it in the bio or upload it separately to deviantArt like some dragons have. Not sure what the final decision will be with Clodi, maybe to leave it. It's been fun to write about her travels. On Monday I had some ideas for her familiar, so I may add those at some point. I'll try warn any potential readers that there is brief reference to amputation in one paragraph.
Not entirely sure what triggered today's bout of writing. I've heard of this thread and noticed the coincidental date, so I thought I'd post here a comment about it.

14056740_350.png

Until today for as long as I've had her (which is seemingly since I found her as a hatchling on the AH on her birthday) she's had two sentences to sum her up. Given the character I gave her she's also had the strongest 'why are you even here' vibe. Given how her belligerence may seem to conflict with the clan's peace-seeking disposition. She can be made to control her violent impulses and only loose them in appropriate contexts to an extent, however.

With several dragons, when I get into writing backstory, it gets to a dilemma as to whether to keep going and leave it in the bio or upload it separately to deviantArt like some dragons have. Not sure what the final decision will be with Clodi, maybe to leave it.

It's been fun to write about her travels.

On Monday I had some ideas for her familiar, so I may add those at some point.

I'll try warn any potential readers that there is brief reference to amputation in one paragraph.
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
6.4.2017 I actually have a day off to relax and actual get some writing done on my big projects =) So today I've chosen to focus on my Clan Lore and finished this girl: [center][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25394269] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/253943/25394269_350.png[/img] [/url][/center][/center] I just figured out her backstory and how she became sick, so I'm very excited to finally finish her lore. Wish me luck =)

I actually have a day off to relax and actual get some writing done on my big projects =) So today I've chosen to focus on my Clan Lore and finished this girl:

I just figured out her backstory and how she became sick, so I'm very excited to finally finish her lore. Wish me luck =)
buffer text buffer text Tropical post card that says, Hello from The Explorer's Club.  Wish you were here
buffer text
Coming
Soon

Very, very, VERY belatedly, here's a reminder ping: today, June 4, is a Lore Whining Day!

As some of you have probably noticed, this post is extremely delayed. So delayed in fact that today's LWD is more than half over! I've been having to deal with some extra responsibilities this week and last night I just passed out from it all before I could remember that hey, I should probably make a post. |D But better late than never, I suppose! (Though my apologies just the same, eeesh.) Hopefully some of you out there aren't me and remembered the date long enough to scribble down a word or two!

Since a very special day is coming up pretty soon, let's make that the topic for however much of this LWD is left: anniversaries! Does your clan/group/etc. celebrate its founding? Are there any festivals or special activities, or is it just another day? Or perhaps the date marks another span of time since a darker, more tragic event, and it's seen as a time for remembrance or sorrow? What other dates may your clan (or parts of your clan) consider important, and are there any divided opinions in that regard? And of course, for those with significant others, do they mark their time spent together by doing something fancy, or something more casual, or maybe not at all? (And who's The One Dragon that completely forgot an important date and is trying to play it cool while internally panicking?)

As usual, quick reminders: resources and suggestions, linked in the mini-header at the top of this post. Take a look if you need some inspiration or some help working through the day!

Good luck, everyone! ovo)b
@Quis @Valoria @muxh @Rimfaxe @Dhay @Villainous @KitKatJo @AristosAchaion34 @TheFeatherMage @Tiarana @Charbee @ixris @Pyrolusite @Mathilda @Hinumi @Eaglefairy @Leopardmask @Orbitz @sh33pskin @LuckyTheSylveon @Charias @CptnCatastrophic @Blackiebelle @ShiraCheshire @NightVale @Mythie @NicoleEirin @Deramadus @Evermagical @RainyJackalope @JollyRoger @seraphemme @Firefeather @lightningtyto @TangeloJack @elfmoss @Delamire @Parda @Pard @luckgandor @Incalyscent @CheetahCat @clarax @Nishiboys @Elaendorlien @toxipraline @Marmite @CrowsFlight @velvetpaws @Dessoestma @Emordnilap @ilimati @Actaeon @Pretzii @Iriexiris @Liberosis @TimelordSnowy @Alvis @Lluvia @SylphofPens @BraveLittleFish @Nazmiye @SariStar @Virtualhel @BookTravels @Pandacow @8by0 @Adriel @Crobbin @Aarca @StormBerserker @Vanquished @QuetzalQueen @demoliceros @Basilius @Sinfony @CatsAndMaths @Cashe @Scatterspark @Averis @agateflame @Shadeyrain @Frysa @Seamancer @Hydria @annadandelion @Kalistys @Nemora @remuslupn @Mypilot @SocialBookWorm @Karika @RingsofSaturn @RisingFlames @cherryj016 @evosoul @Zizikiel @gardenvoir @IronPen @slp0001 @Viiirus @Starrlight @Frenkle @elsendor @SullenPrince @minty @Faedora @MaraLaray @myrese @Firedawn @Miasmajesty @Shikoire @Jetfeather @hazy @Kitiara @casuallySleepy @TheHeroicOne @EmberEyes @ObsidianSpike @BarbaraFett @Xemriss @Alderwitch @BelladonnaBloom @TwoJay @Peachycupcake525 @LonelyBird @Kaitorubel @ThystLodagi @waywardCarousel @luckgandor @Redlington @SilverFoxDemon @MaryahStevens @anandapanda @ScarletTheDragon @SparkyLurkdragon @RedlaSunShowers @NightTerr0rs @Melova @glitterdusted @Quinineer @PlusOneBiceps @Sirena @Twistedstripe @Ciinna @Lya @heartcrusher1 @Hanelli @Calciferr @MissGoldenPixel @AbyssalKing @Windshear @Nerada @Cirrina @WelcomeToKell @grapefruity @Amut @Poiichy @SaintPepsi @Archaeoraptor @KurtCobain @Demesne @Kerriganne @avianmalware @Nightshades @Rocwylde @Sky93 @Killunia @OverTheWolf @Generation @GhostFlowers @Leun @NightRising @Rainbowlight @CR0 @Rexcaliburr @Geckoe @briestarr @GrinningWolf24 @LS299 @Ithika @Vulcanatus @DraigTeg @Petall @Talismarr @StormyDragon @IvyKirax @Cazrel

Very, very, VERY belatedly, here's a reminder ping: today, June 4, is a Lore Whining Day!

As some of you have probably noticed, this post is extremely delayed. So delayed in fact that today's LWD is more than half over! I've been having to deal with some extra responsibilities this week and last night I just passed out from it all before I could remember that hey, I should probably make a post. |D But better late than never, I suppose! (Though my apologies just the same, eeesh.) Hopefully some of you out there aren't me and remembered the date long enough to scribble down a word or two!

Since a very special day is coming up pretty soon, let's make that the topic for however much of this LWD is left: anniversaries! Does your clan/group/etc. celebrate its founding? Are there any festivals or special activities, or is it just another day? Or perhaps the date marks another span of time since a darker, more tragic event, and it's seen as a time for remembrance or sorrow? What other dates may your clan (or parts of your clan) consider important, and are there any divided opinions in that regard? And of course, for those with significant others, do they mark their time spent together by doing something fancy, or something more casual, or maybe not at all? (And who's The One Dragon that completely forgot an important date and is trying to play it cool while internally panicking?)

As usual, quick reminders: resources and suggestions, linked in the mini-header at the top of this post. Take a look if you need some inspiration or some help working through the day!

Good luck, everyone! ovo)b
@Quis @Valoria @muxh @Rimfaxe @Dhay @Villainous @KitKatJo @AristosAchaion34 @TheFeatherMage @Tiarana @Charbee @ixris @Pyrolusite @Mathilda @Hinumi @Eaglefairy @Leopardmask @Orbitz @sh33pskin @LuckyTheSylveon @Charias @CptnCatastrophic @Blackiebelle @ShiraCheshire @NightVale @Mythie @NicoleEirin @Deramadus @Evermagical @RainyJackalope @JollyRoger @seraphemme @Firefeather @lightningtyto @TangeloJack @elfmoss @Delamire @Parda @Pard @luckgandor @Incalyscent @CheetahCat @clarax @Nishiboys @Elaendorlien @toxipraline @Marmite @CrowsFlight @velvetpaws @Dessoestma @Emordnilap @ilimati @Actaeon @Pretzii @Iriexiris @Liberosis @TimelordSnowy @Alvis @Lluvia @SylphofPens @BraveLittleFish @Nazmiye @SariStar @Virtualhel @BookTravels @Pandacow @8by0 @Adriel @Crobbin @Aarca @StormBerserker @Vanquished @QuetzalQueen @demoliceros @Basilius @Sinfony @CatsAndMaths @Cashe @Scatterspark @Averis @agateflame @Shadeyrain @Frysa @Seamancer @Hydria @annadandelion @Kalistys @Nemora @remuslupn @Mypilot @SocialBookWorm @Karika @RingsofSaturn @RisingFlames @cherryj016 @evosoul @Zizikiel @gardenvoir @IronPen @slp0001 @Viiirus @Starrlight @Frenkle @elsendor @SullenPrince @minty @Faedora @MaraLaray @myrese @Firedawn @Miasmajesty @Shikoire @Jetfeather @hazy @Kitiara @casuallySleepy @TheHeroicOne @EmberEyes @ObsidianSpike @BarbaraFett @Xemriss @Alderwitch @BelladonnaBloom @TwoJay @Peachycupcake525 @LonelyBird @Kaitorubel @ThystLodagi @waywardCarousel @luckgandor @Redlington @SilverFoxDemon @MaryahStevens @anandapanda @ScarletTheDragon @SparkyLurkdragon @RedlaSunShowers @NightTerr0rs @Melova @glitterdusted @Quinineer @PlusOneBiceps @Sirena @Twistedstripe @Ciinna @Lya @heartcrusher1 @Hanelli @Calciferr @MissGoldenPixel @AbyssalKing @Windshear @Nerada @Cirrina @WelcomeToKell @grapefruity @Amut @Poiichy @SaintPepsi @Archaeoraptor @KurtCobain @Demesne @Kerriganne @avianmalware @Nightshades @Rocwylde @Sky93 @Killunia @OverTheWolf @Generation @GhostFlowers @Leun @NightRising @Rainbowlight @CR0 @Rexcaliburr @Geckoe @briestarr @GrinningWolf24 @LS299 @Ithika @Vulcanatus @DraigTeg @Petall @Talismarr @StormyDragon @IvyKirax @Cazrel
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
Haha, it's literally midnight here! Differing time zones strike again! So, uh, no lore-writing for me today. Can't imagine I'd get much done in the 3 minutes that are left of "today". :P

Can't do any tomorrow either, 'cause I'll be busy. Oh well. Good luck to all you lore whiners that aren't half asleep and about to crawl off to bed!
Haha, it's literally midnight here! Differing time zones strike again! So, uh, no lore-writing for me today. Can't imagine I'd get much done in the 3 minutes that are left of "today". :P

Can't do any tomorrow either, 'cause I'll be busy. Oh well. Good luck to all you lore whiners that aren't half asleep and about to crawl off to bed!
Oh lord i have forgotten...but i did some lore explanating what was the difference between embassadors and speekers on Yafim Bio so thats ...something. Maybe i will try to finish Jhasimiri profile next. Wish me luck with that xD
Oh lord i have forgotten...but i did some lore explanating what was the difference between embassadors and speekers on Yafim Bio so thats ...something. Maybe i will try to finish Jhasimiri profile next. Wish me luck with that xD
MCXC90a.png
she/her- Fr +5 - Games / Events entusiast
Familiars in Flames & Lava cookies

oAk80j4.png
I am not a creature that was born.
I am a fire that was set
P8RQZqQ.gif
OH HECK
I forgot about today ;-; I might still be able to finish Owen up tonight. I wanted to write something for Envy too, but I'm still trying to figure out how he'll fit into my lore as he's a lot different from my other fan dragons xD
OH HECK
I forgot about today ;-; I might still be able to finish Owen up tonight. I wanted to write something for Envy too, but I'm still trying to figure out how he'll fit into my lore as he's a lot different from my other fan dragons xD
wORSkxL.png
1 2 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 280 281