Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A [Closed]
1 2 ... 454 455 456 457 458 ... 753 754
This might seem like a weird question, but how hard are dragons' scales? Tough as marble? Granite? Metal? Like would most dragons have a certain rating on the Mohs Hardness Scale, or does it vary?
This might seem like a weird question, but how hard are dragons' scales? Tough as marble? Granite? Metal? Like would most dragons have a certain rating on the Mohs Hardness Scale, or does it vary?
T5GEBka.png
The Stone Borer and Frost Delver looks like there's a hatch that opens on top of their head, is this just a part of their design and they are their own sentient being, or is there something inside, piloting them?
The Stone Borer and Frost Delver looks like there's a hatch that opens on top of their head, is this just a part of their design and they are their own sentient being, or is there something inside, piloting them?
cozy_coatl_adopts_by_animalartist16-dade8ch.png
--- Art Shop --- Accents ---
9g0BXbt.gif
Are a large amount of recolors of current apparel items a possibility in the future? It seems like those would be super easy to do compared to entirely new items, but correct me if I'm wrong!
Are a large amount of recolors of current apparel items a possibility in the future? It seems like those would be super easy to do compared to entirely new items, but correct me if I'm wrong!
Who designs dragons, familiars, items, apparel etc on the site?
Who designs dragons, familiars, items, apparel etc on the site?
It/he 2a426f82-8225-11e7-b745-ff85aed113f5.gifc9938380-821f-11e7-8f2c-ff85aed113f5.gif
Where did Baldwin's name originate?
Where did Baldwin's name originate?
anastasia_r_by_sheepshape-dcfd02j.gif
Will there ever be an oportunity for a second account?
Will there ever be an oportunity for a second account?
Is there any plans to make the scrying workshop available to logged out players so users who haven't signed up yet to be able to scry previews their potential progens or color/gene combos they might like?

When telling friends about flight rising they often ask if there's a way to see things and are locked out of it when I link them. It could be that logged out users can use it without access to the ID input bar if that's the issue.
Is there any plans to make the scrying workshop available to logged out players so users who haven't signed up yet to be able to scry previews their potential progens or color/gene combos they might like?

When telling friends about flight rising they often ask if there's a way to see things and are locked out of it when I link them. It could be that logged out users can use it without access to the ID input bar if that's the issue.
coppercoilcreeper_zpsuw9bo4ed.gifnight_sky1_by_croatiahetalia-dcb33cb.pnglight_shield_by_starkindlerstudio-dajun8p.pngnight_sky2_by_croatiahetalia-dcb33ck.pngMantarune_zpsidz7d320.gif
[quote]When it comes to weather (such as thunderstorms, or droughts or even blizzards), is it entirely dictated in areas by the deities or do they have little to no influence on it?? Like, would a thunderstorm in Light territory be a natural occurance or would it be created be created by a deitiy??[/quote] Weather on Sornieth is a natural occurrence (such as on Earth), but it can certainly be exacerbated by the influence of the deities, or sometimes by their most powerful exalted followers. In the most heated skirmishes for dominance, the weather can be quite unpredictable. [quote]What actually are coatl buttwings? Are they a second pair of legs, or are they something entirely different? I can't quite make their anatomy out from the breed's art.[/quote] Much like the flaps on an airplane's wings, this smaller set of wings takes a vital role in giving the Coatl deft maneuverability while in flight. [quote]I would like to know what, if any, folklore heroes exist. Who do the bards and minstrels sing about, other than the deities? Is there a dragon equivalent to Shakespeare?[/quote] While none are named in a official lore at the moment, the realm is chocked full of daring, memorable heroes. One can bet that during huge battles, there are a few dragon MVPs that helped call shots and turn tides. [quote]So Emperor Dragons are only "one of the few" creatures that could call the Gods onto a battlefield. What are the others? Legless Coatl? Granite Thresher with a laser on its head? Windsinger on a sugar rush?[/quote] The deities consider their exalted followers as their eyes, arms, and ears, and wouldn't likely make an appearance unless there was a serious threat to the very foundation of the planet (much like with the coming of the Shade). In this day and age, with how sophisticated society and culture have become, these incidents are fortunately very rare (...for now...) [quote]Why the upside-down Skydancer for live updates?[/quote] Because it's silly! [quote]Not sure if this has been asked before, but how do you become a Volunteer Moderator? I know this is an option given Barbie and some others but wasn't sure what the criteria was for admission, as someone who may debate taking up this path later on due to the influence this site has had on my creative process. Additionally what sorts of skills would you need to be on the team, and is there a select group that writes the species bios and the lore in the Encyclopedia?[/quote] We have an [b][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=73]informative article in our Encyclopedia[/url][/b] about how to be a volunteer moderator for [i]Flight Rising[/i]. We should note here as well, volunteer moderators are only able to move, edit, and lock threads. [b]They do not have access to private player account information, are not able to penalize player accounts, nor are they involved with creative control or direction of the site.[/b] [quote]When the site gets overhauled, will the frequency of how the marketplace stocks change, or is it not a priority? It's kind of a bummer how the best treasure apparel is never available except to snipers and people who are willing to pay double/triple the price in the AH. But I see how it encourages a competitive economy, so I was wondering what you guys thought about the issue.[/quote] We'll assess the Marketplace system when we get to that point, but odds are that it will not change very much if it does. [quote]Are Admin able to access every flights private forum? Or are they only allowed to access the forum of their chosen flight?[/quote] We see all. [img]https://media4.giphy.com/media/10pbeRF3hJ1vDG/200.gif[/img]
Quote:
When it comes to weather (such as thunderstorms, or droughts or even blizzards), is it entirely dictated in areas by the deities or do they have little to no influence on it?? Like, would a thunderstorm in Light territory be a natural occurance or would it be created be created by a deitiy??

Weather on Sornieth is a natural occurrence (such as on Earth), but it can certainly be exacerbated by the influence of the deities, or sometimes by their most powerful exalted followers. In the most heated skirmishes for dominance, the weather can be quite unpredictable.

Quote:
What actually are coatl buttwings?
Are they a second pair of legs, or are they something entirely different? I can't quite make their anatomy out from the breed's art.

Much like the flaps on an airplane's wings, this smaller set of wings takes a vital role in giving the Coatl deft maneuverability while in flight.

Quote:
I would like to know what, if any, folklore heroes exist. Who do the bards and minstrels sing about, other than the deities? Is there a dragon equivalent to Shakespeare?

While none are named in a official lore at the moment, the realm is chocked full of daring, memorable heroes. One can bet that during huge battles, there are a few dragon MVPs that helped call shots and turn tides.

Quote:
So Emperor Dragons are only "one of the few" creatures that could call the Gods onto a battlefield. What are the others? Legless Coatl? Granite Thresher with a laser on its head? Windsinger on a sugar rush?

The deities consider their exalted followers as their eyes, arms, and ears, and wouldn't likely make an appearance unless there was a serious threat to the very foundation of the planet (much like with the coming of the Shade). In this day and age, with how sophisticated society and culture have become, these incidents are fortunately very rare (...for now...)

Quote:
Why the upside-down Skydancer for live updates?

Because it's silly!

Quote:
Not sure if this has been asked before, but how do you become a Volunteer Moderator? I know this is an option given Barbie and some others but wasn't sure what the criteria was for admission, as someone who may debate taking up this path later on due to the influence this site has had on my creative process. Additionally what sorts of skills would you need to be on the team, and is there a select group that writes the species bios and the lore in the Encyclopedia?

We have an informative article in our Encyclopedia about how to be a volunteer moderator for Flight Rising. We should note here as well, volunteer moderators are only able to move, edit, and lock threads. They do not have access to private player account information, are not able to penalize player accounts, nor are they involved with creative control or direction of the site.

Quote:
When the site gets overhauled, will the frequency of how the marketplace stocks change, or is it not a priority? It's kind of a bummer how the best treasure apparel is never available except to snipers and people who are willing to pay double/triple the price in the AH. But I see how it encourages a competitive economy, so I was wondering what you guys thought about the issue.

We'll assess the Marketplace system when we get to that point, but odds are that it will not change very much if it does.

Quote:
Are Admin able to access every flights private forum? Or are they only allowed to access the forum of their chosen flight?

We see all.

200.gif
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
What's the range of an every-day Dragon's power? You mentioned that some of the most powerful Exaltees have the power to effect weather, for example, and I'd assume that's partly because of training within their deity's court, but surely several Dragons could do the same?
What's the range of an every-day Dragon's power? You mentioned that some of the most powerful Exaltees have the power to effect weather, for example, and I'd assume that's partly because of training within their deity's court, but surely several Dragons could do the same?
Ping me pretty please! I love seeing responses!
Yay! I love the Q&A. So, why, in lore, does Sornieth have such foolish butterflies, to be fooled by a mask? Surely, they must smell dragons? And do faes, skydancers, and other insectivores use the masks to hunt dinner?
Yay! I love the Q&A. So, why, in lore, does Sornieth have such foolish butterflies, to be fooled by a mask? Surely, they must smell dragons? And do faes, skydancers, and other insectivores use the masks to hunt dinner?
177499lightofknowledge2.png
1 2 ... 454 455 456 457 458 ... 753 754