P8RQZqQ.gif
@troubleinsevens

I apologize for my tardiness. I did do the coli challenge yesterday:

Venue: Woodland Path
Starting exp: 4470
Ending exp: 6218
Number of battles: 25
Loot: Nothing awesome :(

I had to leave midway because a good friend's husband had 2 strokes and she needed some help with everything. I'll get caught up with today's challenge as soon as I find it :D

ETA: Oh man, an art/writing day. Lemme think for a while. Maybe a vanilla coke float with a splash of rum will help. What am I saying? Of course it will help!
@troubleinsevens

I apologize for my tardiness. I did do the coli challenge yesterday:

Venue: Woodland Path
Starting exp: 4470
Ending exp: 6218
Number of battles: 25
Loot: Nothing awesome :(

I had to leave midway because a good friend's husband had 2 strokes and she needed some help with everything. I'll get caught up with today's challenge as soon as I find it :D

ETA: Oh man, an art/writing day. Lemme think for a while. Maybe a vanilla coke float with a splash of rum will help. What am I saying? Of course it will help!
jt3PpxV.png
@Fosterson

Thanks for letting me know, and I hope your friend's husband is able to make a full recovery
@Fosterson

Thanks for letting me know, and I hope your friend's husband is able to make a full recovery
shaowed_sanctuary_family_button_small.pngkkBGai5.gifNZB3p5y.png
@TroubleinSevens ...I assume I just post my writing here? I also have it in Shadow's bio, though I can start a thread for the story parts, should you prefer that. Until I am told where you would specifically like it, here is my writing for the day:

--REDACTED--
`
Thread coming soon~
@TroubleinSevens ...I assume I just post my writing here? I also have it in Shadow's bio, though I can start a thread for the story parts, should you prefer that. Until I am told where you would specifically like it, here is my writing for the day:

--REDACTED--
`
Thread coming soon~
7wv9OeJ.png_E8BAgFT.png_wfPmarR.png_rrYlaAT.png_RQOAN3O.png
@TroubleInSevens

Just asking now - should I post my writing here, or is linking to the post where I wrote it okay? I just want to clarify just in case I need to do something different than I thought I did. Lol.
@TroubleInSevens

Just asking now - should I post my writing here, or is linking to the post where I wrote it okay? I just want to clarify just in case I need to do something different than I thought I did. Lol.
HmDNA2Z.pngaq6I7xx.png6fgBqVP.pngXSEmIC3.pngC387vBf.pngwqtPSTI.pngglDwE4l.pngOqryMgB.pnggJXSVmH.png
@Impception @Sempervictor @Grinningwolf24

Your writing has been recorded, it was nice to see everyone's different stories!

Grinningwolf: Please post your writing here! That way I can link it to the front page for everyone to see

Impception: I know you have your thread and while I am checking it (please put me on the pinglist!) I think it would be a good idea for you to cross post the writing days because that way more people can see it, and it's officially recorded TM
@Impception @Sempervictor @Grinningwolf24

Your writing has been recorded, it was nice to see everyone's different stories!

Grinningwolf: Please post your writing here! That way I can link it to the front page for everyone to see

Impception: I know you have your thread and while I am checking it (please put me on the pinglist!) I think it would be a good idea for you to cross post the writing days because that way more people can see it, and it's officially recorded TM
@Hinumi @Fosterson

I still need your writing for yesterday! I would like it by the end of the day please :D
@Hinumi @Fosterson

I still need your writing for yesterday! I would like it by the end of the day please :D
[center][size=4]Day 4[/size][/center] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/food/794.png[/img][/center] mmmmmm seafood 30-40 battles in the coli, still in the woodland path. Make it count because chances are next time we'll be moving up to the scorched forest! @SemperVictor @Hinumi @GrinningWolf24 @Impception @Fosterson @Himawari @Ironpen @zzzhorses
Day 4
794.png

mmmmmm seafood

30-40 battles in the coli, still in the woodland path. Make it count because chances are next time we'll be moving up to the scorched forest!

@SemperVictor @Hinumi @GrinningWolf24 @Impception @Fosterson @Himawari @Ironpen @zzzhorses

@TroubleinSevens

Awesome I'll go post it now :) And I'll slap you on the pinglist! Thank you so much for letting me know. Also, sorry for any silly questions or anything. I really appreciate you being patient with me ^_^
@TroubleinSevens

Awesome I'll go post it now :) And I'll slap you on the pinglist! Thank you so much for letting me know. Also, sorry for any silly questions or anything. I really appreciate you being patient with me ^_^
HmDNA2Z.pngaq6I7xx.png6fgBqVP.pngXSEmIC3.pngC387vBf.pngwqtPSTI.pngglDwE4l.pngOqryMgB.pnggJXSVmH.png
@TroubleInSevens - Writing posted.

Darkness overhead. Darkness behind. Darkness all around.
Orbs of red with rage abound.
A flash of white beneath emerald hued leaves.
The slip of life silent as a breeze.

One foot. Two foot. Three foot. Four foot. Twelve feet.
Silent screams abate in the wake of darkness bittersweet.
Twelve feet. Six ears. Three noses.
The scent of death masked by the allure of roses.

Triplets with decay marking their trail.
What nightmare has come to see us fail?
Three siblings to fight to the death,
Unrelenting till their last breath.

The sound of rain woke Nolofinwe from his sleep. Cocking his head up, he listened to the raindrops splattering the ground around him. The coliseum wall was just barely visible from his position, with the trees from the edges of the Woodland Path that led deeper into the heart of the area curling out to meet the heavily weathered stone. It was a night that was sure to wake his brother with emotions.

Climbing to his feet, the heavy Imperial settled on his haunches just under the tree protecting his siblings and him from the drizzle. He stared out across the area and watched the different teams sleeping under their individual trees. The sight was not unlike one he'd seen before. But perhaps such thoughts were better left to the past... Or at least until there was a better time to consider them.

But then again, when really was the best time to peruse the past and revisit happenings from before?

Heaving a soft sigh, the Imperial closed his eyes, took a deep breath and waited, his tail flicking against the dampening earth under him. The smell of rain filled the air, and - within minutes, as he had predicted - he felt Arafinwe's slighter weight settle against his side. There was ever a bare tremble, before the youngest of the triplets settled in, lifting his head to view the darkness and the drench of rain coming down to soak the path before them. No animals stirred, save for them.

Together the two sat in silence for a few minutes, just watching the rain. Behind them, Lalwende lay, awake but unwilling to move from the warmth of the flowerbed she sought as a resting place.

When the silence broke, the voice that did so was a bare whisper, and the owner of the voice trembled as he spoke, the movement a bare ripple against Nolofinwe's side, "Do you remember?"

The oldest took his eyes from the dark black of the sky for a moment, turning them to focus on Arafinwe's face and the distant look in his eyes. He knew that look all too well. It was the vulnerable look that Arafinwe wore when he thought too much of the past. This was one of the reasons that Nolofinwe didn't want his brother out in the world. Despite his ferocity, the anger, the rage that boiled in him - Arafinwe was softer, less cut out for the world. Their father, with his relentless training that he had tried to keep secret, had broken Arafinwe's spirit. Nolofinwe knew, if their father was still alive today, Arafinwe would be his puppet, rather than standing on his own.

Despite his softness, Arafinwe was still just as rage driven and hateful toward the world as the other two siblings. He could not match Lalwende's cunning or seduction, and he was no match to Nolofinwe's leadership and intelligence, but Arafinwe could cut through a dragon in seconds. He knew where to strike to leave them vulnerable and where to leave marks where it would hurt the most. He was, easily, the best killer of the three.

Yet Arafinwe was so full of emotions at times, he could be haphazard in his actions, sometimes losing himself to his thoughts mid battle. Nolofinwe thought this was because he criticized himself so much in his maneuvers during those battles that he sometimes lost track and became unfocused. It was something he hoped to work on during this competition.

The oldest's thoughts turned to what his brother asked. Did he remember? Of course he did.

The rain pouring down, the camp of strangers in their way. The laughter quieting around a dying fire as the triplets approached. The flash of lightning. The red that doused the earth. The smell....

The smell...

Tilting his head toward Arafinwe once more, the oldest dipped his head in a bare nod before refocusing on the rain overhead. Arafinwe's shimmering wings stretched backward, giving Nolofinwe a glimpse of the unmottled pure color that marked them apart. Of all the siblings, only Arafinwe had inherited his father's wings. And it was just another element that the youngest hated about himself.

Nolofinwe, on the other hand, thought the unbroken color couldn't be more beautiful. It made Arafinwe different from them. Made him stand out from them in a way that the oldest couldn't describe. The unmarred wings made Arafinwe seem... healthy. More elegant, refined. Like a dragon that didn't belong where he was. Whereas, Nolofinwe and Lalwende's broken, mottled wings gave them the appearance of being rotten and dying - though some measure of truth could be said about both of them, what with Nolofinwe's skin rotting where he sewed the eyes into his skin and Lalwende's fresh stench of blood and roses that never went away thanks to the plants she grew in her flesh. But that was what made them all different, unique, but all the same.

When Arafinwe's wings settled back against his back, Nolofinwe stood, intent on making his way back to Lalwende and back to sleep. Yet before he could take a step away from Arafinwe, he felt the youngest's tail curl around his leg, stopping him from moving.

He glanced over at his brother, one tufted eyebrow raising in curiosity. Arafinwe glanced at him out of the corner of his eye, tail loosening but staying wrapped around his leg. The oldest snorted, settling back onto his haunches, shifting a tiny bit closer to his brother and flopping his wing out over his back, though playfully so Arafinwe understood he wasn't angry in the slightest.

Lightning flashed across the sky as they sat, slowly curling together until it was hard to see where one of them began and the other ended. Then again, they intended for that to happen - one day it would be truer than true - the three would share a body and become the ultimate killing machine.

But for today, being this close was the best they could get, and so they took it, all too thoroughly enjoying being close together. Enjoying the feel of one another close. The only closeness they could ever achieve with another dragon.

Sing song, sing song, tick tock, tick tock,
The hands of time spin round the clock,
Round and round, but where will they stop?
Sing song, sing song, tick tock, tick tock.

Where they stop no one will guess,
But we're absolutely certain it'll be a mess,
Red rain falls, the Sparrow cries out,
Caught by tearing teeth glaring from a snout.

Sing song, sing song, tick tock, tick tock
The triplets are coming, the triplets are coming,
Tick-a-tock, tick-a-tock, tick-a-tock,
Can you hear the death march drumming?

@TroubleInSevens - Writing posted.

Darkness overhead. Darkness behind. Darkness all around.
Orbs of red with rage abound.
A flash of white beneath emerald hued leaves.
The slip of life silent as a breeze.

One foot. Two foot. Three foot. Four foot. Twelve feet.
Silent screams abate in the wake of darkness bittersweet.
Twelve feet. Six ears. Three noses.
The scent of death masked by the allure of roses.

Triplets with decay marking their trail.
What nightmare has come to see us fail?
Three siblings to fight to the death,
Unrelenting till their last breath.

The sound of rain woke Nolofinwe from his sleep. Cocking his head up, he listened to the raindrops splattering the ground around him. The coliseum wall was just barely visible from his position, with the trees from the edges of the Woodland Path that led deeper into the heart of the area curling out to meet the heavily weathered stone. It was a night that was sure to wake his brother with emotions.

Climbing to his feet, the heavy Imperial settled on his haunches just under the tree protecting his siblings and him from the drizzle. He stared out across the area and watched the different teams sleeping under their individual trees. The sight was not unlike one he'd seen before. But perhaps such thoughts were better left to the past... Or at least until there was a better time to consider them.

But then again, when really was the best time to peruse the past and revisit happenings from before?

Heaving a soft sigh, the Imperial closed his eyes, took a deep breath and waited, his tail flicking against the dampening earth under him. The smell of rain filled the air, and - within minutes, as he had predicted - he felt Arafinwe's slighter weight settle against his side. There was ever a bare tremble, before the youngest of the triplets settled in, lifting his head to view the darkness and the drench of rain coming down to soak the path before them. No animals stirred, save for them.

Together the two sat in silence for a few minutes, just watching the rain. Behind them, Lalwende lay, awake but unwilling to move from the warmth of the flowerbed she sought as a resting place.

When the silence broke, the voice that did so was a bare whisper, and the owner of the voice trembled as he spoke, the movement a bare ripple against Nolofinwe's side, "Do you remember?"

The oldest took his eyes from the dark black of the sky for a moment, turning them to focus on Arafinwe's face and the distant look in his eyes. He knew that look all too well. It was the vulnerable look that Arafinwe wore when he thought too much of the past. This was one of the reasons that Nolofinwe didn't want his brother out in the world. Despite his ferocity, the anger, the rage that boiled in him - Arafinwe was softer, less cut out for the world. Their father, with his relentless training that he had tried to keep secret, had broken Arafinwe's spirit. Nolofinwe knew, if their father was still alive today, Arafinwe would be his puppet, rather than standing on his own.

Despite his softness, Arafinwe was still just as rage driven and hateful toward the world as the other two siblings. He could not match Lalwende's cunning or seduction, and he was no match to Nolofinwe's leadership and intelligence, but Arafinwe could cut through a dragon in seconds. He knew where to strike to leave them vulnerable and where to leave marks where it would hurt the most. He was, easily, the best killer of the three.

Yet Arafinwe was so full of emotions at times, he could be haphazard in his actions, sometimes losing himself to his thoughts mid battle. Nolofinwe thought this was because he criticized himself so much in his maneuvers during those battles that he sometimes lost track and became unfocused. It was something he hoped to work on during this competition.

The oldest's thoughts turned to what his brother asked. Did he remember? Of course he did.

The rain pouring down, the camp of strangers in their way. The laughter quieting around a dying fire as the triplets approached. The flash of lightning. The red that doused the earth. The smell....

The smell...

Tilting his head toward Arafinwe once more, the oldest dipped his head in a bare nod before refocusing on the rain overhead. Arafinwe's shimmering wings stretched backward, giving Nolofinwe a glimpse of the unmottled pure color that marked them apart. Of all the siblings, only Arafinwe had inherited his father's wings. And it was just another element that the youngest hated about himself.

Nolofinwe, on the other hand, thought the unbroken color couldn't be more beautiful. It made Arafinwe different from them. Made him stand out from them in a way that the oldest couldn't describe. The unmarred wings made Arafinwe seem... healthy. More elegant, refined. Like a dragon that didn't belong where he was. Whereas, Nolofinwe and Lalwende's broken, mottled wings gave them the appearance of being rotten and dying - though some measure of truth could be said about both of them, what with Nolofinwe's skin rotting where he sewed the eyes into his skin and Lalwende's fresh stench of blood and roses that never went away thanks to the plants she grew in her flesh. But that was what made them all different, unique, but all the same.

When Arafinwe's wings settled back against his back, Nolofinwe stood, intent on making his way back to Lalwende and back to sleep. Yet before he could take a step away from Arafinwe, he felt the youngest's tail curl around his leg, stopping him from moving.

He glanced over at his brother, one tufted eyebrow raising in curiosity. Arafinwe glanced at him out of the corner of his eye, tail loosening but staying wrapped around his leg. The oldest snorted, settling back onto his haunches, shifting a tiny bit closer to his brother and flopping his wing out over his back, though playfully so Arafinwe understood he wasn't angry in the slightest.

Lightning flashed across the sky as they sat, slowly curling together until it was hard to see where one of them began and the other ended. Then again, they intended for that to happen - one day it would be truer than true - the three would share a body and become the ultimate killing machine.

But for today, being this close was the best they could get, and so they took it, all too thoroughly enjoying being close together. Enjoying the feel of one another close. The only closeness they could ever achieve with another dragon.

Sing song, sing song, tick tock, tick tock,
The hands of time spin round the clock,
Round and round, but where will they stop?
Sing song, sing song, tick tock, tick tock.

Where they stop no one will guess,
But we're absolutely certain it'll be a mess,
Red rain falls, the Sparrow cries out,
Caught by tearing teeth glaring from a snout.

Sing song, sing song, tick tock, tick tock
The triplets are coming, the triplets are coming,
Tick-a-tock, tick-a-tock, tick-a-tock,
Can you hear the death march drumming?

1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13