Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Whisper Skipper [Battle of the Bay Game]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17
[center][img]http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae226/ddragonpuff/Flight%20Rising/Whisper%20Skipper/WhisperSkipper_zpslid9k32d.gif[/img][/center] ----- ----- ----- [columns][color=transparent]soo[/color][nextcol][size=4][i][b]"Stepper Black to Skipper. Can you hear me Skipper?... SKIPPER?!"[/b] His frustration getting the better of him, Ciaram snarled as he spun around, putting the view of the Observatory sitting atop it's earthen pillar behind him as he stepped back into his secluded cave. 'Why weren't they answering? Why was NO ONE answering?! It's been so long, too long, hasn't it?...' He'd heard of long, under-cover missions before, but this was getting ridiculous. It'd been half a year now! He'd been keeping track, he knew! Well, at least he thought he knew. If pressed, he may admit his numbers might have been a little off, but he'd discovered that extended periods of time in this place tended to alter one's perceptions a bit. He would know, since he's been here for OVER A YEAR. Or wait, no. It hasn't been quite a year yet, has it?.... [b]"WHATEVER."[/b] He grumbled to himself as he tromped further into his hidey-hole. He allowed himself to feel a small sliver of satisfaction over that one success though. Finding this cave in one of the rising pillars, nearly completely hidden from the outside thanks to convenient rock formations, with an almost perfect view of the Observatory on it's pillar across the way? Oh yes, his skills hadn't gotten rusty at all. He had the perfect spying lookout. If only he could ACTUALLY MAKE HIS REPORTS. Growling out again, he suddenly yanked the bejeweled armband off his forearm, glaring darkly at it. He HATED the stupid thing. SO much. When it worked, it got warm and itchy and gave him a twitchy feeling, but at least it worked. NOT ANYMORE THOUGH. And ironically, he found himself hating it even more, because of that. Because that meant, for whatever reason, the Skipper either wasn't contacting him [/i][/size][sub][size=2][b]abandoned? no, he can't have been abandoned, he can't...[/b][/size][/sub][size=4][i] or it just wasn't sending out it's signal. No contact whatsoever, but he couldn't just LEAVE. What if he was supposed to stay? He'd never failed a mission before, and he wasn't about to start because of a malfunctioning gem. He'd resorted to writing out his reports on bits of parchment he found floating around everywhere, and collecting them all in a serviceable scroll case he'd come across. The Steppers were discouraged from doing that, since written missives could be stolen and the precious information discovered by enemy parties, but he wouldn't have had to resort to those measures if the cursed ARMBAND would just WORK! In his rage, with the armband sitting oh-so-innocently in his claw, as if it wasn't actively trying to sabotage him, he KNEW it was, he wound back and then heaved the bloody thing at the wall, as hard he as could. Teach IT to make a fool of HIM!--[/i][/size][nextcol][color=transparent]mad[/color][/columns] A clattering sound woke him suddenly. Jerking up, shaking off the remains of the dream/memory he had been re-living, Ciaram tensed, ready for a fight, but relaxed again almost immediately when he saw that it was just Cody standing at his side. The clicking of her hooves against the rock had woken him. [b]"You were grumbling in your sleep again Cia."[/b] He voice was soft, teasing. [b]"Whatever happened to the Wildclaw that could hold his breath, even in his sleep, to always stay perfectly silent? You aren't allowed to bug me about my noisy hooves ever again."[/b] He snorted in response. [b]"The Wildclaw has had to hang around in a place far too pink for far too long, is what. It gets stuck in my nose."[/b] He climbed up to his feet, stretching his neck out as she smirked at him. [b]"The colour gets caught in your nose? You realize colours aren't physical on their own, right?"[/b] [b]"In these Isles? Anything is possible Cody. I'm surprised my blood hasn't turned pink yet."[/b] He started pulling on his armour again. She laughed softly, before holding out a clay pot for Ciaram to take, when he had an open claw. [b]"Well, don't let these crawl up your nose then. I found a few more of those purple skinks crawling around. If you're going to head out again right away, take them as a snack."[/b] [b]"My thanks."[/b] He muttered, as he moved to shove the pot into his satchel. The Dappled Dunhoof jumped forward and grabbed his arm before he could complete the movement though. [b]"Hey hey, watch it! You almost put that into the Portal Pocket again!"[/b] She reprimanded, a scowl on her face. A glance down told you that yes, you had nearly put the pot in that special side pocket. [b]"...Oops?"[/b] [b]"Oops my hindquarters! That Pocket connects directly to our storage caves in here, you know that, YOU set it up! If I have to go crawling through those piles again, chasing after escaping skinks, YOU will be the one trying to get everything organized again, mark my words!"[/b] It had only happened once or twice, or maybe it was five, times before. Nothing to be so mad about... [b]"Okay, okay, sorry. I'll be more careful, I promise. Anything I send back through the Pocket Portal will be nicely tied up in a bow, just for you."[/b] She slapped his haunch as she trotted away, her tail flicking. [b]"It better be, else I'll shove it right back out at you, and then you will have to deal with your own mess!"[/b] He chuckled lowly to himself, as he donned the last of his gear and settled the satchel at his side. A light clinking from inside it reminded him of the dream that he had been having, and he dipped a claw into the bag as he walked to pull out a small chunk of infused crystal. He stared at it sadly. Ciaram definitely regretted throwing the armband back then, in his frustration. The jewel had struck and shattered against the cave wall, ultimately severing his only possible connection with the Skipper. He'd kept the five larger chunks of the crystal, hoping against hope that he could repair it somehow, or that maybe the mystical energies of this Deity-forsaken territory would enhance the bits enough for them to be functional, but to no avail. The crystal hunks remained cold and silent. Still, he couldn't bring himself to throw them away; hope remained. As he came up to the cave entrance, he stopped to take a deep breathe of the heavy air here. A soft breeze blew past, threading through the rocks to pull at his scarf and wraps. He gripped the crystal in his claw tightly. Maybe today? Would something in his stagnant world change today?.... ----- [center][size=2]Put yourself on [url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1d9rsTJ_46SR0HRcGEjUn72jl83bO9KwGNPOFNstuF58/edit?usp=sharing]this Pinglist[/url] to make sure you stay updated![/size][/center]
WhisperSkipper_zpslid9k32d.gif

soo "Stepper Black to Skipper. Can you hear me Skipper?... SKIPPER?!" His frustration getting the better of him, Ciaram snarled as he spun around, putting the view of the Observatory sitting atop it's earthen pillar behind him as he stepped back into his secluded cave.

'Why weren't they answering? Why was NO ONE answering?! It's been so long, too long, hasn't it?...' He'd heard of long, under-cover missions before, but this was getting ridiculous. It'd been half a year now! He'd been keeping track, he knew! Well, at least he thought he knew. If pressed, he may admit his numbers might have been a little off, but he'd discovered that extended periods of time in this place tended to alter one's perceptions a bit. He would know, since he's been here for OVER A YEAR. Or wait, no. It hasn't been quite a year yet, has it?....

"WHATEVER." He grumbled to himself as he tromped further into his hidey-hole. He allowed himself to feel a small sliver of satisfaction over that one success though. Finding this cave in one of the rising pillars, nearly completely hidden from the outside thanks to convenient rock formations, with an almost perfect view of the Observatory on it's pillar across the way? Oh yes, his skills hadn't gotten rusty at all. He had the perfect spying lookout. If only he could ACTUALLY MAKE HIS REPORTS.

Growling out again, he suddenly yanked the bejeweled armband off his forearm, glaring darkly at it. He HATED the stupid thing. SO much. When it worked, it got warm and itchy and gave him a twitchy feeling, but at least it worked. NOT ANYMORE THOUGH. And ironically, he found himself hating it even more, because of that. Because that meant, for whatever reason, the Skipper either wasn't contacting him
abandoned? no, he can't have been abandoned, he can't... or it just wasn't sending out it's signal.

No contact whatsoever, but he couldn't just LEAVE. What if he was supposed to stay? He'd never failed a mission before, and he wasn't about to start because of a malfunctioning gem. He'd resorted to writing out his reports on bits of parchment he found floating around everywhere, and collecting them all in a serviceable scroll case he'd come across. The Steppers were discouraged from doing that, since written missives could be stolen and the precious information discovered by enemy parties, but he wouldn't have had to resort to those measures if the cursed ARMBAND would just WORK!

In his rage, with the armband sitting oh-so-innocently in his claw, as if it wasn't actively trying to sabotage him, he KNEW it was, he wound back and then heaved the bloody thing at the wall, as hard he as could. Teach IT to make a fool of HIM!--
mad

A clattering sound woke him suddenly.

Jerking up, shaking off the remains of the dream/memory he had been re-living, Ciaram tensed, ready for a fight, but relaxed again almost immediately when he saw that it was just Cody standing at his side. The clicking of her hooves against the rock had woken him.

"You were grumbling in your sleep again Cia." He voice was soft, teasing. "Whatever happened to the Wildclaw that could hold his breath, even in his sleep, to always stay perfectly silent? You aren't allowed to bug me about my noisy hooves ever again."

He snorted in response. "The Wildclaw has had to hang around in a place far too pink for far too long, is what. It gets stuck in my nose." He climbed up to his feet, stretching his neck out as she smirked at him.

"The colour gets caught in your nose? You realize colours aren't physical on their own, right?"

"In these Isles? Anything is possible Cody. I'm surprised my blood hasn't turned pink yet." He started pulling on his armour again.

She laughed softly, before holding out a clay pot for Ciaram to take, when he had an open claw. "Well, don't let these crawl up your nose then. I found a few more of those purple skinks crawling around. If you're going to head out again right away, take them as a snack."

"My thanks." He muttered, as he moved to shove the pot into his satchel. The Dappled Dunhoof jumped forward and grabbed his arm before he could complete the movement though.

"Hey hey, watch it! You almost put that into the Portal Pocket again!" She reprimanded, a scowl on her face. A glance down told you that yes, you had nearly put the pot in that special side pocket.

"...Oops?"

"Oops my hindquarters! That Pocket connects directly to our storage caves in here, you know that, YOU set it up! If I have to go crawling through those piles again, chasing after escaping skinks, YOU will be the one trying to get everything organized again, mark my words!" It had only happened once or twice, or maybe it was five, times before. Nothing to be so mad about...

"Okay, okay, sorry. I'll be more careful, I promise. Anything I send back through the Pocket Portal will be nicely tied up in a bow, just for you."

She slapped his haunch as she trotted away, her tail flicking. "It better be, else I'll shove it right back out at you, and then you will have to deal with your own mess!"

He chuckled lowly to himself, as he donned the last of his gear and settled the satchel at his side. A light clinking from inside it reminded him of the dream that he had been having, and he dipped a claw into the bag as he walked to pull out a small chunk of infused crystal. He stared at it sadly.

Ciaram definitely regretted throwing the armband back then, in his frustration. The jewel had struck and shattered against the cave wall, ultimately severing his only possible connection with the Skipper. He'd kept the five larger chunks of the crystal, hoping against hope that he could repair it somehow, or that maybe the mystical energies of this Deity-forsaken territory would enhance the bits enough for them to be functional, but to no avail. The crystal hunks remained cold and silent. Still, he couldn't bring himself to throw them away; hope remained.

As he came up to the cave entrance, he stopped to take a deep breathe of the heavy air here. A soft breeze blew past, threading through the rocks to pull at his scarf and wraps. He gripped the crystal in his claw tightly. Maybe today? Would something in his stagnant world change today?....

Put yourself on this Pinglist to make sure you stay updated!
drpusig1_zpsjz7uct4m.pngwindright_zpsee23nxkw.png
----- ----- ----- [center][size=7][color=green][b]STATUS[/b][/color][/size][/center] ----- ----- ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1342979] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/13430/1342979_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [columns]Rank and Designation: [b]Stepper Black[/b] Last Known Location: [b]Windswept Plateau; the Cloudsong[/b] Last Recorded Report: [b]N/A[/b][nextcol][color=transparent]spacing text WOO[/color][nextcol][b]Hunger:[/b] [b]Thirst:[/b] [b]Mood:[/b] [nextcol][color=transparent]Y[/color][nextcol][color=green][b]100%[/b][/color] [color=green][b]100%[/b][/color] [color=green][b]Peaceful[/b][/color][/columns] ----- [center][size=5][color=#329932][b]Inventory[/b][/color][/size][/center] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/layout/treasure_pile.png[/img] = 4,930 [img]http://flightrising.com/images/layout/gem_pile.png[/img] = 2 [item=Weird Purple Skink]x3 [item=Waterskin]x4 [item=Aged Tome]x2 [item=Intact Parchment]x3 [item=Empty Inkwell]x1 [item=Scroll Case]x1 [item=Infused Crystal]x4 [item=Silver Pocketwatch]x1 [item=Intact Clay Pot]x1 [item=Black Pawn]x3 [item=Mistral Glove]x2 [item=Broken Pottery Piece]x1 [item=Ragged Skirmisher Scrap]x2[item=Longgrass Stalk]x7[item=Berry and Nut Trail Bar]x1[item=Roving Seafarer's Armcuffs]x1 [item=Ebony Filigree Helmet]x1[item=Black Linen Wing Wraps]x1 [item=Aether Hermit]x1 [b]EXPLODED!!![/b] [s][b]In room:[/b][/s] [item=Shale]x99[item=Obsidian]x99[item=Salt]x42 [item=Broken Pottery Piece]x4 [item=Intact Parchment]x38 [item=Empty Inkwell]x4[item=Gypsum]x2[item=Chrome Laser Head]x1 [item=Battered Laser Coil]x2 [item=Berry and Nut Trail Bar]x2 [item=Black Pawn]x3 AND Lots of Glowing Bugs [b]DEFEATED!!..?[/b] [s][b]Demon Crystal and Friends:[/b][/s] [item=Star Moss]x4 IT'S A WIG~! [item=Infused Crystal]x1 CORE [item=Satin Mouse]x5 PERIPHERY [/center] ----- [center][size=2]Put yourself on [url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1d9rsTJ_46SR0HRcGEjUn72jl83bO9KwGNPOFNstuF58/edit?usp=sharing]this Pinglist[/url] to make sure you stay updated![/size][/center]

STATUS

Rank and Designation: Stepper Black
Last Known Location: Windswept Plateau; the Cloudsong
Last Recorded Report: N/A
spacing text WOO Hunger:
Thirst:
Mood:
Y 100%
100%
Peaceful

Inventory

treasure_pile.png = 4,930 gem_pile.png = 2
Weird Purple Skink x3 Waterskin x4 Aged Tome x2 Intact Parchment x3
Empty Inkwell x1 Scroll Case x1 Infused Crystal x4 Silver Pocketwatch x1
Intact Clay Pot x1 Black Pawn x3 Mistral Glove x2 Broken Pottery Piece x1
Ragged Skirmisher Scrap x2 Longgrass Stalk x7 Berry and Nut Trail Bar x1 Roving Seafarer's Armcuffs x1
Ebony Filigree Helmet x1 Black Linen Wing Wraps x1 Aether Hermit x1

EXPLODED!!!
In room:
Shale x99 Obsidian x99 Salt x42 Broken Pottery Piece x4
Intact Parchment x38 Empty Inkwell x4 Gypsum x2 Chrome Laser Head x1
Battered Laser Coil x2 Berry and Nut Trail Bar x2 Black Pawn x3

AND Lots of Glowing Bugs

DEFEATED!!..?
Demon Crystal and Friends:
Star Moss x4 IT'S A WIG~!
Infused Crystal x1 CORE
Satin Mouse x5 PERIPHERY

----- ----- ----- [center][size=7][color=green][b]"HOME" CAVE[/b][/color][/size][/center] ----- ----- ----- [columns][size=4]This hidden hole-in-the-rock that you've come to consider "home" is where the majority of your accumulated stuff is piled up. Clippity-clopping through the cave, in a never ending struggle to maintain some semblance of order, is Cody, your faithful Dunhoof friend; though, that really isn't her name, it's just what you call her because the name she gave you when you first met practically sounded Coatl from the amount of vowels in it, so you just call her Cody for short. Basically, when you throw stuff through your Pocket Portal, it ends up in here, and Cody takes care of it. Ain't she awesome?[/size][nextcol][color=transparent]sup[/color][nextcol][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/636.png[/img][/columns] ----- [center][size=5][color=#329932][b]Cave Piles[/b][/color][/size][/center] [center][b][Lots and lots of completely random stuff][/b] x[img]http://i.imgur.com/nyOlmNv.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/layout/treasure_pile.png[/img] = 128,361 [img]http://flightrising.com/images/layout/gem_pile.png[/img] = 26 [item=Primary Gene: Poison] x1 [skin=7319] x1 [item=Apatite]x35 [item=Sea Fae]x20 (== [item=Seaweed Scavenger]) [item=Gossamer Fillet][item=Gossamer Silk Veil][item=Gossamer Silk Scarf][item=Gossamer Silk Sash][item=Gossamer Arm Silks][item=Gossamer Leg Silks][item=Gossamer Wing Silks][item=Gossamer Tail Bangle] [item=Venom Rogue Belt][item=Venom Rogue Vest][item=Venom Rogue Bracers][item=Venom Rogue Cape][item=Venom Rogue Footpads][item=Venom Rogue Trousers][item=Venom Rogue Hood][item=Venom Rogue Mask][item=Venom Rogue Tail Binding][item=Venom Rogue Gloves][item=Venom Rogue Wing Guard] [item=Intact Parchment] x1 'Dragon Voucher' Your choice of one sibling of the [b]Battle For The Bay[/b] Mascots! Both Wind and Arcane representing! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18071874][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/180719/18071874.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18071873][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/180719/18071873.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18071884][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/180719/18071884.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18071882][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/180719/18071882.png[/img][/url] ----- [size=4][color=#329932][b]Prize Tier Six Break Total[/b][/color][/size] [b]292,082 / 300,000[/b] [s]Tier Five (250,000 / 250,000)[/s] [color=green][b]BROKEN[/b][/color] [s]Tier Four(200,000 / 200,000)[/s] [color=green][b]BROKEN[/b][/color] [s]Tier Three (150,000 / 150,000)[/s] [color=green][b]BROKEN[/b][/color] [s]Tier Two (100,000 / 100,000)[/s] [color=green][b]BROKEN[/b][/color] [s]Tier One (50,000 / 50,000)[/s] [color=green][b]BROKEN[/b][/color] ----- [center][size=2]Put yourself on [url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1d9rsTJ_46SR0HRcGEjUn72jl83bO9KwGNPOFNstuF58/edit?usp=sharing]this Pinglist[/url] to make sure you stay updated![/size][/center]

"HOME" CAVE

This hidden hole-in-the-rock that you've come to consider "home" is where the majority of your accumulated stuff is piled up. Clippity-clopping through the cave, in a never ending struggle to maintain some semblance of order, is Cody, your faithful Dunhoof friend; though, that really isn't her name, it's just what you call her because the name she gave you when you first met practically sounded Coatl from the amount of vowels in it, so you just call her Cody for short.

Basically, when you throw stuff through your Pocket Portal, it ends up in here, and Cody takes care of it. Ain't she awesome?
sup 636.png

Cave Piles

[Lots and lots of completely random stuff] xnyOlmNv.png

treasure_pile.png = 128,361 gem_pile.png = 26

Primary Gene: Poison x1

x1

Apatite x35 Sea Fae x20 (== Seaweed Scavenger )

Gossamer Fillet Gossamer Silk Veil Gossamer Silk Scarf Gossamer Silk Sash Gossamer Arm Silks Gossamer Leg Silks Gossamer Wing Silks Gossamer Tail Bangle

Venom Rogue Belt Venom Rogue Vest Venom Rogue Bracers Venom Rogue Cape Venom Rogue Footpads Venom Rogue Trousers Venom Rogue Hood Venom Rogue Mask Venom Rogue Tail Binding Venom Rogue Gloves Venom Rogue Wing Guard

Intact Parchment x1 'Dragon Voucher'
Your choice of one sibling of the Battle For The Bay Mascots!
Both Wind and Arcane representing!

18071874.png18071873.png18071884.png18071882.png

Prize Tier Six Break Total
292,082 / 300,000

Tier Five (250,000 / 250,000) BROKEN

Tier Four(200,000 / 200,000) BROKEN

Tier Three (150,000 / 150,000) BROKEN

Tier Two (100,000 / 100,000) BROKEN

Tier One (50,000 / 50,000) BROKEN

----- ----- ----- [center][size=7][color=green][b]How To Be A Whisper Skipper[/b][/color][/size][/center] ----- ----- ----- [center][size=5][color=#329932][b]So you want to be a Skipper, eh? Make sure you go over the procedures carefully then![/b][/color][/size][/center] [center]Welcome to the Wind Flight sponsored interactive game, [b]Whisper Skipper[/b]! This game is running in concert with the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1627604][b]Battle for the Bay Storyline[/b][/url] that is happening over the week of November 8th-14th, between the Wind and Arcane Flights! Seeing as how you've gotten this far down, you might just be interested in playing, so this post will outline everything you need to know in order to play along! [size=4]Whisper Skipper is a forum based, text adventure game.[/size] You, the 'player', are able to input commands that the 'main character', Ciaram, will then carry out to the best of his ability. I will post a reply to the given commands in a way that will build the story, and then other commands will build from there. Throughout the course of the given commands, a story will form that will coincide with the main storyline of the [b]Battle for the Bay[/b] Dominance fight. This game is officially opening one week prior to the actual Dominance fight, to allow for people to get used to the system, have a bit of pre-fun before we get story heavy, and to allow for me to work out some numbers. (Exact numbers for some things may change between November 1st-7th, but announcements will be made for anything big.) [size=4][b]If you happen to enjoy this game, you are encouraged to lend your support to the Wind Flight in it's endeavor to prevail, but you are not required to do so. ;D[/b][/size] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drw/1633900][img]http://i.imgur.com/FG9SffJ.png[/img][/url] [sub]Click the image to be directed to the Wind Public Buy![/sub] Also, just like any good game, there are [b]prizes[/b] at the end too! Read on to find out more![/center] ----- ----- [center][size=4][color=#329932][b]Simplified Backstory[/b][/color][/size][/center] [center]At the conclusion of [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1153111/1]last year's [b]Battle for the Bay[/b][/url], Ciaram, known in his Lair as [b]Stepper Black of the Airstep Ninjas[/b], was ordered to remain in the Starfall Isles to continue surveillance of Arcane goings on. After several months of dedicated back and forth reports, something seemed to go wrong with his connection method, and everything went radio silent. Thanks to the energy of the area having an adverse affect on his mind, Ciaram's perception of time and reality have been warped, and in his altered state, he managed to outright destroy his communicator, but he has kept pieces of the focus gem with him. He is worn down, mentally and physically, and really just wants to go home, but his dedication to his duty keeps him in the Starfall Isles until he receives further orders. That is were [b]YOU[/b] come in. What are you? You don't know. You are but a Whisper on the wind, floating by, that Ciaram may mistake as an attempt at communication from his [i][b]Skipper[/b][/i], the high-ups in the Airstep Ninjas who give the lower agents, the [i][b]Steppers[/b][/i], their orders. Are your Whispers coming from the gem pieces he carries, or are they just random sentiments carried by the wind? Who knows! But therein lies the game! Whatever your Whisper commands, Ciaram will do his utmost to follow. No matter how silly or strange. He is just a Stepper, after all, not privy to the long plans of the Skippers. He won't question his orders. Too vocally. Probably.[/center] ----- ----- [center][size=4][color=#329932][b]How To Whisper[/b][/color][/size][/center] In order to send a Whisper, some demands must be met. The wind doesn't work for free, you know! (This also comes into play for the conclusion of this game, so please don't let this scare you off right away!) There are [b]THREE[/b] kinds of Whispers you as a player can send to Ciaram, and each has it's own associated cost. Costs are dependent upon actual currency amount (for Treasure), a ratio of 1:680 (for Gems) or on current lowest AH prices (for items). [LIST=1] [*] For a cost of [b]MORE THAN 500, BUT LESS THAN 5,000 Treasure[/b], you may send a simple, one sentence command, and can make general use of anything in the inventory or that Ciaram is wearing. [*] For a cost of [b]BETWEEN 5,000 and 10,000 Treasure[/b], you may send a two sentence command, and can make specific use of anything in the inventory or that Ciaram is wearing, or can make specific use of ONE Flight Rising item (food, apparel, materials, made-items, etc.) out in the environment around Ciaram, to use or find. [*] For a cost of [b]OVER 10,000 Treasure[/b], you may send a long command, up to a paragraph (usually around five sentences), and can make specific use of anything in the inventory or that Ciaram is wearing, or can make specific use of SEVERAL Flight Rising items (food, apparel, materials, made-items, etc.) out in the environment around Ciaram, to use or find.[i] Lets define several as up to ten for now.[/i] [/LIST] [center]These costs are to be sent directly to me, @Dragonpuff.[/center] [b]Ciaram has access to anything listed in his inventory, and anything he is wearing.[/b] It is possible to CREATE NEW ITEMS, that do not exist in Flight Rising canon, by getting creative with the things Ciaram has access too. Don't be afraid to experiment! [b]In order to make your command, you MUST ping me in your post, and the command itself NEEDS be preceded by this input: [size=4]~~>[/size] So, a couple example commands could be:[/b] ~~> Go Gathering to look for food. ~~> Shred the Glorious Sweater. Use the colourful fibers to make a rainbow beard to wear. ~~> Put on the Night Sky Silks set. Proceed to dance as seductively as possible to try and distract the guards to the vault. When you get close enough, either give one of them a smooch, to try and make the other jealous, or just use your mad kung-fu skills to knock them out. Take the keys and break into the vault to steal all the loots. [center][i]But why does there have to be a cost to play? Well, my friends...[/i][/center] ----- ----- [center][size=4][color=#329932][b]Prizes[/b][/color][/size][/center] [center]At the end of this game, set to coincide with the end of the Dominance battle on November 14th, there will be a draw to give out sets of prizes to several lucky participants! Woot woot, that's awesome! But what are these amazing prizes that are going to be given out? [b]Well, actually, that all depends on you too.[/b] You see, those costs that are associated with sending a Whisper? The value of everything that is sacrificed to the wind in order to send Ciaram a Whisper will be funneled through that special Pocket Portal in his satchel, and will appear in the Cave Piles listed in the Home Cave post. Cody will dutifully look after everything that appears in her care, but little does she know that she's not actually getting everything being sent though. The wind does want it's fair share, after all! [size=4][b]The main prize for playing this game is going to be a 50/50 draw for all of the costs that are sent in to pay for the Whispers.[/b][/size] Half the the currency and items (as defined by their AH value) will be sent to the winner of the draw at the end of the game, while the OTHER half will be sent into the Wind Flight, to help fund our Dominance effort throughout the week. Amount of entries into this draw will also depend on what cost of Whisper you send.[/center] [LIST=1] [*] For a [b]MORE THAN 500, BUT LESS THAN 5,000 Treasure[/b] Whisper, you gain ONE entry. [*] For a [b]BETWEEN 5,000 and 10,000 Treasure[/b] Whisper, you gain THREE entries. [*] For an [b]OVER 10,000 Treasure[/b] Whisper, you gain SIX entries [/LIST] [center]You can also gain FIVE bonus entries into the final prize drawing by including this small ad in your signature over the course of the two weeks the game is being played! Sweet deal! [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/1626647][img]http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae226/ddragonpuff/Flight%20Rising/Whisper%20Skipper/WhisperSkipperSIG_zpsicy9gwc7.gif[/img][/url] [code][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/1626647][img]http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae226/ddragonpuff/Flight%20Rising/Whisper%20Skipper/WhisperSkipperSIG_zpsicy9gwc7.gif[/img][/url][/code][/center] [center][size=4][b]But wait, there's more![/b][/size] While it might be tempting to just pay for a bunch of cheap Whispers to rack up those entries, there is another factor in play, to give incentive for those higher cost Whispers! [size=4][color=#329932][b]For every 50,000 total raised through this game, a NEW prize tier will be unlocked![/b][/color][/size] [size=4][b]Even better, these prizes will depend on you as well![/b][/size] Once the threshold for breaking into a new tier is passed, I will send out a mass ping to all participants up until that point. After that ping, players are open to [b]SUGGEST[/b] what the prize for that tier will be. You can suggest almost anything on Flight Rising as a prize! There are only a few restrictions:[/center] [LIST] [*] Cannot be a Retired Item. [*] Cannot be a Super Rare Gathering or Coli item (ex. Hippojay, Copper Filigree Boots), [b]unless[/b] I give the okay for it in the notification ping. [*] In general, try to keep the value under 400,000 Treasure, to give you a range to work with. [*] Item sets can be suggested, but they must be the same set (ex. Venomscale Armour set), and the total value of the set must be under the 400,000 Treasure limit. [*] If the item is a Swipp Swap or Baldwin Item, and I cannot obtain the item itself by the end of the game, the winner will receive all the materials to be able to craft or swap for it themselves later. [/LIST] [center]After the ping, out of the [b]FIRST FIVE[/b] people that respond, I will try my best to obtain one of those five suggestions, and that item will be added as a separate prize drawing at the end of the game, using the same prize entry pool at the main prize drawing. With regards to winning prizes, one person cannot win two of the unlocked prizes, but one person can win the 50/50 AND one unlocked prize. [/center] [center][size=4][url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12oPSKG4WLhbzdS52PxwWRMEVQYBo0v1f8y1kU9U4UDA/edit?usp=sharing][b]Link to the Entry Amount Spreadsheet![/b][/url][/size][/center] ----- [center][size=2]Put yourself on [url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1d9rsTJ_46SR0HRcGEjUn72jl83bO9KwGNPOFNstuF58/edit?usp=sharing]this Pinglist[/url] to make sure you stay updated![/size][/center]

How To Be A Whisper Skipper

So you want to be a Skipper, eh? Make sure you go over the procedures carefully then!

Welcome to the Wind Flight sponsored interactive game, Whisper Skipper! This game is running in concert with the Battle for the Bay Storyline that is happening over the week of November 8th-14th, between the Wind and Arcane Flights! Seeing as how you've gotten this far down, you might just be interested in playing, so this post will outline everything you need to know in order to play along!

Whisper Skipper is a forum based, text adventure game.

You, the 'player', are able to input commands that the 'main character', Ciaram, will then carry out to the best of his ability. I will post a reply to the given commands in a way that will build the story, and then other commands will build from there. Throughout the course of the given commands, a story will form that will coincide with the main storyline of the Battle for the Bay Dominance fight.

This game is officially opening one week prior to the actual Dominance fight, to allow for people to get used to the system, have a bit of pre-fun before we get story heavy, and to allow for me to work out some numbers. (Exact numbers for some things may change between November 1st-7th, but announcements will be made for anything big.)

If you happen to enjoy this game, you are encouraged to lend your support to the Wind Flight in it's endeavor to prevail, but you are not required to do so. ;D

FG9SffJ.png
Click the image to be directed to the Wind Public Buy!

Also, just like any good game, there are prizes at the end too!
Read on to find out more!

Simplified Backstory

At the conclusion of last year's Battle for the Bay, Ciaram, known in his Lair as Stepper Black of the Airstep Ninjas, was ordered to remain in the Starfall Isles to continue surveillance of Arcane goings on. After several months of dedicated back and forth reports, something seemed to go wrong with his connection method, and everything went radio silent.

Thanks to the energy of the area having an adverse affect on his mind, Ciaram's perception of time and reality have been warped, and in his altered state, he managed to outright destroy his communicator, but he has kept pieces of the focus gem with him. He is worn down, mentally and physically, and really just wants to go home, but his dedication to his duty keeps him in the Starfall Isles until he receives further orders.

That is were YOU come in.

What are you? You don't know. You are but a Whisper on the wind, floating by, that Ciaram may mistake as an attempt at communication from his Skipper, the high-ups in the Airstep Ninjas who give the lower agents, the Steppers, their orders. Are your Whispers coming from the gem pieces he carries, or are they just random sentiments carried by the wind? Who knows! But therein lies the game!

Whatever your Whisper commands, Ciaram will do his utmost to follow. No matter how silly or strange. He is just a Stepper, after all, not privy to the long plans of the Skippers. He won't question his orders. Too vocally. Probably.

How To Whisper

In order to send a Whisper, some demands must be met. The wind doesn't work for free, you know! (This also comes into play for the conclusion of this game, so please don't let this scare you off right away!)

There are THREE kinds of Whispers you as a player can send to Ciaram, and each has it's own associated cost. Costs are dependent upon actual currency amount (for Treasure), a ratio of 1:680 (for Gems) or on current lowest AH prices (for items).

1. For a cost of MORE THAN 500, BUT LESS THAN 5,000 Treasure, you may send a simple, one sentence command, and can make general use of anything in the inventory or that Ciaram is wearing.

2. For a cost of BETWEEN 5,000 and 10,000 Treasure, you may send a two sentence command, and can make specific use of anything in the inventory or that Ciaram is wearing, or can make specific use of ONE Flight Rising item (food, apparel, materials, made-items, etc.) out in the environment around Ciaram, to use or find.

3. For a cost of OVER 10,000 Treasure, you may send a long command, up to a paragraph (usually around five sentences), and can make specific use of anything in the inventory or that Ciaram is wearing, or can make specific use of SEVERAL Flight Rising items (food, apparel, materials, made-items, etc.) out in the environment around Ciaram, to use or find. Lets define several as up to ten for now.

These costs are to be sent directly to me, @Dragonpuff.

Ciaram has access to anything listed in his inventory, and anything he is wearing. It is possible to CREATE NEW ITEMS, that do not exist in Flight Rising canon, by getting creative with the things Ciaram has access too. Don't be afraid to experiment!

In order to make your command, you MUST ping me in your post, and the command itself NEEDS be preceded by this input: ~~>

So, a couple example commands could be:

~~> Go Gathering to look for food.

~~> Shred the Glorious Sweater. Use the colourful fibers to make a rainbow beard to wear.

~~> Put on the Night Sky Silks set. Proceed to dance as seductively as possible to try and distract the guards to the vault. When you get close enough, either give one of them a smooch, to try and make the other jealous, or just use your mad kung-fu skills to knock them out. Take the keys and break into the vault to steal all the loots.

But why does there have to be a cost to play? Well, my friends...

Prizes

At the end of this game, set to coincide with the end of the Dominance battle on November 14th, there will be a draw to give out sets of prizes to several lucky participants! Woot woot, that's awesome! But what are these amazing prizes that are going to be given out?

Well, actually, that all depends on you too.

You see, those costs that are associated with sending a Whisper? The value of everything that is sacrificed to the wind in order to send Ciaram a Whisper will be funneled through that special Pocket Portal in his satchel, and will appear in the Cave Piles listed in the Home Cave post. Cody will dutifully look after everything that appears in her care, but little does she know that she's not actually getting everything being sent though. The wind does want it's fair share, after all!

The main prize for playing this game is going to be a 50/50 draw for all of the costs that are sent in to pay for the Whispers.

Half the the currency and items (as defined by their AH value) will be sent to the winner of the draw at the end of the game, while the OTHER half will be sent into the Wind Flight, to help fund our Dominance effort throughout the week.

Amount of entries into this draw will also depend on what cost of Whisper you send.

1. For a MORE THAN 500, BUT LESS THAN 5,000 Treasure Whisper, you gain ONE entry.

2. For a BETWEEN 5,000 and 10,000 Treasure Whisper, you gain THREE entries.

3. For an OVER 10,000 Treasure Whisper, you gain SIX entries

You can also gain FIVE bonus entries into the final prize drawing by including this small ad in your signature over the course of the two weeks the game is being played! Sweet deal!

WhisperSkipperSIG_zpsicy9gwc7.gif
Code:
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/1626647][img]http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae226/ddragonpuff/Flight%20Rising/Whisper%20Skipper/WhisperSkipperSIG_zpsicy9gwc7.gif[/img][/url]

But wait, there's more!

While it might be tempting to just pay for a bunch of cheap Whispers to rack up those entries, there is another factor in play, to give incentive for those higher cost Whispers!

For every 50,000 total raised through this game, a NEW prize tier will be unlocked!

Even better, these prizes will depend on you as well!

Once the threshold for breaking into a new tier is passed, I will send out a mass ping to all participants up until that point. After that ping, players are open to SUGGEST what the prize for that tier will be. You can suggest almost anything on Flight Rising as a prize! There are only a few restrictions:

• Cannot be a Retired Item.

• Cannot be a Super Rare Gathering or Coli item (ex. Hippojay, Copper Filigree Boots), unless I give the okay for it in the notification ping.

• In general, try to keep the value under 400,000 Treasure, to give you a range to work with.

• Item sets can be suggested, but they must be the same set (ex. Venomscale Armour set), and the total value of the set must be under the 400,000 Treasure limit.

• If the item is a Swipp Swap or Baldwin Item, and I cannot obtain the item itself by the end of the game, the winner will receive all the materials to be able to craft or swap for it themselves later.

After the ping, out of the FIRST FIVE people that respond, I will try my best to obtain one of those five suggestions, and that item will be added as a separate prize drawing at the end of the game, using the same prize entry pool at the main prize drawing.

With regards to winning prizes, one person cannot win two of the unlocked prizes, but one person can win the 50/50 AND one unlocked prize.

----- ----- ----- [center][size=7][color=green][b]Last Couple Things[/b][/color][/size][/center] ----- ----- ----- [center][size=4][color=#329932][b]You should be good to go now![/b][/color][/size] But if you do have any other questions do not hesitate to ask! [b]Just some last few things to point out![/b][/center] [center]Whisper Skipper is not the only event being held to celebrate this Dominance battle! Check out the Main Hub for more interesting things you can do over the week! [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1627447][img]http://i.imgur.com/vJ7Hsvb.png[/img][/url] [sub]Click the image to be directed to the Events Main Hub![/sub][/center] [LIST] [*] [b]REMEMBER![/b] In order to make your command, you must both ping me and it needs to be preceded by this input: [b]~~>[/b] Any posts not preceded by the input are considered to be Out Of Character posts, where people can talk, plan, or ask questions. [*] It is okay if multiple commands queue up before I can answer; Ciaram will just respond to all new commands in the order they are given, when I am next able to get online. [*] Don't post consecutive Whispers yourself, unless 5 hours have gone by without a new post. Responses from me/Ciaram also reset the timer, so you can Whisper again once he has followed through with the previous Whisper(s). [*] Some numbers, like the amount of entries into the draw each Whisper will give, how often you can post, and the Prize Tier break, may change between November 1st-7th. This first week is being used to gauge activity and interest, so these preliminary numbers may need to be altered. A ping will be sent out for any big changes. [*] Put yourself on the [url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1d9rsTJ_46SR0HRcGEjUn72jl83bO9KwGNPOFNstuF58/edit?usp=sharing]Pinglist[/url] so that you get all important notifications! [*] Consider Supporting Wind Flight in this Dominance battle! [s](Shameless plug)[/s] [*] HAVE FUN!! [/LIST]

Last Couple Things

You should be good to go now!

But if you do have any other questions do not hesitate to ask!

Just some last few things to point out!

Whisper Skipper is not the only event being held to celebrate this Dominance battle! Check out the Main Hub for more interesting things you can do over the week!

vJ7Hsvb.png
Click the image to be directed to the Events Main Hub!

• REMEMBER! In order to make your command, you must both ping me and it needs to be preceded by this input: ~~>

Any posts not preceded by the input are considered to be Out Of Character posts, where people can talk, plan, or ask questions.

• It is okay if multiple commands queue up before I can answer; Ciaram will just respond to all new commands in the order they are given, when I am next able to get online.

• Don't post consecutive Whispers yourself, unless 5 hours have gone by without a new post. Responses from me/Ciaram also reset the timer, so you can Whisper again once he has followed through with the previous Whisper(s).

• Some numbers, like the amount of entries into the draw each Whisper will give, how often you can post, and the Prize Tier break, may change between November 1st-7th. This first week is being used to gauge activity and interest, so these preliminary numbers may need to be altered. A ping will be sent out for any big changes.

• Put yourself on the Pinglist so that you get all important notifications!

• Consider Supporting Wind Flight in this Dominance battle! (Shameless plug)

• HAVE FUN!!
[quote=The Wind][center][b]GAME START[/b][/center][/quote] Standing at the mouth of the cave, Ciaram wonders what exactly he is doing with his life.
The Wind wrote:
GAME START

Standing at the mouth of the cave, Ciaram wonders what exactly he is doing with his life.
Deciding that he has wasted enough time standing around like a loon, Ciaram turns and trots down the ridge leading away from his cave. Despite all the gear he is wearing, he doesn't make a single sound as he darts along a well known path; the armour is made to deaden noise, and the dark colours match his own. He remembered being so ecstatic when he'd been gifted with the set, though his cool demeanor back then hadn't let him outwardly show it. It wasn't very often that Steppers were given such boons. He had to have made more then one Skipper very pleased to have been rewarded with it, he knew. In fact, he could probably even pinpoint which missions were the ones that got him noticed by his superiors, they were just that stellar of performances! He remembered one time, in the Shifting Expanse, when that Coatl had-- [indent]TRIP. [i]FLAIL.[/i] [b]THUMP.[/b][/indent] Ciaram found himself suddenly laid out flat on the ground. Blinking quizzically, he arched his neck and looked down at his foot, where his toe claw was caught in an iron ring sticking up out of the ground. Really? REALLY?? Really... Unhooking his claw, he heaved himself up and inspected the ring. It was attached to something mostly buried. Choosing to act, rather then spend even just one moment thinking of how foolish an image he'd just made, he quickly dug around the ring, soon enough revealing a Chest! [center][item=Iron Treasure Chest][/center] Forgetting his embarrassment, hissing to himself gleefully, he threw open the chest with barely a second thought. [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/V8m40zU.png[/img][/center] Nice find! This stuff might prove useful! Just like all the other stuff you've found over the months..... He barely even paused before he was shoving the stuff into the Pocket Portal. Cody would take care of it for him until he needed it. If he needed it. Yeah...
Deciding that he has wasted enough time standing around like a loon, Ciaram turns and trots down the ridge leading away from his cave. Despite all the gear he is wearing, he doesn't make a single sound as he darts along a well known path; the armour is made to deaden noise, and the dark colours match his own.

He remembered being so ecstatic when he'd been gifted with the set, though his cool demeanor back then hadn't let him outwardly show it. It wasn't very often that Steppers were given such boons. He had to have made more then one Skipper very pleased to have been rewarded with it, he knew. In fact, he could probably even pinpoint which missions were the ones that got him noticed by his superiors, they were just that stellar of performances! He remembered one time, in the Shifting Expanse, when that Coatl had--

TRIP.
FLAIL.
THUMP.

Ciaram found himself suddenly laid out flat on the ground. Blinking quizzically, he arched his neck and looked down at his foot, where his toe claw was caught in an iron ring sticking up out of the ground. Really? REALLY??

Really...

Unhooking his claw, he heaved himself up and inspected the ring. It was attached to something mostly buried. Choosing to act, rather then spend even just one moment thinking of how foolish an image he'd just made, he quickly dug around the ring, soon enough revealing a Chest!
Iron Treasure Chest

Forgetting his embarrassment, hissing to himself gleefully, he threw open the chest with barely a second thought.
V8m40zU.png

Nice find! This stuff might prove useful! Just like all the other stuff you've found over the months..... He barely even paused before he was shoving the stuff into the Pocket Portal. Cody would take care of it for him until he needed it. If he needed it. Yeah...
@dragonpuff

This is too cool! Ok

~~>Read notes in scroll case
@dragonpuff

This is too cool! Ok

~~>Read notes in scroll case
[quote=A whisper] [sup]@Deadprem[/sup] [b]~~> Read notes in scroll case[/b] [/quote] As he was stuffing his new loot into his satchel, the jostling caused the scroll case to slip out of the bag. Ciaram's quick reflexes allowed him to catch it before it clattered to the ground, which could have potentially given his position away, if anyone had been around to hear it. You never could know in this place, so many rocks and floating stuff to hide behind after all. He knew. Since he did that a lot himself. So sneaky. A light breeze rippled by, and something tickled at his nose before he was suddenly overcome with the need to check over his precious reports. Must read them! Right now! GO GO GO! Ploping himself down beside the now empty chest, Ciaram flicked open the catches and pulled out his sheaves of parchment. All of his observations over the past few months were recorded on these bits of scavenged parchment, written and categorized in a special code that the Ninjas used when they were forced to write things down. He started to scan through them quickly, checking to make sure they were all accounted for. Weird meteor objects, check. Magical pink residue contaminating water sources, check. Rumours of missing and/or kidnapped familiars, check. All the maps of notable areas he'd come across were present and accounted for too, from the giant whisp crater to the "super secret" experiment site that a specific group of pink eyes was using to test some potentially disastrous new spells of their own making. Hey look at that, there was even-- NOPE. WHY WAS THAT IN HERE?! THAT SHOULD NOT BE IN HERE. Quickly, Ciaram yanked a piece of slightly crumpled and smudged parchment out from the rest, horrified that it had gotten mixed in with his reports. It was THAT note. The page that he'd randomly started scribbling on the night after he and Cody had drunk that barrel of strange, fizzy juice he'd found that earlier that day. It had made them both feel really loose and relaxed and silly, and they had started to talk about things, so many things. Things that should not be talked about, EVER. Like certain [i]feelings[/i] for a certain Dragon back home. And Cody had thought it would be a great idea to write a letter about those feelings, and for whatever reason, HE had thought it was a great idea too, so he'd actually DONE it, and now... Now, here it was, innocently sitting in his claws. WHAT WAS HE GOING TO DO?!
A whisper wrote:
@Deadprem
~~> Read notes in scroll case

As he was stuffing his new loot into his satchel, the jostling caused the scroll case to slip out of the bag. Ciaram's quick reflexes allowed him to catch it before it clattered to the ground, which could have potentially given his position away, if anyone had been around to hear it. You never could know in this place, so many rocks and floating stuff to hide behind after all. He knew. Since he did that a lot himself. So sneaky.

A light breeze rippled by, and something tickled at his nose before he was suddenly overcome with the need to check over his precious reports. Must read them! Right now! GO GO GO!

Ploping himself down beside the now empty chest, Ciaram flicked open the catches and pulled out his sheaves of parchment. All of his observations over the past few months were recorded on these bits of scavenged parchment, written and categorized in a special code that the Ninjas used when they were forced to write things down.

He started to scan through them quickly, checking to make sure they were all accounted for. Weird meteor objects, check. Magical pink residue contaminating water sources, check. Rumours of missing and/or kidnapped familiars, check. All the maps of notable areas he'd come across were present and accounted for too, from the giant whisp crater to the "super secret" experiment site that a specific group of pink eyes was using to test some potentially disastrous new spells of their own making. Hey look at that, there was even--

NOPE. WHY WAS THAT IN HERE?! THAT SHOULD NOT BE IN HERE.

Quickly, Ciaram yanked a piece of slightly crumpled and smudged parchment out from the rest, horrified that it had gotten mixed in with his reports. It was THAT note.

The page that he'd randomly started scribbling on the night after he and Cody had drunk that barrel of strange, fizzy juice he'd found that earlier that day. It had made them both feel really loose and relaxed and silly, and they had started to talk about things, so many things. Things that should not be talked about, EVER. Like certain feelings for a certain Dragon back home. And Cody had thought it would be a great idea to write a letter about those feelings, and for whatever reason, HE had thought it was a great idea too, so he'd actually DONE it, and now...

Now, here it was, innocently sitting in his claws. WHAT WAS HE GOING TO DO?!
@Dragonpuff
~~> Read it again to decide if it deserves to be ripped apart

(If it's No. 2 instead, I can always send more. X3)
@Dragonpuff
~~> Read it again to decide if it deserves to be ripped apart

(If it's No. 2 instead, I can always send more. X3)
OOso4C1.pngxxx they/them - fr+19 - carrd
quests | lore

not super active
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17