Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Whisper Skipper [Battle of the Bay Game]
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17
[quote=A whisper] [sup]@Aleise[/sup] [b]~~> Try to awaken her by telling bad puns.[/b] [/quote] Brilliant idea! [b]"...So, hey, listen. What do you call a Fly with no wings? [i]A Walk[/i]."[/b] Ciaram snickers quietly to himself as he slowly drips more water. The Mith seems mostly unaffected, though she does swallow some more. [b]"Okay okay, how about this one. What do you call a snail on a ship?"[/b] He pauses for dramatic effect this time.[b] "[i]A Snailor[/i]."[/b] He snickers again. OH, he is GOOD. He misses that the Mith's wings seem to flutter slightly against his arm. [b]"Okay, no, this one, it's gold, you'll love it. Why wouldn’t they let the butterfly into the dance?"[/b] A pause again, and he leans down closer to her head, to whisper right to her, [b]"Because it was a MOTHBALL."[/b] He actually reduces himself to jilted chuckling with that one. [b]"You know, c-cause you're a m-MOTH."[/b] He laughs a bit harder, before actually looking down at her face again to see that a light of consciousness has returned to her large eyes (because no eyelids, he DEFINITELY knows they don't have eyelids). And the look of her face reads as equal parts pained, confused, and frightened. She's not laughing?... Awww. You thought they were funny.... [quote=A weak whisper] [sup]@Mistwing608[/sup] [i]~~> Level up INT.[/i] [/quote] This Whisper dissolves on the wind before it can reach Ciaram's ears. Perhaps insufficient tribute was paid?
A whisper wrote:
@Aleise
~~> Try to awaken her by telling bad puns.

Brilliant idea!

"...So, hey, listen. What do you call a Fly with no wings? A Walk." Ciaram snickers quietly to himself as he slowly drips more water. The Mith seems mostly unaffected, though she does swallow some more.

"Okay okay, how about this one. What do you call a snail on a ship?" He pauses for dramatic effect this time. "A Snailor." He snickers again. OH, he is GOOD. He misses that the Mith's wings seem to flutter slightly against his arm.

"Okay, no, this one, it's gold, you'll love it. Why wouldn’t they let the butterfly into the dance?" A pause again, and he leans down closer to her head, to whisper right to her, "Because it was a MOTHBALL." He actually reduces himself to jilted chuckling with that one. "You know, c-cause you're a m-MOTH." He laughs a bit harder, before actually looking down at her face again to see that a light of consciousness has returned to her large eyes (because no eyelids, he DEFINITELY knows they don't have eyelids).

And the look of her face reads as equal parts pained, confused, and frightened. She's not laughing?... Awww. You thought they were funny....

A weak whisper wrote:
@Mistwing608
~~> Level up INT.

This Whisper dissolves on the wind before it can reach Ciaram's ears. Perhaps insufficient tribute was paid?
drpusig1_zpsjz7uct4m.pngwindright_zpsee23nxkw.png
@Dragonpuff
Retry command!
~~> Level up INT
@Dragonpuff
Retry command!
~~> Level up INT
A game I play while waiting
Pinging me? Don't forget the numbers!
[quote=A whisper] [sup]@Mistwing608[/sup] [b]~~> Level up INT[/b] [/quote] [indent][b]Whump[/b][/indent] Ow! That kinda hurt. The comet had just smacked into Ciaram's head, knocking him a little silly. Or maybe, a little less silly? Smarter even? In hindsight, he realized that that fly joke was probably in bad taste, what with how one of the Mith's wings looked to be in bad shape. He winced. [b]"Ah, maybe that first one wasn't as funny as I originally thought. My apologies, Lady Mith."[/b] In apology, he offered her more water. Cautiously, carefully, she reached up her little arms to hold the waterskin steadier as she drank more deeply, never letting her attention stray from Ciaram. Understandibly, she seems wary of what is going on. [b]As a general announcement![/b] I am heading out of the house for the evening, so I can still reply to commands via my phone, but the front pages won't be updated to reflect any new payments till I get back to a computer. Some of the lists are finicky and I don't want to risk messing something up and losing numbers somewhere. ;D
A whisper wrote:
@Mistwing608
~~> Level up INT

Whump

Ow! That kinda hurt.
The comet had just smacked into Ciaram's head, knocking him a little silly. Or maybe, a little less silly? Smarter even?

In hindsight, he realized that that fly joke was probably in bad taste, what with how one of the Mith's wings looked to be in bad shape. He winced.

"Ah, maybe that first one wasn't as funny as I originally thought. My apologies, Lady Mith."

In apology, he offered her more water. Cautiously, carefully, she reached up her little arms to hold the waterskin steadier as she drank more deeply, never letting her attention stray from Ciaram. Understandibly, she seems wary of what is going on.

As a general announcement!
I am heading out of the house for the evening, so I can still reply to commands via my phone, but the front pages won't be updated to reflect any new payments till I get back to a computer. Some of the lists are finicky and I don't want to risk messing something up and losing numbers somewhere. ;D
@Dragonpuff

~~> Attempt to communicate!
@Dragonpuff

kUL6lb9.png
[quote=A whisper] [sup]@Aleise[/sup] [b]~~> Attempt to communicate![/b] [/quote] [b]"So... This may be rather strange circumstances, but I mean you no harm, my friend. I was... Passing through and came upon this camp quite by accident. When I saw your plight, I thought you might be in need some assistance."[/b] Wow self. When did you get so eloquent? The Mith cocks her head to the side, in what you think is equivalent to a slightly confused blink-blink, but then after a moment she holds the empty waterskin up to Ciaram. Carefully, he takes it back, making a mental note to try and get it refilled later. She makes a series of strange trilling sounds, interspersed with a variety of clicking. Hmm, well that isn't going to work super well, is it? [b]"Okay, how about this. One click for yes, two for no. That way we can at least talk a little?"[/b] After a moment, she makes a single click. [b]"Excellent! Now, since this isn't something we can really figure out through yes and no's, and I hope you will forgive the presumption, but it would be nice to know you by a name. Do you like the sound of..."[/b]
A whisper wrote:
@Aleise

"So... This may be rather strange circumstances, but I mean you no harm, my friend. I was... Passing through and came upon this camp quite by accident. When I saw your plight, I thought you might be in need some assistance."

Wow self. When did you get so eloquent?

The Mith cocks her head to the side, in what you think is equivalent to a slightly confused blink-blink, but then after a moment she holds the empty waterskin up to Ciaram. Carefully, he takes it back, making a mental note to try and get it refilled later.

She makes a series of strange trilling sounds, interspersed with a variety of clicking. Hmm, well that isn't going to work super well, is it?

"Okay, how about this. One click for yes, two for no. That way we can at least talk a little?"

After a moment, she makes a single click.

"Excellent! Now, since this isn't something we can really figure out through yes and no's, and I hope you will forgive the presumption, but it would be nice to know you by a name. Do you like the sound of..."
@Dragonpuff

~~> Make an incomprehensible screeching sound for 10 seconds

(I'm sorry XD)
@Dragonpuff

(I'm sorry XD)
kUL6lb9.png
@Dragonpuff
~~> Make a series of ultra random noises that he can't even remember
@Dragonpuff
~~> Make a series of ultra random noises that he can't even remember
OOso4C1.pngxxx they/them - fr+19 - carrd
quests | lore

not super active
[quote=A whisper] [sup]@Aleise[/sup] [b]~~> Make an incomprehensible screeching sound for 10 seconds[/b][/quote] Ciaram makes a horrific screeching noise for 10 seconds. And then looks at the Mith expectantly, a grin on his face. The Mith, meanwhile, was.... Startled, to say the least. Her antennae are sticking straight up, and her little mouth is hanging open. [quote=A whisper] @WaterWolf600 [b]~~> Make a series of ultra random noises that he can't even remember.[/b][/quote] [b]"No? Okay, how about,"[/b] and THEN Ciaram does his very best imitation of Coatl speak. But where Coatl speak is actually kind of lyrical, his version of it is mostly random and definitely grating. The Mith looks even more flabbergasted then before if that is possible.
A whisper wrote:
@Aleise

Ciaram makes a horrific screeching noise for 10 seconds. And then looks at the Mith expectantly, a grin on his face.

The Mith, meanwhile, was.... Startled, to say the least. Her antennae are sticking straight up, and her little mouth is hanging open.

A whisper wrote:
@WaterWolf600
~~> Make a series of ultra random noises that he can't even remember.

"No? Okay, how about," and THEN Ciaram does his very best imitation of Coatl speak. But where Coatl speak is actually kind of lyrical, his version of it is mostly random and definitely grating.

The Mith looks even more flabbergasted then before if that is possible.
@Dragonpuff
(Sending after I post)
~~> Luna or Solar?
@Dragonpuff
(Sending after I post)
~~> Luna or Solar?
OOso4C1.pngxxx they/them - fr+19 - carrd
quests | lore

not super active
@Dragonpuff
~~> Take the Luna Mith back to your base. You'll need more supplies to treat its wounds than you have on hand, and maybe Cody could help it.
@Dragonpuff
~~> Take the Luna Mith back to your base. You'll need more supplies to treat its wounds than you have on hand, and maybe Cody could help it.
Na5WGHa.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17