Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Closed] Letters to Chickweed
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14
@SallyJane [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/479927/47992663p.png[/img][/center] [quote]Dear Qorret, You are certainly not being too forthright. I sent out my letter to beg for attention, and I’m perfectly happy to bore you with of my misfortunes. I landed myself in protective custody when I discovered that one of the largest clans in the Tempest Spire had been up to some… interesting activities. I listened to an idiot who told me to inform the authorities, and now the Clan has their minions hunting me down. The moral of the story is to never take and advice from an idealist. They ruin everything. Aside from that, I’m delighted to receive your letters. This is the first time I’ve ever heard of Clan Equus Caballus, and it sounds absolute fascinating. I’ve heard stories about of individuals who can change their shape at will, but this is the first time I’ve ever heard of an entire clan with this ability. How did this begin? Were you cursed, or is it simply a freak trick of nature? If I ever escape from my current predicament, I must come for a visit. I’d love to meet your hatchlings that recklessly transform, and speak to your seer who lost his inner eye. An entire clan transforming into horses! Absolute delightful. I must say, though, you’ve had your share of hardship. The Infection sounds as though it took a toll on your clan, but also that you’ve bounced back to participating in the arts. Your art of playwriting sounds lovely. As for your Arcanist dilemma… I suppose that a paper cutout just wouldn’t work. The Arcanist as a particularly unique face and structure, so perhaps you need a different sort of material to make him out of. Papier-mâché just won’t cut it. Hm… I’ve seen some wonderful things made from willow branches. With a little water, they become quite bendable, and you could weave together a very unique depiction of the Arcanist at a low cost. And then, you’d presumably paint it pink. He is very pink. Best of luck with your play! Sincerely, Chickweed, Clan Caraway [/quote] [quote]Dear Ultimatum, I’m afraid I’ve never been fond of dice. I do like card games, though. If I’m going to gamble, I prefer to choose which cards I lay down rather than throwing dice onto the table. But if you do have a story scroll available, I’d enjoy that very much. I’ve recently picked up a fascination with old myths and legends, the kind told to hatchlings as if they were true, but any sort of story will do. Sincerely, Chickweed, Clan Caraway [/quote] [quote]Dear Chookie, As a former schoolteacher, I’ve seen two things that improve spelling and grammar. The first is reading for pleasure. I could always pick out my students who read for fun from those who didn’t. Even though those students didn’t have any formal training, they were able to regurgitate the spelling and grammar they had read with decent accuracy. The second is a willingness to suffer. It comes from writing words over and over until they stick and your claws hurt from holding the pen for such a long time. I suggest that you ask for help from a another clanmate to put together spelling tests for practice. After that, it’s just you and your frustration, all alone, and learning to spell. Good luck! Sincerely, Chickweed, Clan Caraway [/quote] [quote]Dear Ebony, I’ve been fascinated with the gifts that you’ve sent me. The magic seems harmless enough, just making the paper double in size, but it’s nothing like I’ve seen before. The ink was especially useful. I’ve been watering down my ink for the past few weeks, trying to make it last as long as possible, and your gift has doubled my supply. Thank you. As for your request, there are very few written documents in my of slice of the Viridian Laberynth, but I have heard of some legends through word of mouth. The most common is the tale of a massive, horned beast that roams near the great Behemoth itself. The one that peaks my interest, however, is the legend surrounding the Dye Maker. According to a few dragons that I’ve come across, the Dye Maker lives somewhere deep in the jungle and offers favors to those who can find him and are wiling to pay his price. What his price was, though, the dragons didn’t tell me. I do know one dragon who claimed to have met him, though. My acquaintance said that he went into the Dye Maker’s hut with scales as blue as the summer sky, and left it as white as snow. I’m not sure if I believe this tale, but perhaps it might add some color to your library. Sincerely, Chickweed, Clan Caraway [/quote]
@SallyJane
47992663p.png
Quote:
Dear Qorret,

You are certainly not being too forthright. I sent out my letter to beg for attention, and I’m perfectly happy to bore you with of my misfortunes.

I landed myself in protective custody when I discovered that one of the largest clans in the Tempest Spire had been up to some… interesting activities. I listened to an idiot who told me to inform the authorities, and now the Clan has their minions hunting me down. The moral of the story is to never take and advice from an idealist. They ruin everything.

Aside from that, I’m delighted to receive your letters. This is the first time I’ve ever heard of Clan Equus Caballus, and it sounds absolute fascinating. I’ve heard stories about of individuals who can change their shape at will, but this is the first time I’ve ever heard of an entire clan with this ability.

How did this begin? Were you cursed, or is it simply a freak trick of nature?

If I ever escape from my current predicament, I must come for a visit. I’d love to meet your hatchlings that recklessly transform, and speak to your seer who lost his inner eye. An entire clan transforming into horses! Absolute delightful.

I must say, though, you’ve had your share of hardship. The Infection sounds as though it took a toll on your clan, but also that you’ve bounced back to participating in the arts.

Your art of playwriting sounds lovely. As for your Arcanist dilemma… I suppose that a paper cutout just wouldn’t work. The Arcanist as a particularly unique face and structure, so perhaps you need a different sort of material to make him out of. Papier-mâché just won’t cut it. Hm… I’ve seen some wonderful things made from willow branches. With a little water, they become quite bendable, and you could weave together a very unique depiction of the Arcanist at a low cost. And then, you’d presumably paint it pink. He is very pink.

Best of luck with your play!

Sincerely,
Chickweed, Clan Caraway

Quote:
Dear Ultimatum,

I’m afraid I’ve never been fond of dice. I do like card games, though. If I’m going to gamble, I prefer to choose which cards I lay down rather than throwing dice onto the table. But if you do have a story scroll available, I’d enjoy that very much. I’ve recently picked up a fascination with old myths and legends, the kind told to hatchlings as if they were true, but any sort of story will do.

Sincerely,
Chickweed, Clan Caraway

Quote:
Dear Chookie,

As a former schoolteacher, I’ve seen two things that improve spelling and grammar.

The first is reading for pleasure. I could always pick out my students who read for fun from those who didn’t. Even though those students didn’t have any formal training, they were able to regurgitate the spelling and grammar they had read with decent accuracy.

The second is a willingness to suffer. It comes from writing words over and over until they stick and your claws hurt from holding the pen for such a long time. I suggest that you ask for help from a another clanmate to put together spelling tests for practice. After that, it’s just you and your frustration, all alone, and learning to spell.

Good luck!

Sincerely,
Chickweed, Clan Caraway

Quote:
Dear Ebony,

I’ve been fascinated with the gifts that you’ve sent me. The magic seems harmless enough, just making the paper double in size, but it’s nothing like I’ve seen before.

The ink was especially useful. I’ve been watering down my ink for the past few weeks, trying to make it last as long as possible, and your gift has doubled my supply. Thank you.

As for your request, there are very few written documents in my of slice of the Viridian Laberynth, but I have heard of some legends through word of mouth. The most common is the tale of a massive, horned beast that roams near the great Behemoth itself.

The one that peaks my interest, however, is the legend surrounding the Dye Maker. According to a few dragons that I’ve come across, the Dye Maker lives somewhere deep in the jungle and offers favors to those who can find him and are wiling to pay his price.

What his price was, though, the dragons didn’t tell me. I do know one dragon who claimed to have met him, though. My acquaintance said that he went into the Dye Maker’s hut with scales as blue as the summer sky, and left it as white as snow.

I’m not sure if I believe this tale, but perhaps it might add some color to your library.

Sincerely,
Chickweed, Clan Caraway

7hN3sEu.png
@MettatonsLegs [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/479927/47992663p.png[/img][/center] [quote]Dear Dante, So, not only are you an Alien, but you are an alien with fire powers. An alien with fire powers with an intense backstory of betrayal and family intrigue. The universe is truly an amazing place. It sounds as though you have some excellent allies, as strained as the situation may be. You are allied not only with your brother’s daughter, but maybe even his ex-wife as well. This is practically a solid revenge already. However, if you ever do manage to blow him into oblivion, I’d love to hear about it. And just so you know, I’ve graduated from only listening to the more mellow songs on the tape you sent me to the louder, more percussive ones. I always thought that it was just mad noise, but as I’ve been listening, I’ve found that some of the rhythms are quite complex, and I’m warming up to the music itself. If you do have any more tapes, I’d love to explore this music a little more. (And no, the casset was not water damaged, thank the Windsinger.) On one last note, I have no idea what a human is, but I would absolutely love a picture of one. Are they another kind of alien? Sincerely, Chickweed, Clan Caraway P.S. I’m glad that you enjoyed the book I recommend. Most dragons have told me that they found it too heavy for their taste. [/quote]
@MettatonsLegs
47992663p.png
Quote:
Dear Dante,

So, not only are you an Alien, but you are an alien with fire powers. An alien with fire powers with an intense backstory of betrayal and family intrigue. The universe is truly an amazing place.

It sounds as though you have some excellent allies, as strained as the situation may be. You are allied not only with your brother’s daughter, but maybe even his ex-wife as well. This is practically a solid revenge already. However, if you ever do manage to blow him into oblivion, I’d love to hear about it.

And just so you know, I’ve graduated from only listening to the more mellow songs on the tape you sent me to the louder, more percussive ones. I always thought that it was just mad noise, but as I’ve been listening, I’ve found that some of the rhythms are quite complex, and I’m warming up to the music itself. If you do have any more tapes, I’d love to explore this music a little more. (And no, the casset was not water damaged, thank the Windsinger.)

On one last note, I have no idea what a human is, but I would absolutely love a picture of one. Are they another kind of alien?

Sincerely,
Chickweed, Clan Caraway

P.S. I’m glad that you enjoyed the book I recommend. Most dragons have told me that they found it too heavy for their taste.
7hN3sEu.png
@GlitchedFox [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/479927/47992663p.png[/img][/center] [quote]Dear Rewind, My goodness, your little Kopie has taken Nocturne mimicking to an entirely new level. What’s his goal, I wonder? And how would a hatching have that kind of power or inclination? That certainly is a mystery for the ages, and I’m glad that you have Blaster around to defend you. I wonder if I can entice another story out of you by sharing a mystery of my own. It sounds as though there are some very interesting things happening in the place that you claim is boring. One of the most interesting characters I’ve ever come across was a large, grinning bogsneak named Lushu. I thought he was unnerving at best, and he kept licking everything he could. Disgusted, I told him to keep his slimy tongue away from my books, and demanded to know why he kept drooling all over my property. In response, he fixed a wide grin on his face, and told me this story. As a younger dragon, he wanted something (though he didn’t say what), and went searching for it deep in the Viridian Laberynth. He heard that there was a dragon that the locals simple referred to as the Dye Maker. The Dye Maker, they said, could grant wishes. So, Lushu charged into the jungle where he became hopelessly lost. He wandered through the vines, snapping hopelessly at the birds that were always too quick for him to catch until he found himself stumbling into a weedy hut, weak and exhausted. Lushu refused to disclose the details about what happened next. He only said that he went into the hut with scales and blue as a robin’s egg and left with scales as white as snow. “Was it the Dye Maker?” I asked, unwillingly curious about his story. His grinned only widened. “What do you think?” “And did you get it? The thing that you asked for?” “No.” “Then… what was the point? Oh, stop it.” I snatched one of my books from him before he could put it into his mouth. “Oh, I got something.” “Which was?” “Magic spit.” He then started methodically running his tongue over each one of my pens in turn. I can’t say that I ever liked Lushu, but he did tell a good story. Sincerely, Chickweed, Clan Caraway. [/quote]
@GlitchedFox
47992663p.png
Quote:
Dear Rewind,

My goodness, your little Kopie has taken Nocturne mimicking to an entirely new level. What’s his goal, I wonder? And how would a hatching have that kind of power or inclination? That certainly is a mystery for the ages, and I’m glad that you have Blaster around to defend you.

I wonder if I can entice another story out of you by sharing a mystery of my own. It sounds as though there are some very interesting things happening in the place that you claim is boring.

One of the most interesting characters I’ve ever come across was a large, grinning bogsneak named Lushu. I thought he was unnerving at best, and he kept licking everything he could. Disgusted, I told him to keep his slimy tongue away from my books, and demanded to know why he kept drooling all over my property. In response, he fixed a wide grin on his face, and told me this story.

As a younger dragon, he wanted something (though he didn’t say what), and went searching for it deep in the Viridian Laberynth. He heard that there was a dragon that the locals simple referred to as the Dye Maker. The Dye Maker, they said, could grant wishes. So, Lushu charged into the jungle where he became hopelessly lost. He wandered through the vines, snapping hopelessly at the birds that were always too quick for him to catch until he found himself stumbling into a weedy hut, weak and exhausted.

Lushu refused to disclose the details about what happened next. He only said that he went into the hut with scales and blue as a robin’s egg and left with scales as white as snow.

“Was it the Dye Maker?” I asked, unwillingly curious about his story.

His grinned only widened. “What do you think?”

“And did you get it? The thing that you asked for?”

“No.”

“Then… what was the point? Oh, stop it.” I snatched one of my books from him before he could put it into his mouth.

“Oh, I got something.”

“Which was?”

“Magic spit.”

He then started methodically running his tongue over each one of my pens in turn.

I can’t say that I ever liked Lushu, but he did tell a good story.

Sincerely,
Chickweed, Clan Caraway.
7hN3sEu.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49379734] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/493798/49379734_350.png[/img] [/url] (The letter is in a messy handwriting almost to the point of being illegible) Dear Chickweed, Don’t know how I got your letter but alrighty then. So uhh... it’s strange to ask advice from someone I don’t even know, but I need help and I’m desperate for it. There’s this girl I like but she loves another y’know? What do I do, she’s nice but deep down she has to hate me. I know I’m annoying sometimes and others have pointed out that I’m a eyesore (and I hate you Wisteria I’m NOT either of those things! Right? RIGHT?!) Do you think this is true? If so is there anything I can do? From, Pathos, All the way from crystalspine reaches. (At the bottom there is a crude drawing of an imperial, with the label “just to give you a picture of the girl.”)

49379734_350.png

(The letter is in a messy handwriting almost to the point of being illegible)

Dear Chickweed,

Don’t know how I got your letter but alrighty then. So uhh... it’s strange to ask advice from someone I don’t even know, but I need help and I’m desperate for it. There’s this girl I like but she loves another y’know? What do I do, she’s nice but deep down she has to hate me. I know I’m annoying sometimes and others have pointed out that I’m a eyesore (and I hate you Wisteria I’m NOT either of those things! Right? RIGHT?!) Do you think this is true? If so is there anything I can do?

From, Pathos,
All the way from crystalspine reaches.

(At the bottom there is a crude drawing of an imperial, with the label “just to give you a picture of the girl.”)

50630636.png they /them
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46497317] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/464974/46497317_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [quote]Dear Chickweed, Hello! I do hope this letter arrives quickly, our messenger is not the most focused of our clan. I recently got your letter and am happy to try and help you get your mind off things. I suppose asking questions may be a way to help your boredom? I would like to know more about the person who wrote a letter to someone you don't even know. What goes on where you live? My clan hardly ever has anything too interesting happening. Although I suppose that's a given with how far away the Southern Icefields are from the rest of Sornieth. I hope you don't mind me asking, but I may need some advice. A few dragons of my clan have decided that my workspace is now theirs. I don't mind the company most of the time but when a dragon nearly three times my size comes barging in, it's impossible to focus! Don't even get me started on hatchlings. Any advice on what to do? Regards, Sea [/quote] (Sorry about the lack of lore in any of my dragons bios, I plan on writing it there soon. If it helps Sea is like the clan's historian, He writes down important events and if he gets the chance he'll write short stories)
Quote:
Dear Chickweed,
Hello! I do hope this letter arrives quickly, our messenger is not the most focused of our clan. I recently got your letter and am happy to try and help you get your mind off things.

I suppose asking questions may be a way to help your boredom? I would like to know more about the person who wrote a letter to someone you don't even know. What goes on where you live? My clan hardly ever has anything too interesting happening. Although I suppose that's a given with how far away the Southern Icefields are from the rest of Sornieth.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but I may need some advice. A few dragons of my clan have decided that my workspace is now theirs. I don't mind the company most of the time but when a dragon nearly three times my size comes barging in, it's impossible to focus! Don't even get me started on hatchlings.
Any advice on what to do?

Regards,
Sea

(Sorry about the lack of lore in any of my dragons bios, I plan on writing it there soon. If it helps Sea is like the clan's historian, He writes down important events and if he gets the chance he'll write short stories)

Taiga
He/Him
+3 FR Time
tumblr_inline_nhxsklEd7y1qcphlu.png jPdGQf9.gif PaI4dmB.png
This time there are two scrolls, one of which is in a scroll case, suggesting it has some value. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=336217&tab=dragon&did=43548711][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/435488/43548711p.png[/img][/url][/center] [quote=Qorret][size=6][font=PilGi][u]From[/u]: Qorret of Clan Equus Caballus, Focal Point [u]To[/u]: Chickweed of Clan Caraway, Fishpine Reef[/size][/font] [font=pilgi][size=5]Dear Caraway, [color=transparent]___[/color]I am delighted to hear from you so soon. I was quite surprised to find the letter at the collection stone outside the dens. Especially considering I forgot the whole return address… Oops. Do not fear that you will bore me, I quite enjoy a yarn. [color=transparent]___[/color]I must say, I wonder why that dragon couldn’t inform the authorities themselves. Perhaps they were trying to cause trouble for you on purpose? Might they have had a grudge on you, or someone they were working for did? If the story is true, though, I do wonder if those at Tempest Spire could have had something to do with the Infection. If they did, there are many grieving dragons who would like their address. [color=transparent]___[/color]I am always hesitant with strangers, and don’t tend to listen to stories told by strangers, even ones such as the one that landed you in protective custody. Although, I suppose, being a Skydancer, picking out trouble is a little easier. [color=transparent]___[/color]Being up here at Focal Point, there are many magical anomalies within the land that can cause the inhabitants to attain abilities rarely, if ever, experienced elsewhere. Not everyone in the clan has the aptitude, but most. Those who are not born under the Arcanist’s influence are generally the least proficient. [color=transparent]___[/color]I guess this is just the gift our clan has received from the land. (I feel that it is not directly from the Arcanist) I love the experience of being in another form - it makes me feel freer, somehow, if that makes sense. [color=transparent]___[/color]I am sure we would love to have you. Lys joined us as an orphan, as, unfortunately, the Infection took her parents. She is quite wilful and independant. Good and useful qualities, but [u]quite[/u] tiring at times. [color=transparent]___[/color]Apart from clans secluded as yours has been, I think we were least affected by the Infection. We have been one of the main clans taking in those in need - even all these moons later we still find dragons with nowhere and nothing to call their own. It is quite sad indeed. [color=transparent]__[/color]Ah! That might do it! A frame of willow branches covered with pink fabrics and animated and made a little more lifelike with magic [u]might[/u] just do the trick! Thank you very much. [color=transparent]___[/color]Unfortunately, Ultimatum was not able to write a letter, as he is off training young dragons in the finer arts of battle. Here is the scroll he sent you - a murder mystery, I believe. [right][size=5][font=pilgi]Regards, Qorret[/right][/quote] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=336217&tab=dragon&did=48458748][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/484588/48458748p.png[/img][/url][/center] [quote=Chookie][font=Nanum Pen Script][size=6]I lov reading, and I thenk my punctooashun and grammer is okay, but it i[s]z[/s]s the spilling that I cannet do. I wil trie wat yu hav suggested. Just the suffring sonds naste. Thenks verry muhch.[/quote] Unlike the last time, Ebony’s note is a little tattered and the parchment is not so fine. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=336217&tab=dragon&did=48458692][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/484587/48458692p.png[/img][/url][/center] [quote=Ebony] [font=Apple Chancery][size=4]Dear Caraway, [color=transparent]___[/color]I am glad you could make use of everything, especially the ink. I shall try to remember to send some more soon. [color=transparent]___[/color]Thank you for sharing this information! I shall make some notes as quick as I can. The Dye Maker rings a bell to something I have heard before. Unfortunately, at the time, I was too preoccupied to give it much thought. [color=transparent]___[/color]Alas, I haven’t much time to write, as I am at an army outpost (the places Ultimatum drags me! Good for story ideas, though). Ultimatum mentioned your liking for cards, and if there is one thing in abundance here, it is packs of cards. I have sent you two packs. I do apologise for the tattering and staining of them, but none of the packs are [u]new[/u]. [right][font=apple chancery][size=4]Take care, Ebony[/right] [left][font=apple chancery][size=4]P.S. Take care was a bit silly to say all things considered, wasn’t it?[/quote]
This time there are two scrolls, one of which is in a scroll case, suggesting it has some value.
43548711p.png
Qorret wrote:
To: Chickweed of Clan Caraway, Fishpine Reef

Dear Caraway,
___I am delighted to hear from you so soon. I was quite surprised to find the letter at the collection stone outside the dens. Especially considering I forgot the whole return address… Oops. Do not fear that you will bore me, I quite enjoy a yarn.
___I must say, I wonder why that dragon couldn’t inform the authorities themselves. Perhaps they were trying to cause trouble for you on purpose? Might they have had a grudge on you, or someone they were working for did? If the story is true, though, I do wonder if those at Tempest Spire could have had something to do with the Infection. If they did, there are many grieving dragons who would like their address.
___I am always hesitant with strangers, and don’t tend to listen to stories told by strangers, even ones such as the one that landed you in protective custody. Although, I suppose, being a Skydancer, picking out trouble is a little easier.
___Being up here at Focal Point, there are many magical anomalies within the land that can cause the inhabitants to attain abilities rarely, if ever, experienced elsewhere. Not everyone in the clan has the aptitude, but most. Those who are not born under the Arcanist’s influence are generally the least proficient.
___I guess this is just the gift our clan has received from the land. (I feel that it is not directly from the Arcanist) I love the experience of being in another form - it makes me feel freer, somehow, if that makes sense.
___I am sure we would love to have you. Lys joined us as an orphan, as, unfortunately, the Infection took her parents. She is quite wilful and independant. Good and useful qualities, but quite tiring at times.
___Apart from clans secluded as yours has been, I think we were least affected by the Infection. We have been one of the main clans taking in those in need - even all these moons later we still find dragons with nowhere and nothing to call their own. It is quite sad indeed.
__Ah! That might do it! A frame of willow branches covered with pink fabrics and animated and made a little more lifelike with magic might just do the trick! Thank you very much.
___Unfortunately, Ultimatum was not able to write a letter, as he is off training young dragons in the finer arts of battle. Here is the scroll he sent you - a murder mystery, I believe.
Regards,
Qorret
48458748p.png
Chookie wrote:
I lov reading, and I thenk my punctooashun and grammer is okay, but it izs the spilling that I cannet do. I wil trie wat yu hav suggested. Just the suffring sonds naste.
Thenks verry muhch.

Unlike the last time, Ebony’s note is a little tattered and the parchment is not so fine.
48458692p.png
Ebony wrote:
Dear Caraway,
___I am glad you could make use of everything, especially the ink. I shall try to remember to send some more soon.
___Thank you for sharing this information! I shall make some notes as quick as I can. The Dye Maker rings a bell to something I have heard before. Unfortunately, at the time, I was too preoccupied to give it much thought.
___Alas, I haven’t much time to write, as I am at an army outpost (the places Ultimatum drags me! Good for story ideas, though). Ultimatum mentioned your liking for cards, and if there is one thing in abundance here, it is packs of cards. I have sent you two packs. I do apologise for the tattering and staining of them, but none of the packs are new.
Take care,
Ebony
P.S. Take care was a bit silly to say all things considered, wasn’t it?
Please click on my babies!
FR time+17
Art-Shop-Button.jpg
Coatl-WC-Imp-Button.png
Wn6vGC1.png
Bb9XFYa.png
7A7cEAI.png
tNgQJvM.png
fDSaoY3.png
NN9NPXA.png
jccRWgS.png
40QQWBU.png
o4KdtaP.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38090310] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/380904/38090310_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Dear Chickweed, I saw your letter posted outside the main tent a few days ago. I'm sorry you don't like where you are, but your life sounds pretty exciting compared to mine. My dad is driving me crazy. I'm a very responsible young Tundra (with no more memory problems than average), and all I want to do is get out a little bit. I keep up on my studies and I stay out of trouble almost all the time. All i want to do is take a little vacation with my friends away from the clan from a little bit. But my dad (also a Tundra, with even a little more memory problems than I have) just worries about me all the time. How can I get him to trust me? Do you think it's even possible? Sincerely, Anna, a ruffled teenager
Dear Chickweed,

I saw your letter posted outside the main tent a few days ago. I'm sorry you don't like where you are, but your life sounds pretty exciting compared to mine.

My dad is driving me crazy. I'm a very responsible young Tundra (with no more memory problems than average), and all I want to do is get out a little bit. I keep up on my studies and I stay out of trouble almost all the time. All i want to do is take a little vacation with my friends away from the clan from a little bit.

But my dad (also a Tundra, with even a little more memory problems than I have) just worries about me all the time. How can I get him to trust me? Do you think it's even possible?

Sincerely,

Anna, a ruffled teenager
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
@TheShanar [The letter is back to normal but it has a picture attached with a staple. [i][url=https://66.media.tumblr.com/3d802af3904d3268548ababfcaf76366/tumblr_p83404ESmy1v3ng6oo1_1280.jpg]It looks like a copy of a magazine cover. It has the man described exactly like the last letter said. He holds a guitar shaped like a V.[/url][/i]. At the back of the picture, it is written, "This guy has one of the nicest manes, I swear. Not that I'm attracted to him though."] [quote=Dante Wrote:] Dear Chickweed, Aah yes, you're right. The universe is truly an amazing place. Just everything about it. About me having excellent allies, it's pretty great. Few weeks after our exile, we were desperate for money. We have some musical instruments and we are pretty good with them.So we went ahead and busked out for money. I played the double bass,my sister in law played the saxophone,my niece the trumpet and my now hubby and the general played the keyboard (substituted for piano). We made ourselves some bit of fame. Due to stuff happened at that time, we disbanded. Despite that, we did pretty great. Also, my revenge is coming, don't worry. He is coming soon and I hatched a plan for it. I love how you considered being allies with a horrible brother's family who are better off without him a solid revenge but my desires can't help imagining ways to ruin his life. I see that you are warming up to more aggressive types of music. You've got some development there. It's great when someone actually recognizes the complexity especially on the rhythm. I'll go ahead and send you some of the more aggressive ones and complex ones as well. Not all tapes are made by my bands but they are pretty good! On the subject of humans, they are aliens to your planet (or my planet) but however, they don't have much significant powers except for a few. They can be talented at stuff and they are resilient creatures on high stress environment. They have a society and the usual sentient creature stuff. Some dragons might mistaken them for a minor beastclan creature which I don't think so. Quite plain compared to dragons or some aliens. They came from the planet Terra. (or they called it Earth) (The magazine cover is from my manager's collection of magazines. I have to steal one of them so I could take a picture of it. She is apparently overprotective with magazines that feature that guy on the cover. I don't know why... I returned it back as fast as possible and carefully. Manager will be like a fireball to find out who steals it.) [right]Yours Truly, Dante of Rotting Skulls[/right][/quote] Attached: 5 tapes. All of them are well-labeled from band names to song names. All of them have the same number of songs as the previous tape. Tape one: Pyroia - Frozen Prison of The Fortress Tape two: All Lost Ones - Sacraments of Evil Tape three: Rotting Skulls - The Shade Risen Tape four: Rotting Skulls - Slaughtercult Tape five: Justice - Beyond the Universe
@TheShanar

[The letter is back to normal but it has a picture attached with a staple. It looks like a copy of a magazine cover. It has the man described exactly like the last letter said. He holds a guitar shaped like a V.. At the back of the picture, it is written, "This guy has one of the nicest manes, I swear. Not that I'm attracted to him though."]
Dante Wrote: wrote:
Dear Chickweed,

Aah yes, you're right. The universe is truly an amazing place. Just everything about it.

About me having excellent allies, it's pretty great. Few weeks after our exile, we were desperate for money. We have some musical instruments and we are pretty good with them.So we went ahead and busked out for money. I played the double bass,my sister in law played the saxophone,my niece the trumpet and my now hubby and the general played the keyboard (substituted for piano). We made ourselves some bit of fame. Due to stuff happened at that time, we disbanded. Despite that, we did pretty great.

Also, my revenge is coming, don't worry. He is coming soon and I hatched a plan for it. I love how you considered being allies with a horrible brother's family who are better off without him a solid revenge but my desires can't help imagining ways to ruin his life.

I see that you are warming up to more aggressive types of music. You've got some development there. It's great when someone actually recognizes the complexity especially on the rhythm. I'll go ahead and send you some of the more aggressive ones and complex ones as well. Not all tapes are made by my bands but they are pretty good!

On the subject of humans, they are aliens to your planet (or my planet) but however, they don't have much significant powers except for a few. They can be talented at stuff and they are resilient creatures on high stress environment. They have a society and the usual sentient creature stuff. Some dragons might mistaken them for a minor beastclan creature which I don't think so. Quite plain compared to dragons or some aliens. They came from the planet Terra. (or they called it Earth)

(The magazine cover is from my manager's collection of magazines. I have to steal one of them so I could take a picture of it. She is apparently overprotective with magazines that feature that guy on the cover. I don't know why... I returned it back as fast as possible and carefully. Manager will be like a fireball to find out who steals it.)
Yours Truly,
Dante of Rotting Skulls

Attached: 5 tapes. All of them are well-labeled from band names to song names. All of them have the same number of songs as the previous tape.

Tape one: Pyroia - Frozen Prison of The Fortress
Tape two: All Lost Ones - Sacraments of Evil
Tape three: Rotting Skulls - The Shade Risen
Tape four: Rotting Skulls - Slaughtercult
Tape five: Justice - Beyond the Universe
O2CQckQ.png8uFuUMu.png
You see a letter that has three different styles of handwriting, apparently, three dragons have been writing on one piece of paper, at once... huh. the first handwriting is small and neat. [i]Dear Mr. Caraway, My name is Tabra, I am a mage on my clan’s coliseum team. I work with two of my dear friends...[/i] this handwriting stops and is replaced by one that is large and blocky [b]Hey Caraway, I'm Veter, and I saw my buddy Tabra writing something, so I asked her what's up. She told me about finding your letter and I thought it would be fun to write to you as well, and since Tabs had a letter she's already writing, I figured I'd add my own bit to this thing. Pretty smart huh? I am the powerhouse of the team, if an enemy gets in my way, I just claw em till they stop. I really wanna learn Eliminate, but it's just so darn expensive. Anyways just the other day I was fighting this huge guy, ginormous I tell ya and...[/b] The handwriting changes once again to a rather nondescript, if authoritative style. Caraway, I am Argyos, the head of this clan, and I would like to inform you that we have some rather sensitive information within our clan, and as such I attempt to limit the flow of information out of our clan, and as such, it is unlikely you will receive any more correspondence from any of the dragons of this clan. I will allow Tabra to send this to inform you of the lack of letters henceforth. The handwriting changes back to the first style [i]My Apologies Mr. Caraway, I did not realize how rude my friends would be. Argyos, a Fae, used to be a Mirror, but was turned into a Fae by an Arcane dragon she had an... altercation with. She did, however, retain her strength and rather surly disposition. In fact, I think it made it worse as she resents being seen as small and weak, as Faes often are. And as for Veter, well she's just Veter, I always tell her if she doesn't calm own someday she is going to squash me flat. Anyhow, I must get going, but I am enclosing some pictures, please look carefully at them, as they may be the last thing I send, per Argyos's directions. Regards, Tabra[/i] Enclosed are three photos labeled with names. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43259392] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/432594/43259392_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]Argyos[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45316456] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/453165/45316456_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]Veter[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49241634] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/492417/49241634_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]Tabra[/i] You look closer at the picture of the blue and brown Fae and see scrawled in a corner: [i] Sorry about that! Don't worry, me and my friends might write again if we can sneak past Argyos![/i]
You see a letter that has three different styles of handwriting, apparently, three dragons have been writing on one piece of paper, at once... huh.

the first handwriting is small and neat.

Dear Mr. Caraway,
My name is Tabra, I am a mage on my clan’s coliseum team. I work with two of my dear friends...

this handwriting stops and is replaced by one that is large and blocky

Hey Caraway,
I'm Veter, and I saw my buddy Tabra writing something, so I asked her what's up. She told me about finding your letter and I thought it would be fun to write to you as well, and since Tabs had a letter she's already writing, I figured I'd add my own bit to this thing. Pretty smart huh? I am the powerhouse of the team, if an enemy gets in my way, I just claw em till they stop. I really wanna learn Eliminate, but it's just so darn expensive. Anyways just the other day I was fighting this huge guy, ginormous I tell ya and...

The handwriting changes once again to a rather nondescript, if authoritative style.

Caraway,
I am Argyos, the head of this clan, and I would like to inform you that we have some rather sensitive information within our clan, and as such I attempt to limit the flow of information out of our clan, and as such, it is unlikely you will receive any more correspondence from any of the dragons of this clan. I will allow Tabra to send this to inform you of the lack of letters henceforth.

The handwriting changes back to the first style

My Apologies Mr. Caraway, I did not realize how rude my friends would be. Argyos, a Fae, used to be a Mirror, but was turned into a Fae by an Arcane dragon she had an... altercation with. She did, however, retain her strength and rather surly disposition. In fact, I think it made it worse as she resents being seen as small and weak, as Faes often are. And as for Veter, well she's just Veter, I always tell her if she doesn't calm own someday she is going to squash me flat. Anyhow, I must get going, but I am enclosing some pictures, please look carefully at them, as they may be the last thing I send, per Argyos's directions.
Regards,
Tabra

Enclosed are three photos labeled with names.

43259392_350.png

Argyos

45316456_350.png

Veter

49241634_350.png

Tabra

You look closer at the picture of the blue and brown Fae and see scrawled in a corner:
Sorry about that! Don't worry, me and my friends might write again if we can sneak past Argyos!
Waystone2.giftihutbH.pngnk0fJDk.pngrnj5WRD.pngWaystone1.gif ZhWd0U3.png
[/center]
@TheShanar [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42196370] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/421964/42196370_350.png[/img] [/url] [quote] Dear Chickweed, I’ve been writing for newspapers across the Ashfall waste for nearly my entire life, a little less than a year ago I was sent to interview clans living near the border to the Shifting Exspanse.One of the clans I interviewed was simply so strange that it demanded that I stay and write more about it, from the peculiar social structure to the odd territory it feels as if there’s nothing you cannot talk about here.That aside, I’ve started living here permanently and have even started writing a paper for just this clan as well.With [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=239226&tab=dragon&did=23516155] few exceptions[url], I have been regarded as an outsider. Now this wouldn’t phase me as much if I my story was a strange one in this clan,but the majority of dragons were not born here.I’m not even [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=239226&tab=dragon&did=26410784] Only one[/url] who has come here for research purposes then stayed.It may just be a matter of time, but I’ve asked what few friends I have in this clan and they reported that dragons with similar origins experienced no similar hostility. I ask you two things.Why does my new clan seem to hate me, and how can I get them to be more accepting? Sincerely, Advena [/quote]
@TheShanar

42196370_350.png

Quote:
Dear Chickweed,

I’ve been writing for newspapers across the Ashfall waste for nearly my entire life, a little less than a year ago I was sent to interview clans living near the border to the
Shifting Exspanse.One of the clans I interviewed was simply so strange that it demanded that I stay and write more about it, from the peculiar social structure to the odd territory it feels as if there’s nothing you cannot talk about here.That aside, I’ve started living here permanently and have even started writing a paper for just this clan as well.With few exceptions, I have been regarded as an outsider.
Now this wouldn’t phase me as much if I my story was a strange one in this clan,but the majority of dragons were not born here.I’m not even
Only one who has come here for research purposes then stayed.It may just be a matter of time, but I’ve asked what few friends I have in this clan and they reported that dragons with similar origins experienced no similar hostility.
I ask you two things.Why does my new clan seem to hate me, and how can I get them to be more accepting?

Sincerely,

Advena
1086ef29feb805a7b493f37586de5f42a0c51429.jpghttps://flamecaller-terracotta-figurine.tumblr.com/
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14