Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | The Phthises [Subspecies!]
1 2
[center] Since I know some people have 'trigger' issues with blood. [b]: Blood Warning : Not too intense, but here just because I know some people are easily put off by blood. Really though, it's nothing bad. I promise.[/b] • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [size=7][font=Times New Roman][color=#232328][b]THE PHTHISES - THE WHITE PLAGUE[/b][/color][/font][/size] [size=4][font=Times New Roman][color=#232328] Singular: [i]phthi·sis \[/i] | Plural: [i]phthi·sez[/i] [img]http://orig09.deviantart.net/c624/f/2015/222/b/d/thephthisis_by_radioactivegrass-d954ixo.png[/img] [b]LORE[/b] The Phthises Dragons were once, a very long time ago, part of the wild and beautiful clan known across Sornieth as The Givers, or the N’antoak. These peaceful dragons bore wings and bellies that were pure and white, while their bodies were dotted with bright and beautiful colors. The society thrived on peaceful relations between the Clans around them, and built their community around altruistic practices. Unfortunately, even this ultra-altruistic community was not without the few who sought to benefit from the work; the few who grew greedy and ruthless as the years passed. In the early years of Creation, Naxohtil, who was the current leader of the N’antoak caught wind of a fearful prophecy. One that said greed and distrust was growing under the pureness of his kind. So he demanded that every year, the leader from him on down, was to cast out the corrupt. So upon the first Casting, he demanded that every leader who followed in his reign pray to the Skies that those who had fallen corrupt were exposed. With that being said, he cast a clawed hand out over his Clan and muttered his curse. Those who had betrayed his kind would not bare the purity of his lineage. They could not. And with that, there were screams. Those who had betrayed the N’antoak, the Giver’s Way, had their bright, colorful scales shorn from their bodies, leaving behind a dark, scaly body. Their pure wings flooded with the blood of their destruction and selfish ways. He then commanded that they leave the N’antoak lands and live out their lives in exile with the permanent reminder of their greed and violence. They were chased away. The few soon became the many, and those who bore the bloodied wings began to form their own community. They became The Phthises ; the White Plague. They were, for a long while, a solid Clan of their own, but quickly fell to shambles as they had given up on their supportive ways. They instead became wanderers, searching for new homes. This, of course, prooved to be an advantage over their Giver brothers and sisters. Soon, there was nothing but a whisper of these few dragons, and they quietly found homes in the lairs of other strong Clans. They do not forget though, and are always first to tell their children of their sufferings. [/center]

Since I know some people have 'trigger' issues with blood.

: Blood Warning :
Not too intense, but here just because I know some people are easily put off by blood.
Really though, it's nothing bad. I promise.

THE PHTHISES - THE WHITE PLAGUE
Singular: phthi·sis \ | Plural: phthi·sez

thephthisis_by_radioactivegrass-d954ixo.png

LORE
The Phthises Dragons were once, a very long time ago, part of the wild and beautiful clan known across Sornieth as The Givers, or the N’antoak. These peaceful dragons bore wings and bellies that were pure and white, while their bodies were dotted with bright and beautiful colors. The society thrived on peaceful relations between the Clans around them, and built their community around altruistic practices.

Unfortunately, even this ultra-altruistic community was not without the few who sought to benefit from the work; the few who grew greedy and ruthless as the years passed. In the early years of Creation, Naxohtil, who was the current leader of the N’antoak caught wind of a fearful prophecy. One that said greed and distrust was growing under the pureness of his kind. So he demanded that every year, the leader from him on down, was to cast out the corrupt. So upon the first Casting, he demanded that every leader who followed in his reign pray to the Skies that those who had fallen corrupt were exposed. With that being said, he cast a clawed hand out over his Clan and muttered his curse.

Those who had betrayed his kind would not bare the purity of his lineage. They could not.

And with that, there were screams. Those who had betrayed the N’antoak, the Giver’s Way, had their bright, colorful scales shorn from their bodies, leaving behind a dark, scaly body. Their pure wings flooded with the blood of their destruction and selfish ways. He then commanded that they leave the N’antoak lands and live out their lives in exile with the permanent reminder of their greed and violence.

They were chased away.

The few soon became the many, and those who bore the bloodied wings began to form their own community. They became The Phthises ; the White Plague. They were, for a long while, a solid Clan of their own, but quickly fell to shambles as they had given up on their supportive ways. They instead became wanderers, searching for new homes. This, of course, prooved to be an advantage over their Giver brothers and sisters. Soon, there was nothing but a whisper of these few dragons, and they quietly found homes in the lairs of other strong Clans.

They do not forget though, and are always first to tell their children of their sufferings.

tumblr_nn3dg4szQ01u2bprpo2_r1_540.png
[quote] [b][u]What Makes a Phthisis?[/u][/b] [left] [b]APPEARANCE INFORMATION[/b] [b]eye color[/b] - Due to the N'antoak being a very open and colorful community, all eye colors are welcome for the Phthisis. However, over the years, Ice and Plague have become the 'preferred' aesthetic. The Phthisis, though not as hygienically en pointe as their counterparts, are still quite fashionable. They love to match with their darker schemes. [b]Breeds[/b] - Any Breed is allowed! The Phthisis are not breed-specific, as their original community was made up of many different breeds. However, Ridgebacks, Guardians, and Imperials became the favored breeds due to their intimidating statures. [b]Primary Gene[/b] - Any primary aside from Crystal and Piebald. The more 'scale-like' the better. Ripple is a common one among the Phthisis. [b]Secondary Gene[/b] - Always Paint! [b]Tertiary Gene[/b] - Underbelly. No exceptions. Due to their ties with the N'antoak, their bellies remained stark to contrast their stained wings. [b]Primary Color[/b] - Mostly Obsidian, but Black and Midnight are acceptable as well. These dark colors are often thought to resemble charred remains of what their scales were before. [b]Secondary Color[/b] - Red-Range colors are what is required for Phthisis. [b]Tertiary Color[/b] - For the most part, Phthisis are white-bellied. However, it is, on a rare occasion, possible to find those with a more 'icy' underbelly. These Phthisis are often considered halflings though, and impure. [/left] [/quote]
Quote:
What Makes a Phthisis?

APPEARANCE INFORMATION
eye color - Due to the N'antoak being a very open and colorful community, all eye colors are welcome for the Phthisis. However, over the years, Ice and Plague have become the 'preferred' aesthetic. The Phthisis, though not as hygienically en pointe as their counterparts, are still quite fashionable. They love to match with their darker schemes.
Breeds - Any Breed is allowed! The Phthisis are not breed-specific, as their original community was made up of many different breeds. However, Ridgebacks, Guardians, and Imperials became the favored breeds due to their intimidating statures.
Primary Gene - Any primary aside from Crystal and Piebald. The more 'scale-like' the better. Ripple is a common one among the Phthisis.
Secondary Gene - Always Paint!
Tertiary Gene - Underbelly. No exceptions. Due to their ties with the N'antoak, their bellies remained stark to contrast their stained wings.
Primary Color - Mostly Obsidian, but Black and Midnight are acceptable as well. These dark colors are often thought to resemble charred remains of what their scales were before.
Secondary Color - Red-Range colors are what is required for Phthisis.
Tertiary Color - For the most part, Phthisis are white-bellied. However, it is, on a rare occasion, possible to find those with a more 'icy' underbelly. These Phthisis are often considered halflings though, and impure.
Quote:
Personalities in Other Lairs

PERSONALITY
For the most part, a Phthisis is just as greedy and sly as ever, even when taking up residency in other lairs. However, as with many dragons, they are dependable once befriended. To a certain point, that is. They are often found collecting trinkets out and about, or meticulously counting the Clan's treasure and valuables. While they know they are rather low on the chain of command in most lairs, they remain fairly loyal to themselves, and take little chances in preoccupying themselves with others unless it means drawing blood. They will generally come off as distant, rude, and bitter to those who they label as 'outsiders', but prove to be a strong unit when others are present. They care deeply for their kind, and will often baby their offspring well into its adult life.
Quote:
Personalities in Other Lairs

PERSONALITY
For the most part, a Phthisis is just as greedy and sly as ever, even when taking up residency in other lairs. However, as with many dragons, they are dependable once befriended. To a certain point, that is. They are often found collecting trinkets out and about, or meticulously counting the Clan's treasure and valuables. While they know they are rather low on the chain of command in most lairs, they remain fairly loyal to themselves, and take little chances in preoccupying themselves with others unless it means drawing blood. They will generally come off as distant, rude, and bitter to those who they label as 'outsiders', but prove to be a strong unit when others are present. They care deeply for their kind, and will often baby their offspring well into its adult life.
Quote:

How to Get a Phthisis

Currently, there isn't much to do other than snag one from the few I have or make your own. (Believe me, I've been hunting the proper color/gene combos for a while here). What I do ask though, is that when you do choose to create your own Phthisis, you let me know so I can add it to the list of existing dragons.

I will be holding raffles, auctions, and events for these babies as I get more of them. There will be plenty of ways to get a Phthisis!

For those of you who would be interested in breeding Phthises, please let me know. Only those who I have given the OK to will be allowed to sell Phthisis babies.
(It's not hard to get the OK guys. You just have to ask.)

So, recap.

Yes.
You can make your own Phthisis.
Just let me know when you do.

No.
You cannot claim the lore as your own and sell them based on what they are without permission.

Yes.
You are more than welcome to share banners around the site and help this 'species' grow!
Quote:

How to Get a Phthisis

Currently, there isn't much to do other than snag one from the few I have or make your own. (Believe me, I've been hunting the proper color/gene combos for a while here). What I do ask though, is that when you do choose to create your own Phthisis, you let me know so I can add it to the list of existing dragons.

I will be holding raffles, auctions, and events for these babies as I get more of them. There will be plenty of ways to get a Phthisis!

For those of you who would be interested in breeding Phthises, please let me know. Only those who I have given the OK to will be allowed to sell Phthisis babies.
(It's not hard to get the OK guys. You just have to ask.)

So, recap.

Yes.
You can make your own Phthisis.
Just let me know when you do.

No.
You cannot claim the lore as your own and sell them based on what they are without permission.

Yes.
You are more than welcome to share banners around the site and help this 'species' grow!
RESOURCES

Known Phthises and Their Lairs

• Aeritah •
Hestia
Dave
Vladmir
Erie
Knight
RESOURCES

Known Phthises and Their Lairs

• Aeritah •
Hestia
Dave
Vladmir
Erie
Knight
[center] [size=7][font=Times New Roman][color=#232328] Banners! [/color][/font][/size] [img]http://orig02.deviantart.net/4343/f/2015/222/a/c/imaphthisis_by_radioactivegrass-d954l6w.png[/img] [img]http://orig00.deviantart.net/fc24/f/2015/222/9/6/iamphthisistiny_by_radioactivegrass-d9553xq.png[/img] ... more on the way! [/center]
Banners!
imaphthisis_by_radioactivegrass-d954l6w.png
iamphthisistiny_by_radioactivegrass-d9553xq.png
... more on the way!

Odds and Ends

Odds and Ends
PINGLIST

@Evaria
PINGLIST

@Evaria