Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Compendium [Open Project]
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14
[font=times new roman][size=6][i]Shimmer Flame Tree[/size] By Sciencemonkey[/i] [columns][item=pine branch] [item=speckled fire lily] [item=dreameater tusk] [nextcol][item=ashen lightning glass] [item=infused crystal] [item=amber][nextcol][font=times new roman][b]Information[/b] These trees create enough heat to melt most metals. Cutting bark off of this tree is useful for powering forges, and can even melt tungsten with ease.[/columns] [font=times new roman]Take the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/7#post_37982715]DNA Modifier[/url] and combine the pine branch with the speckled fire lily, and then plant in a garden marked out with the dreameater tusks, amber, infused crystals and ashen lightning glass, and with soil made of ashes. Tree will slowly become crystal clear, with a glowing core, and the amber, dreameater tusks, infused crystals, and ashen lightning glass will disappear. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1#post_2601819]Back to the Index[/url]
Shimmer Flame Tree
By Sciencemonkey
Pine Branch
Speckled Fire Lily
Dreameater Tusk
Ashen Lightning Glass
Infused Crystal
Amber
Information
These trees create enough heat to melt most metals. Cutting bark off of this tree is useful for powering forges, and can even melt tungsten with ease.
Take the DNA Modifier and combine the pine branch with the speckled fire lily, and then plant in a garden marked out with the dreameater tusks, amber, infused crystals and ashen lightning glass, and with soil made of ashes. Tree will slowly become crystal clear, with a glowing core, and the amber, dreameater tusks, infused crystals, and ashen lightning glass will disappear.
Back to the Index
Lore Clan, FR+2, She/her
Science.png
You can just barely make out the title of this next entry... [font=times new roman][size=6][i]100 Ghost Stories[/size] By Nettletea[/i] [columns][item=tallow candle] [item=unearthly onyx grasp] [nextcol][item=mirror] [item=tales of terror] [nextcol][font=times new roman][b]Information[/b] This entry in the compendium has been crossed out several times, and someone has written a warning: DO NOT ATTEMPT. We are not joking, under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should you do this. The page is also stained with blood. [/columns] [font=times new roman]You can only make out bits and pieces of the procedure: ...One hundered candles... Each participant takes turns telling... ...blow out a candle... ...mirror... [i]tHeY ARe C Om Ing ![/i] With the incomplete information you have, do you dare attempt this ritual? [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1#post_2601819]Back to the Index[/url]
You can just barely make out the title of this next entry...
100 Ghost Stories
By Nettletea
Tallow Candle
Unearthly Onyx Grasp
Mirror
Tales of Terror
Information
This entry in the compendium has been crossed out several times, and someone has written a warning:
DO NOT ATTEMPT. We are not joking, under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should you do this.
The page is also stained with blood.
You can only make out bits and pieces of the procedure:
...One hundered candles...
Each participant takes turns telling...
...blow out a candle...
...mirror...
tHeY ARe C Om Ing !
With the incomplete information you have, do you dare attempt this ritual?
Back to the Index
Demiguy; He/Him or They/Them
[font=times new roman][size=6][i]Jar O' Healing[/size] By Sciencemonkey[/i] [columns][item=star moss] [item=seaberry] [item=raspberry] [item=ornate porcelain jar] [nextcol][item=always-autumn] [item=sugarmelon] [item=banana tree pith] [item=honeycomb fragment][nextcol][font=times new roman][b]Information[/b] This jar contains a mixture that can revive even an imperial from fainting, or can heal even the most fatal of wounds.[/columns] [font=times new roman]Crush all the plants and combine them with the honeycomb, then store in jar in a cold area, and let set for three days. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1#post_2601819]Back to the Index[/url]
Jar O' Healing
By Sciencemonkey
Star Moss
Seaberry
Raspberry
Ornate Porcelain Jar
Always-Autumn
Sugarmelon
Banana Tree Pith
Honeycomb Fragment
Information
This jar contains a mixture that can revive even an imperial from fainting, or can heal even the most fatal of wounds.
Crush all the plants and combine them with the honeycomb, then store in jar in a cold area, and let set for three days.
Back to the Index
Lore Clan, FR+2, She/her
Science.png
Pinglist These people will be notified for future badges and events! Just let me know if you’d like to be added or taken off. @forestwolf @beepo @perspective @alliance @amezrou @deepfallsden @ashersasser @blazingskydragon @sciencemonkey @nettletea @oreolanta Hello all! The Trickmurk 2019 contest has concluded, with the winner being @alliance ‘s [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/6#post_37942839]Essence of Luck[/url]. Don’t be discouraged if yours didn’t win; there will be another contest held in about a week! Here’s the badge that you can collect if you participated in this event by submitting a recipe: [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/5U1NTko.jpg[/IMG] [code][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/5U1NTko.jpg[/IMG][/code]
Pinglist
These people will be notified for future badges and events! Just let me know if you’d like to be added or taken off.

@forestwolf @beepo @perspective @alliance @amezrou @deepfallsden @ashersasser @blazingskydragon @sciencemonkey @nettletea @oreolanta

Hello all! The Trickmurk 2019 contest has concluded, with the winner being @alliance ‘s Essence of Luck. Don’t be discouraged if yours didn’t win; there will be another contest held in about a week!

Here’s the badge that you can collect if you participated in this event by submitting a recipe:
5U1NTko.jpg
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/5U1NTko.jpg[/IMG]
Clan Lore
Whoa that's a nice badge! And congrats to the winner!!
Whoa that's a nice badge! And congrats to the winner!!
VUS06en.gif
Call me Sky!
they/them | +0 FR Time
[font=times new roman][size=6][i]Glue Juice[/size] By Oreolanta[/i] [columns][item=dryad's saddle] [item=cliff lion] [item=emetic russula] [nextcol][item=Amber algae] [item=vegetable oil] [item=parched clay jar][nextcol][font=times new roman][b]Information[/b] This sticky mixture is good to glue anything together, fabric, paper, maybe rocks. Must be kept in a jar, if spilled, it might be a start to a disaster[/columns] [font=times new roman]Crash and mix the plants and mushrooms in a bowl, use an old, ugly bowl if you don't want to throw away a pretty one. Now soak the mixture in a mix between vegetable oil and amber algae. Mix it up quickly and leave it to soak for a minute, then pour it into any container , be careful to not spill anything.[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1#post_2601819]Back to the Index[/url]
Glue Juice
By Oreolanta
Dryad's Saddle Cliff Lion Emetic Russula Amber Algae Vegetable Oil Parched Clay Jar Information This sticky mixture is good to glue anything together, fabric, paper, maybe rocks. Must be kept in a jar, if spilled, it might be a start to a disaster
Crash and mix the plants and mushrooms in a bowl, use an old, ugly bowl if you don't want to throw away a pretty one. Now soak the mixture in a mix between vegetable oil and amber algae. Mix it up quickly and leave it to soak for a minute, then pour it into any container , be careful to not spill anything.Back to the Index
a4c78f3334cb95c4fc6eac8df982625406bc556fr1-100-100_hq.gif2woxT3x.png
Oh this is such a great idea! I'd like to be on the pinglist Here's an idea I had some time ago on how my non-water dragons survive in my water clan. English is not my first language. I found the word 'landlubber' in a dictionary as a translation for a term in my native language that is very colloquially used (by sailors and those who live at the coast) to describe people who spent mostly their entire life away from the sea in a humorous, non-offensive way. Please let me know if the translation is in any way offensive or inapropriate. In that case I'll think of something else. Or maybe someome here knows the propper term for what I mean. Otherwise: [font=times new roman][size=6][i]Landlubber's Diving Helmet[/size] By Eliss[/i] [columns][item=Winterwatcher's Arctic Goggles] [item=Lithe Otter Pelt] [item=Bioluminescent Tail] [item=Mistral Glove] [nextcol][item=Runed Helm] [item=Glass Beaker] [item=Unicorn Dust] [item=Wind Runestone] [nextcol][font=times new roman][b]Information[/b] A device for non-water dragons. The helmet keeps a dragon's head completely dry while underwater, preventing the unpleasent feeling of water flowing into nose, ears and eyes. It's unique air system allows the dragon to breathe and stay submerged for long periods of time. An integrated light source greatly improves the experience of exploring deeper waters and provides a sense of safety. It was indeed reported that wearing this helmet has reduced many a dragon's fear of the ocean. While it's weight might require a meduim amount of training, to strenghen the neck, this device in return comes completely without the risks of taking potions and alchemical substances. [/columns] [color=transparent]space[/color][item=Carpenter Wax] [font=times new roman]Any helmet will do for the base but it is advised to use one made from a single piece of metal as it has no unnecessary openings that need to be sealed. Fit the goggles into your helmet and line it with otter pelt. Grind the Biolumiscent Tail into smaller pieces and carefully heat it. When it reaches the right temperature, the glowing substance will melt into a liquid, separating it from the remaining parts. Make sure the temperature does not rise any further. Collect the liquid and let it cool down, then add a handful of Unicorn Dust. If the future wearer sufferes from thalassophobia, add another handful. Fill the mixture in a transparent but strong container and pin it to the helmet. At this point please consider consulting an expert for further assistence. Extract the required parts from the Mistral Glove and arrange them as shown in the attached sketch. Take some of the remaining material to make a housing and fit the construct inside. Attach the Wind Runestone on the opposing side and secure it on the inside of the helmet. Apply the enchantment described in the attachment to this instruction. Now make some final adjustments for ideal fitting on the future wearer's head. For guaranteed impermeability it is advised to treat all outer surfaces with Carpenter Wax before use. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1#post_2601819]Back to the Index[/url]
Oh this is such a great idea! I'd like to be on the pinglist

Here's an idea I had some time ago on how my non-water dragons survive in my water clan.

English is not my first language. I found the word 'landlubber' in a dictionary as a translation for a term in my native language that is very colloquially used (by sailors and those who live at the coast) to describe people who spent mostly their entire life away from the sea in a humorous, non-offensive way.
Please let me know if the translation is in any way offensive or inapropriate. In that case I'll think of something else. Or maybe someome here knows the propper term for what I mean.
Otherwise:

Landlubber's Diving Helmet
By Eliss
Winterwatcher's Arctic Goggles
Lithe Otter Pelt
Bioluminescent Tail
Mistral Glove
Runed Helm
Glass Beaker
Unicorn Dust
Wind Runestone
Information A device for non-water dragons. The helmet keeps a dragon's head completely dry while underwater, preventing the unpleasent feeling of water flowing into nose, ears and eyes. It's unique air system allows the dragon to breathe and stay submerged for long periods of time. An integrated light source greatly improves the experience of exploring deeper waters and provides a sense of safety. It was indeed reported that wearing this helmet has reduced many a dragon's fear of the ocean. While it's weight might require a meduim amount of training, to strenghen the neck, this device in return comes completely without the risks of taking potions and alchemical substances.
space Carpenter Wax
Any helmet will do for the base but it is advised to use one made from a single piece of metal as it has no unnecessary openings that need to be sealed. Fit the goggles into your helmet and line it with otter pelt.
Grind the Biolumiscent Tail into smaller pieces and carefully heat it. When it reaches the right temperature, the glowing substance will melt into a liquid, separating it from the remaining parts. Make sure the temperature does not rise any further. Collect the liquid and let it cool down, then add a handful of Unicorn Dust. If the future wearer sufferes from thalassophobia, add another handful. Fill the mixture in a transparent but strong container and pin it to the helmet.
At this point please consider consulting an expert for further assistence. Extract the required parts from the Mistral Glove and arrange them as shown in the attached sketch. Take some of the remaining material to make a housing and fit the construct inside. Attach the Wind Runestone on the opposing side and secure it on the inside of the helmet. Apply the enchantment described in the attachment to this instruction.
Now make some final adjustments for ideal fitting on the future wearer's head. For guaranteed impermeability it is advised to treat all outer surfaces with Carpenter Wax before use.

Back to the Index
52bQegH.png space! paragraph
Eliss
FR +9
[font=times new roman][size=6][i]Shade Amulet of Compulsion[/size] By GlacierWinds[/i] [columns][item=unearthly onyx grasp] [item=smoky quartz] [item=night flame] [nextcol][item=pulsating pendant] [item=bramble mantle] [item=picked-over bones][nextcol][font=times new roman][b]Information[/b] As the name suggests, this necklace contains a droplet of the ancient force that once wrecked havoc across Sornieth many years ago. This amulet allows the wearer to have a small telepathic influence over dragons when making suggestions or commands in it's most basic form. When infused with more Shade, the amulet can give the wearer the ability to strike paralyzing fear into their opponents, or outright hypnotize dragons to do the wearer's bidding. Let it be known that ONLY experienced enchanters or summoners should attempt this spell, and it is advised to have a shade hunter on hand in case of an emergency. It has been noted that the more Shade that is concentrated into the amulet, the more dragons will attempt to avoid you on instinct when they are not under the object's influence. It has been noted that the wearer must be strong of willed, and must not wear the amulet constantly so as to avoid Shade infection.[/columns] [font=times new roman][b]You will need:[/b] -A necklace that has a hollow compartment attached that can be SEALED shut. A locking or simple closing mechanism will not be enough, and may put the enchanter and anyone nearby at risk of Shade infection. -Smoky quartz that has been prepped in a mold and ready to be used to provide a protective coating around the amulet -A handful of Night Flame candles -A black tarp with the Shade summoning circle inscribed on it. This can be found [i]... this next part has been inked over with a long, black streak. It's a messy job, but it does the trick and effectively makes the next few lines unreadable...[/i] -A partially rotten dragon corpse, preferably of a small breed so as to not attract large amounts of Shade NOTE: the practice of using the Shade to enchant objects or cast spells has been outlawed in many places. Take care to enchant this item in a secluded area away from anyone who may want to intervene, as the spell requires massive amounts of concentration. [b]First[/b], locate a dark area and lay out the summoning circle. Place the carcass in the center of the circle and line the perimeter of the tarp with the night flame candles. Any amount of bright light can scare off small portions of the Shade, so it's important to keep the area in low light [b]Second[/b], keep the smoky quartz mold nearby. Make sure that it's ready to be used [i]immediately[/i] after the Shade have taken to the amulet. [b]Third[/b], speak the summon words supplied in the Shade summoning circle recipe. Any mispronunciations will either not summon the Shade, or worse, summon a large amount of Shade that you may not be prepared to deal with. Wait for the carcass to be covered with what will appear as black smoke. If the black substance appears as sludge or hundreds of moving insects, dispel the summoning IMMEDIATELY, and perform any prepared spells that can contain or harm the Shade. Evacuate the area and quarantine it as soon as possible so as to avoid the Shade from spreading. [b]If[/b] all has gone well in step three, focus your magic on the Shade and speak the control phrases provided in the Shade summoning circle recipe. This next step will require all of your focus. Command the Shade to remove itself from the corpse and enter the amulet. Make sure that all of the summoned Shade has situated itself into the amulet. [b]Finally[/b], immediately place the amulet into the mold and close it. The smoky quartz will provide a buffer to the Shade's influence, and will allow the enchanter to carve the necessary runes into the amulet so that the wearer can channel the Shade's influencing magic through them and to their target. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1#post_2601819]Back to the Index[/url]
Shade Amulet of Compulsion
By GlacierWinds
Unearthly Onyx Grasp
Smoky Quartz
Night Flame
Pulsating Pendant
Bramble Mantle
Picked-Over Bones
Information
As the name suggests, this necklace contains a droplet of the ancient force that once wrecked havoc across Sornieth many years ago. This amulet allows the wearer to have a small telepathic influence over dragons when making suggestions or commands in it's most basic form. When infused with more Shade, the amulet can give the wearer the ability to strike paralyzing fear into their opponents, or outright hypnotize dragons to do the wearer's bidding. Let it be known that ONLY experienced enchanters or summoners should attempt this spell, and it is advised to have a shade hunter on hand in case of an emergency. It has been noted that the more Shade that is concentrated into the amulet, the more dragons will attempt to avoid you on instinct when they are not under the object's influence.

It has been noted that the wearer must be strong of willed, and must not wear the amulet constantly so as to avoid Shade infection.
You will need:
-A necklace that has a hollow compartment attached that can be SEALED shut. A locking or simple closing mechanism will not be enough, and may put the enchanter and anyone nearby at risk of Shade infection.
-Smoky quartz that has been prepped in a mold and ready to be used to provide a protective coating around the amulet
-A handful of Night Flame candles
-A black tarp with the Shade summoning circle inscribed on it. This can be found ... this next part has been inked over with a long, black streak. It's a messy job, but it does the trick and effectively makes the next few lines unreadable...
-A partially rotten dragon corpse, preferably of a small breed so as to not attract large amounts of Shade
NOTE: the practice of using the Shade to enchant objects or cast spells has been outlawed in many places. Take care to enchant this item in a secluded area away from anyone who may want to intervene, as the spell requires massive amounts of concentration.

First, locate a dark area and lay out the summoning circle. Place the carcass in the center of the circle and line the perimeter of the tarp with the night flame candles. Any amount of bright light can scare off small portions of the Shade, so it's important to keep the area in low light
Second, keep the smoky quartz mold nearby. Make sure that it's ready to be used immediately after the Shade have taken to the amulet.
Third, speak the summon words supplied in the Shade summoning circle recipe. Any mispronunciations will either not summon the Shade, or worse, summon a large amount of Shade that you may not be prepared to deal with.
Wait for the carcass to be covered with what will appear as black smoke. If the black substance appears as sludge or hundreds of moving insects, dispel the summoning IMMEDIATELY, and perform any prepared spells that can contain or harm the Shade. Evacuate the area and quarantine it as soon as possible so as to avoid the Shade from spreading.
If all has gone well in step three, focus your magic on the Shade and speak the control phrases provided in the Shade summoning circle recipe. This next step will require all of your focus. Command the Shade to remove itself from the corpse and enter the amulet. Make sure that all of the summoned Shade has situated itself into the amulet.
Finally, immediately place the amulet into the mold and close it. The smoky quartz will provide a buffer to the Shade's influence, and will allow the enchanter to carve the necessary runes into the amulet so that the wearer can channel the Shade's influencing magic through them and to their target.

Back to the Index
15d070ed1f74379b5eb851779c100792d5ed7eec.png
[font=times new roman]A faded, yellowed page displays the next entry. Some parts of it appear to be lost to time... [size=6][i]Time Drifter's Pendulum[/size] By Sciencemonkey[/i] [columns][item=dwarf mushroom] [item=ancient mushroom] [item=ice crystal] [item=wind runestone] [nextcol][item=antique oil lamp] [item=time-turner's sandglass] *The item below runs the Time Drifter's Pendulum, [color=gray]If you run out, then [color=white] Time returns to it's normal flow. [item=prismatic token][nextcol][font=times new roman][b]Information[/b] This pendant [color=white]causes time to stop and allows you to move around freely, and even move things around before you go back to[color=black] normal. [u][i][b][s]Don't highlight the text in this page.[/s][/b][/i][/u][/columns] [font=times new roman]Place the ice crystal and mushrooms inside the time-turner's sandglass, and then attach the antique oil lamp to the bottom of the sandglass. Once this step is complete,[color=white] let rest for one hour, while the lamp burns. Then, attach a flat metal shard to the top and press [b]any[/b] runestone against it to create a place to add the prismatic tokens to. Place prismatic tokens, 1 for each minute of time, on metal. Cast elemental magic, (The same element as the runestone), on it, and it will activate. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1#post_2601819]Back to the Index[/url]
A faded, yellowed page displays the next entry. Some parts of it appear to be lost to time...
Time Drifter's Pendulum
By Sciencemonkey
Dwarf Mushroom
Ancient Mushroom
Ice Crystal
Wind Runestone
Antique Oil Lamp
Time-turner's Sandglass
*The item below runs the Time Drifter's Pendulum,
If you run out, then Time returns to it's normal flow.
Prismatic Token
Information
This pendant causes time to stop and allows you to move around freely, and even move things around before you go back to normal. Don't highlight the text in this page.
Place the ice crystal and mushrooms inside the time-turner's sandglass, and then attach the antique oil lamp to the bottom of the sandglass. Once this step is complete, let rest for one hour, while the lamp burns. Then, attach a flat metal shard to the top and press any runestone against it to create a place to add the prismatic tokens to. Place prismatic tokens, 1 for each minute of time, on metal. Cast elemental magic, (The same element as the runestone), on it, and it will activate.
Back to the Index
Lore Clan, FR+2, She/her
Science.png
[font=times new roman][size=6][i]Scribe's Covert Journal[/size] By BlazingSkyDragon[/i] [columns][item=ivory tusk] [item=mirage puffer spines] [item=empty inkwell] [nextcol][item=arcane runestone] [item=red sludge] [item=owlcat journal][nextcol][font=times new roman][b]Information[/b] These notebooks are created for one purpose only: to write down private information that one never wants anyone to read. They are special in that they are enchanted so that only the writer can see the words written on its pages. To any others, the journal appears to be blank. [i](the next part seems to be partially blanked out....)[/i] Beware, sprinkling [spoiler]n..t[/spoiler]urn[spoiler].. .us. .n[/spoiler] the pages temporarily [spoiler]r..eal ..e wo..s[/spoiler] to all.[/columns] [font=times new roman][b]Procedure[/b] The first task is creating a specialized, enchanted ink. Heat 1 cup of red sludge and 1 spoonfull of venom harvested from a mirage puffer's spines. Stir thoroughly for one minute, add ink of choice, and stir for another five minutes. Let the ink mixture cool. While the liquid cools, take a tooth(any kind will do) and a runestone of one's elemental alignment. Repeat the incantation detailed in the illustration of the next page twice, while holding the two items together. Make sure to pronounce the words correctly, or the enchantment will not take hold. If the tooth seems to warm slightly in your grip, the spell has worked. Once the ink is at room temperature, transfer it to a stable, secure container. Add a drop of one's own blood to it and stir until evenly dispersed. By now the ink should be a deep mauve color. Open the notebook that is desired to be enchanted to the very first page. Dip the tooth in the ink and write one's name on the page. With this complete, let the writing dry, bind the book shut, and place it in a dry place for the next five days. Once the book is retrieved, the writing inside should have changed color from mauve to a shimmery hue of the color of the owner's element. Begin writing whatever you want, and it will be concealed from prying eyes. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1#post_2601819]Back to the Index[/url]
Scribe's Covert Journal
By BlazingSkyDragon
Ivory Tusk
Mirage Puffer Spines
Empty Inkwell
Arcane Runestone
Red Sludge
Owlcat Journal
Information
These notebooks are created for one purpose only: to write down private information that one never wants anyone to read. They are special in that they are enchanted so that only the writer can see the words written on its pages. To any others, the journal appears to be blank.

(the next part seems to be partially blanked out....)
Beware, sprinkling n..turn.. .us. .n the pages temporarily r..eal ..e wo..s to all.
Procedure
The first task is creating a specialized, enchanted ink. Heat 1 cup of red sludge and 1 spoonfull of venom harvested from a mirage puffer's spines. Stir thoroughly for one minute, add ink of choice, and stir for another five minutes. Let the ink mixture cool.

While the liquid cools, take a tooth(any kind will do) and a runestone of one's elemental alignment. Repeat the incantation detailed in the illustration of the next page twice, while holding the two items together. Make sure to pronounce the words correctly, or the enchantment will not take hold. If the tooth seems to warm slightly in your grip, the spell has worked.

Once the ink is at room temperature, transfer it to a stable, secure container. Add a drop of one's own blood to it and stir until evenly dispersed. By now the ink should be a deep mauve color. Open the notebook that is desired to be enchanted to the very first page. Dip the tooth in the ink and write one's name on the page. With this complete, let the writing dry, bind the book shut, and place it in a dry place for the next five days.

Once the book is retrieved, the writing inside should have changed color from mauve to a shimmery hue of the color of the owner's element. Begin writing whatever you want, and it will be concealed from prying eyes.
Back to the Index
VUS06en.gif
Call me Sky!
they/them | +0 FR Time
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14