Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Stories of Windkeep Tower
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 78 79
@Petall I LOVE THIS ONE SO MUCH AND I ADORE THE FACT THAT THE HOYS DONT KNOW THEY ARE BROTHERS!!!!
@Petall I LOVE THIS ONE SO MUCH AND I ADORE THE FACT THAT THE HOYS DONT KNOW THEY ARE BROTHERS!!!!
@CleverDual

:D
@CleverDual

:D
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/25#post_33819028]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Chapter 48: A Vision of the One I See[/u][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41890810] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/418909/41890810_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Huddled in his room, Kulshan was practicing his shadow magic. He was getting rather good at blending in with shadows and casting illusions. As soon as he mastered the skill, he would be far more useful to Quartz and he would finally earn enough to buy his own suite in the tower. He blew away the flock of storm seekers he had created. They were his signature illusion, easy to practice on, but if he was going to prove himself to Quartz, he would have to really make him proud. Mustering all of his internal magic, he expelled a large cloud of deep violet shadows that began to form in the shape of a dragon. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=8&bodygene=20&breed=10&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=43&tertgene=17&winggene=20&wings=150&auth=5fb748bfc98db6802de0b026fe7033ef6776e5e8&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] The illusion of Kyra took his breath away. It had been so long since he had seen her in the flesh. He was so stunned by his creation that he let the illusion fall and the cloudy shadows sank into the floorboards. Kulshan lay on his bed, burying his head in his pillows. What had he been doing? He missed Kyra so much, he should have just stayed. Who cared if he was poor? Who cared if he had nothing? He didn't have nothing anymore, he was skilled. He could get a job, right in her clan. He could meet her family! And then they could be together. As friends, as lovers, he didn't care. He just knew Kyra meant the world to him and he didn't want to spend another second away from her! Just as he began packing his bags, he remembered the contract. He couldn't leave. He was stuck, serving Quartz forever... And Kyra wouldn't want to live in a place like this, how could she? As reality flooded his valiant dreams, dark purple clouds began to fill the room, shrouding Kulshan in gloom... [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/e0bf/f/2018/247/7/5/divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41895746] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/418958/41895746_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Kyra's wings ached from flying so far, she had hardly rested since she left the Clan of Resting Wings. She had no choice, she was certain she was being followed, after what had happened... They wouldn't just let her slip by, they were too careful for that. That was when she saw it, the beacon looking out over The Sea of a Thousand Currents. Hope. Safety. Friends. Windkeep Tower was her clan's closest ally. [i]Were.[/i] She would have to get used to the past tense. If anyone could help her, it would be them. As soon as she reached the cliffside, she tumbled and collapsed on the grass. It was dry, the warmth of the season having removed any dew. The wind stirred around her, as if embracing her, carrying the sound of jingling bells. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38414705] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/384148/38414705_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Hey, are you okay?" A small fae flitted around her. He was breathing heavily, as if he had flown as fast as he could to reach her. "Do you need help?" Kyra pulled herself up and stood herself on weak, shaking legs. "The Clan of Resting Wings has fallen." Was all Kyra could rasp. Merry almost fell from the sky in shock, but he managed to catch himself before he hit the ground. "Well, it looks like you need some food, water, and rest!" Merry said, pulling himself together. "Why don't I show you to the Copper Lotus, then I'll go tell Fenn the news. She'll want to hear this as soon as possible." [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/e0bf/f/2018/247/7/5/divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png[/img][/center] Kulshan shook himself, clearing the dark clouds. He had to be better than this. All was not over. he had to pull himself together, to remember the cause. And what better way to pull himself together than to get something to eat? He hadn't eaten since morning, and now the setting sun was painting the sky with colour. Kulshan heard Merry's voice as he made his way down the stairs. he must be sharing one of his stories or songs again. That always brought the tavern together. Kulshan could do with a good heroic tale of old, or an exaggerated, adventurous account of day to day life in Windkeep Tower. That always perked his spirits, and helping him remember what was worth fighting for. But something was different. Instead of the sound of joyous bells and laughter and loud storytelling, the fae's voice was unusually hushed, as if he bore sad news. Kulshan had never heard such melancholy in the bard's voice. He quickened his pace, something was very wrong. Then, as he stepped into the room, what he saw changed everything. "Kulshan?!" Kyra said, eyes widened in complete shock. "Where have you been, you idiot! I thought something had happened to you! I've been so worried! What were you thinking!? have you been here this whole time?!" Despite her angry tone, there was a light in her eyes, like seeing him lifted the new, heavy weight that seemed to be resting upon her shoulders. Kulshan couldn't help but smile. He raced towards her and gave her a big hug. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/27#post_33896462]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @Alwaid @zzzhorses @Skyeset @ScrivenerRook @Kizzan @clarax @lilastar @tigressRising @Disillusionist @Aetherstorm @rainphee @RiaFire11[/center] ----- So, this update was supposed to happen yesterday, but I ended up getting caught up with my practice pack, because I only have 1 week left until I finish my work at my gap year, and I had to see how much stuff I had room to take home. So I had to sort through everything, pack everything (which was stressful because not everything fit so i had to work out how I was going to take everything home) and then unpack everything, then I had to do laundry, and have a shower and by the time I finally got everything finished it was about 7:30 or so and i was too tired to put energy into writing. This means I've had to adjust some plans, but it's all okay. I can make it work. next update will not be a proper chapter, it'll instead be a sort of reaction of my clan to the falling of their friends in the Clan of Resting Wings. @CleverDual is rebooting her clan and since we've done so much lore stuff together, of course it will affect my clan and I feel I need to explore that, because it changes a lot for some characters! Then, we'll be back and ready to enter the final phase of this arc!

Chapter 48: A Vision of the One I See

41890810_350.png

Huddled in his room, Kulshan was practicing his shadow magic. He was getting rather good at blending in with shadows and casting illusions. As soon as he mastered the skill, he would be far more useful to Quartz and he would finally earn enough to buy his own suite in the tower.

He blew away the flock of storm seekers he had created. They were his signature illusion, easy to practice on, but if he was going to prove himself to Quartz, he would have to really make him proud. Mustering all of his internal magic, he expelled a large cloud of deep violet shadows that began to form in the shape of a dragon.
dragon?age=1&body=8&bodygene=20&breed=10&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=43&tertgene=17&winggene=20&wings=150&auth=5fb748bfc98db6802de0b026fe7033ef6776e5e8&dummyext=prev.png

The illusion of Kyra took his breath away. It had been so long since he had seen her in the flesh. He was so stunned by his creation that he let the illusion fall and the cloudy shadows sank into the floorboards.

Kulshan lay on his bed, burying his head in his pillows. What had he been doing? He missed Kyra so much, he should have just stayed. Who cared if he was poor? Who cared if he had nothing? He didn't have nothing anymore, he was skilled. He could get a job, right in her clan. He could meet her family! And then they could be together. As friends, as lovers, he didn't care. He just knew Kyra meant the world to him and he didn't want to spend another second away from her!

Just as he began packing his bags, he remembered the contract. He couldn't leave. He was stuck, serving Quartz forever... And Kyra wouldn't want to live in a place like this, how could she? As reality flooded his valiant dreams, dark purple clouds began to fill the room, shrouding Kulshan in gloom...

Kyra's wings ached from flying so far, she had hardly rested since she left the Clan of Resting Wings. She had no choice, she was certain she was being followed, after what had happened... They wouldn't just let her slip by, they were too careful for that.

That was when she saw it, the beacon looking out over The Sea of a Thousand Currents. Hope. Safety. Friends. Windkeep Tower was her clan's closest ally. Were. She would have to get used to the past tense. If anyone could help her, it would be them.

As soon as she reached the cliffside, she tumbled and collapsed on the grass. It was dry, the warmth of the season having removed any dew. The wind stirred around her, as if embracing her, carrying the sound of jingling bells.

"Hey, are you okay?" A small fae flitted around her. He was breathing heavily, as if he had flown as fast as he could to reach her. "Do you need help?"

Kyra pulled herself up and stood herself on weak, shaking legs.

"The Clan of Resting Wings has fallen." Was all Kyra could rasp.

Merry almost fell from the sky in shock, but he managed to catch himself before he hit the ground.

"Well, it looks like you need some food, water, and rest!" Merry said, pulling himself together. "Why don't I show you to the Copper Lotus, then I'll go tell Fenn the news. She'll want to hear this as soon as possible."

divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png

Kulshan shook himself, clearing the dark clouds. He had to be better than this. All was not over. he had to pull himself together, to remember the cause. And what better way to pull himself together than to get something to eat? He hadn't eaten since morning, and now the setting sun was painting the sky with colour.

Kulshan heard Merry's voice as he made his way down the stairs. he must be sharing one of his stories or songs again. That always brought the tavern together. Kulshan could do with a good heroic tale of old, or an exaggerated, adventurous account of day to day life in Windkeep Tower. That always perked his spirits, and helping him remember what was worth fighting for.

But something was different. Instead of the sound of joyous bells and laughter and loud storytelling, the fae's voice was unusually hushed, as if he bore sad news. Kulshan had never heard such melancholy in the bard's voice. He quickened his pace, something was very wrong.

Then, as he stepped into the room, what he saw changed everything.

"Kulshan?!" Kyra said, eyes widened in complete shock. "Where have you been, you idiot! I thought something had happened to you! I've been so worried! What were you thinking!? have you been here this whole time?!" Despite her angry tone, there was a light in her eyes, like seeing him lifted the new, heavy weight that seemed to be resting upon her shoulders.

Kulshan couldn't help but smile. He raced towards her and gave her a big hug.

So, this update was supposed to happen yesterday, but I ended up getting caught up with my practice pack, because I only have 1 week left until I finish my work at my gap year, and I had to see how much stuff I had room to take home. So I had to sort through everything, pack everything (which was stressful because not everything fit so i had to work out how I was going to take everything home) and then unpack everything, then I had to do laundry, and have a shower and by the time I finally got everything finished it was about 7:30 or so and i was too tired to put energy into writing.

This means I've had to adjust some plans, but it's all okay. I can make it work. next update will not be a proper chapter, it'll instead be a sort of reaction of my clan to the falling of their friends in the Clan of Resting Wings. @CleverDual is rebooting her clan and since we've done so much lore stuff together, of course it will affect my clan and I feel I need to explore that, because it changes a lot for some characters! Then, we'll be back and ready to enter the final phase of this arc!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall
Awww, Kulshan is so precious! His feelings for Kyra are so adorable ^w^
@Petall
Awww, Kulshan is so precious! His feelings for Kyra are so adorable ^w^
oie-6215725-UHAIb-VYJ.png
AzWEmYL.png Call me Ari!
AzWEmYL.png FR +3
AzWEmYL.png He/She/They
_________________________________ genderfluid.png
@Aetherstorm

Thank you!!! It's so fun to write a hopeless romantic character like Kulshan!!!
@Aetherstorm

Thank you!!! It's so fun to write a hopeless romantic character like Kulshan!!!
@Petall ACK I CAN NOT EVEN WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!! :O :O :O
@Petall ACK I CAN NOT EVEN WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!! :O :O :O
@Petall Finally, we get to see the receiver of Kulshan's affections, and oh man, it looks like she's already in trouble. D: On the plus side, Merry is so adorable. Powerpack Coats normally look intimidating, but he manages to make them look cute. <3 The addition of Kyra should make things a lot more interesting!

On the subject of packing, good heavens, it's quite a pain. Heck, even when I'm only packing for an overnight trip it's really exhausting and irritating to think of what you might need and then cram it into a bag; I get where you're coming from! Glad to see another update, and looking forward to seeing how the Clan of Resting Wings will affect things over here. Something tells me a perfect storm is brewing. 8D
@Petall Finally, we get to see the receiver of Kulshan's affections, and oh man, it looks like she's already in trouble. D: On the plus side, Merry is so adorable. Powerpack Coats normally look intimidating, but he manages to make them look cute. <3 The addition of Kyra should make things a lot more interesting!

On the subject of packing, good heavens, it's quite a pain. Heck, even when I'm only packing for an overnight trip it's really exhausting and irritating to think of what you might need and then cram it into a bag; I get where you're coming from! Glad to see another update, and looking forward to seeing how the Clan of Resting Wings will affect things over here. Something tells me a perfect storm is brewing. 8D
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@CleverDual

I'm going to try to write it today, but if I can't do it today then it'll be out tomorrow!!!

@Disillusionist

I'm so glad to finally bring Kyra in properly!!! It's been a while!!!

Hopefully my real packing this Friday won't take quite so long/be so frustrating!!!
@CleverDual

I'm going to try to write it today, but if I can't do it today then it'll be out tomorrow!!!

@Disillusionist

I'm so glad to finally bring Kyra in properly!!! It's been a while!!!

Hopefully my real packing this Friday won't take quite so long/be so frustrating!!!
oH MY GOD *slams face against couch*
oH MY GOD *slams face against couch*
please buy my dragons
r7i0TKR.png
alphabet legacy
challenge
please just send private auctions.
it's a CR with half the hassle,
and with PAs we both get our stuff instantly.
@RiaFire11

My feelings exactly!
@RiaFire11

My feelings exactly!
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 78 79