Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Dragon Writers of February!
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
@Pachirisu - Bee is definitely a better choice than alloy most of the time. I think she looks absolutely marvelous!

I am probably around because I'm stressed from the job search, want someone to talk to, and palling around on FlightRising seems to be the next best thing to do. Once I find a job and am buried in work and studies again, then I'll disappear because....who has energy to think of replies after dealing with elementary students all day?

That is too much fun that your husband was able to pick those two up! I did that ages and ages ago when I first joined flightrising, but they were too "young" for my collection and they had to go. Not sure what happened to them the second time around. As for Nymph, her old mate was on the AH for at least a month before I took a very close look at him, discovered that I really liked his parentage for lore purposes, and then took a look at his offspring list... Yeah, love NYPMH and her parentage for the same lore purposes. His second mate was a shadow dragon, so the quick lore sketch is that Nymph got bit to catch the Gembond disease, he was looking after her for ages, the shadow imperial was in love with him and got on his good side under the guise of looking after Nymph, and faked her death. He found out, and went on search for her. (all that being the very, very short version)

The best part is that when I asked Nymph's previous owner about her, she was like, "Oh, if you have a dragon of similar colors to her, then I will buy that one and make her my new dragon like her.." Literally hours before a wildclaw popped up on the Ah that was in the 6 digit range with the exact same colors. Totally meant to be, and I'm very much going to have to figure out how to fit that into the lore. Something about lore, mimics, and shapeshifting shadow magics, I suppose.

@Pachirisu - Bee is definitely a better choice than alloy most of the time. I think she looks absolutely marvelous!

I am probably around because I'm stressed from the job search, want someone to talk to, and palling around on FlightRising seems to be the next best thing to do. Once I find a job and am buried in work and studies again, then I'll disappear because....who has energy to think of replies after dealing with elementary students all day?

That is too much fun that your husband was able to pick those two up! I did that ages and ages ago when I first joined flightrising, but they were too "young" for my collection and they had to go. Not sure what happened to them the second time around. As for Nymph, her old mate was on the AH for at least a month before I took a very close look at him, discovered that I really liked his parentage for lore purposes, and then took a look at his offspring list... Yeah, love NYPMH and her parentage for the same lore purposes. His second mate was a shadow dragon, so the quick lore sketch is that Nymph got bit to catch the Gembond disease, he was looking after her for ages, the shadow imperial was in love with him and got on his good side under the guise of looking after Nymph, and faked her death. He found out, and went on search for her. (all that being the very, very short version)

The best part is that when I asked Nymph's previous owner about her, she was like, "Oh, if you have a dragon of similar colors to her, then I will buy that one and make her my new dragon like her.." Literally hours before a wildclaw popped up on the Ah that was in the 6 digit range with the exact same colors. Totally meant to be, and I'm very much going to have to figure out how to fit that into the lore. Something about lore, mimics, and shapeshifting shadow magics, I suppose.

Mostly hiatus-ing. PMs are the easiest way to contact me at the moment, but expect lots of time for it to get noticed.
@Pachirisu

Wow! I just took a look at your clan symbol and it is perfect! I have a bit of a wildclaw problem myself, so I can appreciate that aspect of your clan!

That's exactly how I felt with my recent clan! I'd get inspired for lore for my newer dragons but it just wouldn't fit! In the end, I had a bunch of dragons that didn't even have lore because I think I gave up on the structure. Most of those lore-less dragons have been repurposed and fit into my new clan because they are beautiful and blank slates to work with in terms of lore!

Those all sound so cool!!! Looks like you are set in terms of entertainment! You sound like you have a lot of great dragons to work with! I've just had a look at your lair and oh my goodness, I love all their outfits! They look like they have a lot of personality, and I look forward to seeing their actual lore! My favourites are probably Kennet and Mana!!! They are so pretty!!!

If you start up something in CC, please give me a ping! I'd love to read it!!! :D

That's so cool about the sprites! I hope to one day expand my collection, as I'd love to have a complete bestiary, but I've pretty much accepted the sprites and KS familiars as a lost cause. Which was why I was so shocked when I won my nature sprite!!!

Right now I really need to work on bios, since most of my dragons don't have bios and the ones that do are from my old lore. I feel I need to find a good bio format though, like one that maybe has slots for info already coded in, like for theme songs and morality alignments and family members and that sort of thing. I'll probably have to code it myself, but I'm not all that great at coding so I'm hoping to find a bio template that is close enough to what I want instead.

And I don't mind the long response! I'm happy to see how excited you are over this!!!
@Pachirisu

Wow! I just took a look at your clan symbol and it is perfect! I have a bit of a wildclaw problem myself, so I can appreciate that aspect of your clan!

That's exactly how I felt with my recent clan! I'd get inspired for lore for my newer dragons but it just wouldn't fit! In the end, I had a bunch of dragons that didn't even have lore because I think I gave up on the structure. Most of those lore-less dragons have been repurposed and fit into my new clan because they are beautiful and blank slates to work with in terms of lore!

Those all sound so cool!!! Looks like you are set in terms of entertainment! You sound like you have a lot of great dragons to work with! I've just had a look at your lair and oh my goodness, I love all their outfits! They look like they have a lot of personality, and I look forward to seeing their actual lore! My favourites are probably Kennet and Mana!!! They are so pretty!!!

If you start up something in CC, please give me a ping! I'd love to read it!!! :D

That's so cool about the sprites! I hope to one day expand my collection, as I'd love to have a complete bestiary, but I've pretty much accepted the sprites and KS familiars as a lost cause. Which was why I was so shocked when I won my nature sprite!!!

Right now I really need to work on bios, since most of my dragons don't have bios and the ones that do are from my old lore. I feel I need to find a good bio format though, like one that maybe has slots for info already coded in, like for theme songs and morality alignments and family members and that sort of thing. I'll probably have to code it myself, but I'm not all that great at coding so I'm hoping to find a bio template that is close enough to what I want instead.

And I don't mind the long response! I'm happy to see how excited you are over this!!!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Joying oooh that sounds really interesting! i hope you write it all out somewhere that i can read it!

@Petall thank you!! i spent like an hour or so on it making it juuuuuuust right (it took a while before i realized it looked best with the second light symbol flipped lol). wildclaws have been my favorite breed since maybe halfway through my first year? imps were first, but i was really upset over being unable to make my progens imps LOL. then i got neela, and was like "dang... she's... really awesome??" and the rest is history!

yeah that's always nice to have! i think that's why i struggled with my decision to reboot. the dragons i still had left weren't blank slates at all, and in fact had at least 1k words of something or other written out. but in the end i decided i could just keep the bits i loved and incorporate that in the new stuff.

so oran is still a bit of a forgetful airhead who loves seashells. ianto is still a little narcissistic and azurite is still incredibly suspicious of anyone else who talks to him. quill still loves windsinger a looooooot, poplar still paints, etc. but how they joined the clan is different, and some of what they do is different, and their history is different.

thank you!! mana is my 2nd oldest dragon, in terms of how long i've had them, besides my progens. fiona was one of the first i got, and i got her like... my first day lol. i got mana maybe the next day or the day after! and then oran, i think i got him within my first week, and i got bird after one of my first nests hatched (because i traded one of those babies for her!). kennet may be getting replaced, if i can get a boy who's almost identical (but with gold/metals/marigold tert). this kennet is already the like... fourth kennet LOL. but if i can find a girl who isn't related to him, then he'll be breeding his replacement for me XD he is almost perfect, and i don't feel like just settling with him!

i will absolutely ping you if i do it! i put a note in mana's bio about it hehehe

there are a lot of bios that have some of that stuff, i'm sure you can find them if you look around. there's a tumblr, i think, for layouts as well? i don't remember what it was called, though!
@Joying oooh that sounds really interesting! i hope you write it all out somewhere that i can read it!

@Petall thank you!! i spent like an hour or so on it making it juuuuuuust right (it took a while before i realized it looked best with the second light symbol flipped lol). wildclaws have been my favorite breed since maybe halfway through my first year? imps were first, but i was really upset over being unable to make my progens imps LOL. then i got neela, and was like "dang... she's... really awesome??" and the rest is history!

yeah that's always nice to have! i think that's why i struggled with my decision to reboot. the dragons i still had left weren't blank slates at all, and in fact had at least 1k words of something or other written out. but in the end i decided i could just keep the bits i loved and incorporate that in the new stuff.

so oran is still a bit of a forgetful airhead who loves seashells. ianto is still a little narcissistic and azurite is still incredibly suspicious of anyone else who talks to him. quill still loves windsinger a looooooot, poplar still paints, etc. but how they joined the clan is different, and some of what they do is different, and their history is different.

thank you!! mana is my 2nd oldest dragon, in terms of how long i've had them, besides my progens. fiona was one of the first i got, and i got her like... my first day lol. i got mana maybe the next day or the day after! and then oran, i think i got him within my first week, and i got bird after one of my first nests hatched (because i traded one of those babies for her!). kennet may be getting replaced, if i can get a boy who's almost identical (but with gold/metals/marigold tert). this kennet is already the like... fourth kennet LOL. but if i can find a girl who isn't related to him, then he'll be breeding his replacement for me XD he is almost perfect, and i don't feel like just settling with him!

i will absolutely ping you if i do it! i put a note in mana's bio about it hehehe

there are a lot of bios that have some of that stuff, i'm sure you can find them if you look around. there's a tumblr, i think, for layouts as well? i don't remember what it was called, though!
GkfDmNh.png
I cought a cold a little over a week ago (at the doctor's office, ironically. I was only there to get some paperwork filled out by the doctor, but came away from it with a cold, go fig), so I've been dealing with that. Kinda ruined my birthday (the day after Valentine's) but what do you do? (Valintine's is 'meh' anyway) I don't really celebrate it that much until several months later anyway, as my parents don't like to drive up here in winter, and I can't say I blame them.

So...I've been sleeping a lot, and I think I'm just starting to get better now.
I cought a cold a little over a week ago (at the doctor's office, ironically. I was only there to get some paperwork filled out by the doctor, but came away from it with a cold, go fig), so I've been dealing with that. Kinda ruined my birthday (the day after Valentine's) but what do you do? (Valintine's is 'meh' anyway) I don't really celebrate it that much until several months later anyway, as my parents don't like to drive up here in winter, and I can't say I blame them.

So...I've been sleeping a lot, and I think I'm just starting to get better now.
NOTE: Dergs in my lair with scries are just ideas, & are subject to change/not final.
nZJa3n3.png
@Pachirisu

Well, looks like all that hard work paid off, because it looks AMAZING!!!

Aaaaa hearing you talk about your dragons makes me so so happy!!! I think I've missed hearing about other people's lore. Honestly, if you want to talk about your dragons ever, I'm happy to have my ear talked off if it's about lore and dragons. And I like the idea of taking snippets of dragons' lore and reworking it into new lore. I might have to do that with some of my older dragons. I'm still working out how much of their old lore is canon and how much isn't.

I wish you luck on your Kennet hunt! If you do end up breeding for another Kennet, can I possibly be on a pinglist for the spare hatchlings? He looks like a stunning dragon and I think a dragon like Kennet would make a good breeding pair with my icon dragon!

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll definitely have to go and have a look and see if I can find the right bio format for me!

By the way, do you want to be Clan Allies? Your lore sounds so cool and we're both wind clans and I feel like out clans would get along well.

@VioletWhirlwind

Oooo, that sounds like it sucks!!! I hope you're feeling better soon! And Happy belated Birthday!
@Pachirisu

Well, looks like all that hard work paid off, because it looks AMAZING!!!

Aaaaa hearing you talk about your dragons makes me so so happy!!! I think I've missed hearing about other people's lore. Honestly, if you want to talk about your dragons ever, I'm happy to have my ear talked off if it's about lore and dragons. And I like the idea of taking snippets of dragons' lore and reworking it into new lore. I might have to do that with some of my older dragons. I'm still working out how much of their old lore is canon and how much isn't.

I wish you luck on your Kennet hunt! If you do end up breeding for another Kennet, can I possibly be on a pinglist for the spare hatchlings? He looks like a stunning dragon and I think a dragon like Kennet would make a good breeding pair with my icon dragon!

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll definitely have to go and have a look and see if I can find the right bio format for me!

By the way, do you want to be Clan Allies? Your lore sounds so cool and we're both wind clans and I feel like out clans would get along well.

@VioletWhirlwind

Oooo, that sounds like it sucks!!! I hope you're feeling better soon! And Happy belated Birthday!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@GuardianDragonak
Thank you! Also omg, the fox in your sig is so cute!

@LaraAelric
Omg, that sounds like SO MUCH FUN! I love talking with other artist and writers! I've been trying yo put together a club or even just a random group of friends, but it turns out the native Florida writer is a shy species, lol!
@GuardianDragonak
Thank you! Also omg, the fox in your sig is so cute!

@LaraAelric
Omg, that sounds like SO MUCH FUN! I love talking with other artist and writers! I've been trying yo put together a club or even just a random group of friends, but it turns out the native Florida writer is a shy species, lol!
24002659_oFj.png
@LaraAelric

Oh, our group does weekly Write Nites on Discord, Wednesday nites. We do a 15 minute sprint where everyone is quietly working, then we chat for a bit and deal with issues, then we do 20 minutes, break for chat, then 20 minutes break for chat and done. 7:30-9pm and we get about 1000-1500 words written. It's so much fun, right? A chance to feel part of a group and still get your own work done, and chat with people who understand.

So glad others are finding this sort of thing useful!
@LaraAelric

Oh, our group does weekly Write Nites on Discord, Wednesday nites. We do a 15 minute sprint where everyone is quietly working, then we chat for a bit and deal with issues, then we do 20 minutes, break for chat, then 20 minutes break for chat and done. 7:30-9pm and we get about 1000-1500 words written. It's so much fun, right? A chance to feel part of a group and still get your own work done, and chat with people who understand.

So glad others are finding this sort of thing useful!
An open book that reads Stories & Poetry MJ 24uZeuhOu.pngBk78Myp.pngLaSYQ19.gif8d7o509.png
@Polymorphus you're welcome! And thank you! I should really put a link to where I got it. But when I found it, and there were multiple Kitsunes, I was thrilled, because I love kitsunes! The main character in my story is actually part kitsune!
@Polymorphus you're welcome! And thank you! I should really put a link to where I got it. But when I found it, and there were multiple Kitsunes, I was thrilled, because I love kitsunes! The main character in my story is actually part kitsune!
52030.png
101.png
» Soulthreads
wishlist
dragons for sale
X
X
x
ed6b66583d31e626062d0eb47937ce359a118f7e.png
@PlatinumDream Whoa ;o; I love the colors on that Nocturne boy! The bright Striation on the black-gray base really makes him stand out~ Ahh, you guys have a local writing group at your library? ;w; That sounds awesome~ Feel free to brag about the next meeting when you go! I really wish those crowns were wearable XD They're so cool-looking, and the tooltip on that one is just lovely~ Forgotten Kingdom Inspiration, [i]ACTIVATE-[/i] I also feel like we don't have many crowns in that shape, as apparel? Rose Thorn crowns are only three prongs on the front, like a tiara. Elemental Crowns have the big poof. And then noooooobody is going out to buy Gilded Crowns en masse. /-\ It'd be great to have some options like this ^ [s][i]*had designed a forgotten kingdom Fae who needed a crown but didn't do that because Gilded Crown prices are beyond too much*[/i][/s] If there's some dragons you're not sure about keeping, you could always post them here ;-; You'll either get new apparel/gene/lore ideas for them, or you'll find someone who falls so head over heels in love for the derg that you'll have a good home lined up in case you do decide to rehome them. [i]*is also approaching two years on FR and has had lore for two years, but hasn't written it*[/i] Oops- Your clan actually sounds kinda similar to mine? ;-; At least on the concept of "loose association of loners who normally would n o t get along as well as they are." If you wanted, you could give individual groups of dragons their own lore, and not need to have them all connected ;-; If they all still need the cave as part of their lore, then you could do it chronologically- each group of dragons, at one point in time, used that cave as their home for their adventures and stories, but later groups used it after them. Then you'd only have to write a short bundle for each group of dragons that would reasonably get along well. Just an idea that I've heard a friend do with their lore ;-; (Also, scrapping the whole lair and making a permababy Fae/giant Imp clan works too. This is a good backup) @GuardianDragonak 5 chapters done and 5 chapters in the oven is still great progress ;w; *cheers you on~* I'd be fine with giving a bit of feedback on writing ;v; (I can't help but wanna read lair lore all the time) @Pachirisu [i]*paddles self out of the ocean of new forum format*[/i] YASSS, I saw the Wildclaw scries TwT They're honestly so pretty~ I love how Bee and Alloy both have little flecks of light on them that matches the Glimmer? These dragons just look so smooooth~ Everything matches and it makes me happy. They look great ;u; Oh sweet FR dreams, why can't you be real? .......OH WAIT, THAT ONE DID BECOME REAL! ;~~; That lore is great though~ Poor little Sprite </3 Congrats on getting her~ @Hanakoto [i]*nods at chapter one*[/i] Crisis averted. If that's the only mistake, then you're doing good ;-; Giving someone the wrong degree is a lot better than, say, having a person or thing be in one place, when an earlier statement clearly had them halfway across the country behind locked doors. @MeraHunt I really like Ghost on that boy~ For me, Lace tends to cover up Butterfly's nicest accents, so getting any other possible gene on there is preferable. The rib markings have a good accent on them, and the markings blend in well with his face, around his eye. It's really cool ^_^ @Petall [i]*was sold on "port town for airships"*[/i] They sound like a really great clan? Like, the kind that you wish you could go and live with for a week ;-; I love that your progens' exaltation got fit into the lore~ Spent time with the Windsinger, but came back to care for travelers instead <3 The location for your clan honestly sounds beautiful... Mine is traveling, so I'm pretty interested to see the stationary homes people design for their lair ;w; I've found one type of Ghost I really like so far, but I've scryed two versions. A Pistachio one called Spectre: [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=17&breed=7&element=3&gender=0&tert=125&tertgene=20&winggene=19&wings=176&auth=be9cbe6e18bc86103e9b2dab16140779e8612e19&dummyext=prev.png[/img] And a Saffron one called Ifrit: [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=17&breed=7&element=11&gender=0&tert=84&tertgene=20&winggene=20&wings=84&auth=831e06dc1f995d5672ba61b0cf69e5ca55b873b5&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Either way, Obs Metallic Male Spiral is a must XD I might start a project for one of these guys (someday). I kinda think of them as being solid Obsidian most of the time, and they act normal, and are everyone's friend, but when they actually go to back-stab someone, their Ghost markings flicker on like lights and it turns out they're like, already half-dead and mean. I dunno. I like making lore I'll probably never use XD And I try to put lore behind genes too. @Morichinatsu *gently tosses blankets and offers warm drinks* ;u; We appreciate you coming back to say hi~ I'm pretty anxious about interacting with a lot of people here, so I usually sit back and wait for a big ping or new monthly post to come back and say hello~ A good bio layout can be just the thing to get dragon lore moving again ;w; What kind of layout are you hoping for? Ahh, thank you for the well-wishes <3 I hope the different formats get along so you can enjoy a template you're happy with ;w; @Avanari I think I started the story last fall semester? So it was somewhere between October-December. I don't think it's my best work, but thankfully, I have a very good fan who keeps asking for more chapters and making me write at a semi-consistent pace <3 ^^ Ahh, Not-Charles sounds like he's got a lot of good options ;u; And the more options the better when Opal is on the table. "Hey, look at all these vastly cheaper genes that look just as good or better!" As for names? Uhhh, [i]*tosses a few random ideas*[/i] Saga, Gallatin, Aiko, Nikola, Valence, Taelar. @Polymorphus Low blood pressure people, [i]UNITE-[/i] *noms on salty food* Oh wow, I did not know that fuzzy vision thing was caused by LBP. ;-; That explains so much... I think getting up and stretching periodically helps lessen that, because the longer I sit down, the worse it seems to be when I get up? That might be a temporary fix while doctors are figuring this stuff out ;-; Ahh, that's awesome~ ;w; It sounds like you'd meet and help a lot of interesting people being a guide. I hope you have a good time on your new trail tomorrow ;u; Oh wow- in that case, the spelling looks amazing on it~ I didn't realize phone writing had been going on so long, but I hope computer is just around the corner~ I really like Shell, to be honest... This might seem harsh on other writers, but I've never read about an interesting mermaid, before her? XD I love the face on the glass scene~ That's great~ And I second that alas- Human faces are really blegh to try and draw /-\ The coloring on her tail is amazing though? And so is the shading on her hair, and the eel? Did you draw that? ;-; @LaraAelric That sounds awesome~ ;~; Congrats on all of you guys' writing, and being able to have a comfy place for writers. 3k words is great! If it's all rambling, then it could be even more than that when it's cleaned up <3 [i]*cheers you on in your next scene, and for your office chair!*[/i] @VioletWhirlwind [i]*tosses blankets and hot chocolate and lots of fluffy pillows at*[/i] ;~; Make sure to get well soon. February is The Most Blegh(TM) month of the year for me. A birthday is one good thing in all that blegh though, even if you weren't feeling great for it [i]*throws confetti lightly*[/i] Happy late Birthday~ <3 ;-; [i]*stalks off to go scold doctor's office about giving you that cold, now*[/i]
@PlatinumDream

Whoa ;o; I love the colors on that Nocturne boy! The bright Striation on the black-gray base really makes him stand out~

Ahh, you guys have a local writing group at your library? ;w; That sounds awesome~ Feel free to brag about the next meeting when you go!

I really wish those crowns were wearable XD They're so cool-looking, and the tooltip on that one is just lovely~ Forgotten Kingdom Inspiration, ACTIVATE- I also feel like we don't have many crowns in that shape, as apparel? Rose Thorn crowns are only three prongs on the front, like a tiara. Elemental Crowns have the big poof. And then noooooobody is going out to buy Gilded Crowns en masse. /-\ It'd be great to have some options like this ^ *had designed a forgotten kingdom Fae who needed a crown but didn't do that because Gilded Crown prices are beyond too much*

If there's some dragons you're not sure about keeping, you could always post them here ;-; You'll either get new apparel/gene/lore ideas for them, or you'll find someone who falls so head over heels in love for the derg that you'll have a good home lined up in case you do decide to rehome them.

*is also approaching two years on FR and has had lore for two years, but hasn't written it* Oops- Your clan actually sounds kinda similar to mine? ;-; At least on the concept of "loose association of loners who normally would n o t get along as well as they are." If you wanted, you could give individual groups of dragons their own lore, and not need to have them all connected ;-; If they all still need the cave as part of their lore, then you could do it chronologically- each group of dragons, at one point in time, used that cave as their home for their adventures and stories, but later groups used it after them. Then you'd only have to write a short bundle for each group of dragons that would reasonably get along well. Just an idea that I've heard a friend do with their lore ;-;

(Also, scrapping the whole lair and making a permababy Fae/giant Imp clan works too. This is a good backup)

@GuardianDragonak

5 chapters done and 5 chapters in the oven is still great progress ;w; *cheers you on~* I'd be fine with giving a bit of feedback on writing ;v; (I can't help but wanna read lair lore all the time)

@Pachirisu

*paddles self out of the ocean of new forum format* YASSS, I saw the Wildclaw scries TwT They're honestly so pretty~ I love how Bee and Alloy both have little flecks of light on them that matches the Glimmer? These dragons just look so smooooth~ Everything matches and it makes me happy. They look great ;u;

Oh sweet FR dreams, why can't you be real? .......OH WAIT, THAT ONE DID BECOME REAL! ;~~; That lore is great though~ Poor little Sprite </3 Congrats on getting her~

@Hanakoto

*nods at chapter one* Crisis averted.

If that's the only mistake, then you're doing good ;-; Giving someone the wrong degree is a lot better than, say, having a person or thing be in one place, when an earlier statement clearly had them halfway across the country behind locked doors.

@MeraHunt

I really like Ghost on that boy~ For me, Lace tends to cover up Butterfly's nicest accents, so getting any other possible gene on there is preferable. The rib markings have a good accent on them, and the markings blend in well with his face, around his eye. It's really cool ^_^

@Petall

*was sold on "port town for airships"* They sound like a really great clan? Like, the kind that you wish you could go and live with for a week ;-; I love that your progens' exaltation got fit into the lore~ Spent time with the Windsinger, but came back to care for travelers instead <3

The location for your clan honestly sounds beautiful... Mine is traveling, so I'm pretty interested to see the stationary homes people design for their lair ;w;

I've found one type of Ghost I really like so far, but I've scryed two versions. A Pistachio one called Spectre:
dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=17&breed=7&element=3&gender=0&tert=125&tertgene=20&winggene=19&wings=176&auth=be9cbe6e18bc86103e9b2dab16140779e8612e19&dummyext=prev.png
And a Saffron one called Ifrit:
dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=17&breed=7&element=11&gender=0&tert=84&tertgene=20&winggene=20&wings=84&auth=831e06dc1f995d5672ba61b0cf69e5ca55b873b5&dummyext=prev.png
Either way, Obs Metallic Male Spiral is a must XD I might start a project for one of these guys (someday). I kinda think of them as being solid Obsidian most of the time, and they act normal, and are everyone's friend, but when they actually go to back-stab someone, their Ghost markings flicker on like lights and it turns out they're like, already half-dead and mean. I dunno. I like making lore I'll probably never use XD And I try to put lore behind genes too.

@Morichinatsu

*gently tosses blankets and offers warm drinks* ;u; We appreciate you coming back to say hi~ I'm pretty anxious about interacting with a lot of people here, so I usually sit back and wait for a big ping or new monthly post to come back and say hello~

A good bio layout can be just the thing to get dragon lore moving again ;w; What kind of layout are you hoping for?

Ahh, thank you for the well-wishes <3 I hope the different formats get along so you can enjoy a template you're happy with ;w;

@Avanari

I think I started the story last fall semester? So it was somewhere between October-December. I don't think it's my best work, but thankfully, I have a very good fan who keeps asking for more chapters and making me write at a semi-consistent pace <3 ^^

Ahh, Not-Charles sounds like he's got a lot of good options ;u; And the more options the better when Opal is on the table. "Hey, look at all these vastly cheaper genes that look just as good or better!" As for names? Uhhh, *tosses a few random ideas* Saga, Gallatin, Aiko, Nikola, Valence, Taelar.

@Polymorphus

Low blood pressure people, UNITE- *noms on salty food* Oh wow, I did not know that fuzzy vision thing was caused by LBP. ;-; That explains so much... I think getting up and stretching periodically helps lessen that, because the longer I sit down, the worse it seems to be when I get up? That might be a temporary fix while doctors are figuring this stuff out ;-;

Ahh, that's awesome~ ;w; It sounds like you'd meet and help a lot of interesting people being a guide. I hope you have a good time on your new trail tomorrow ;u;

Oh wow- in that case, the spelling looks amazing on it~ I didn't realize phone writing had been going on so long, but I hope computer is just around the corner~ I really like Shell, to be honest... This might seem harsh on other writers, but I've never read about an interesting mermaid, before her? XD I love the face on the glass scene~ That's great~ And I second that alas- Human faces are really blegh to try and draw /-\ The coloring on her tail is amazing though? And so is the shading on her hair, and the eel? Did you draw that? ;-;

@LaraAelric

That sounds awesome~ ;~; Congrats on all of you guys' writing, and being able to have a comfy place for writers. 3k words is great! If it's all rambling, then it could be even more than that when it's cleaned up <3 *cheers you on in your next scene, and for your office chair!*

@VioletWhirlwind

*tosses blankets and hot chocolate and lots of fluffy pillows at* ;~; Make sure to get well soon. February is The Most Blegh(TM) month of the year for me. A birthday is one good thing in all that blegh though, even if you weren't feeling great for it *throws confetti lightly* Happy late Birthday~ <3 ;-;

*stalks off to go scold doctor's office about giving you that cold, now*

A gentle soul who likes to help new players. Also called Mawk.

@VioletWhirlwind oooh icky! get well soon, and happy belated birthday! @Petall aaaah thank you! i'm SUPER SUPER pleased with it lol. it's all over my FR tumblr too XD yeah i've missed hearing about other's lore too! especially lore more similar to mine, that's less plot-y and more "lemme tell u about what dis DRAGON did today", because i like that kind of lore a lot too! sometimes i just want slice of life, you know? there were some facets of my dragons that were so ingrained, all but phaedrus/kennet/ruairi/oriana have been with me for two years minimum, that they can no longer be separated no matter how i reboot. i am changing my progens history, so that they were never fae, but i liked having colette be a little anxious so she'll still be that way. i think the ones that will be changed the most (little to nothing kept from old lore) besides the new ones will actually be fiona and bird, two of my oldest. bird was never a lore dragon, as she's my... [i]special id[/i] dragon *cough*. and i never really got much for fiona besides just being a good fighter but otherwise being kinda chill. so now they'll have a bit more to them, as they were the most malleable of characters to begin with. which is good! they can fill some spaces that need filling. thanks! i found a pair that's in the white/grey range with golden secondaries and tertiaries, and they're the closest (and still WCs/coatls) to kennet while not being related, AND being bred so that i can like... get a baby lol. so i'm hoping for a dust WC female (the closest to obs the pair can do), preferably with metallic because it's #1 cheaper and #2 means less chances for what i don't want. wasp is so good, but metallic gives that blank slate look that i want for his accent! and absolutely! they'll be fire, breeding in my husband's lair. and whenever i get a new kennet this one will get renamed and he'll keep the pair. we have an arrangement with this sort of thing LOL. he keeps the pair for free, but then breeds the heckins out of it to sell me fodder XD that's what happened with my other hogwarts house pairs (i couldn't bear to exalt them, or my koi or crows). he doesn't care too much about what dragons he has, he just wants to breed fodder to make money to gene the g1s he has and likes (and breeds for fodder loool). yes, absolutely!! that makes 2 clans that mine will canonically know (the other is my roommate's, EmberlyFreya, because she owns ruairi's identical twin sister). @MawkishMuse they're so good! and i realized that the mWC accent from this past brighshine looks amazing on Dwyn (the cream boy) and now i'm SO UPSET that i didn't grab one. they're SO SO EXPENSIVE NOW. [img]https://i.gyazo.com/a9ac2863aa0d4d54e7c32515e811e169.png[/img] I MEAN. COME ON NOW. and yeah!!! it's a thing now! i'm super happy, and have been writing out little tidbits of her stuff since. i don't remember too much of it anymore besides the big points, but that's fine as i doubt it was super coherent anyway since it was a dream lol.
@VioletWhirlwind oooh icky! get well soon, and happy belated birthday!

@Petall aaaah thank you! i'm SUPER SUPER pleased with it lol. it's all over my FR tumblr too XD

yeah i've missed hearing about other's lore too! especially lore more similar to mine, that's less plot-y and more "lemme tell u about what dis DRAGON did today", because i like that kind of lore a lot too! sometimes i just want slice of life, you know?

there were some facets of my dragons that were so ingrained, all but phaedrus/kennet/ruairi/oriana have been with me for two years minimum, that they can no longer be separated no matter how i reboot. i am changing my progens history, so that they were never fae, but i liked having colette be a little anxious so she'll still be that way.

i think the ones that will be changed the most (little to nothing kept from old lore) besides the new ones will actually be fiona and bird, two of my oldest. bird was never a lore dragon, as she's my... special id dragon *cough*. and i never really got much for fiona besides just being a good fighter but otherwise being kinda chill. so now they'll have a bit more to them, as they were the most malleable of characters to begin with. which is good! they can fill some spaces that need filling.

thanks! i found a pair that's in the white/grey range with golden secondaries and tertiaries, and they're the closest (and still WCs/coatls) to kennet while not being related, AND being bred so that i can like... get a baby lol. so i'm hoping for a dust WC female (the closest to obs the pair can do), preferably with metallic because it's #1 cheaper and #2 means less chances for what i don't want. wasp is so good, but metallic gives that blank slate look that i want for his accent!

and absolutely! they'll be fire, breeding in my husband's lair. and whenever i get a new kennet this one will get renamed and he'll keep the pair. we have an arrangement with this sort of thing LOL. he keeps the pair for free, but then breeds the heckins out of it to sell me fodder XD that's what happened with my other hogwarts house pairs (i couldn't bear to exalt them, or my koi or crows). he doesn't care too much about what dragons he has, he just wants to breed fodder to make money to gene the g1s he has and likes (and breeds for fodder loool).

yes, absolutely!! that makes 2 clans that mine will canonically know (the other is my roommate's, EmberlyFreya, because she owns ruairi's identical twin sister).

@MawkishMuse they're so good! and i realized that the mWC accent from this past brighshine looks amazing on Dwyn (the cream boy) and now i'm SO UPSET that i didn't grab one. they're SO SO EXPENSIVE NOW.

a9ac2863aa0d4d54e7c32515e811e169.png

I MEAN. COME ON NOW.

and yeah!!! it's a thing now! i'm super happy, and have been writing out little tidbits of her stuff since. i don't remember too much of it anymore besides the big points, but that's fine as i doubt it was super coherent anyway since it was a dream lol.
GkfDmNh.png
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17