Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Dragon Writers of February!
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16 17
@MawkishMuse I thought the necromancer in my clan would get it, but she already has black skink, and a slate ghost on top just clashed horribly. My fire rep works with Ghost, but smoke just makes more sense with him haha. The only dragon I plan on giving it to is my eclipse male. I just scried him today and it doesn't look too bad, def a sight better than lace. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=126&bodygene=1&breed=8&element=8&gender=0&tert=27&tertgene=20&winggene=13&wings=136&auth=6d0abca220b58cbb1877e54d5a49cd9ab98c93a2&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
@MawkishMuse

I thought the necromancer in my clan would get it, but she already has black skink, and a slate ghost on top just clashed horribly. My fire rep works with Ghost, but smoke just makes more sense with him haha. The only dragon I plan on giving it to is my eclipse male. I just scried him today and it doesn't look too bad, def a sight better than lace.

dragon?age=1&body=126&bodygene=1&breed=8&element=8&gender=0&tert=27&tertgene=20&winggene=13&wings=136&auth=6d0abca220b58cbb1877e54d5a49cd9ab98c93a2&dummyext=prev.png
hANn2C0.gif
@Pachirisu
I don't mind grinding for Eliminates though. ;) I don't "need" them, but I think it's a fun goal to work on.
@Pachirisu
I don't mind grinding for Eliminates though. ;) I don't "need" them, but I think it's a fun goal to work on.
60Avnmu.png
QgilwX7.png Looking for colors or near miss:
—Mantis/Peacock/Peridot
—Ginger/Auburn/Sanguine
—Cerulean/Teal/Ice
—Periwinkle/Plum/Fuschia
@Serpenthyne oh for sure! i do eventually plan to replace all of the elemental slashes, or at least leave just one of each flight. but i felt so much relief when i realized that i didn't need them right now. part of it is just because my wrists don't appreciate the coli too much!

it's def a noble goal, though, and i'll be right behind you on that quest soon enough i'm sure.
@Serpenthyne oh for sure! i do eventually plan to replace all of the elemental slashes, or at least leave just one of each flight. but i felt so much relief when i realized that i didn't need them right now. part of it is just because my wrists don't appreciate the coli too much!

it's def a noble goal, though, and i'll be right behind you on that quest soon enough i'm sure.
GkfDmNh.png
Once the Coli gets those new keyboard controls I might be back in business. Especially if they change it so you can advance to the next battle without needing to mouse click.
Once the Coli gets those new keyboard controls I might be back in business. Especially if they change it so you can advance to the next battle without needing to mouse click.
60Avnmu.png
QgilwX7.png Looking for colors or near miss:
—Mantis/Peacock/Peridot
—Ginger/Auburn/Sanguine
—Cerulean/Teal/Ice
—Periwinkle/Plum/Fuschia
[quote name="Serpenthyne" date="2018-02-16 14:35:33" ] Once the Coli gets those new keyboard controls I might be back in business. Especially if they change it so you can advance to the next battle without needing to mouse click. [/quote] YES! i'm hoping they do that because it'll be great.
Serpenthyne wrote on 2018-02-16 14:35:33:

YES! i'm hoping they do that because it'll be great.
GkfDmNh.png
@MawkishMuse

My clan is now going to be a sort of port town for airships and water ships (though mostly centered around airships as it is a wind clan). I've realized that I really really like old style boats and that's where my aesthetic lies, so I want my clan to reflect that. I also like the idea of my clan being a welcoming place for dragons of all backgrounds. Out if my old lore, I'm still deciding how much of it is canon to my new lore, but I know that my progens started this new clan after returning from spending some time in service to the Windsinger, finding it their duty to provide a safe resting point for weary travelers.

I'm thinking most of the clan lives in and around a tall tower that either is made of stone, or is very much like the setting of the bathhouse in Spirited Away in terms of appearance. I haven't fully decided. Around the tower are floating platforms and whatnot, and near the base of the tower is a grove of cherry blossom trees. The clan itself is situated on the cliffs of the Windswept Plateau overlooking the Sea of a Thousand Currents.

Right now I'm still developing plot for my lore. It's a relatively peaceful clan, but I do have some dragons who might like stir up trouble every now and again, like a pearlcatcher necromancer born of a manipulative affair and an overdramatic ex-princess who disowned her family and now bears a grudge against her sister and her sister's descendants after her parents made her sister the heir to the throne instead of her. I also could write about the adventures of my dragons, as many of them either own ships, are part of a crew of a ship, or regularly take trips on outgoing ships.

And as for ghost, I don't have any plans yet, it doesn't really suit any of my dragons that I've tried it on. I do plan on eventually buying a dragon with ghost though! Do you have any ghost plans?

@Pachirisu

Thank you!!! What was your lore reboot like??? What is your lore like now?
@MawkishMuse

My clan is now going to be a sort of port town for airships and water ships (though mostly centered around airships as it is a wind clan). I've realized that I really really like old style boats and that's where my aesthetic lies, so I want my clan to reflect that. I also like the idea of my clan being a welcoming place for dragons of all backgrounds. Out if my old lore, I'm still deciding how much of it is canon to my new lore, but I know that my progens started this new clan after returning from spending some time in service to the Windsinger, finding it their duty to provide a safe resting point for weary travelers.

I'm thinking most of the clan lives in and around a tall tower that either is made of stone, or is very much like the setting of the bathhouse in Spirited Away in terms of appearance. I haven't fully decided. Around the tower are floating platforms and whatnot, and near the base of the tower is a grove of cherry blossom trees. The clan itself is situated on the cliffs of the Windswept Plateau overlooking the Sea of a Thousand Currents.

Right now I'm still developing plot for my lore. It's a relatively peaceful clan, but I do have some dragons who might like stir up trouble every now and again, like a pearlcatcher necromancer born of a manipulative affair and an overdramatic ex-princess who disowned her family and now bears a grudge against her sister and her sister's descendants after her parents made her sister the heir to the throne instead of her. I also could write about the adventures of my dragons, as many of them either own ships, are part of a crew of a ship, or regularly take trips on outgoing ships.

And as for ghost, I don't have any plans yet, it doesn't really suit any of my dragons that I've tried it on. I do plan on eventually buying a dragon with ghost though! Do you have any ghost plans?

@Pachirisu

Thank you!!! What was your lore reboot like??? What is your lore like now?
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Haha hello again, everyone! It's been an extremely long time since I've posted in one of these. Unfortunately I've been struggling with being able to focus on reading big posts, and fighting my social anxiety, since finishing school, so I've just been avoiding the forums almost completely for about a year now. I'm trying to get back into it, though.

Sadly there has been just about no writing from me as far as lore, either, so I don't have much to show for the time I've been away.
I am, however, trying to build up a new bio layout and I'm really hoping that it will help encourage me to start writing for my dragons. The layout is disappointingly bare right now and I'm struggling with working on it since there are several aspects I love from my previous two layouts, but they would look really odd trying to fit them together and somehow make them work with my latest layout attempt, as well.

Hopefully some day soon I will be able to show off a finalized template and fleshed out bio! I'm very eager to be able to share again and hopefully further my writing skills.
I hope you all have been well! <3
Haha hello again, everyone! It's been an extremely long time since I've posted in one of these. Unfortunately I've been struggling with being able to focus on reading big posts, and fighting my social anxiety, since finishing school, so I've just been avoiding the forums almost completely for about a year now. I'm trying to get back into it, though.

Sadly there has been just about no writing from me as far as lore, either, so I don't have much to show for the time I've been away.
I am, however, trying to build up a new bio layout and I'm really hoping that it will help encourage me to start writing for my dragons. The layout is disappointingly bare right now and I'm struggling with working on it since there are several aspects I love from my previous two layouts, but they would look really odd trying to fit them together and somehow make them work with my latest layout attempt, as well.

Hopefully some day soon I will be able to show off a finalized template and fleshed out bio! I'm very eager to be able to share again and hopefully further my writing skills.
I hope you all have been well! <3
*~*~*~*~*
Previously
Morichinatsu
*~*~*~*~*
FBJNgPs.png 8eLgwHU.png tuKAvP2.png 8a4I5lk.png FBJNgPs.png
I
VlDJnIY.png
polar
bears
and
jmrzRk7.pngs
@MawkishMuse
That's good. I don't know the last time I even got close to 60k words in that amount of time!

As for names just not normal human names. I only have 'Charles' since he came with that name. xD I'm torn between crackle, gembond, okapi, smirch, smoke, spines, and thylacine. Opal would look okay too but the other's look better. xD

*debates to either post trash fanfiction here for you to read or to send it via pm's to hide it from other people*
@MawkishMuse
That's good. I don't know the last time I even got close to 60k words in that amount of time!

As for names just not normal human names. I only have 'Charles' since he came with that name. xD I'm torn between crackle, gembond, okapi, smirch, smoke, spines, and thylacine. Opal would look okay too but the other's look better. xD

*debates to either post trash fanfiction here for you to read or to send it via pm's to hide it from other people*
@Petall (your clan symbol is so cute btw!!)

i don't have too much lore now yet, but previously it was sort of just "these dragons live in this clan and sometimes dragons who want to be exalted come here to train and these other dragons live here and don't really do anything", and it wasn't any fun LOL

now though i decided they'd run an inn (i do like to occasionally have lore reasons for RLFR stuff, but i don't always feel like i need RLFR stuff to match lore i've written. it's a one-way street, basically LOL), but with an entertainment aspect a bit like Las Vegas shows. only much smaller scale.

i don't really have much "plot" or anything, but i may develop some as i go through the background and build up to "now". there are little things like how my progens met and how the inn was started and how a few members joined, but other than that it's more like little facts or snippets of scenes.

but overall i'm really enjoying the new life being breathed into my time on FR, and have spent more time actually playing or writing about FR the past month or so than i have in the year before it.
@Petall (your clan symbol is so cute btw!!)

i don't have too much lore now yet, but previously it was sort of just "these dragons live in this clan and sometimes dragons who want to be exalted come here to train and these other dragons live here and don't really do anything", and it wasn't any fun LOL

now though i decided they'd run an inn (i do like to occasionally have lore reasons for RLFR stuff, but i don't always feel like i need RLFR stuff to match lore i've written. it's a one-way street, basically LOL), but with an entertainment aspect a bit like Las Vegas shows. only much smaller scale.

i don't really have much "plot" or anything, but i may develop some as i go through the background and build up to "now". there are little things like how my progens met and how the inn was started and how a few members joined, but other than that it's more like little facts or snippets of scenes.

but overall i'm really enjoying the new life being breathed into my time on FR, and have spent more time actually playing or writing about FR the past month or so than i have in the year before it.
GkfDmNh.png
@Morichinatsu i hope you can show the layout soon! i love looking at bio layouts. they always give me some inspiration for my own!
@Morichinatsu i hope you can show the layout soon! i love looking at bio layouts. they always give me some inspiration for my own!
GkfDmNh.png
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16 17