Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Migrants from Oakrest
1 2 ... 767 768 769 770 771 ... 1584 1585
Any chance you could get into a doctor or physical therapist to get another opinion on it?
Any chance you could get into a doctor or physical therapist to get another opinion on it?
Ssnjyqq.pngGqCYo3Z.pngMjhcEqa.png0DjJJeq.pnggbzmCjn.pnggLKyC1J.pngC4p7R9l.pngV2CeOLQ.pngeQ6UJL0.png ICOy8Af.png
I am making another appointment (it's been two years) to get it looked at again. Doctors don't like listening to 16 year Olds with knee pain
I am making another appointment (it's been two years) to get it looked at again. Doctors don't like listening to 16 year Olds with knee pain
Maevely
jMfomZU.png ________________ ________________
nZDKsIn.png
WvEXipG.png
hzM3Sr2.png
H0t7Ypl.png
I agree with Sal about the second opinion thing, if it's causing you so much pain it might need more attention then they think.
I agree with Sal about the second opinion thing, if it's causing you so much pain it might need more attention then they think.
5M41Txb.png 5u7Rre4.png
You'd think they'd be used to it though because sports injuries and the like. :/
You'd think they'd be used to it though because sports injuries and the like. :/
Ssnjyqq.pngGqCYo3Z.pngMjhcEqa.png0DjJJeq.pnggbzmCjn.pnggLKyC1J.pngC4p7R9l.pngV2CeOLQ.pngeQ6UJL0.png ICOy8Af.png
To anyone just joining: Please go back to the front page and read the Prologue first or go back to [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2111068/757#post_28736230]Chapter 1[/url] if you haven't read it yet! :3 Hey, everyone! Sorry for the wait, but here's Chapter 2 of Darkness Rising! ^^ (Sorry, Stream; I couldn't get to Devastation just yet, but he might appear next chapter? Depends on how it goes~) Anyways, this Chapter we meet two new Dragons, and sorry for any OOCness once again, I tried really hard. ^^;; Dragons: Ruby, Odysseus, Otiven, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=193878&tab=dragon&did=20464433]Bone[/url], [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=193878&tab=dragon&did=20413609]Marrow[/url] [quote=Chapter 2]“So, you’re telling me that music box is full of [i]magic[/i]?” Otiven asked. Ruby nodded assuredly as she walked next to him, Silvy again on her shoulder. Dolan strode along next to the Snapper while Odysseus hung back a bit, studying the small box in his claws. They were now walking through the Ashfall Waste, Otiven leading them the way to the Sea of a Thousand Currents so they can catch a ship back to the Sunbeam Ruins. [i]If it IS imbued with magic, it’s not working now[/i], Odysseus silently quipped. For about the last hour or so, he’s been studying the music box every way he can think of to get it to work, but to no avail. He even tried touching the strange medallion-like button in the center as Ruby had described she did, but it didn’t do anything. [i]I doubt this is even a music box; what music box doesn’t play music?[/i] He pondered, again turning it upside down to study the strange inscription on the bottom. [i]If only I had a magnifying glass to see this better…[/i] He sighed, knowing there was no point in thinking about it as he put the box into his coat pocket. He again studied the surroundings, ignoring Ruby and Otiven chatting in front of him, all the while wondering why this had to happen. [i]Of course Ruby found some strange, cursed music box lying about in her room; when we get back I swear I will go through it all myself and store the more dangerous items in a cave somewhere[/i], he thought unhappily, slightly feeling a bit remorseful when he thought about Hadrian.[i] He’s no doubt wondering where we went; knowing him he’s probably heading a search party[/i], he thought with a smile. “Odysseus!” Ruby’s voice snapped the Tundra from his thoughts, and it was then he realized he was lagging behind. Quickening his pace, he resumed walking behind them, except this time with the Nocturne giving him concerned glances. Knowing she wasn’t going to get an explanation from him directly, she turned back to Otiven who was happily chatting away. “But yup, our Clan’s take on magic is… strange? Kind of like the leaders all think or at least pretend it doesn’t exist, and while most of the Clan is aware of it’s existence it’s very taboo to talk about it. Really, it’s been causing a lot tension lately,” he explained, and Ruby nodded, listening closely. Seeing him a bit down at the last bit, she immediately cut in. “Hey, how about we play a game while we go on?” She suggested, jumping ahead of them and looking back. The two Dragons and familiars stopped, giving her mixed expressions. “A game? What kind of game?” Odysseus asked, stepping forward next to the Snapper who also seemed to share the same thought. Ruby gave him a bit grin which she directed at Otiven. “Well, we have a master bard with us; why not a story game?” She suggested, glancing at the two of them. The Snapper brightened instantly while the Tundra frowned even more. “A story game? What kind of game-” But he was cut off when Otiven let a hearty laugh, his grin back at it’s fullest. “That sounds like a great idea! What type of story game were you thinking of?” He asked, giving a mischievous smile that Ruby easily returned, glancing over at her less than pleased companion. “I was thinking the sentence game! It’s where we each say the next sentence to a story; I’ll start.” She closed her eyes for a moment before glancing at Doran and then at Odysseus. “Ooh, how about this! ‘Odysseus and Doran were walking through the woods one day when they realized they were lost!’ I think that’s a good start, don’t you?” She said, giggling slightly when she saw the Tundra’s face. “I think that’s a great start!” He said with a laugh which earned him a whack from the Longneck’s staff, but he simply grinned wider. “Now, I think the next part should go like this…” [center]0o0o0[/center] “Has it gotten cooler?” Odysseus remarked, looking around. They’ve been walking for a long while now, and according to Doran and Otiven it was now nearing nightfall. As the walked, Odysseus and Otiven ate some of the few more edible plants while Ruby and Silvy ‘hunted’ which involved chasing after every insect they came upon, most of the time ending with the two covered in ash. The Snapper looked back with a nod, also taking a look around; there were many more trees than lava pools now, the soil now rocky hard instead of the searing warmth from earlier. “We’re about halfway to the border between the Ashfall Waste and the Sea of a Thousand Currents,” he explained as he stepped aside to allow Ruby to bound off to their right. The Nocturne was looking every which way, somehow almost never seeming to run out of energy even after an entire day of walking through such a hot place. The Light Dragon simply seemed to be enjoying herself, playing tag with Silvy and picking up random things from the ground and sticking them into her bag ‘for her collection’ as she says. “Ruby, this may be all new and fascinating, but can’t you sit still for a moment?” Odysseus said with exasperation. The Nocturne looked back with confusion in her eyes. She was holding two pieces of burnt bark in her hands, seeming to have a hard time choosing one. As she walked back over to them she stuck both in her bag, not paying attention to the fact she was now covered in ash and soot. “What do you mean? We’re walking, so how can I sit still?” She asked in blissful ignorance. Odysseus sighed heavily, not wanting to start that conversation as he was fully aware it would not end well. Luckily for both the Tundra’s sanity and Ruby’s confusion, Otiven stepped in. “How about I tell you two a tale? I’m often told I’m pretty good at it,” he said with a bit of pride showing through, puffing out his chest in exaggeration. Odysseus gave him a skeptical look while Ruby instantly brightened. “I love stories! What kind of story?” She asked, her eyes wide like an excited hatchling. The Snapper chuckled at her excitement before gaining a thoughtful look. He glanced back at the Tundra who again had taken out the music box to study it, and then grinned widely at the Nocturne. “How about: ‘The Tale of the Noble Tundra’; it’s got a nice ring to it, huh?” He said with a wink, glancing back at Odysseus. Though he tried to hide it, the Wind Dragon couldn’t help but twitch his ears and tune in while pretending to continue to study the box, and Doran rolled his eyes at the Tundra’s reaction. They spent the rest of the evening listening as Otiven spun a fantastic tale of a Tundra that not only crossed the entirety of Sornieth to find an impossible a cure for his beloved, but also help save all of the Dragons of Sornieth from a breakout of a terrible, experimental disease that escaped the labs of the Scarred Wasteland, killing millions. Ruby would sometimes ask questions, but surprisingly stayed quiet most of the time, both she and Silvy captivated by the tale. Odysseus, though he continued to study the music box, listened in as well, but stayed quiet. And so, the five of them, the three Dragons and the two Familiars, continued on with till nightfall where they camped by the lava pools. [center]0o0o0[/center] “Hey, Marrow?” Bone asked, staring at the device in front of them. The two Skydancers were working away into the nights with their less than safe experiments, and they were now working with some new equipment that got shipped in from the Shifting Expanse; a graphing machine that can graph the amount of Flight Power in every living thing, from how much Light a Dragon has to how much Plague, or Shadow, and every other Flight, all in neat percentages. They’ve been using it all day, measuring the Flight Power in just about everything they come across, creating mixtures to have the perfect amount of a certain Flight Power and the such. But now, Bone noticed something unusual. “What is it? Did you break the Flight Grapher already?” She said, giving him an accusing look. She was then at that moment trying to create a mixture that was at least fifty percent Shadow using some native plants while also trying to strain out the Ice percentage to zero using a variety of mixes. “There’s a strange reading on the machine; it’s almost like Shadow or maybe Plague, but something’s very… strange,” he repeated for a lack of a better word. Marrow lifted an eyebrow at her partner before setting down her mixtures and walking over to him, lifting her goggles for a better look. Bone pointed at the screen that acted as a color-graph, mapping the percentages of Flight in each color; Shadow was dark purple, Light was yellow, Nature was green, Arcane was magenta, and so on. But now, the color that strangely expanded across the screen, overtaking the rainbow-like display, gave Marrow a chill, a sense of deep foreboding… “That is strange; are you sure you analyzed the mixture correctly?” She asked, glancing at over at the other Skydancer. Bone began to nod before pausing, and then shook his head. “I did it correctly, but I didn’t use a mixture,” he stated. Marrow frowned, about to ask what he meant when he lifted up a basket of some fungi they picked earlier for their experiments; the mushrooms glowed a variety of colors, and they seemed completely normal. Concerned that they might be contaminated, Marrow immediately picked a group of them up with her gloved claws, bringing them over to one of the tables. “Did they come into contact with the fungi we ordered from the other regions?” She asked, not looking up as she brought out one of the microscopes. Bone again shook his head, but he didn’t need to answer as she knew the answers; she was the one who looked over them all when they first brought them. A silence came over the usually chatty duo as Marrow focused in on the spore of the mushrooms, but as they came into focus she heard a gasp. “What-” She began, immediately looking up from the microscope at her companion. Bone didn’t say a word as he looked at the table next to her, his eyes wide with horror. When Marrow turned and saw, her heart all but skipped a beat at the sight. “We need to tell the others,” Marrow said as the two Skydancers locked eyes for only a moment before looking back at the box.[/quote] Sorry for the REALLY abrupt ending with the trio, but I didn't want to overwrite what basically became a filler (I didn't mean to write it, it just happened. >.<), but anyways next chapter we get more stuff! And I hope the part with Marrow and Bone worked out? :P Anyways, let me know what you think! ^^ Notes: 1) I don't mean any badness with the Plague Flight when Otiven told his tale, really! 2) Hadrian is Odysseus' second-in-command navigator and also his mate. 3) I tried my best with the graphing machine, I honestly felt weird directly calling it 'Flight Power' but I could think of a better word for it. XP
To anyone just joining: Please go back to the front page and read the Prologue first or go back to Chapter 1 if you haven't read it yet! :3

Hey, everyone! Sorry for the wait, but here's Chapter 2 of Darkness Rising! ^^ (Sorry, Stream; I couldn't get to Devastation just yet, but he might appear next chapter? Depends on how it goes~)

Anyways, this Chapter we meet two new Dragons, and sorry for any OOCness once again, I tried really hard. ^^;;

Dragons: Ruby, Odysseus, Otiven, Bone, Marrow
Chapter 2 wrote:
“So, you’re telling me that music box is full of magic?” Otiven asked. Ruby nodded assuredly as she walked next to him, Silvy again on her shoulder. Dolan strode along next to the Snapper while Odysseus hung back a bit, studying the small box in his claws. They were now walking through the Ashfall Waste, Otiven leading them the way to the Sea of a Thousand Currents so they can catch a ship back to the Sunbeam Ruins.

If it IS imbued with magic, it’s not working now, Odysseus silently quipped. For about the last hour or so, he’s been studying the music box every way he can think of to get it to work, but to no avail. He even tried touching the strange medallion-like button in the center as Ruby had described she did, but it didn’t do anything. I doubt this is even a music box; what music box doesn’t play music? He pondered, again turning it upside down to study the strange inscription on the bottom.

If only I had a magnifying glass to see this better… He sighed, knowing there was no point in thinking about it as he put the box into his coat pocket. He again studied the surroundings, ignoring Ruby and Otiven chatting in front of him, all the while wondering why this had to happen. Of course Ruby found some strange, cursed music box lying about in her room; when we get back I swear I will go through it all myself and store the more dangerous items in a cave somewhere, he thought unhappily, slightly feeling a bit remorseful when he thought about Hadrian. He’s no doubt wondering where we went; knowing him he’s probably heading a search party, he thought with a smile.

“Odysseus!” Ruby’s voice snapped the Tundra from his thoughts, and it was then he realized he was lagging behind. Quickening his pace, he resumed walking behind them, except this time with the Nocturne giving him concerned glances. Knowing she wasn’t going to get an explanation from him directly, she turned back to Otiven who was happily chatting away.

“But yup, our Clan’s take on magic is… strange? Kind of like the leaders all think or at least pretend it doesn’t exist, and while most of the Clan is aware of it’s existence it’s very taboo to talk about it. Really, it’s been causing a lot tension lately,” he explained, and Ruby nodded, listening closely. Seeing him a bit down at the last bit, she immediately cut in.

“Hey, how about we play a game while we go on?” She suggested, jumping ahead of them and looking back. The two Dragons and familiars stopped, giving her mixed expressions.

“A game? What kind of game?” Odysseus asked, stepping forward next to the Snapper who also seemed to share the same thought. Ruby gave him a bit grin which she directed at Otiven.

“Well, we have a master bard with us; why not a story game?” She suggested, glancing at the two of them. The Snapper brightened instantly while the Tundra frowned even more.

“A story game? What kind of game-” But he was cut off when Otiven let a hearty laugh, his grin back at it’s fullest.

“That sounds like a great idea! What type of story game were you thinking of?” He asked, giving a mischievous smile that Ruby easily returned, glancing over at her less than pleased companion.

“I was thinking the sentence game! It’s where we each say the next sentence to a story; I’ll start.” She closed her eyes for a moment before glancing at Doran and then at Odysseus. “Ooh, how about this! ‘Odysseus and Doran were walking through the woods one day when they realized they were lost!’ I think that’s a good start, don’t you?” She said, giggling slightly when she saw the Tundra’s face.

“I think that’s a great start!” He said with a laugh which earned him a whack from the Longneck’s staff, but he simply grinned wider. “Now, I think the next part should go like this…”

0o0o0

“Has it gotten cooler?” Odysseus remarked, looking around. They’ve been walking for a long while now, and according to Doran and Otiven it was now nearing nightfall. As the walked, Odysseus and Otiven ate some of the few more edible plants while Ruby and Silvy ‘hunted’ which involved chasing after every insect they came upon, most of the time ending with the two covered in ash. The Snapper looked back with a nod, also taking a look around; there were many more trees than lava pools now, the soil now rocky hard instead of the searing warmth from earlier.

“We’re about halfway to the border between the Ashfall Waste and the Sea of a Thousand Currents,” he explained as he stepped aside to allow Ruby to bound off to their right. The Nocturne was looking every which way, somehow almost never seeming to run out of energy even after an entire day of walking through such a hot place. The Light Dragon simply seemed to be enjoying herself, playing tag with Silvy and picking up random things from the ground and sticking them into her bag ‘for her collection’ as she says.

“Ruby, this may be all new and fascinating, but can’t you sit still for a moment?” Odysseus said with exasperation. The Nocturne looked back with confusion in her eyes. She was holding two pieces of burnt bark in her hands, seeming to have a hard time choosing one. As she walked back over to them she stuck both in her bag, not paying attention to the fact she was now covered in ash and soot.

“What do you mean? We’re walking, so how can I sit still?” She asked in blissful ignorance. Odysseus sighed heavily, not wanting to start that conversation as he was fully aware it would not end well. Luckily for both the Tundra’s sanity and Ruby’s confusion, Otiven stepped in.

“How about I tell you two a tale? I’m often told I’m pretty good at it,” he said with a bit of pride showing through, puffing out his chest in exaggeration. Odysseus gave him a skeptical look while Ruby instantly brightened.

“I love stories! What kind of story?” She asked, her eyes wide like an excited hatchling. The Snapper chuckled at her excitement before gaining a thoughtful look. He glanced back at the Tundra who again had taken out the music box to study it, and then grinned widely at the Nocturne.

“How about: ‘The Tale of the Noble Tundra’; it’s got a nice ring to it, huh?” He said with a wink, glancing back at Odysseus. Though he tried to hide it, the Wind Dragon couldn’t help but twitch his ears and tune in while pretending to continue to study the box, and Doran rolled his eyes at the Tundra’s reaction.

They spent the rest of the evening listening as Otiven spun a fantastic tale of a Tundra that not only crossed the entirety of Sornieth to find an impossible a cure for his beloved, but also help save all of the Dragons of Sornieth from a breakout of a terrible, experimental disease that escaped the labs of the Scarred Wasteland, killing millions. Ruby would sometimes ask questions, but surprisingly stayed quiet most of the time, both she and Silvy captivated by the tale. Odysseus, though he continued to study the music box, listened in as well, but stayed quiet. And so, the five of them, the three Dragons and the two Familiars, continued on with till nightfall where they camped by the lava pools.

0o0o0

“Hey, Marrow?” Bone asked, staring at the device in front of them. The two Skydancers were working away into the nights with their less than safe experiments, and they were now working with some new equipment that got shipped in from the Shifting Expanse; a graphing machine that can graph the amount of Flight Power in every living thing, from how much Light a Dragon has to how much Plague, or Shadow, and every other Flight, all in neat percentages. They’ve been using it all day, measuring the Flight Power in just about everything they come across, creating mixtures to have the perfect amount of a certain Flight Power and the such. But now, Bone noticed something unusual.

“What is it? Did you break the Flight Grapher already?” She said, giving him an accusing look. She was then at that moment trying to create a mixture that was at least fifty percent Shadow using some native plants while also trying to strain out the Ice percentage to zero using a variety of mixes.

“There’s a strange reading on the machine; it’s almost like Shadow or maybe Plague, but something’s very… strange,” he repeated for a lack of a better word. Marrow lifted an eyebrow at her partner before setting down her mixtures and walking over to him, lifting her goggles for a better look. Bone pointed at the screen that acted as a color-graph, mapping the percentages of Flight in each color; Shadow was dark purple, Light was yellow, Nature was green, Arcane was magenta, and so on. But now, the color that strangely expanded across the screen, overtaking the rainbow-like display, gave Marrow a chill, a sense of deep foreboding…

“That is strange; are you sure you analyzed the mixture correctly?” She asked, glancing at over at the other Skydancer. Bone began to nod before pausing, and then shook his head.

“I did it correctly, but I didn’t use a mixture,” he stated. Marrow frowned, about to ask what he meant when he lifted up a basket of some fungi they picked earlier for their experiments; the mushrooms glowed a variety of colors, and they seemed completely normal. Concerned that they might be contaminated, Marrow immediately picked a group of them up with her gloved claws, bringing them over to one of the tables.

“Did they come into contact with the fungi we ordered from the other regions?” She asked, not looking up as she brought out one of the microscopes. Bone again shook his head, but he didn’t need to answer as she knew the answers; she was the one who looked over them all when they first brought them. A silence came over the usually chatty duo as Marrow focused in on the spore of the mushrooms, but as they came into focus she heard a gasp.

“What-” She began, immediately looking up from the microscope at her companion. Bone didn’t say a word as he looked at the table next to her, his eyes wide with horror. When Marrow turned and saw, her heart all but skipped a beat at the sight.

“We need to tell the others,” Marrow said as the two Skydancers locked eyes for only a moment before looking back at the box.

Sorry for the REALLY abrupt ending with the trio, but I didn't want to overwrite what basically became a filler (I didn't mean to write it, it just happened. >.<), but anyways next chapter we get more stuff! And I hope the part with Marrow and Bone worked out? :P

Anyways, let me know what you think! ^^

Notes: 1) I don't mean any badness with the Plague Flight when Otiven told his tale, really! 2) Hadrian is Odysseus' second-in-command navigator and also his mate. 3) I tried my best with the graphing machine, I honestly felt weird directly calling it 'Flight Power' but I could think of a better word for it. XP
U4Cs8mx.gif
|| He/She/They | FRT+3 | INFP | Demi x3 | Lore Clan | Eternal Acolight ||
floating_hearts_demiromantic_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz7.giffloating_hearts_demigirl_by_awesomewaffle11-dczoifg.giffloating_hearts_demisexual_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz2.gif
Well its not a sports injury. They said the the growth plates in my knee had like a 50% chance of fixing it, and they basically are trying to avoid surgery, which I understand. But there's a point where the "we just need to strengthen it" begins to get tiring. The physical therapy worked for a time, but it got worse and worse. Its also hard to get doctors to understand that I don't want pills, I want help Edit: Sara you have blessed us with your glorious story skills once again. I LOVE IT [img]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/914hfT-%2BhqL._AC_UL320_SR192,320_.jpg[/img] This is my knee brace
Well its not a sports injury. They said the the growth plates in my knee had like a 50% chance of fixing it, and they basically are trying to avoid surgery, which I understand. But there's a point where the "we just need to strengthen it" begins to get tiring. The physical therapy worked for a time, but it got worse and worse. Its also hard to get doctors to understand that I don't want *****, I want help

Edit: Sara you have blessed us with your glorious story skills once again. I LOVE IT

914hfT-%2BhqL._AC_UL320_SR192,320_.jpg
This is my knee brace
Maevely
jMfomZU.png ________________ ________________
nZDKsIn.png
WvEXipG.png
hzM3Sr2.png
H0t7Ypl.png
@/Stream
Really? I hope your knee turns out okay! <3

(And thanks, though after reading it I realized just the number of mistakes I made and probably should have reread it before hand; I'll fix them in a moment but still. XD)
@/Stream
Really? I hope your knee turns out okay! <3

(And thanks, though after reading it I realized just the number of mistakes I made and probably should have reread it before hand; I'll fix them in a moment but still. XD)
U4Cs8mx.gif
floating_hearts_demiromantic_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz7.giffloating_hearts_demigirl_by_awesomewaffle11-dczoifg.giffloating_hearts_demisexual_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz2.gif
Sara - The lore god has given us yet another gift!

Stream - I too hope something can be done to help you knre or better yet, it it really did get better on itself.
Sara - The lore god has given us yet another gift!

Stream - I too hope something can be done to help you knre or better yet, it it really did get better on itself.
5M41Txb.png 5u7Rre4.png
Goodness, so much story (and stories within stories)!

I didn't figure it was, Whisper - I just guessed that doctors would be used to treating at least some people your age for knee problems thanks to sports, but I suppose I can see where they'd prefer to avoid surgery if possible. I hope they can figure something to help you that's not just more *****/therapy.
Goodness, so much story (and stories within stories)!

I didn't figure it was, Whisper - I just guessed that doctors would be used to treating at least some people your age for knee problems thanks to sports, but I suppose I can see where they'd prefer to avoid surgery if possible. I hope they can figure something to help you that's not just more *****/therapy.
@/CF @/Sal
I don't know about all that, but thanks! I tried, and it's fun. ^^

Stream - And I agree, but at that point surgery would be the best option simply to get it done and over with, which is what happened with my brother's own knee when he injured it, and even though you still have to take *****/therapy afterwards, it's much better since it ends much faster than a continuous line of new medicines/therapies to try out. :P
@/CF @/Sal
I don't know about all that, but thanks! I tried, and it's fun. ^^

Stream - And I agree, but at that point surgery would be the best option simply to get it done and over with, which is what happened with my brother's own knee when he injured it, and even though you still have to take *****/therapy afterwards, it's much better since it ends much faster than a continuous line of new medicines/therapies to try out. :P
U4Cs8mx.gif
1 2 ... 767 768 769 770 771 ... 1584 1585