Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Migrants from Oakrest
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 1584 1585
OH MAN I WISH I KNEW!?!?

But you guys inspire ME! Every one of you who takes in one of my Oakrest kids and expands their lore a little more TOTALLY makes me want to write MORE stories that lay groundwork for others to integrate into their own stories and lairs.

I love wandering around and learning about the magnificent characters everyone has (and I TOTALLY read more than just my kids when I can). I always feel like I'm setting up a mirror to reflect back the brilliance of other writers and storytellers, and every time you guys expand on what I slapped in a kid's bio, it's like you're lighting a candle or focusing a beam.

It's freaking marvelous!
OH MAN I WISH I KNEW!?!?

But you guys inspire ME! Every one of you who takes in one of my Oakrest kids and expands their lore a little more TOTALLY makes me want to write MORE stories that lay groundwork for others to integrate into their own stories and lairs.

I love wandering around and learning about the magnificent characters everyone has (and I TOTALLY read more than just my kids when I can). I always feel like I'm setting up a mirror to reflect back the brilliance of other writers and storytellers, and every time you guys expand on what I slapped in a kid's bio, it's like you're lighting a candle or focusing a beam.

It's freaking marvelous!
screams Oh, yeah, I should show you all the thing that I showed ixris. These are all of our kids scried as female imperials with their mom's genes. Mom is the first one on the left. [img]http://i.imgur.com/Bv8Wde0.png[/img]
screams

Oh, yeah, I should show you all the thing that I showed ixris.

These are all of our kids scried as female imperials with their mom's genes. Mom is the first one on the left.

Bv8Wde0.png
otQd63W.png
Also some people do the whole gijinka thing where their dragons can shift into humans???
I don't know if I should do that.
But I totally would do that.
BUT HOW DOES IT FIT.
Also some people do the whole gijinka thing where their dragons can shift into humans???
I don't know if I should do that.
But I totally would do that.
BUT HOW DOES IT FIT.
otQd63W.png
I don't really think of gijinkas as 'shapeshifter dragons' I just think of them as 'another way to draw the character.' Kind of like the 90s animu "Wolf's Rain" was about wolves but people but still wolves???? (I am WAY better at drawing people than dragons, and this way, I can still draw my dragons! :D YAY!)
I don't really think of gijinkas as 'shapeshifter dragons' I just think of them as 'another way to draw the character.' Kind of like the 90s animu "Wolf's Rain" was about wolves but people but still wolves???? (I am WAY better at drawing people than dragons, and this way, I can still draw my dragons! :D YAY!)
ixris- I'm glad you like it :> I think my idea for my lore layout is a pseudo-journal/story/history book deal. I wanted the backstory you wrote them to really stand out so it didn't just blend in at the bottom.

Eulerian, I love them all as female Imperials. Boniface is so green and blue! As far as gijinkas go, I've drawn some of my dragons as humans but I don't really have anything built around them actually turning into humans haha. I don't know how that would play out.
ixris- I'm glad you like it :> I think my idea for my lore layout is a pseudo-journal/story/history book deal. I wanted the backstory you wrote them to really stand out so it didn't just blend in at the bottom.

Eulerian, I love them all as female Imperials. Boniface is so green and blue! As far as gijinkas go, I've drawn some of my dragons as humans but I don't really have anything built around them actually turning into humans haha. I don't know how that would play out.
Haha, yeah, I can't really find a way to fit it in. DRAGONS FOREVER THEN... (But omg I love gijinka art, too.) nrggh I am writing violence now. This is hard. Also concerning kids (more stuff that is repeat for you, ixris): I'm going to buy Melchior an iridescent someday so he will look more like Shula even if it's all covered by clothes. I DON'T CARE. THE FEELING REMAINS. Also I am doing a breeding project right now for an imperial with Shula's colors. She will be totally unrelated to the kids and might never even interact with them. BUT I WILL KNOW. I WILL KNOW AND KEEP HER AROUND FOR THAT FEELING OF TRAGEDY. ... Yeep, I kind of went crazy. Instead of Shula's Iri - Shim - Spines, though, my goal will be there: [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=56&bodygene=11&breed=8&element=11&gender=1&tert=9&tertgene=10&winggene=13&wings=48&auth=2685de206eb53f34316d539108c31e949c3d9178&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Also I am already trying to find a mate for Melchior BUT NOBODY IS GOOD ENOUGH. THEY MUST BE PERFECT sobs
Haha, yeah, I can't really find a way to fit it in. DRAGONS FOREVER THEN... (But omg I love gijinka art, too.)

nrggh I am writing violence now. This is hard.

Also concerning kids (more stuff that is repeat for you, ixris):
I'm going to buy Melchior an iridescent someday so he will look more like Shula even if it's all covered by clothes. I DON'T CARE. THE FEELING REMAINS. Also I am doing a breeding project right now for an imperial with Shula's colors. She will be totally unrelated to the kids and might never even interact with them. BUT I WILL KNOW. I WILL KNOW AND KEEP HER AROUND FOR THAT FEELING OF TRAGEDY.

... Yeep, I kind of went crazy. Instead of Shula's Iri - Shim - Spines, though, my goal will be there:
dragon?age=1&body=56&bodygene=11&breed=8&element=11&gender=1&tert=9&tertgene=10&winggene=13&wings=48&auth=2685de206eb53f34316d539108c31e949c3d9178&dummyext=prev.png

Also I am already trying to find a mate for Melchior BUT NOBODY IS GOOD ENOUGH. THEY MUST BE PERFECT sobs
otQd63W.png
Ahh wow, Melichor and Rosie look so much like their mother when you switch around their genes/breeds like that! Although I still like Sundance's shimmer better on the F Skydancer art; the pinkish-orange is more noticeable on it.

And as for gijinkas, I have a couple of them, but I definitely agree they're kind of just an alternate art/character... Sort of like an AU, in a way? I have seen a couple people whose lore revolves around shapeshifters, but in my interpretation of Sornieth, there are no humans (perhaps once, before the current age, but not now).

Also Eulerian, it's so hard to find a perfect mate when you really care about a dragon omg. Take your time until you find the right one though, I promise it'll be worth it. It took me ages to find Equinox's, but I'm so happy I waited bc his mate is perfect.

And holy heck, that Imp girl's got some crazy colors! It's hard to believe they're the same as Shula's! It's pretty incredible how radically different a dragon can look just by changing a few genes.
Ahh wow, Melichor and Rosie look so much like their mother when you switch around their genes/breeds like that! Although I still like Sundance's shimmer better on the F Skydancer art; the pinkish-orange is more noticeable on it.

And as for gijinkas, I have a couple of them, but I definitely agree they're kind of just an alternate art/character... Sort of like an AU, in a way? I have seen a couple people whose lore revolves around shapeshifters, but in my interpretation of Sornieth, there are no humans (perhaps once, before the current age, but not now).

Also Eulerian, it's so hard to find a perfect mate when you really care about a dragon omg. Take your time until you find the right one though, I promise it'll be worth it. It took me ages to find Equinox's, but I'm so happy I waited bc his mate is perfect.

And holy heck, that Imp girl's got some crazy colors! It's hard to believe they're the same as Shula's! It's pretty incredible how radically different a dragon can look just by changing a few genes.
I went ahead and added a little attribution to that backstory page. It's here. Nothing special, not a big change :>

http://i.imgur.com/MxuPTqH.png

As far as mates go, I haven't even started thinking about it... I'm so picky, I don't know where I would start honestly. Anyway, I'll be working on some lore for Eilif tonight and tomorrow, I'll post here when I've updated it. If you guys don't mind, I'd love if you posted when you've added anything to your dragons so I can read it :> If it's not too much trouble.
I went ahead and added a little attribution to that backstory page. It's here. Nothing special, not a big change :>

http://i.imgur.com/MxuPTqH.png

As far as mates go, I haven't even started thinking about it... I'm so picky, I don't know where I would start honestly. Anyway, I'll be working on some lore for Eilif tonight and tomorrow, I'll post here when I've updated it. If you guys don't mind, I'd love if you posted when you've added anything to your dragons so I can read it :> If it's not too much trouble.
Oh, I'll definitely post whenever I add lore to Sundance's page! Or any other milestone of her's, really. I don't think I'll be looking for a mate for her for a while, though. She has too much to learn from her brother before she can think of starting a family of her own. Well... that, and I have no space to be taking in any more dragons unless they're ultra important :P

Also, would you guys like updates to her brother's lore too, since he's also a kid of Brightwork and Shula? Or would you all rather keep this as a last nest only page? I'm cool with either, haha.
Oh, I'll definitely post whenever I add lore to Sundance's page! Or any other milestone of her's, really. I don't think I'll be looking for a mate for her for a while, though. She has too much to learn from her brother before she can think of starting a family of her own. Well... that, and I have no space to be taking in any more dragons unless they're ultra important :P

Also, would you guys like updates to her brother's lore too, since he's also a kid of Brightwork and Shula? Or would you all rather keep this as a last nest only page? I'm cool with either, haha.
Personally I would be fine with updates on any dragons, even if we keep unrelated dragons just to a simple mention when updating. I guess that's up to what everyone else wants also? I'd love to at least see any dragons from Oakrest.

Like, we could post any updates we make for Oakrest dragons or involving them in full here, and mention something like"I've updated X dragon" in case anyone is interested.

I'd be into clan alliances or putting together stories involving interactions between clans also. Like I said, it's up to what everybody else wants to do :>
Personally I would be fine with updates on any dragons, even if we keep unrelated dragons just to a simple mention when updating. I guess that's up to what everyone else wants also? I'd love to at least see any dragons from Oakrest.

Like, we could post any updates we make for Oakrest dragons or involving them in full here, and mention something like"I've updated X dragon" in case anyone is interested.

I'd be into clan alliances or putting together stories involving interactions between clans also. Like I said, it's up to what everybody else wants to do :>
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 1584 1585