Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Nameless ~a Pinkerlocke~
1 2 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 95 96
@Leopardmask

Ooh... I may have an idea or two, if far-fetched ones. (Won't post em in the thread though!) I'll think on that, hm..
@Leopardmask

Ooh... I may have an idea or two, if far-fetched ones. (Won't post em in the thread though!) I'll think on that, hm..
pVhWnFy.png
[center][b][i]Day 385-388 - Escape From Doom[/i][/b] [size=1]@Kyrinasha @KCSquib @Caelyn @Tadi @AnnaStar353 @Silverhame @Ximena @MoonlitMage @Deathwolf555 @Nekasrof @Muddledsketches @luckgandor @Violetah @Ezmara @xxWolfii @tigressrising @Neroli @Petall @DragonDraws @Tiirran @Emordnilap @Blackstone359 @clarax[/size] [b]Pull:[/b] [item=tallow candle][item=berserker][item=moldy leather] [b]Sentence:[/b] Art, Death Streak Roll, Writing -----[/center] Ashbel raced a storm moving toward land. She flitted back through the forest until she found Myste hanging from a branch near Anaisa's nest. Myste opened her eyes and looked up as the Duskflapper approached and landed beside her, just ahead of the stormwinds. Ashbel clicked and moved one foot; attached to her leg was a note. Myste took it. [center][i]Proud of you, Myste. Remember our conversation just before you left? Think on it a bit. -Papa.[/i][/center] Near one edge of the paper was a large black blotch, apparently where ink had spilled and not been cleaned up. [i]Does he mean the argument we had the day before I left?[/i] Myste thought, confused. [i]Pshh. Yeah right. Whatever you say.[/i] Her claw brushed the ink blotch as she crumpled up the letter and threw it away. At that moment, thunder boomed, nearly startling Myste off her branch. She looked around wildly for a moment before grinning nervously at her own paranoia. "Nothing to do with the note, Myste," she told herself. "Nothing to do with Pa- AGH!" This time she did fall off her branch as lightning crashed barely 10 lengths away from her. She flopped on her back for a moment before flipping over to see a fire starting to spread. As Myste tried to frantically scuttle away, she felt Ashbel's claws in her back. Ashbel dragged her to a small hole in the ground, then dropped down on top of the scared dragon, completely covering her. Myste curled up tightly under Ashbel's wings. "Not good," Kaci remarked, staring at the rising smoke. "I think it's headed this way. We need to leave until it passes." Chi shook her head. "What about those of us who can't fly or run?" "[font=courier new]Evacuation is possible for you, so it would be illogical to stay behind simply because your friend is staying,[/font]" Uncertain pointed out. "[font=courier new]Anyway, I can escape by computing the paths the fire is least likely to take and following them to a non-forested area.[/font]" "What about Lylia?" "Don't worry about me," Lylia called. "I'll be just fine." "I could carry one of you," Anaisa offered. "No you couldn't," said Lylia. "I'm half-stone - I probably weigh as much as you do." "[font=courier new]I am heavier than I appear. I would only slow you down.[/font]" Reluctantly, the others in the clan grabbed a few items and took to the air, staying as low as they dared to avoid the strong winds. Uncertain picked a direction and started walking. Lylia pawed the ground around her, willing rainwater and groundwater together into a shallow pool. She ducked her head underwater just as the fire roared past. She felt the heat on her back and begged the rain to fall harder. "Oh no - Myste!" Anaisa suddenly realized. She started to turn around, only to find her path blocked by Allendis. "She'll find a way out," Allendis reassured Anaisa. "She's clever. But there's nothing we can do right now - if we go looking, we'll be trapped in the fire too." "I told her parents she was safe here!" Anaisa cried. "And you were telling the truth. Myste is old enough to take care of herself and her parents know that. Now [i]come on.[/i]" [center]----[/center] Hot. It was so hot in this hole. Myste was having trouble breathing; was it from the heat, or from being in a small space? Or was she just too scared to think straight? And was it getting cooler? [center]----[/center] The rain fell harder, and slowly the fire died out. [center]----[/center] Ashbel lifted off and hovered above the hole. Myste, realizing it was raining on her, carefully stretched and crawled out. All around them was burned and half-burned foliage. Myste tapped a tree to test its strength, then climbed up it to take off. She had to go tell the clan what had happened. Uncertain stopped and watched the fire retreat. When she was satisfied that it would not block her way, she started walking back. Lylia lifted her head from her mini-swamp as soon as the heat was off her. She lumbered a few steps away and let the water in the swamp return to where it should have been. She was the first to see Myste and Ashbel return. The rest of the dragons returned apprehensively. How many of their friends were still alive? The answer became clear when Anaisa was tackled midair with a hug from Myste. After recovering from her shock, Anaisa returned the hug, Myste's wings folding to let Anaisa fly. As the group got closer, Avogadro - the only dragon who could sense Uncertain's mind at all - pointed out the Snapper returning. Jetta found Lylia safe and sound moments before the others came into sight range. They told each other their stories and watched the rain. The area around them was black now, but the trees still grew above them. Soon enough the undergrowth would return, healthier than ever before. ----- -Death Streak: No -And there was much rejoicing. [size=1]yaaaaaay[/size]
Day 385-388 - Escape From Doom
@Kyrinasha @KCSquib @Caelyn @Tadi @AnnaStar353 @Silverhame @Ximena @MoonlitMage @Deathwolf555 @Nekasrof @Muddledsketches @luckgandor @Violetah @Ezmara @xxWolfii @tigressrising @Neroli @Petall @DragonDraws @Tiirran @Emordnilap @Blackstone359 @clarax
Pull:
Tallow Candle Berserker Moldy Leather
Sentence: Art, Death Streak Roll, Writing
Ashbel raced a storm moving toward land. She flitted back through the forest until she found Myste hanging from a branch near Anaisa's nest. Myste opened her eyes and looked up as the Duskflapper approached and landed beside her, just ahead of the stormwinds. Ashbel clicked and moved one foot; attached to her leg was a note. Myste took it.

Proud of you, Myste. Remember our conversation just before you left? Think on it a bit.
-Papa.

Near one edge of the paper was a large black blotch, apparently where ink had spilled and not been cleaned up.
Does he mean the argument we had the day before I left? Myste thought, confused. Pshh. Yeah right. Whatever you say. Her claw brushed the ink blotch as she crumpled up the letter and threw it away.
At that moment, thunder boomed, nearly startling Myste off her branch. She looked around wildly for a moment before grinning nervously at her own paranoia.
"Nothing to do with the note, Myste," she told herself. "Nothing to do with Pa- AGH!" This time she did fall off her branch as lightning crashed barely 10 lengths away from her. She flopped on her back for a moment before flipping over to see a fire starting to spread. As Myste tried to frantically scuttle away, she felt Ashbel's claws in her back. Ashbel dragged her to a small hole in the ground, then dropped down on top of the scared dragon, completely covering her. Myste curled up tightly under Ashbel's wings.

"Not good," Kaci remarked, staring at the rising smoke. "I think it's headed this way. We need to leave until it passes."
Chi shook her head. "What about those of us who can't fly or run?"
"Evacuation is possible for you, so it would be illogical to stay behind simply because your friend is staying," Uncertain pointed out. "Anyway, I can escape by computing the paths the fire is least likely to take and following them to a non-forested area."
"What about Lylia?"
"Don't worry about me," Lylia called. "I'll be just fine."
"I could carry one of you," Anaisa offered.
"No you couldn't," said Lylia. "I'm half-stone - I probably weigh as much as you do."
"I am heavier than I appear. I would only slow you down."
Reluctantly, the others in the clan grabbed a few items and took to the air, staying as low as they dared to avoid the strong winds. Uncertain picked a direction and started walking. Lylia pawed the ground around her, willing rainwater and groundwater together into a shallow pool. She ducked her head underwater just as the fire roared past. She felt the heat on her back and begged the rain to fall harder.

"Oh no - Myste!" Anaisa suddenly realized. She started to turn around, only to find her path blocked by Allendis.
"She'll find a way out," Allendis reassured Anaisa. "She's clever. But there's nothing we can do right now - if we go looking, we'll be trapped in the fire too."
"I told her parents she was safe here!" Anaisa cried.
"And you were telling the truth. Myste is old enough to take care of herself and her parents know that. Now come on."

----

Hot. It was so hot in this hole. Myste was having trouble breathing; was it from the heat, or from being in a small space? Or was she just too scared to think straight? And was it getting cooler?

----

The rain fell harder, and slowly the fire died out.

----

Ashbel lifted off and hovered above the hole. Myste, realizing it was raining on her, carefully stretched and crawled out. All around them was burned and half-burned foliage. Myste tapped a tree to test its strength, then climbed up it to take off. She had to go tell the clan what had happened.

Uncertain stopped and watched the fire retreat. When she was satisfied that it would not block her way, she started walking back.

Lylia lifted her head from her mini-swamp as soon as the heat was off her. She lumbered a few steps away and let the water in the swamp return to where it should have been. She was the first to see Myste and Ashbel return.

The rest of the dragons returned apprehensively. How many of their friends were still alive? The answer became clear when Anaisa was tackled midair with a hug from Myste. After recovering from her shock, Anaisa returned the hug, Myste's wings folding to let Anaisa fly. As the group got closer, Avogadro - the only dragon who could sense Uncertain's mind at all - pointed out the Snapper returning. Jetta found Lylia safe and sound moments before the others came into sight range. They told each other their stories and watched the rain. The area around them was black now, but the trees still grew above them. Soon enough the undergrowth would return, healthier than ever before.
-Death Streak: No
-And there was much rejoicing. yaaaaaay
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
Oh man, considering the death streak roll, I was so worried someone was gonna die from the fire... glad that's not the case though! Look forward to seein' how they go about with what's left from the fire
Oh man, considering the death streak roll, I was so worried someone was gonna die from the fire... glad that's not the case though! Look forward to seein' how they go about with what's left from the fire
pVhWnFy.png
@Emordnilap
That's why I did it (and don't put the results of the roll till the end) :3
@Emordnilap
That's why I did it (and don't put the results of the roll till the end) :3
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
@Kyrinasha @KCSquib @Caelyn @Tadi @AnnaStar353 @Silverhame @Ximena @MoonlitMage @Deathwolf555 @Nekasrof @Muddledsketches @luckgandor @Violetah @Ezmara @xxWolfii @tigressrising @Neroli @Petall @DragonDraws @Tiirran @Emordnilap @Blackstone359 @clarax ----- I did an art! Back when I was asking for suggestions on what to do Emordnilap happened to guess the subject of this piece, which was already in progress, but kept being delayed for various reasons. [url=https://i.imgsafe.org/b2053be646.png][img]https://i.imgsafe.org/b2053be646.png[/img][/url] As always, it links to the full-size image, but there isn't a whole lot of lost detail or quality from being shrunk for the forums since it's exactly half its normal size.
@Kyrinasha @KCSquib @Caelyn @Tadi @AnnaStar353 @Silverhame @Ximena @MoonlitMage @Deathwolf555 @Nekasrof @Muddledsketches @luckgandor @Violetah @Ezmara @xxWolfii @tigressrising @Neroli @Petall @DragonDraws @Tiirran @Emordnilap @Blackstone359 @clarax
I did an art! Back when I was asking for suggestions on what to do Emordnilap happened to guess the subject of this piece, which was already in progress, but kept being delayed for various reasons.
b2053be646.png
As always, it links to the full-size image, but there isn't a whole lot of lost detail or quality from being shrunk for the forums since it's exactly half its normal size.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
ooh, Carrie looks great! :D
ooh, Carrie looks great! :D
pVhWnFy.png
@leopardmask

*stumbles into the thread*

WHEW, so I just finished reading your locke so far, and I love it! RIP Octave, I'm legit torn up about him. :( He was my favorite.
Also, I love what's going on with Allendis! You have such a neat way of incorporating site lore/events and intertwining all of your characters together!
Also, I looove Carrie, the wooden unicorns are a fantastic item.

May I be added to your ping list? c:
@leopardmask

*stumbles into the thread*

WHEW, so I just finished reading your locke so far, and I love it! RIP Octave, I'm legit torn up about him. :( He was my favorite.
Also, I love what's going on with Allendis! You have such a neat way of incorporating site lore/events and intertwining all of your characters together!
Also, I looove Carrie, the wooden unicorns are a fantastic item.

May I be added to your ping list? c:
[center][b][i]Day 389-391 - Day of Interest[/i][/b] [size=1]@Kyrinasha @KCSquib @Caelyn @Tadi @AnnaStar353 @Silverhame @Ximena @MoonlitMage @Deathwolf555 @Nekasrof @Muddledsketches @luckgandor @Violetah @Ezmara @xxWolfii @tigressrising @Neroli @Petall @DragonDraws @Tiirran @Emordnilap @Blackstone359 @clarax @Chelo[/size] [b]Pull:[/b] [item=gold steampunk wings][item=mage's peony socks][item=banded ironstone] [b]Sentence:[/b] Writing, Breed/Scroll Two Dragons -----[/center] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/nests/10/2healthy_0dead.png[/img][/center] They stood proudly next to their nest, Avogadro's head resting affectionately on top of Kaci's. "Let's hope this nest is as successful as Marla's was," Avogadro murmured. Kaci put a paw up to his snout. "Don't say that, you'll jinx it." She moved away to tuck the eggs deeper into the hollow of the tree, but Avogadro stopped her. "I know you want to hide them well, but they need sunlight. They'll be fine, I promise." Nasae woke to find a frog in her den. Oblivious to the huge predator next to it, the frog sat in a patch of sunlight near Nasae's face, warming up for the day. Nasae sat very still and watched it. It was completely invisible to her front eyes, but with her main eyes she could see the frog [i]very[/i] clearly. It was a very brightly-colored frog, with streaks of red and yellow and blue over black. Like all dragons in the Labyrinth, Nasae had learned as a hatchling what this meant: this frog is poisonous. Dangerously so, even to a mid-sized breed like her. Don't eat the frog. [i]Wouldn't be much of a meal anyway,[/i] Nasae thought idly. [i]Not even a decent snack.[/i] She shifted to get up and the frog hopped away, disappearing into a gap in the wall. [i]Wouldn't it be cool to have colors like that?[/i] She was already the closest to colorful of her siblings, but she found herself wishing she could have bold streaks of color on her scales, just like that little frog. ----- -This would have been a good time to scroll Allendis, but I made the mistake of saying it'd be a while, recently. So it'll have to be a little while in lore-time. -Chelo has been added to the pinglist!
Day 389-391 - Day of Interest
@Kyrinasha @KCSquib @Caelyn @Tadi @AnnaStar353 @Silverhame @Ximena @MoonlitMage @Deathwolf555 @Nekasrof @Muddledsketches @luckgandor @Violetah @Ezmara @xxWolfii @tigressrising @Neroli @Petall @DragonDraws @Tiirran @Emordnilap @Blackstone359 @clarax @Chelo
Pull:
Gold Steampunk Wings Mage's Peony Socks Banded Ironstone
Sentence: Writing, Breed/Scroll Two Dragons
2healthy_0dead.png
They stood proudly next to their nest, Avogadro's head resting affectionately on top of Kaci's.
"Let's hope this nest is as successful as Marla's was," Avogadro murmured.
Kaci put a paw up to his snout. "Don't say that, you'll jinx it." She moved away to tuck the eggs deeper into the hollow of the tree, but Avogadro stopped her.
"I know you want to hide them well, but they need sunlight. They'll be fine, I promise."

Nasae woke to find a frog in her den. Oblivious to the huge predator next to it, the frog sat in a patch of sunlight near Nasae's face, warming up for the day. Nasae sat very still and watched it. It was completely invisible to her front eyes, but with her main eyes she could see the frog very clearly.
It was a very brightly-colored frog, with streaks of red and yellow and blue over black. Like all dragons in the Labyrinth, Nasae had learned as a hatchling what this meant: this frog is poisonous. Dangerously so, even to a mid-sized breed like her. Don't eat the frog.
Wouldn't be much of a meal anyway, Nasae thought idly. Not even a decent snack.
She shifted to get up and the frog hopped away, disappearing into a gap in the wall. Wouldn't it be cool to have colors like that? She was already the closest to colorful of her siblings, but she found herself wishing she could have bold streaks of color on her scales, just like that little frog.
-This would have been a good time to scroll Allendis, but I made the mistake of saying it'd be a while, recently. So it'll have to be a little while in lore-time.
-Chelo has been added to the pinglist!
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
@Leopardmask

So much has happened! The new dragons are really cool, and I love the relationship between Anaisa and Myste. It's so cute! I so happy no one died in the fire, it would've been really sad if someone had. Plus, Miles might be getting some new siblings. The mental image of Avogadro and Kaci standing next to the nest was really sweet, and I hope all goes well for them.
Allendis has expensive tastes, wanting to be a Wildclaw, but he would look quite handsome as one. You just wouldn't want to have to exalt him after scrolling him! Nasae wanting a Poison scroll is really cool too, she looks great with that gene (and it would make her Runes stand out).
Finally, your drawing of Carrie's really nice, though she looks a little lonely.
@Leopardmask

So much has happened! The new dragons are really cool, and I love the relationship between Anaisa and Myste. It's so cute! I so happy no one died in the fire, it would've been really sad if someone had. Plus, Miles might be getting some new siblings. The mental image of Avogadro and Kaci standing next to the nest was really sweet, and I hope all goes well for them.
Allendis has expensive tastes, wanting to be a Wildclaw, but he would look quite handsome as one. You just wouldn't want to have to exalt him after scrolling him! Nasae wanting a Poison scroll is really cool too, she looks great with that gene (and it would make her Runes stand out).
Finally, your drawing of Carrie's really nice, though she looks a little lonely.
WCaffsig.pngWChubsig.pngWCsigraffle.pngWCIFsig.png
SgonDOb.pngOvfZqTx.gif2im8gtl.png
@Violetah

Carrie was lonely in the picture! That's an image of her sitting in the clearing after Jetta left her for a while in grief/anger at Flaxen's death.
@Violetah

Carrie was lonely in the picture! That's an image of her sitting in the clearing after Jetta left her for a while in grief/anger at Flaxen's death.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
1 2 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 95 96