Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Nameless ~a Pinkerlocke~
1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 95 96
@Netshy
Pfff it kinda does :D
@Netshy
Pfff it kinda does :D
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
[center][b][i]Day 379-381 - Setting Things Straight[/i][/b] [size=1]@Kyrinasha @KCSquib @Caelyn @Tadi @AnnaStar353 @Silverhame @Ximena @MoonlitMage @Deathwolf555 @Nekasrof @Muddledsketches @luckgandor @Violetah @Ezmara @xxWolfii @tigressrising @Neroli @Petall @DragonDraws @Tiirran @Emordnilap @Blackstone359 @clarax[/size] [b]Pull:[/b] [item=delightful wooden unicorn][item=bluemoon dartling][item=cerdae sparkle] [b]Sentence: [/b] Art, 30-40 battles in the Coliseum, Writing -----[/center] Myste popped her head up as the dragons reentered camp. She was immediately greeted by a very surprised Ridgeback. "Myste?!" Anaisa exclaimed. "What are you doing here?" Myste shrunk down a bit. "I was looking for you." Anaisa huffed. "I'm flattered you think so highly of me, but you shouldn't have come. It's dangerous out here. And what about your parents?" "I told 'em I wanted to apprentice for you," Myste replied matter-of-factly. "I wasn't lying. I just didn't say how far away you were." Anaisa sighed. She couldn't very well send Myste away - the little Nocturne was probably completely lost and would never find her way home without help. "Ooh, what's that?" Myste had just noticed Carrie, whom Jetta had brought out to see the new arrival. Myste scrambled off Allendis' back and over to Jetta to inspect the little horse toy. "This is Carrie," Jetta explained. "She's a good friend of mine." Myste poked the toy. "Eww, it's all busted and half-rotten. Why do you keep it?" Despite her apparent disinterest, Myste stared almost reverently at Carrie. "I think that's enough questions," Anaisa interrupted, scooping Myste up one-handed and towing her away. Carrie's eyes flashed curiously, but she said nothing. Once they were out of earshot, Anaisa set Myste down on a low tree branch, right at eye level. Myste hung her head. "Myste," Anaisa said. "I'm not mad at you." "Yes you are." Myste flopped around so she was hanging upside down. "I'm not. I was surprised to see you - and worried about you. Now that you're here in this clan with us, I feel a lot better about your safety, but I'd still like to let your parents know where you actually are. Did they at least send a familiar with you?" "Yeah." Myste touched a runestone on a cord around her neck. The symbol on it glowed. Something screeched and flapped down to hang from the branch beside her. [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/21413.png[/img] It tilted its head toward Anaisa, decided the Ridgeback wasn't a threat, and fell asleep. "Oh good, something that can fly," Anaisa said. "Can your familiar take a message to your parents?" "Her name's Ashbel. And she can, but only if I tell her to," Myste replied obstinately. Anaisa nodded. "Can you ask Ashbel to do that for me?" She scribbled a short note on a piece of paper torn from her notebook: [i]Myste safe, with me. In Viridian Labyrinth. Anaisa.[/i] "Pick up the paper," Myste told Ashbel. "Take it to my parents, but come straight back after, okay? You're meant to protect me." Ashbel chirped, grabbed the note in its claw, and flew south. "Happy?" Myste grumped. "Very," Anaisa replied. "I'll enjoy having you around." ----- -Allendis and Anaisa are level 7. They also both know their respective elemental slashes. -Updated the character sheet!
Day 379-381 - Setting Things Straight
@Kyrinasha @KCSquib @Caelyn @Tadi @AnnaStar353 @Silverhame @Ximena @MoonlitMage @Deathwolf555 @Nekasrof @Muddledsketches @luckgandor @Violetah @Ezmara @xxWolfii @tigressrising @Neroli @Petall @DragonDraws @Tiirran @Emordnilap @Blackstone359 @clarax
Pull:
Delightful Wooden Unicorn Bluemoon Dartling Cerdae Sparkle
Sentence: Art, 30-40 battles in the Coliseum, Writing
Myste popped her head up as the dragons reentered camp. She was immediately greeted by a very surprised Ridgeback.
"Myste?!" Anaisa exclaimed. "What are you doing here?"
Myste shrunk down a bit. "I was looking for you."
Anaisa huffed. "I'm flattered you think so highly of me, but you shouldn't have come. It's dangerous out here. And what about your parents?"
"I told 'em I wanted to apprentice for you," Myste replied matter-of-factly. "I wasn't lying. I just didn't say how far away you were."
Anaisa sighed. She couldn't very well send Myste away - the little Nocturne was probably completely lost and would never find her way home without help.
"Ooh, what's that?" Myste had just noticed Carrie, whom Jetta had brought out to see the new arrival. Myste scrambled off Allendis' back and over to Jetta to inspect the little horse toy.
"This is Carrie," Jetta explained. "She's a good friend of mine."
Myste poked the toy. "Eww, it's all busted and half-rotten. Why do you keep it?" Despite her apparent disinterest, Myste stared almost reverently at Carrie.
"I think that's enough questions," Anaisa interrupted, scooping Myste up one-handed and towing her away. Carrie's eyes flashed curiously, but she said nothing.

Once they were out of earshot, Anaisa set Myste down on a low tree branch, right at eye level. Myste hung her head.
"Myste," Anaisa said. "I'm not mad at you."
"Yes you are." Myste flopped around so she was hanging upside down.
"I'm not. I was surprised to see you - and worried about you. Now that you're here in this clan with us, I feel a lot better about your safety, but I'd still like to let your parents know where you actually are. Did they at least send a familiar with you?"
"Yeah." Myste touched a runestone on a cord around her neck. The symbol on it glowed. Something screeched and flapped down to hang from the branch beside her.
21413.png
It tilted its head toward Anaisa, decided the Ridgeback wasn't a threat, and fell asleep.
"Oh good, something that can fly," Anaisa said. "Can your familiar take a message to your parents?"
"Her name's Ashbel. And she can, but only if I tell her to," Myste replied obstinately.
Anaisa nodded. "Can you ask Ashbel to do that for me?" She scribbled a short note on a piece of paper torn from her notebook: Myste safe, with me. In Viridian Labyrinth. Anaisa.
"Pick up the paper," Myste told Ashbel. "Take it to my parents, but come straight back after, okay? You're meant to protect me."
Ashbel chirped, grabbed the note in its claw, and flew south.
"Happy?" Myste grumped.
"Very," Anaisa replied. "I'll enjoy having you around."
-Allendis and Anaisa are level 7. They also both know their respective elemental slashes.
-Updated the character sheet!
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Ooooooo I don't have words for how much I love Myste! I think Octave may have finally been replaced as my favourite character! (Which is a good thing, seeing as Octave has been gone for so long.)
Ooooooo I don't have words for how much I love Myste! I think Octave may have finally been replaced as my favourite character! (Which is a good thing, seeing as Octave has been gone for so long.)
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall
You just like Nocturnes don't you
@Petall
You just like Nocturnes don't you
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Actually, normally they are pretty low on my list of favourite breeds. I don't know why I'm so attached to both of the nocturnes in the story. Maybe nocturne lore is my favourite? Maybe I like nocturnes more than I thought? It's a mystery.

It also leaves me to wonder why I didn't like your wildclaw more (conpletely blanking on his name) when I apparently love wildclaws as much as I do.
Actually, normally they are pretty low on my list of favourite breeds. I don't know why I'm so attached to both of the nocturnes in the story. Maybe nocturne lore is my favourite? Maybe I like nocturnes more than I thought? It's a mystery.

It also leaves me to wonder why I didn't like your wildclaw more (conpletely blanking on his name) when I apparently love wildclaws as much as I do.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall I think I remember you saying you liked Proteus. I intentionally didn't make Galanthus particularly likeable though.
@Petall I think I remember you saying you liked Proteus. I intentionally didn't make Galanthus particularly likeable though.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
I need to get back to rereading your Pinkerlocke so that I can remember all these characters more clearly!
I need to get back to rereading your Pinkerlocke so that I can remember all these characters more clearly!
[center][b][i]Day 382-384 - The Biggest Change[/i][/b] [size=1]@Kyrinasha @KCSquib @Caelyn @Tadi @AnnaStar353 @Silverhame @Ximena @MoonlitMage @Deathwolf555 @Nekasrof @Muddledsketches @luckgandor @Violetah @Ezmara @xxWolfii @tigressrising @Neroli @Petall @DragonDraws @Tiirran @Emordnilap @Blackstone359 @clarax[/size] [b]Pull:[/b] [item=cobra snakehead][item=shed cobalt scale][item=grey basalt] [b]Sentence:[/b] 30-40 battles in the Coliseum, Writing -----[/center] When Allendis woke up, for the briefest of moments he discovered he [i]could not move.[/i] As soon as the feeling passed he scrambled to his feet, breath heaving. That moment was much too similar to the dream he'd had for his liking. Allendis had dreamed about being trapped - under the trees, unable to move, watching a wildfire race toward him at a pace faster than anything he'd seen. He had woken up just as the first flame touched his face. Now that he was awake, he once again felt uncomfortable in his scales. As he walked through camp he was oddly aware of the sound of his chest fin rustling with the movement. He stopped under the tree in which the Skydancers slept and sat, patiently waiting for them to wake up. Chi was the first in the tree to wake up. She glided down to ground level. "Hello, Al. What are you doing here? You seem conflicted about something." "Good morning, Chi," Allendis remarked. "I came here to see you, actually. I need to talk about something." Chi, sensing Allendis' discomfort, led him past the tree into the forest a short distance. "What's wrong?" "Chi, is it..." Allendis hesitated. "This is going to sound stupid." "I'll be the judge of that." "Chi... is it possible to be born as the wrong type of dragon?" Chi blinked. "I've never heard of that happening, but that doesn't mean it's impossible. Tell me what's making you think that." Allendis shuffled his back foot. "I just don't feel right. I'm way too big, too heavy. It's all clumsy and weird." "Alright," Chi said. "That would make sense, then. I assume you came to me to see if I could change what you are? Do you know specifically what you feel like you should be?" Allendis paused at that, thoughts whirling. He truly hadn't expected the conversation to come this far. "Um. You really can change the kind of dragon I am?" Chi nodded. "I really can. If I have the right resources for it." "Thank you," Allendis sighed. "But I think the dragon I should be is one I've never seen for real before. One that stands on two feet." "Well, that narrows it down to two." Chi took out a notebook and writing stick and made two quick sketches, emphasizing the distinguishing features of each. Allendis immediately pointed to the second one: larger hind legs, small, dextrous arms, a feather crest, and a large claw on each foot. "That one." "I was afraid you were going to say that," Chi admitted. "I can do that for you. BUT I don't have the resources to do so this moment. If you can wait a little while longer, I'll see what I can do." Allendis lowered his head, then raised it again. "Can I help? If you tell me what to look for, I can help you get what you need." "Of course you can!" Chi smiled at him, then started writing on another sheet of her notebook. "Now. This is what we need..." ----- -I keep glancing at Coli out of the corner of my eye and thinking that Anaisa just died while I wasn't looking but nah, she's just camouflaged. [img]https://image.prntscr.com/image/606a87c76ee94aee863b4cdb8465b85a.png[/img] -Myste is level 4.
Day 382-384 - The Biggest Change
@Kyrinasha @KCSquib @Caelyn @Tadi @AnnaStar353 @Silverhame @Ximena @MoonlitMage @Deathwolf555 @Nekasrof @Muddledsketches @luckgandor @Violetah @Ezmara @xxWolfii @tigressrising @Neroli @Petall @DragonDraws @Tiirran @Emordnilap @Blackstone359 @clarax
Pull:
Cobra Snakehead Shed Cobalt Scale Grey Basalt
Sentence: 30-40 battles in the Coliseum, Writing
When Allendis woke up, for the briefest of moments he discovered he could not move. As soon as the feeling passed he scrambled to his feet, breath heaving. That moment was much too similar to the dream he'd had for his liking.
Allendis had dreamed about being trapped - under the trees, unable to move, watching a wildfire race toward him at a pace faster than anything he'd seen. He had woken up just as the first flame touched his face.
Now that he was awake, he once again felt uncomfortable in his scales. As he walked through camp he was oddly aware of the sound of his chest fin rustling with the movement. He stopped under the tree in which the Skydancers slept and sat, patiently waiting for them to wake up.

Chi was the first in the tree to wake up. She glided down to ground level.
"Hello, Al. What are you doing here? You seem conflicted about something."
"Good morning, Chi," Allendis remarked. "I came here to see you, actually. I need to talk about something."
Chi, sensing Allendis' discomfort, led him past the tree into the forest a short distance. "What's wrong?"
"Chi, is it..." Allendis hesitated. "This is going to sound stupid."
"I'll be the judge of that."
"Chi... is it possible to be born as the wrong type of dragon?"
Chi blinked. "I've never heard of that happening, but that doesn't mean it's impossible. Tell me what's making you think that."
Allendis shuffled his back foot. "I just don't feel right. I'm way too big, too heavy. It's all clumsy and weird."
"Alright," Chi said. "That would make sense, then. I assume you came to me to see if I could change what you are? Do you know specifically what you feel like you should be?"
Allendis paused at that, thoughts whirling. He truly hadn't expected the conversation to come this far. "Um. You really can change the kind of dragon I am?"
Chi nodded. "I really can. If I have the right resources for it."
"Thank you," Allendis sighed. "But I think the dragon I should be is one I've never seen for real before. One that stands on two feet."
"Well, that narrows it down to two." Chi took out a notebook and writing stick and made two quick sketches, emphasizing the distinguishing features of each.
Allendis immediately pointed to the second one: larger hind legs, small, dextrous arms, a feather crest, and a large claw on each foot. "That one."
"I was afraid you were going to say that," Chi admitted. "I can do that for you. BUT I don't have the resources to do so this moment. If you can wait a little while longer, I'll see what I can do."
Allendis lowered his head, then raised it again. "Can I help? If you tell me what to look for, I can help you get what you need."
"Of course you can!" Chi smiled at him, then started writing on another sheet of her notebook. "Now. This is what we need..."
-I keep glancing at Coli out of the corner of my eye and thinking that Anaisa just died while I wasn't looking but nah, she's just camouflaged.
606a87c76ee94aee863b4cdb8465b85a.png
-Myste is level 4.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
-wiggles in excitement-

Wonder what his dream was about though, huh..
-wiggles in excitement-

Wonder what his dream was about though, huh..
pVhWnFy.png
@Emordnilap
If you're worried about something to come, remember only Lylia's dreams tell the future. The past, on the other hand...
@Emordnilap
If you're worried about something to come, remember only Lylia's dreams tell the future. The past, on the other hand...
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 95 96