Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Dragon Writers: NaNoWriMo Edition!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20
In Nanowrimo 2013, Micahjaguar started a writers' chat thread in the Wind forum. Since Micah and I left Wind, we've created a writers' chat here every month, to (a) meet new writers! and (b) keep in touch with all our Windy friends. (Hi Windies! We still love you all!)

Some purposes for this thread:
  • Talk excitedly about your current awesome writing project!
  • Whinge about your current project which no longer seems so awesome and you don't want to work on it any more but YOU WILL anyway. Because REASONS.
  • Show off snippets of your writing
  • Cheer your fellow writers on as they write!
  • Commiserate with your fellow writers as they complain about not writing, or about not being happy with their writing
  • Ask other participants to pick one of your dragons for you to write something about in the dragon's bio
  • Show off dragon bios
  • Admire one another's dragons and new hatchlings from time to time (because this IS Flight Rising)
  • Any other writerly activities you want to chat about

"Dragon Writers" is a reference to this being a chat on a dragon site; there is no requirement that you write about dragons in order to participate. (Okay, there really aren't any requirements at all).

This is intended to be a general chat thread and not a critique group. Now, it's absolutely fine for a writer to post a link to their work and ask people for feedback and/or criticism! But it's also fine for people to post bits of their writing just to show off and with no desire to have it critiqued. And it's fine if you participate in the thread without ever sharing anything you write, or giving feedback on anyone else's writing.

Unless a writer solicits critiques, please only respond to their writing with supportive comments (or don't respond at all).

New Business

IT'S NANOWRIMO WHY ARE YOU PLAYING FLIGHT RISING SHOULDN'T YOU BE WRITING?

*ahem*

I know not all of us are doing NaNoWriMo 'cause I know I'm not. Instead, for November, I'm going to track the time I spend on various productive non-Day-Hobby things and shoot for 60 hours' worth of them. Because I haven't done time-tracking in a long while and perhaps it will be enlightening or inspiring. Or, at least, different.

What about the rest of you? Who's doing Nanowrimo? Give us the pitch for your WIP! Who's doing a different challenge? Plugging away at your usual pace on your regular progress? Are you excited about other people being excited for Nano? (I AM CAN YOU TELL?) It's a new month and time for updates!
In Nanowrimo 2013, Micahjaguar started a writers' chat thread in the Wind forum. Since Micah and I left Wind, we've created a writers' chat here every month, to (a) meet new writers! and (b) keep in touch with all our Windy friends. (Hi Windies! We still love you all!)

Some purposes for this thread:
  • Talk excitedly about your current awesome writing project!
  • Whinge about your current project which no longer seems so awesome and you don't want to work on it any more but YOU WILL anyway. Because REASONS.
  • Show off snippets of your writing
  • Cheer your fellow writers on as they write!
  • Commiserate with your fellow writers as they complain about not writing, or about not being happy with their writing
  • Ask other participants to pick one of your dragons for you to write something about in the dragon's bio
  • Show off dragon bios
  • Admire one another's dragons and new hatchlings from time to time (because this IS Flight Rising)
  • Any other writerly activities you want to chat about

"Dragon Writers" is a reference to this being a chat on a dragon site; there is no requirement that you write about dragons in order to participate. (Okay, there really aren't any requirements at all).

This is intended to be a general chat thread and not a critique group. Now, it's absolutely fine for a writer to post a link to their work and ask people for feedback and/or criticism! But it's also fine for people to post bits of their writing just to show off and with no desire to have it critiqued. And it's fine if you participate in the thread without ever sharing anything you write, or giving feedback on anyone else's writing.

Unless a writer solicits critiques, please only respond to their writing with supportive comments (or don't respond at all).

New Business

IT'S NANOWRIMO WHY ARE YOU PLAYING FLIGHT RISING SHOULDN'T YOU BE WRITING?

*ahem*

I know not all of us are doing NaNoWriMo 'cause I know I'm not. Instead, for November, I'm going to track the time I spend on various productive non-Day-Hobby things and shoot for 60 hours' worth of them. Because I haven't done time-tracking in a long while and perhaps it will be enlightening or inspiring. Or, at least, different.

What about the rest of you? Who's doing Nanowrimo? Give us the pitch for your WIP! Who's doing a different challenge? Plugging away at your usual pace on your regular progress? Are you excited about other people being excited for Nano? (I AM CAN YOU TELL?) It's a new month and time for updates!
Author Website: LadyRowyn.com
I summon the dragon writers horde!

@Amut, @benalene, @blaireau, @BombSwan, @chalcara, @chaosheart13, @Elfnextdoor, @encarmine, @Erratic, @IvoryMuffin, @Jane13, @JiggertyPokery, @kanashiiichigo, @Kazaera, @Kelwyn, @KittyHamilton, @LadyRowyn, @Oakwick, @LucklessLady, @Metamochi, @micahjaguar, @MischiefSword, @Mistwalker, @mwingzero, @LilacsandFreedom, @nano, @Nemera, @Paintminion, @pixeltune, @PocketTheSaurus, @Pookasaur, @purplpeanut, @Pyrasaur, @Rabbithearts, @SadariEvenstar, @Serpenthyne, @Soleil, @Steffon, @Suraya, @Syrinx, @The13Inquisitor, @VioletWhirlwind, @Wisecakes, @Yukino, @Snaphance, @dransnake, @tacroy, @Morichinatsu, @Bhelryss, @Ickyrus, @Alpharaposa, @typoAdventure, @nargothrond, @Rexcaliburr, @SparkyLurkdragon, @disbounded, @FlyingNorth, @SierraKomodo, @Stoat, @Mort, @NightwindDragon, @Melodious, @puffbird, @EonFlamewing, @DrippingWords, @Namira, @melonLord, @Silverspun, @Neige, @Zidderinni, @Aloysius, @quartzcrusher, @Velg, @brilliantsky, @ShadesofCyan, @Batme, @ManaStar, @Satchen, @VigilanteSnail, @egyptelf, @IronPen, @Celetia912, @ObsidianNights, @velvetpaws, @SN1006, @gendersquare, @hitoritabi, @SpringyBirdd, @Nightlilac, @DTEvie, @Darkersolstice, @ArdentGale, @Ladyslayer, @Catbag, @XenSilverQuill, @PoofinBurd, @gunslinger, @growingthebear, @SocialBookWorm, @kayn, @VioletWhirlwind, @Upstart, @Moonwater, @Hurricanesong, @polygone, @ruthie, @WhoDoVooDoo, @Eyries, @BlackSwan, @Darkwarrior101, @SirWermo, @CanisLupus03, @Nikita, @SapphireElegy, @Pasafatu, @cinderrain, @BlackWinter, @Kerynean

To add or remove yourself from the pinglist, just edit the Google Doc for it:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MgBhbV0tZai8TO20VNURz5y8_toxSN4xLCamseq7ICs/edit?usp=sharing
I summon the dragon writers horde!

@Amut, @benalene, @blaireau, @BombSwan, @chalcara, @chaosheart13, @Elfnextdoor, @encarmine, @Erratic, @IvoryMuffin, @Jane13, @JiggertyPokery, @kanashiiichigo, @Kazaera, @Kelwyn, @KittyHamilton, @LadyRowyn, @Oakwick, @LucklessLady, @Metamochi, @micahjaguar, @MischiefSword, @Mistwalker, @mwingzero, @LilacsandFreedom, @nano, @Nemera, @Paintminion, @pixeltune, @PocketTheSaurus, @Pookasaur, @purplpeanut, @Pyrasaur, @Rabbithearts, @SadariEvenstar, @Serpenthyne, @Soleil, @Steffon, @Suraya, @Syrinx, @The13Inquisitor, @VioletWhirlwind, @Wisecakes, @Yukino, @Snaphance, @dransnake, @tacroy, @Morichinatsu, @Bhelryss, @Ickyrus, @Alpharaposa, @typoAdventure, @nargothrond, @Rexcaliburr, @SparkyLurkdragon, @disbounded, @FlyingNorth, @SierraKomodo, @Stoat, @Mort, @NightwindDragon, @Melodious, @puffbird, @EonFlamewing, @DrippingWords, @Namira, @melonLord, @Silverspun, @Neige, @Zidderinni, @Aloysius, @quartzcrusher, @Velg, @brilliantsky, @ShadesofCyan, @Batme, @ManaStar, @Satchen, @VigilanteSnail, @egyptelf, @IronPen, @Celetia912, @ObsidianNights, @velvetpaws, @SN1006, @gendersquare, @hitoritabi, @SpringyBirdd, @Nightlilac, @DTEvie, @Darkersolstice, @ArdentGale, @Ladyslayer, @Catbag, @XenSilverQuill, @PoofinBurd, @gunslinger, @growingthebear, @SocialBookWorm, @kayn, @VioletWhirlwind, @Upstart, @Moonwater, @Hurricanesong, @polygone, @ruthie, @WhoDoVooDoo, @Eyries, @BlackSwan, @Darkwarrior101, @SirWermo, @CanisLupus03, @Nikita, @SapphireElegy, @Pasafatu, @cinderrain, @BlackWinter, @Kerynean

To add or remove yourself from the pinglist, just edit the Google Doc for it:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MgBhbV0tZai8TO20VNURz5y8_toxSN4xLCamseq7ICs/edit?usp=sharing
To answer more of my own questions: here's my to-do list:

• Edit "His Angel" (novella, prequel to A Rational Arrangement, cutemeet featuring Justin and Nikola. Need to finish one scene, add another, and do line edits on the whole thing)
  • Edit "A Regular Hero" (novella, takes place simultaneously with RA, of the romance between Anthser and Callie. Need to add a scene and do general editing.)
  • Edit "Inconceivable" (novella, sequel to A Rational Arrangement, with Wisteria/Nikola/Justin starting a family. Needs line edits, should be pretty clean.)
  • Complete headers for RA (only 45 to go! \o/)
  • Write another novelette/novella
I am not going to do all of these things this month. If I finish the first three, I will be very happy. (I drag my feet so much on editing. I have mentioned this before, haven't I?) If I don't finish any one item but make significant progress on some, that's good too. My goal is to get some work done! Now to do it.
To answer more of my own questions: here's my to-do list:

• Edit "His Angel" (novella, prequel to A Rational Arrangement, cutemeet featuring Justin and Nikola. Need to finish one scene, add another, and do line edits on the whole thing)
  • Edit "A Regular Hero" (novella, takes place simultaneously with RA, of the romance between Anthser and Callie. Need to add a scene and do general editing.)
  • Edit "Inconceivable" (novella, sequel to A Rational Arrangement, with Wisteria/Nikola/Justin starting a family. Needs line edits, should be pretty clean.)
  • Complete headers for RA (only 45 to go! \o/)
  • Write another novelette/novella
I am not going to do all of these things this month. If I finish the first three, I will be very happy. (I drag my feet so much on editing. I have mentioned this before, haven't I?) If I don't finish any one item but make significant progress on some, that's good too. My goal is to get some work done! Now to do it.
I am going to try to finish this thing this time! Or....at least write SOMETHING...*sigh*

...But first...it's 5 am, I must sleep. :P
I am going to try to finish this thing this time! Or....at least write SOMETHING...*sigh*

...But first...it's 5 am, I must sleep. :P
NOTE: Dergs in my lair with scries are just ideas, & are subject to change/not final.
nZJa3n3.png
I'm too tired and going to be too busy to actually join NaNoWriMo. Ugh. o|-<

I am, however, writing poems every now and then. And then I now type up plots by way of imitating 4chan's threads, inspired by some lol-worthy ones that my friend showed me. Progress, I guess?
I'm too tired and going to be too busy to actually join NaNoWriMo. Ugh. o|-<

I am, however, writing poems every now and then. And then I now type up plots by way of imitating 4chan's threads, inspired by some lol-worthy ones that my friend showed me. Progress, I guess?
Cursed Die
Hi, I'm Steffon.

Saving up: 1,830/7,000 G
- 11 * (530 - 250) = 3,080 G
- Accent Blueprint (10) + Accent Blueprint = 3,500 G
Projects
God-Emperor
Taran's wondrous figurines
Hestia's brood
Guild Wars 2 fandragons
gMDuKVs.png
JHqnR5C.png
oxDm2Un.png
mjtJ868.png
5hF3FGk.png
Sighhhh. I swear I joined this group 2 years ago now and I'm still not finished the novel I was/still am working on. It is almost finished, but I swear I've been saying that for months.

I can't tell which will end first, my novel or my degree at this point.

~collapses under a pile of essays and WEEPS~
Sighhhh. I swear I joined this group 2 years ago now and I'm still not finished the novel I was/still am working on. It is almost finished, but I swear I've been saying that for months.

I can't tell which will end first, my novel or my degree at this point.

~collapses under a pile of essays and WEEPS~
Forum_Banner.png
I wish I could write my novel at this point, but I have to set up a very large fantasy world. Like, I'm working on the continents and significant geological events as well as creating the major ethnic groups for ONE continent. It's a lot of work because they're all different in origin, culture and religion (for the most part). So it's a lot of work, but I want it to be in-depth.
I wish I could write my novel at this point, but I have to set up a very large fantasy world. Like, I'm working on the continents and significant geological events as well as creating the major ethnic groups for ONE continent. It's a lot of work because they're all different in origin, culture and religion (for the most part). So it's a lot of work, but I want it to be in-depth.
First NaNo! I'm very excited! Sci-fi setting threesome erotica, yay! I have... 184 words!

@LadyRowyn Ooooh, can't wait for the RA stuff! Good luck with the editing! You know... it's going to be interesting trying NaNo, because... I don't do first drafts. I know everyone says "don't worry about it being perfect, first just write, get it down" (my Creative Writing teacher used to say she doesn't teach Creative Writing, she teaches Creative Editing) buuuut... I can't. If I don't like to read back over what I've already written, I have zero motivation to write more! So... at first write badly? Equals death of project for me. It'll be interesting to find the middle road between letting go of some of the inner editing while writing for productivity, and still keep to a standard that means I don't just stuff the thing into a folder to never see the light of day again in disgust...

@Ickyrus Good luck with the essays and your degree! And also the novel writing! Two years isn't so bad, is it? My main original project has apparently been in the works for nine years, and it's got all of... 10 pages or so to show for it... Keep on chipping away at it!
First NaNo! I'm very excited! Sci-fi setting threesome erotica, yay! I have... 184 words!

@LadyRowyn Ooooh, can't wait for the RA stuff! Good luck with the editing! You know... it's going to be interesting trying NaNo, because... I don't do first drafts. I know everyone says "don't worry about it being perfect, first just write, get it down" (my Creative Writing teacher used to say she doesn't teach Creative Writing, she teaches Creative Editing) buuuut... I can't. If I don't like to read back over what I've already written, I have zero motivation to write more! So... at first write badly? Equals death of project for me. It'll be interesting to find the middle road between letting go of some of the inner editing while writing for productivity, and still keep to a standard that means I don't just stuff the thing into a folder to never see the light of day again in disgust...

@Ickyrus Good luck with the essays and your degree! And also the novel writing! Two years isn't so bad, is it? My main original project has apparently been in the works for nine years, and it's got all of... 10 pages or so to show for it... Keep on chipping away at it!
x0CMhAc.png is5IYGR.png Ash and Dust- My Pinker-Locke
*flops* I am not doing NaNoWriMo officially (I won it last month! 53000 words!), but I need to finish this book because I want it done. So I am continuing at my usual pace, and will probably (again) accidentally win NaNoWriMo, this time in the right month, unless the book ends before I accrue another 50K. I'm thinking the book will be about 100K, so... we'll see. This is Book #6 this year. My brain hurts. I have poison and toxin babies today! These are my favorites of the bunch: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18090942] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/180910/18090942_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18090946] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/180910/18090946_350.png[/img] [/url]
*flops*

I am not doing NaNoWriMo officially (I won it last month! 53000 words!), but I need to finish this book because I want it done. So I am continuing at my usual pace, and will probably (again) accidentally win NaNoWriMo, this time in the right month, unless the book ends before I accrue another 50K. I'm thinking the book will be about 100K, so... we'll see.

This is Book #6 this year. My brain hurts.

I have poison and toxin babies today! These are my favorites of the bunch:

18090942_350.png

18090946_350.png

Traveling Wind Clan! We have toured every Flight in Sornieth!
We completed our round-the-world tour on July 6th, 2020 and are once again home in Wind!

Previous Visits: Wind, Earth, Light, Shadow, Nature, Arcane, Ice, Fire, Water, Lightning, Plague
@CanisLupus03
I've been at it for 4 years, just been in here for 2 of them xP I have made good progress though, and I like to believe I'm up to the final chapter, I just need the time to get it finished without impending deadlines eating up my free time.

I have been editing frequently though, with the (hopefully) last major edit done before it's ready to take to the next level. Just needs the end to be written xP

...buuuut referencing an essay that's due tomorrow, an exam next week that I need to study for and then 2 more essays and 2 pamphlets/presentations to prepare all before the 24th. I really hope I can find the time though, it's only about 5 pages worth of writing/more editing that I need to do for my novel.
@CanisLupus03
I've been at it for 4 years, just been in here for 2 of them xP I have made good progress though, and I like to believe I'm up to the final chapter, I just need the time to get it finished without impending deadlines eating up my free time.

I have been editing frequently though, with the (hopefully) last major edit done before it's ready to take to the next level. Just needs the end to be written xP

...buuuut referencing an essay that's due tomorrow, an exam next week that I need to study for and then 2 more essays and 2 pamphlets/presentations to prepare all before the 24th. I really hope I can find the time though, it's only about 5 pages worth of writing/more editing that I need to do for my novel.
Forum_Banner.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20