Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Lights Out: A Pinker-locke
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19 20
@Tar
Ohohoho Necromancy pendant. Good. Excellent.
@Tar
Ohohoho Necromancy pendant. Good. Excellent.
jtgoRWq.png
@Tar
This is really interesting. I love the way you write. This story has had me distracted from everything else all day. XD may I be added to the pinglist?
@Tar
This is really interesting. I love the way you write. This story has had me distracted from everything else all day. XD may I be added to the pinglist?
dra4345534gons_scaled_2x_pngcrushed.gifZ2YQgjD.gifdra4345534gons_scaled_2x_pngcrushed.gif
@Tar
Poor Botch. :(
And dangit Rue, you really do not know how to listen. ._. Little brat.
@Tar
Poor Botch. :(
And dangit Rue, you really do not know how to listen. ._. Little brat.
💛💚💙💜❤️♥♡kytten♡♥❤️💜💙💚💛
@SparkyLurkdragon
Correct! sparky confirmed for some sort of dark wizard

@Babaaeyes
Wow, what a great compliment. Added!

@sykotikkytten
Botch would win the consolation prize for parenting. At least he's trying.

Second update will be up soon.
@SparkyLurkdragon
Correct! sparky confirmed for some sort of dark wizard

@Babaaeyes
Wow, what a great compliment. Added!

@sykotikkytten
Botch would win the consolation prize for parenting. At least he's trying.

Second update will be up soon.
t7ikix.jpg
My nuzlocke! ^
@Tar
Ain't that the truth.
@Tar
Ain't that the truth.
💛💚💙💜❤️♥♡kytten♡♥❤️💜💙💚💛
@blaireau @sykotikkytten @CanisLupus03 @SparkyLurkdragon @Averis @Orru @SnoCone @linguistic @Istoki @tigressRising @Bibliomancer @Pasafatu @Babaaeyes [center][img]http://oi60.tinypic.com/2j4dcoh.jpg[/img][/center] Botch crept back to camp as stealthily as he could manage, given his numerous handicaps. Keto was beside their lair, lovingly pinning up a tanned fuiran hide to the wooden wall. Botch made his way to the place he knew the rope was kept. It was bunched into neat coils inside the trunk of a burnt-out tree. He grabbed a length of it, turned around, and was suddenly snout-to-snout with Keto. He was sure that their back was turned a second ago! He wasn't stealthy enough, evidently. "Eye-sore." Keto said quietly. "Where on Sornieth is Gut-ripper?" Botch dropped the rope and mustered his most apologetic expression. He drooped his head and pawed at the ground. "She fell into a... a pit. I was going to bring her some rope so she can climb out." Keto's expression was hard to read under the mask, but Botch could see their teeth flashing. A spark suddenly leaped from Keto's feathers and struck Botch in the face. He yelped, surprised but not hurt. Keto's whole body seemed absolutely [i]charged[/i]. "Show me." Keto growled. Botch immediately became flustered. "I can deal with this myself, you don't have to-" Botch was cut off when Keto slapped him hard across the face. He composed himself, but tears were welling in the corners of his eyes. "This is [i]not[/i] some [i]run-of-the-mill[/i] hatchling we are dealing with. Do you [i]really[/i] think we're just going to sit around here our whole lives, being some happy ditsy family?" Keto spat, gesturing broadly towards the camp. "W-we're moving? I don't understand." Botch said meekly. He was too filled with guilt to really process anything Keto was saying. "No. Forget it." Keto hissed, leaning towards Botch to stare directly into his eyes. "Just get moving." He slowly picked up the rope again, heart pounding. Botch's mind was a jumble. He was really awful at navigating under pressure, and to top it off he kept thinking about how badly he'd failed Keto. His face still hurt from the slap. He knew Keto would just get angrier if he admitted he was feeling lost though. Feigning confidence, he walked back the way he came, desperately searching for familiar landmarks. Keto paced smoothly beside him. "Are we close?" Keto asked. That, if anything, tripped Botch up even more. He really had no idea. He just nodded mutely. They were going in the right direction. Probably. [i]Maybe.[/i] He hoped Rue was okay. Day thirty six: [item=fuiran hide] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1528539/10#13986652]Day Thirty Seven[/url]
@blaireau @sykotikkytten @CanisLupus03 @SparkyLurkdragon @Averis @Orru @SnoCone @linguistic @Istoki @tigressRising @Bibliomancer @Pasafatu @Babaaeyes
2j4dcoh.jpg

Botch crept back to camp as stealthily as he could manage, given his numerous handicaps. Keto was beside their lair, lovingly pinning up a tanned fuiran hide to the wooden wall. Botch made his way to the place he knew the rope was kept. It was bunched into neat coils inside the trunk of a burnt-out tree.

He grabbed a length of it, turned around, and was suddenly snout-to-snout with Keto. He was sure that their back was turned a second ago! He wasn't stealthy enough, evidently.

"Eye-sore." Keto said quietly. "Where on Sornieth is Gut-ripper?"

Botch dropped the rope and mustered his most apologetic expression. He drooped his head and pawed at the ground. "She fell into a... a pit. I was going to bring her some rope so she can climb out."

Keto's expression was hard to read under the mask, but Botch could see their teeth flashing.

A spark suddenly leaped from Keto's feathers and struck Botch in the face. He yelped, surprised but not hurt. Keto's whole body seemed absolutely charged.

"Show me." Keto growled.

Botch immediately became flustered. "I can deal with this myself, you don't have to-" Botch was cut off when Keto slapped him hard across the face. He composed himself, but tears were welling in the corners of his eyes.

"This is not some run-of-the-mill hatchling we are dealing with. Do you really think we're just going to sit around here our whole lives, being some happy ditsy family?" Keto spat, gesturing broadly towards the camp.

"W-we're moving? I don't understand." Botch said meekly. He was too filled with guilt to really process anything Keto was saying.

"No. Forget it." Keto hissed, leaning towards Botch to stare directly into his eyes. "Just get moving."

He slowly picked up the rope again, heart pounding. Botch's mind was a jumble. He was really awful at navigating under pressure, and to top it off he kept thinking about how badly he'd failed Keto. His face still hurt from the slap. He knew Keto would just get angrier if he admitted he was feeling lost though.

Feigning confidence, he walked back the way he came, desperately searching for familiar landmarks. Keto paced smoothly beside him.

"Are we close?" Keto asked.

That, if anything, tripped Botch up even more. He really had no idea. He just nodded mutely.

They were going in the right direction. Probably. Maybe.

He hoped Rue was okay.

Day thirty six:
Fuiran Hide

Day Thirty Seven
t7ikix.jpg
My nuzlocke! ^
@Tar Oh dear... you're living up to your name there, Botch. This could end badly... Keto seems so... undefeatable, so it's interesting to remember that it's a nuzlocke, not an independent story, and a turn of bad luck in the coli could change the entire set-up...
@Tar Oh dear... you're living up to your name there, Botch. This could end badly... Keto seems so... undefeatable, so it's interesting to remember that it's a nuzlocke, not an independent story, and a turn of bad luck in the coli could change the entire set-up...
x0CMhAc.png is5IYGR.png Ash and Dust- My Pinker-Locke
@Tar To be frank, Keto is the most genre blind of them all. All it really takes is one misplaced crit. Rue is prolly fine, given death via coli isn't exactly an option yet.
@Tar To be frank, Keto is the most genre blind of them all. All it really takes is one misplaced crit. Rue is prolly fine, given death via coli isn't exactly an option yet.
Dom-Shop-Link.png?rlkey=ts1tscej29cs0kt4g6wt9c37d&dl=0.png 1428_150px_istoki_by_miirshroom-dbzlzj5.png Lore-Thread-Link.png?rlkey=clnaiehtq32jzyvwmgq07ek0n&dl=0.png
@Tar I would love to be added to the ping list for this!
@Tar I would love to be added to the ping list for this!
NXwxhXo.png
@blaireau @sykotikkytten @CanisLupus03 @SparkyLurkdragon @Averis @Orru @SnoCone @linguistic @Istoki @tigressRising @Bibliomancer @Pasafatu @Babaaeyes @HuntingAlpha [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/f7xHunW.png[/img][/center] It was like she was underwater. The air felt strangely thick, and she felt a persistent pressure on her head. The glowshrooms in the cave seemed to be dimmed. The serthis didn't look particularly happy to see Rue. If anything, they looked irritated. Their humanoid arms were folded over their torso, and their visage was crossed with a scowl. "You shouldn't take things that don't belong to you." They said. Their voice had a peculiar sibilant quality that made their words sound like hisses. Rue tried to take on an authoritative posture, narrowing her eyes at the spectral serthis. Ghost or no ghost, nobody could boss her around. "You're dead. Why is it any of your business?" "Very astute." The serthis said dryly. They blinked their eyes and sighed - weirdly, they didn't have any pupils. "You're right, it's none of my business. I won't bother warning you then." Rue's brows furrowed, and she tilted her head in puzzlement. "Warn me about what?" "Let's just say that not every ghost is as civil and reasonable as I am." They cracked a smile, revealing a pair of curved fangs. Rue shuddered, suddenly instinctively feeling a multitude of eyes staring at her. She whirled around quickly, teeth bared. [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/Bf58Pe3.png[/img] [/center] Wolves - hazy, blurry, and ghostly - but definitely wolves. Their fangs dripped with a particular form of shadow magic. Rue was aware of a faint ringing in her ears. The amulet suddenly felt like it weighed a thousand pounds. "Good luck." The serthis said, smirking. They watched the proceedings with cool indifference. Rue's eyes widened in fear. She tugged at the amulet to try and pull it off, but it felt so heavy. Her head drooped to the ground under its immense pressure, pressing into the moist cave floor. She started to panic, head jerking wildly in attempt to get free. She bellowed as fiercely as she could, but the wolves were unfazed. They were trotting towards her now, blank eyes glowing, incorporeal bodies moving in fluid unison. Was the amulet tightening around her neck? It was hard to say. A wolf lunged for her throat. Rue felt its chill breath on her scales. She slipped free in the nick of time with a panicked yell. Rue kicked the amulet away from her as quickly as she could. It clattered loudly as it skittered across the ground, it's glossy black inscription flashing under the light of the glowshooms. Her lungs heaved with heavy breaths, and her vision blurred. She shut her eyes and waited it out. Slowly but surely, she began to feel normal again. She looked at the serthis cautiously - but it was just an ordinary skeleton again. The only sound was the gentle slapping of fish in the underground pond. She noticed, for the first time, that there was a tunnel on the far side of the water. Casting a final weary glance at the black amulet, Rue made her way to the opening. The path went down into the earth for a time, prompting Rue to feel worried that she was only worsening her situation. But suddenly it sloped sharply upwards, and the exit was in sight. Rue pushed past layers of drooping moss and scratchy branches and eventually emerged back into the woods. She was shocked at how (comparably) bright it was outside. Rue looked behind her. The cave entrance was extremely well concealed. It wasn't much of a surprise that the clan hadn't discovered it until now. Confidence returning, Rue began to walk in the direction she believed the camp to be. Day thirty seven: [item=wildwood moss] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1528539/11#13986652]Day Thirty Nine[/url]
@blaireau @sykotikkytten @CanisLupus03 @SparkyLurkdragon @Averis @Orru @SnoCone @linguistic @Istoki @tigressRising @Bibliomancer @Pasafatu @Babaaeyes @HuntingAlpha
f7xHunW.png

It was like she was underwater. The air felt strangely thick, and she felt a persistent pressure on her head. The glowshrooms in the cave seemed to be dimmed.

The serthis didn't look particularly happy to see Rue. If anything, they looked irritated. Their humanoid arms were folded over their torso, and their visage was crossed with a scowl.

"You shouldn't take things that don't belong to you." They said. Their voice had a peculiar sibilant quality that made their words sound like hisses.

Rue tried to take on an authoritative posture, narrowing her eyes at the spectral serthis. Ghost or no ghost, nobody could boss her around.

"You're dead. Why is it any of your business?"

"Very astute." The serthis said dryly. They blinked their eyes and sighed - weirdly, they didn't have any pupils. "You're right, it's none of my business. I won't bother warning you then."

Rue's brows furrowed, and she tilted her head in puzzlement. "Warn me about what?"

"Let's just say that not every ghost is as civil and reasonable as I am." They cracked a smile, revealing a pair of curved fangs.

Rue shuddered, suddenly instinctively feeling a multitude of eyes staring at her. She whirled around quickly, teeth bared.
Bf58Pe3.png

Wolves - hazy, blurry, and ghostly - but definitely wolves. Their fangs dripped with a particular form of shadow magic. Rue was aware of a faint ringing in her ears. The amulet suddenly felt like it weighed a thousand pounds.

"Good luck." The serthis said, smirking. They watched the proceedings with cool indifference.

Rue's eyes widened in fear. She tugged at the amulet to try and pull it off, but it felt so heavy. Her head drooped to the ground under its immense pressure, pressing into the moist cave floor. She started to panic, head jerking wildly in attempt to get free. She bellowed as fiercely as she could, but the wolves were unfazed. They were trotting towards her now, blank eyes glowing, incorporeal bodies moving in fluid unison. Was the amulet tightening around her neck? It was hard to say.

A wolf lunged for her throat. Rue felt its chill breath on her scales. She slipped free in the nick of time with a panicked yell.

Rue kicked the amulet away from her as quickly as she could. It clattered loudly as it skittered across the ground, it's glossy black inscription flashing under the light of the glowshooms. Her lungs heaved with heavy breaths, and her vision blurred. She shut her eyes and waited it out. Slowly but surely, she began to feel normal again.

She looked at the serthis cautiously - but it was just an ordinary skeleton again. The only sound was the gentle slapping of fish in the underground pond. She noticed, for the first time, that there was a tunnel on the far side of the water. Casting a final weary glance at the black amulet, Rue made her way to the opening.

The path went down into the earth for a time, prompting Rue to feel worried that she was only worsening her situation. But suddenly it sloped sharply upwards, and the exit was in sight.

Rue pushed past layers of drooping moss and scratchy branches and eventually emerged back into the woods. She was shocked at how (comparably) bright it was outside. Rue looked behind her. The cave entrance was extremely well concealed. It wasn't much of a surprise that the clan hadn't discovered it until now.

Confidence returning, Rue began to walk in the direction she believed the camp to be.

Day thirty seven:
Wildwood Moss

Day Thirty Nine
t7ikix.jpg
My nuzlocke! ^
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19 20