Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Lights Out: A Pinker-locke
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19 20
[size=1] @blaireau @sykotikkytten @CanisLupus03 @SparkyLurkdragon @Averis @Orru @SnoCone @linguistic @Istoki @tigressRising @Bibliomancer @Pasafatu @Babaaeyes @HuntingAlpha @Dessoestma @Mito @Nakhoda [/size] [center][img]http://oi58.tinypic.com/28alzph.jpg[/img][/center] Initially, Murex didn’t mind hunting for Rue. Hell, he even felt a little sorry for her. She didn't choose to be born into this mess, after all. But any sympathy he harbored for her rapidly evaporated as she grew up. She was ungrateful, demanding, and, above all, enormous. Murex was the only one able and ‘willing’ to hunt for her, and it became a full-time thing. He transitioned rapidly from dangerous, muscle-strengthening game to plentiful ‘boring’ animals in order to keep up. He began to drop body weight again, and knew that without help he would probably waste away. But Murex was surrounded on all sides by enemies. Everything he did, he did by himself. It was painfully lonely. He missed his old mirror pack keenly. Sometimes he had the mindset to run away, and sometimes he made it so far as to walk miles from the camp. But he always came back, afraid that if he strayed too far Keto would come after him again. [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/hLoqm4R.png[/img][/center] One particular day, Murex had the fortune of securing a couple of fat rabbits very early in the morning. While Murex normally would have been happy to have met his meat quota so quickly, he was in a very dark mood. There was a bitter chill in the air that heralded the changing of seasons that depressed and irritated him. In the Ashfall Waste, the land was permanently hot. That weather, while probably intolerable to outsiders of the fire flight, had kept him active and happy throughout his entire hatchlinghood. Those days were long gone. How all he had to look forward to was Rue, who would probably complain about the prey being 'too bony' or some other nonsense. She never made it easy for him. Carrying all of the rabbits all was a bit of an undertaking, and he was careful not to drop them as he entered Rue’s lair. Once inside, he glanced around the cave to see if Rue was there. Once confident that he was alone, Murex tossed them resentfully on the ground, muttered a curse, and turned to walk out. He'd take every small chance for rebellion he could. It was a mental health boost, really. Suddenly, Rue appeared, sending Murex stumbling backwards. She didn’t walk out of some corner; she simply [i]appeared[/i], seemingly out of nowhere. “HA! Gotcha!” Rue squealed triumphantly. “You- you were invisible?” Murex spluttered. “Shadow magic.” Rue said, raising a forepaw and wiggling her fingers at the mention of magic. “And I’ve got proof you don’t actually like me now.” She said smugly, teeth flashing. “I wonder what Keto would have to say about that?” Murex flinched involuntarily, jaw clenching. His mind scrambled for a rebuttal. He found a deep well of long-suffering anger and clung to it. “You were invisible. [i]Invisible.[/i]" He repeated. "What on Sornieth am I doing hunting for you, you ungrateful whelp?” He exploded, breath beginning to smoke as he exhaled. “How dare-” “What do you think will happen if you do tell our oh-so-merciless god how I really feel?” He hissed. He couldn’t help but notice with satisfaction that Rue’s cheeks were ruddy with embarrassment. “They’ll kill me if you asked, I’d bet! But then who will hunt for you? Certainly not Botch. Certainly not [I]them[/I].” He was breathing hard. It felt good to release some of his anger, but he could feel the scar on his face itch as if to remind him that maybe he wasn’t making the soundest decision. A low growl was rising in Rue's throat. She seemed ready to attack him. He couldn’t help but add one more insult, however. “I eagerly await the day you finally leave on your stupid guardian quest.” Rue bared her teeth and flared her fins aggressively. With a snarl, she lunged forward, teeth snapping. Murex lithely sprang out of the way and darted for the exit. She roared and chased after him, paws thudding heavily against the stone floor. It was nothing like being pursued by Keto. It was laughable really, how slow and clumsy Rue was. Murex had run this gauntlet before. But that didn’t mean he wasn’t frightened. Perhaps he'd run away for real this time. Day forty one: [item=crumbling leather] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1528539/12#14325505]Day Forty Five[/url]
@blaireau @sykotikkytten @CanisLupus03 @SparkyLurkdragon @Averis @Orru @SnoCone @linguistic @Istoki @tigressRising @Bibliomancer @Pasafatu @Babaaeyes @HuntingAlpha @Dessoestma @Mito @Nakhoda
28alzph.jpg

Initially, Murex didn’t mind hunting for Rue. Hell, he even felt a little sorry for her. She didn't choose to be born into this mess, after all. But any sympathy he harbored for her rapidly evaporated as she grew up.

She was ungrateful, demanding, and, above all, enormous. Murex was the only one able and ‘willing’ to hunt for her, and it became a full-time thing. He transitioned rapidly from dangerous, muscle-strengthening game to plentiful ‘boring’ animals in order to keep up. He began to drop body weight again, and knew that without help he would probably waste away.

But Murex was surrounded on all sides by enemies. Everything he did, he did by himself. It was painfully lonely. He missed his old mirror pack keenly. Sometimes he had the mindset to run away, and sometimes he made it so far as to walk miles from the camp. But he always came back, afraid that if he strayed too far Keto would come after him again.
hLoqm4R.png

One particular day, Murex had the fortune of securing a couple of fat rabbits very early in the morning. While Murex normally would have been happy to have met his meat quota so quickly, he was in a very dark mood. There was a bitter chill in the air that heralded the changing of seasons that depressed and irritated him. In the Ashfall Waste, the land was permanently hot. That weather, while probably intolerable to outsiders of the fire flight, had kept him active and happy throughout his entire hatchlinghood.

Those days were long gone. How all he had to look forward to was Rue, who would probably complain about the prey being 'too bony' or some other nonsense. She never made it easy for him.

Carrying all of the rabbits all was a bit of an undertaking, and he was careful not to drop them as he entered Rue’s lair. Once inside, he glanced around the cave to see if Rue was there. Once confident that he was alone, Murex tossed them resentfully on the ground, muttered a curse, and turned to walk out. He'd take every small chance for rebellion he could. It was a mental health boost, really.

Suddenly, Rue appeared, sending Murex stumbling backwards. She didn’t walk out of some corner; she simply appeared, seemingly out of nowhere.

“HA! Gotcha!” Rue squealed triumphantly.

“You- you were invisible?” Murex spluttered.

“Shadow magic.” Rue said, raising a forepaw and wiggling her fingers at the mention of magic. “And I’ve got proof you don’t actually like me now.” She said smugly, teeth flashing. “I wonder what Keto would have to say about that?”

Murex flinched involuntarily, jaw clenching. His mind scrambled for a rebuttal. He found a deep well of long-suffering anger and clung to it.

“You were invisible. Invisible." He repeated. "What on Sornieth am I doing hunting for you, you ungrateful whelp?” He exploded, breath beginning to smoke as he exhaled.

“How dare-”

“What do you think will happen if you do tell our oh-so-merciless god how I really feel?” He hissed. He couldn’t help but notice with satisfaction that Rue’s cheeks were ruddy with embarrassment. “They’ll kill me if you asked, I’d bet! But then who will hunt for you? Certainly not Botch. Certainly not them.”

He was breathing hard. It felt good to release some of his anger, but he could feel the scar on his face itch as if to remind him that maybe he wasn’t making the soundest decision. A low growl was rising in Rue's throat. She seemed ready to attack him. He couldn’t help but add one more insult, however.

“I eagerly await the day you finally leave on your stupid guardian quest.”

Rue bared her teeth and flared her fins aggressively. With a snarl, she lunged forward, teeth snapping. Murex lithely sprang out of the way and darted for the exit. She roared and chased after him, paws thudding heavily against the stone floor.

It was nothing like being pursued by Keto. It was laughable really, how slow and clumsy Rue was. Murex had run this gauntlet before.

But that didn’t mean he wasn’t frightened. Perhaps he'd run away for real this time.

Day forty one:
Crumbling Leather

Day Forty Five
t7ikix.jpg
My nuzlocke! ^
Day forty two: The answer to life, the universe and everything is... [item=pillbug] Huh! Who knew? This will be a special *~*conjoined post*~* because I'm a little behind. Behold! Day forty three: [item=leather tail wrap] No, I'm not buying a gene today. Try again later pinky. I'd also like to thank you guys for all your supportive comments. It really means a lot!
Day forty two:
The answer to life, the universe and everything is...
Pillbug
Huh! Who knew?

This will be a special *~*conjoined post*~* because I'm a little behind. Behold!

Day forty three:
Leather Tail Wrap
No, I'm not buying a gene today. Try again later pinky.

I'd also like to thank you guys for all your supportive comments. It really means a lot!
t7ikix.jpg
My nuzlocke! ^
@Tar

Gosh, poor old Murex. I'm pulling for him to get away and maybe report this to some authorities. Even just vigilante authorities.

Perhaps the crumbling leather prompt symbolises the crumbling of Keto's hold on their little lair.

Perhaps you're just setting up an as-yet-unseen Coli death GO MUREX, RUN AND BE FREE
@Tar

Gosh, poor old Murex. I'm pulling for him to get away and maybe report this to some authorities. Even just vigilante authorities.

Perhaps the crumbling leather prompt symbolises the crumbling of Keto's hold on their little lair.

Perhaps you're just setting up an as-yet-unseen Coli death GO MUREX, RUN AND BE FREE
jtgoRWq.png
@Tar Runnn, Murex, get outta this mess! Or, alternately, reach level 25 before Keto and kick their behind... now that I'd like to see, ;-)
@Tar Runnn, Murex, get outta this mess! Or, alternately, reach level 25 before Keto and kick their behind... now that I'd like to see, ;-)
x0CMhAc.png is5IYGR.png Ash and Dust- My Pinker-Locke
@Tar
Murex you poor baby i want to snuggle you. ._.
Also Rue please you're such a verynotnicelady.
@Tar
Murex you poor baby i want to snuggle you. ._.
Also Rue please you're such a verynotnicelady.
💛💚💙💜❤️♥♡kytten♡♥❤️💜💙💚💛
@Tar awwww yiiiiisssss sassy Murex. Go little mirror! I'm rooting for you to escape!
@Tar awwww yiiiiisssss sassy Murex. Go little mirror! I'm rooting for you to escape!
NXwxhXo.png
Day forty four: [item=cragside mussels] Team today is Rue/Keto/Botch or, as I like to call them, 'the pink posse'. Keto is level nine now which means that any groups with them included will be in the scorched forest. Terrific. I also found this after the third battle, which is pretty neat! [item=cockatrice crate]
Day forty four:
Cragside Mussels

Team today is Rue/Keto/Botch or, as I like to call them, 'the pink posse'. Keto is level nine now which means that any groups with them included will be in the scorched forest. Terrific.

I also found this after the third battle, which is pretty neat!
Cockatrice Crate
t7ikix.jpg
My nuzlocke! ^
Could I be added to the pinglist please @Tar ? This is really cool so far!
Could I be added to the pinglist please @Tar ? This is really cool so far!
OOf4SrF.gif
MUYNhfy.png
JvUa9ma.png
ll0CfnD.png
[size=1] @blaireau @sykotikkytten @CanisLupus03 @SparkyLurkdragon @Averis @Orru @SnoCone @linguistic @Istoki @tigressRising @Bibliomancer @Pasafatu @Babaaeyes @HuntingAlpha @Dessoestma @Mito @Nakhoda @Cadomarie [/size] Murex ran as fast and far as he could, but was eventually forced to rest. He crouched beside a bush, panting to catch his breath. He heard a twig snap, and froze instantly. [i]They can’t have caught up to me so quickly. [/i]Murex thought, flattening himself to the ground. He heard the crunching of leaves. Suddenly, a voice called out. “Show yourself.” It was an unfamiliar voice, with an accent he couldn’t place. He raised his head cautiously and his breath caught in his throat. It wasn’t a dragon at all. [img]http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/flightrising/images/e/ed/Centaur_Archer.png/revision/latest?cb=20141005094946.png[/img] The centaur’s arrow was trained on his face. “Don’t move.” She barked. Two more centaurs, also female, trotted out of the woods with a long spear in each of their hands. They moved to surround him. Murex twisted his head from side to side, unsure what to do. His knowledge of centaurs arose entirely from his short tenure as a young bounty hunter for the auction house. He’d certainly never spoken to one before. Dragons sometimes bought them as familiars. He’d never put much thought into it – Murex supposed that in hindsight forcing an intelligent, sentient creature to be a pet might not be the brightest of ideas. But he also knew that some centaurs joined clans willingly in order to study magic. Something told him this wasn’t a particularly friendly centaur herd. He tried to play it cool. “Good morning.” He ventured. “Not really.” The lead bow-wielding centaur responded humorlessly, tail twitching. “Er, why is that?” Murex asked conversationally, shying away slightly so that he was not directly in the arrow’s path. He considered his options for escape. [i]Maybe if I’m fast enough…[/i] “Oh, [i]you know[/i], half my herd is dead or captured due to dragons like you. Nothing big.” She spat fiercely, flaring her nose. Murex’s eyes widened. She released the arrow abruptly, and he swerved to the side with a yelp. It struck him in the leg, and red blood dribbled from the wound. He scrambled to run away, but each step felt like another stab of the arrow. One of the spear-bearing centaurs cursed and leaped in a long graceful arc to land in front of Murex. He backpedaled, but felt the tip of the second centaur’s spear pierce him from behind, forcing him to stay in place. “We aren’t supposed to [i]damage[/i] them, cow-brain!” The spear-centaur snapped. “You’re supposed to knock them out, like [i]this[/i].” She struck Murex in the side of the head with the blunt end of the spear. Day forty five: [item=driftwood branch] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1528539/13#14398137]Day Forty Eight[/url]
@blaireau @sykotikkytten @CanisLupus03 @SparkyLurkdragon @Averis @Orru @SnoCone @linguistic @Istoki @tigressRising @Bibliomancer @Pasafatu @Babaaeyes @HuntingAlpha @Dessoestma @Mito @Nakhoda @Cadomarie

Murex ran as fast and far as he could, but was eventually forced to rest. He crouched beside a bush, panting to catch his breath.

He heard a twig snap, and froze instantly.

They can’t have caught up to me so quickly. Murex thought, flattening himself to the ground. He heard the crunching of leaves. Suddenly, a voice called out.

“Show yourself.”

It was an unfamiliar voice, with an accent he couldn’t place. He raised his head cautiously and his breath caught in his throat. It wasn’t a dragon at all.

latest?cb=20141005094946.png

The centaur’s arrow was trained on his face.

“Don’t move.” She barked. Two more centaurs, also female, trotted out of the woods with a long spear in each of their hands. They moved to surround him. Murex twisted his head from side to side, unsure what to do.

His knowledge of centaurs arose entirely from his short tenure as a young bounty hunter for the auction house. He’d certainly never spoken to one before. Dragons sometimes bought them as familiars. He’d never put much thought into it – Murex supposed that in hindsight forcing an intelligent, sentient creature to be a pet might not be the brightest of ideas. But he also knew that some centaurs joined clans willingly in order to study magic.

Something told him this wasn’t a particularly friendly centaur herd. He tried to play it cool.

“Good morning.” He ventured.

“Not really.” The lead bow-wielding centaur responded humorlessly, tail twitching.

“Er, why is that?” Murex asked conversationally, shying away slightly so that he was not directly in the arrow’s path. He considered his options for escape. Maybe if I’m fast enough…

“Oh, you know, half my herd is dead or captured due to dragons like you. Nothing big.” She spat fiercely, flaring her nose. Murex’s eyes widened. She released the arrow abruptly, and he swerved to the side with a yelp. It struck him in the leg, and red blood dribbled from the wound. He scrambled to run away, but each step felt like another stab of the arrow. One of the spear-bearing centaurs cursed and leaped in a long graceful arc to land in front of Murex. He backpedaled, but felt the tip of the second centaur’s spear pierce him from behind, forcing him to stay in place.

“We aren’t supposed to damage them, cow-brain!” The spear-centaur snapped. “You’re supposed to knock them out, like this.”

She struck Murex in the side of the head with the blunt end of the spear.

Day forty five:
Driftwood Branch

Day Forty Eight
t7ikix.jpg
My nuzlocke! ^
OK, so. It's been a while since I posted an update. But I haven't given up on the story! There's a very simple reason I took a hiatus: College. Very exciting, kinda overwhelming. But I'm ready to get back on track. I'm going to ignore the pinkerton drops I got during the break... except for one. [item=citrine cave jewel] I think the story is ready for a new character.
OK, so. It's been a while since I posted an update. But I haven't given up on the story!

There's a very simple reason I took a hiatus: College. Very exciting, kinda overwhelming.

But I'm ready to get back on track. I'm going to ignore the pinkerton drops I got during the break... except for one.

Citrine Cave Jewel

I think the story is ready for a new character.
t7ikix.jpg
My nuzlocke! ^
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19 20