Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Lights Out: A Pinker-locke
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19 20
@Tar

Oh wow, this is really good so far! I wish I found it earlier, I really wanted Mycena, she was really pretty. Could I be added to the pinglist, please?
@Tar

Oh wow, this is really good so far! I wish I found it earlier, I really wanted Mycena, she was really pretty. Could I be added to the pinglist, please?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxshe/her
xxwishlist
xx+2fr
Pin_000.png
@SnoCone

Sure thing! And yeah, Mycena was gorgeous (rip). Now its just awful pink dragons as far as the eye can see. And Murex.
@SnoCone

Sure thing! And yeah, Mycena was gorgeous (rip). Now its just awful pink dragons as far as the eye can see. And Murex.
t7ikix.jpg
My nuzlocke! ^
@blaireau @sykotikkytten @CanisLupus03 @SparkyLurkdragon @Averis @Orru @SnoCone Miraculously, both eggs began to hatch. Cracks began forming along their surfaces, and tiny squawks were issued from within. The air of excitement in the camp was palpable. Hatching was a slow, arduous process, however, and Keto quickly grew frustrated with Botch’s presence. “Do they need help? Should we help them? What if they suffocate?” Botch said, hovering worriedly over the nest. “Certainly not.” Keto snapped. Botch continued to ask silly questions, oblivious to his charge’s dwindling patience. They eventually ordered him to leave. Botch spent the remainder of the hatching pacing back and forth and whimpering in front of his lair. The waiting was killing him. He kept sneaking glances at the general direction of the nest, as if expecting a pair of hatchlings to come bounding out of the woods at any second. Murex once attempted to initiate conversation with him, but Botch was so wound up that he could only shout at Murex to leave him alone. Eventually, after what felt like an eternity, Keto called him back. He approached the nest slowly and breathlessly. Keto stepped aside with a toothy grin. A newborn guardian raised his head to look at him. Botch balked, eyes wide. It was like looking into a mirror. She was bright pink and striped, like him. [img]http://oi57.tinypic.com/2uo45ra.jpg[/img] But her eyes were like bottomless inky pools. And her muzzle was smeared with blood. It wasn’t what he had expected at all, and, to be frank, he was a little afraid of her. Botch’s fins flared slightly as he met her gaze. She smiled at him and squeaked. It didn’t calm his fears that much. He stepped forward nervously. “What- what happened…?” He apprehensively peered behind the hatchling and gasped. [img]http://oi57.tinypic.com/3145rw8.jpg[/img] It was another guardian, but very scrawny, and much paler than its sister. There were deep, bloody gashes all over its body. It was very much dead. The inside of the nest was like a red pool. “She was the prettier one.” Keto said softly behind him. Botch turned to look at Keto, confusion and fear on his face. “But she was so weak.” They shook their head in disgust. “I told Gut-ripper to do it.” They said, indicating the other hatchling proudly. “It’s better this way, Eye-sore.” Botch could only gape at the remaining hatchling in shock. “This- this doesn’t seem natural.” He blurted. The hatchling turned her head sideways to look at him in confusion. Keto gave him a sharp look. “The strong destroy the weak. It’s absolutely natural. You should know that by know.” Botch dipped his head apologetically. Keto’s tail twitched in irritation. They sighed. “Go on then, introduce yourself to your daughter.” His throat felt dry. He cleared his throat and met her gaze warily. “Hi there. I’m your dad.” She blinked at him. He hesitated, unsure how to proceed. “Why don’t we… get you cleaned up?” Botch looked at Keto, who nodded slightly. He gently picked her up by the scruff of her neck. She struggled a little initially, emitting a series of squeaks, but then hung limply and allowed herself to be carried. They made their way to the stream, a bloody path trailing behind them. Day thirty three: [item=corroded iron nugget] [size=1]Yeah, that item has nothing to do with the update.[/size] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1528539/8#13898895]Day Thirty Four[/url] Any suggestions on what to name the awful demon child? Gut-ripper is just a Ketoname™. I'm kind of struggling to come up with one. :U
@blaireau @sykotikkytten @CanisLupus03 @SparkyLurkdragon @Averis @Orru @SnoCone

Miraculously, both eggs began to hatch. Cracks began forming along their surfaces, and tiny squawks were issued from within. The air of excitement in the camp was palpable. Hatching was a slow, arduous process, however, and Keto quickly grew frustrated with Botch’s presence.

“Do they need help? Should we help them? What if they suffocate?” Botch said, hovering worriedly over the nest.

“Certainly not.” Keto snapped. Botch continued to ask silly questions, oblivious to his charge’s dwindling patience. They eventually ordered him to leave.

Botch spent the remainder of the hatching pacing back and forth and whimpering in front of his lair. The waiting was killing him. He kept sneaking glances at the general direction of the nest, as if expecting a pair of hatchlings to come bounding out of the woods at any second. Murex once attempted to initiate conversation with him, but Botch was so wound up that he could only shout at Murex to leave him alone.

Eventually, after what felt like an eternity, Keto called him back.

He approached the nest slowly and breathlessly. Keto stepped aside with a toothy grin.

A newborn guardian raised his head to look at him. Botch balked, eyes wide. It was like looking into a mirror. She was bright pink and striped, like him.

2uo45ra.jpg

But her eyes were like bottomless inky pools. And her muzzle was smeared with blood. It wasn’t what he had expected at all, and, to be frank, he was a little afraid of her. Botch’s fins flared slightly as he met her gaze.

She smiled at him and squeaked. It didn’t calm his fears that much. He stepped forward nervously.

“What- what happened…?” He apprehensively peered behind the hatchling and gasped.

3145rw8.jpg

It was another guardian, but very scrawny, and much paler than its sister. There were deep, bloody gashes all over its body. It was very much dead. The inside of the nest was like a red pool.

“She was the prettier one.” Keto said softly behind him. Botch turned to look at Keto, confusion and fear on his face.

“But she was so weak.” They shook their head in disgust. “I told Gut-ripper to do it.” They said, indicating the other hatchling proudly. “It’s better this way, Eye-sore.”

Botch could only gape at the remaining hatchling in shock. “This- this doesn’t seem natural.” He blurted. The hatchling turned her head sideways to look at him in confusion. Keto gave him a sharp look.

“The strong destroy the weak. It’s absolutely natural. You should know that by know.”

Botch dipped his head apologetically. Keto’s tail twitched in irritation. They sighed.

“Go on then, introduce yourself to your daughter.”

His throat felt dry. He cleared his throat and met her gaze warily. “Hi there. I’m your dad.” She blinked at him. He hesitated, unsure how to proceed. “Why don’t we… get you cleaned up?” Botch looked at Keto, who nodded slightly.

He gently picked her up by the scruff of her neck. She struggled a little initially, emitting a series of squeaks, but then hung limply and allowed herself to be carried. They made their way to the stream, a bloody path trailing behind them.

Day thirty three:
Corroded Iron Nugget
Yeah, that item has nothing to do with the update.

Day Thirty Four

Any suggestions on what to name the awful demon child? Gut-ripper is just a Ketoname™. I'm kind of struggling to come up with one. :U
t7ikix.jpg
My nuzlocke! ^
@Tar

Lilith
Absinthe
Rue

Also wow she is as hideous as she is gorgeous. xD And rip the other little one. ;_; That is so Keto. i hate you Keto. >_>;
@Tar

Lilith
Absinthe
Rue

Also wow she is as hideous as she is gorgeous. xD And rip the other little one. ;_; That is so Keto. i hate you Keto. >_>;
💛💚💙💜❤️♥♡kytten♡♥❤️💜💙💚💛
@Tar OMG, the pinkness... I think I'm blind... I have to say, I would've been surprised if both of the hatchlings *had* survived and nothing awful happened, but dear god, do I not want to be around a Keto (TM) parented child... But yay for Botch starting to somewhat question the general proceedings around him, maybe there's hope for him yet. Is he *sure* Keto's his charge? Can Guardians be wrong about who their charge is?
Lol for the floracat in boots... Yeah, I wonder, too, who all these boots belong to. I mean, we fish them out of the water by the hundreds...
@Tar OMG, the pinkness... I think I'm blind... I have to say, I would've been surprised if both of the hatchlings *had* survived and nothing awful happened, but dear god, do I not want to be around a Keto (TM) parented child... But yay for Botch starting to somewhat question the general proceedings around him, maybe there's hope for him yet. Is he *sure* Keto's his charge? Can Guardians be wrong about who their charge is?
Lol for the floracat in boots... Yeah, I wonder, too, who all these boots belong to. I mean, we fish them out of the water by the hundreds...
x0CMhAc.png is5IYGR.png Ash and Dust- My Pinker-Locke
@Tar

This is great so far! Can I be added to the pinglist, please?
@Tar

This is great so far! Can I be added to the pinglist, please?
6klg2iF.png
@sykotikkytten
Great suggestions! I used one of them. You could check my lair and see, or just wait for the update, which should occur later today for the name reveal.

@CanisLupus03
Unfortunately, Keto really is his charge. Magical memory loss is a consequence of finding a charge (in my canon anyway). A confused guardian is an interesting idea though! :V

@linguistic
Of course!
@sykotikkytten
Great suggestions! I used one of them. You could check my lair and see, or just wait for the update, which should occur later today for the name reveal.

@CanisLupus03
Unfortunately, Keto really is his charge. Magical memory loss is a consequence of finding a charge (in my canon anyway). A confused guardian is an interesting idea though! :V

@linguistic
Of course!
t7ikix.jpg
My nuzlocke! ^
@Tar
Perfect.
@Tar
Perfect.
💛💚💙💜❤️♥♡kytten♡♥❤️💜💙💚💛
@blaireau @sykotikkytten @CanisLupus03 @SparkyLurkdragon @Averis @Orru @SnoCone @linguistic [center][img]http://oi57.tinypic.com/2uo45ra.jpg[/img][/center] The hatchling, which Botch had formally named Rue, needed a lair of her own. Keto’s lair, while spacious, was no place for a child. But Keto couldn’t stand the thought of their precious young murder-beast living in some dirty crack in the ground with Botch. So a temporary shelter was made. It was made of an emptied shellion shell that Keto had preserved. It hung in a tree, away from the jaws of potential predators. It was kind of cute when Rue stuck her head out of the shell's front opening. But it was by no means a permanent solution. Rue gobbled up every scrap of meat presented to her, and she was growing bigger and heavier every day. The ropes that were holding the shell lair up in the tree creaked under the strain the hatchling placed on them, and she was having a harder and harder time squeezing in and out. None of the dragons could think of a good solution. Meanwhile, she learned how to speak. Keto was very particular about how they spent their time with Rue. They had little interest in actually being a parent – that was Botch’s responsibility. Keto was primarily concerned with educating her about the privileges of having the blood of a god. Keto began their lessons as soon as she was able to understand them. Rue absorbed it all with rapt interest. Simultaneously, Botch tried to teach her survival techniques, a field in which he was only vaguely skilled. Even though his opinion of Rue wasn't overwhelmingly positive, the experience made him feel much more mature. He discovered he actually had a lot of wisdom to share. One day Botch took Rue out of the camp to teach her how to forage for food. He patiently showed her where the biggest grubs could be found, and how to strip bark away from logs to get to them. But Rue wasn’t at all interested in grubs. “They’re so gross! I want an elk leg!” She whined, sticking her tongue out at the wriggling larvae. Botch was a little miffed. “They taste better than they look, I promise. Try one!” He coaxed, but she wasn’t having any of it. “Why bother eating these things when you could eat an elk instead?” He frowned and sighed. “Rue, you probably won’t be able to catch elk when you’re older.” “Why not?” Rue scowled. “Well, we don’t exactly blend in.” He said bluntly. Rue looked down at her magenta feet and then growled at Botch, inky eyes narrowed. “I’m the daughter of a god. What does it matter if I can’t catch my own food? That’s what Murex is for, right?” Botch snorted. “Rue, one day you won’t have Murex to catch elk for you. You’ll have your own charge, and maybe even a mate. You can’t expect them to do all the work, even if you are related to a god.” Rue eyed the grubs resentfully. “I won’t ever leave, then. I’ll guard Keto, like you.” Botch shook his head. “It doesn’t work that way, one day you-” “I’m a god! I can change the rules if I want to!” She shouted. “You have no power over me!” Her lips were pulled back into a snarl. It might have been frightening if she was bigger. But she was just a child, and Botch weighed thousands of pounds. He roared at her savagely and she stumbled backwards. Her eyes were wide in shock. Botch could tell she was upset, and immediately felt guilty. But before he could say anything, Rue ran away. “Wait, stop!” He chased after her, but her small size was an advantage in the thick forest. He moved as quickly as he could, but rapidly lost sight of her. His heart pounded. Keto would be furious if he lost her. Suddenly he heard a crash of foliage, and a shrill scream. His breath caught in his throat. Day thirty four: [item=turtle shell] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1528539/9#13943995]Day Thirty Five[/url]
@blaireau @sykotikkytten @CanisLupus03 @SparkyLurkdragon @Averis @Orru @SnoCone @linguistic
2uo45ra.jpg

The hatchling, which Botch had formally named Rue, needed a lair of her own. Keto’s lair, while spacious, was no place for a child. But Keto couldn’t stand the thought of their precious young murder-beast living in some dirty crack in the ground with Botch.

So a temporary shelter was made. It was made of an emptied shellion shell that Keto had preserved. It hung in a tree, away from the jaws of potential predators. It was kind of cute when Rue stuck her head out of the shell's front opening. But it was by no means a permanent solution.

Rue gobbled up every scrap of meat presented to her, and she was growing bigger and heavier every day. The ropes that were holding the shell lair up in the tree creaked under the strain the hatchling placed on them, and she was having a harder and harder time squeezing in and out. None of the dragons could think of a good solution.

Meanwhile, she learned how to speak.

Keto was very particular about how they spent their time with Rue. They had little interest in actually being a parent – that was Botch’s responsibility. Keto was primarily concerned with educating her about the privileges of having the blood of a god. Keto began their lessons as soon as she was able to understand them. Rue absorbed it all with rapt interest.

Simultaneously, Botch tried to teach her survival techniques, a field in which he was only vaguely skilled. Even though his opinion of Rue wasn't overwhelmingly positive, the experience made him feel much more mature. He discovered he actually had a lot of wisdom to share.

One day Botch took Rue out of the camp to teach her how to forage for food. He patiently showed her where the biggest grubs could be found, and how to strip bark away from logs to get to them.

But Rue wasn’t at all interested in grubs.

“They’re so gross! I want an elk leg!” She whined, sticking her tongue out at the wriggling larvae. Botch was a little miffed.

“They taste better than they look, I promise. Try one!” He coaxed, but she wasn’t having any of it.

“Why bother eating these things when you could eat an elk instead?”

He frowned and sighed. “Rue, you probably won’t be able to catch elk when you’re older.”

“Why not?” Rue scowled.

“Well, we don’t exactly blend in.” He said bluntly. Rue looked down at her magenta feet and then growled at Botch, inky eyes narrowed.

“I’m the daughter of a god. What does it matter if I can’t catch my own food? That’s what Murex is for, right?”

Botch snorted. “Rue, one day you won’t have Murex to catch elk for you. You’ll have your own charge, and maybe even a mate. You can’t expect them to do all the work, even if you are related to a god.”

Rue eyed the grubs resentfully. “I won’t ever leave, then. I’ll guard Keto, like you.”

Botch shook his head. “It doesn’t work that way, one day you-”

“I’m a god! I can change the rules if I want to!” She shouted. “You have no power over me!” Her lips were pulled back into a snarl. It might have been frightening if she was bigger. But she was just a child, and Botch weighed thousands of pounds. He roared at her savagely and she stumbled backwards. Her eyes were wide in shock.

Botch could tell she was upset, and immediately felt guilty. But before he could say anything, Rue ran away.

“Wait, stop!” He chased after her, but her small size was an advantage in the thick forest. He moved as quickly as he could, but rapidly lost sight of her. His heart pounded. Keto would be furious if he lost her.

Suddenly he heard a crash of foliage, and a shrill scream. His breath caught in his throat.

Day thirty four:
Turtle Shell

Day Thirty Five
t7ikix.jpg
My nuzlocke! ^
@tar

just thinking - it'd be rather interesting if Rue found Murex as her charge...
@tar

just thinking - it'd be rather interesting if Rue found Murex as her charge...
tumblr_o0zdk7U6M21u3wsjco6_250.png a1rYPJ5.png

gASzi6V.pngtP5PUOX.png

they/them; +17fr
doodle art
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19 20