Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Terrible Lag (Solved)
1 2
Contacted my ISP and they overlooked something and found a mistake in their system. (Nevertheless it won't hurt if flightrising adds some more servers) [b]Browser(s) Used: [/b]Google Chrome [b]Browser(s) Version:[/b] 72.0.3626.121 (Officiële build) (64-bits) [b] Device(s) Used: [/b]MSI Leopard Laptop [b]Device Operating System: [/b]Windows 8.1 [b]Operating System Version:[/b] ....8.1 obviously [b]Internet Connection Type:[/b] Wireless [b]Antivirus Installed:[/b] Avira [b]Antivirus Version: [/b]15.0.44.143 [b]Describe the bug in detail:[/b] Everything I do suddenly has lag. Sometimes I spend so long waiting for a page that I get an error message saying that FR takes too long to respond. I contacted my ISP about it and they asked me to run a tracert. From this they deducted that the lag occurs beyond their service and that I should contact FR about changing the route they send me through. This a tracert I ran: [code]Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600] (c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. Alle rechten voorbehouden. C:\Users\Raichi> tracert www.flightrising.com Tracing route to www.flightrising.com [108.62.116.87] over a maximum of 30 hops: 1 3 ms 1 ms 3 ms 192.168.178.1 2 10 ms 11 ms 8 ms 10.160.103.1 3 12 ms 9 ms 9 ms 212.142.53.13 4 13 ms 14 ms 12 ms asd-tr0021-cr101-be113-2.core.as33915.net [213.5 1.7.96] 5 * * * Request timed out. 6 12 ms 12 ms 12 ms nl-ams04a-ri3-ae8-0.aorta.net [84.116.130.97] 7 12 ms 11 ms 12 ms 213.46.182.162 8 125 ms 120 ms 121 ms adm-bb4-link.telia.net [62.115.137.64] 9 102 ms 105 ms 116 ms ldn-bb4-link.telia.net [62.115.134.27] 10 18 ms 19 ms 18 ms ldn-b4-link.telia.net [62.115.134.139] 11 121 ms 120 ms 120 ms ldn-bb3-link.telia.net [62.115.134.134] 12 120 ms 123 ms 119 ms prs-bb3-link.telia.net [62.115.134.92] 13 123 ms 119 ms 121 ms ash-bb4-link.telia.net [62.115.112.242] 14 121 ms 120 ms 120 ms ash-b1-link.telia.net [213.155.136.39] 15 122 ms 122 ms 125 ms leaseweb-ic-332456-ash-b1.c.telia.net [80.239.19 4.93] 16 120 ms 120 ms 120 ms po-7.ce02.wdc-01.us.leaseweb.net [108.59.15.121] 17 120 ms 121 ms 120 ms main3.stormlightworkshop.com [108.62.116.87] Trace complete. [/code] Please change my route already. I contacted FR about this weeks ago and it still hasn't been fixed. It is really bothersome!!! I can't even use the coliseum properly because of the lag! Leveling fodder should be five minutes of work, but because of the lag it takes forever! Browsing the forum is also troublesome as I'm spending a long time loading the pages due to this lag. No other site has this problem, only FR, and it is because of the IP hops. I hope this can be fixed before mistral jamboree otherwise that ruins the festival.[emoji=coatl angry] [b]ISP:[/b] Ziggo [b]Anything else noteworthy: [/b]This happened on either March 5th or March 6th. Not sure what you guys did on that day or around that time, but if you could undo it that would be great. Flight rising used to run super fast, and now it's slower than a 90's computer running a search query.
Contacted my ISP and they overlooked something and found a mistake in their system. (Nevertheless it won't hurt if flightrising adds some more servers)

Browser(s) Used: Google Chrome

Browser(s) Version: 72.0.3626.121 (Officiële build) (64-bits)

Device(s) Used:
MSI Leopard Laptop

Device Operating System: Windows 8.1

Operating System Version: ....8.1 obviously

Internet Connection Type: Wireless

Antivirus Installed: Avira

Antivirus Version: 15.0.44.143

Describe the bug in detail:

Everything I do suddenly has lag. Sometimes I spend so long waiting for a page that I get an error message saying that FR takes too long to respond. I contacted my ISP about it and they asked me to run a tracert. From this they deducted that the lag occurs beyond their service and that I should contact FR about changing the route they send me through.

This a tracert I ran:
Code:
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600] (c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. Alle rechten voorbehouden. C:\Users\Raichi> tracert www.flightrising.com Tracing route to www.flightrising.com [108.62.116.87] over a maximum of 30 hops: 1 3 ms 1 ms 3 ms 192.168.178.1 2 10 ms 11 ms 8 ms 10.160.103.1 3 12 ms 9 ms 9 ms 212.142.53.13 4 13 ms 14 ms 12 ms asd-tr0021-cr101-be113-2.core.as33915.net [213.5 1.7.96] 5 * * * Request timed out. 6 12 ms 12 ms 12 ms nl-ams04a-ri3-ae8-0.aorta.net [84.116.130.97] 7 12 ms 11 ms 12 ms 213.46.182.162 8 125 ms 120 ms 121 ms adm-bb4-link.telia.net [62.115.137.64] 9 102 ms 105 ms 116 ms ldn-bb4-link.telia.net [62.115.134.27] 10 18 ms 19 ms 18 ms ldn-b4-link.telia.net [62.115.134.139] 11 121 ms 120 ms 120 ms ldn-bb3-link.telia.net [62.115.134.134] 12 120 ms 123 ms 119 ms prs-bb3-link.telia.net [62.115.134.92] 13 123 ms 119 ms 121 ms ash-bb4-link.telia.net [62.115.112.242] 14 121 ms 120 ms 120 ms ash-b1-link.telia.net [213.155.136.39] 15 122 ms 122 ms 125 ms leaseweb-ic-332456-ash-b1.c.telia.net [80.239.19 4.93] 16 120 ms 120 ms 120 ms po-7.ce02.wdc-01.us.leaseweb.net [108.59.15.121] 17 120 ms 121 ms 120 ms main3.stormlightworkshop.com [108.62.116.87] Trace complete.

Please change my route already. I contacted FR about this weeks ago and it still hasn't been fixed. It is really bothersome!!! I can't even use the coliseum properly because of the lag! Leveling fodder should be five minutes of work, but because of the lag it takes forever! Browsing the forum is also troublesome as I'm spending a long time loading the pages due to this lag.

No other site has this problem, only FR, and it is because of the IP hops.
I hope this can be fixed before mistral jamboree otherwise that ruins the festival.

ISP: Ziggo

Anything else noteworthy: This happened on either March 5th or March 6th. Not sure what you guys did on that day or around that time, but if you could undo it that would be great. Flight rising used to run super fast, and now it's slower than a 90's computer running a search query.
Why is this taking so long to fix?
Why is this taking so long to fix?
@inuraichi
While I'm not a network expert, I don't think FR has any control over how you receive data. All FR does is respond to requests from your PC - the network infrastructure past their servers belongs either to your country or your ISP, depending on where you live. If their server hosts aren't experiencing problems (which it looks like they aren't, since you're the only one reporting lag) it's not FR's fault.
@inuraichi
While I'm not a network expert, I don't think FR has any control over how you receive data. All FR does is respond to requests from your PC - the network infrastructure past their servers belongs either to your country or your ISP, depending on where you live. If their server hosts aren't experiencing problems (which it looks like they aren't, since you're the only one reporting lag) it's not FR's fault.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
@Vendrus Did you not read my Post? My ISP, who unlike you ARE network experts, instructed me to contact flightrising, specifically telling me that they(as in, flightrising) [b]do[/b] have control over which route they send differing IP's through. Which can be read here if you had actually read it. [quote] I contacted my ISP about it and they asked me to run a tracert. From this they deducted that the lag occurs beyond their service and that I should contact FR about changing the route they send me through.[/quote] Or maybe you had, and just thought you knew more about networks than internet service providers... [emoji=mirror deadpan]
@Vendrus Did you not read my Post?

My ISP, who unlike you ARE network experts, instructed me to contact flightrising, specifically telling me that they(as in, flightrising) do have control over which route they send differing IP's through.

Which can be read here if you had actually read it.
Quote:
I contacted my ISP about it and they asked me to run a tracert. From this they deducted that the lag occurs beyond their service and that I should contact FR about changing the route they send me through.

Or maybe you had, and just thought you knew more about networks than internet service providers...
@inuraichi Given that in pretty much every interaction I've had with ISPs, I [i]did[/i] know more than everyone until the service technicians, and ISPs are notorious for trying to blame anything except themselves in order to keep costs down... yeah. I've done a fair bit of work with networks professionally, I just wouldn't call myself an expert. Taken from wikipedia, which doesn't have an incentive to make you go away as fast as possible... [quote]The Internet is partitioned into autonomous systems such as internet service providers (ISPs), each of which controls routes involving its network[/quote] Being rude is unhelpful. FR cannot affect routing past their servers, and any changes to server setup would affect large numbers of people.
@inuraichi
Given that in pretty much every interaction I've had with ISPs, I did know more than everyone until the service technicians, and ISPs are notorious for trying to blame anything except themselves in order to keep costs down... yeah. I've done a fair bit of work with networks professionally, I just wouldn't call myself an expert.

Taken from wikipedia, which doesn't have an incentive to make you go away as fast as possible...
Quote:
The Internet is partitioned into autonomous systems such as internet service providers (ISPs), each of which controls routes involving its network

Being rude is unhelpful. FR cannot affect routing past their servers, and any changes to server setup would affect large numbers of people.
@Vendrus The key word being ITS network.

My ISP which can be seen at the first hop only has 3mili second delay TOPS.

Where it really goes wrong is in IP's located in Switserland and beyond, which, guess what IS NOT PART OF MY ISP.
@Vendrus The key word being ITS network.

My ISP which can be seen at the first hop only has 3mili second delay TOPS.

Where it really goes wrong is in IP's located in Switserland and beyond, which, guess what IS NOT PART OF MY ISP.
@inuraichi
It doesn't belong to FR, either.
Either way, you're far better off sending in a Contact Us, since this appears to be unique to your account and not a gameplay issue.
@inuraichi
It doesn't belong to FR, either.
Either way, you're far better off sending in a Contact Us, since this appears to be unique to your account and not a gameplay issue.
@Vendrus I have already done that. It's just taking them forever to even respond so sending in a bug report is usefull as it gives them extra information. Not to mention it can be usefull to other people located in Europe who have similar issues.

I also humored your insult that my ISP are a bunch of liars and contacted them that according to you flightrising has zero input into what internet routes their users use and that they are the only ones who could fix it, so I will let you know how that goes. They will either admit to having made a mistake OR they will provide me with evidence to prove to you that it's not up to them to fix (since you won't take my word for it)

What makes you so certain that flightrising can't choose internet routes for their users? This is the only site I have this lag with, not youtube, not deviantart, not smackjeeves or any other site for that matter. It just astounds me how people can be so butthurt whenever flightrising is to blame for something they are obviously to blame for.
@Vendrus I have already done that. It's just taking them forever to even respond so sending in a bug report is usefull as it gives them extra information. Not to mention it can be usefull to other people located in Europe who have similar issues.

I also humored your insult that my ISP are a bunch of liars and contacted them that according to you flightrising has zero input into what internet routes their users use and that they are the only ones who could fix it, so I will let you know how that goes. They will either admit to having made a mistake OR they will provide me with evidence to prove to you that it's not up to them to fix (since you won't take my word for it)

What makes you so certain that flightrising can't choose internet routes for their users? This is the only site I have this lag with, not youtube, not deviantart, not smackjeeves or any other site for that matter. It just astounds me how people can be so butthurt whenever flightrising is to blame for something they are obviously to blame for.
@inuraichi
You're being rude and putting words in my mouth that I didn't even imply. I tried to help and add information, but since you don't seem to want a response from users - who are typically the only ones who talk here since staff almost always only deal directly with Contact Us - please don't ping me again.
@inuraichi
You're being rude and putting words in my mouth that I didn't even imply. I tried to help and add information, but since you don't seem to want a response from users - who are typically the only ones who talk here since staff almost always only deal directly with Contact Us - please don't ping me again.
@inuraichi

Looks like your ISP is fobbing you off with real information but not actual information on what is happening or why.

Look at it like sending physical mail. Your ISP is responsible for the trip mail that they receive addressed to you and for picking up mail you send them. That's great and they are doing their job well.

The problem is that outside of their system they're dropping your mail into someone else's system (and so on and so forth and that's where you suddenly get the timeouts. Your ISP gives your mail to Bob (who's the next nearest router to your destination) and Bob looks around to give it to Sue and so on. The problem is that one of the routers on that trip is not actually doing anything.

Each of those systems checks for the quickest route each time they get new stuff based on the address of what they are receiving and what currently online systems are between them and the destination. If a "bad" router is still sending "I'm open" packets still get sent there if it's the fastest route. The timeout occurs when the "bad" router never sends back the "I got it and I'm sending it on" message to the last router. At that point the previous router checks again and selects a new router to pass your stuff to.

Actual computer terms and explanation.

The only way to change your route is for either the router timing out to be replaced/removed, use a VPN that will have different starting point and thus connection points, or FR adds a new server somewhere else that will give a different end point (and thus needs a different route to them).

Technically, your ISP is telling the truth--FR can change your route (by adding a new server in a different location). However "contact FR to have it changed" is your ISP getting you off the phone to keep their average call time down.
@inuraichi

Looks like your ISP is fobbing you off with real information but not actual information on what is happening or why.

Look at it like sending physical mail. Your ISP is responsible for the trip mail that they receive addressed to you and for picking up mail you send them. That's great and they are doing their job well.

The problem is that outside of their system they're dropping your mail into someone else's system (and so on and so forth and that's where you suddenly get the timeouts. Your ISP gives your mail to Bob (who's the next nearest router to your destination) and Bob looks around to give it to Sue and so on. The problem is that one of the routers on that trip is not actually doing anything.

Each of those systems checks for the quickest route each time they get new stuff based on the address of what they are receiving and what currently online systems are between them and the destination. If a "bad" router is still sending "I'm open" packets still get sent there if it's the fastest route. The timeout occurs when the "bad" router never sends back the "I got it and I'm sending it on" message to the last router. At that point the previous router checks again and selects a new router to pass your stuff to.

Actual computer terms and explanation.

The only way to change your route is for either the router timing out to be replaced/removed, use a VPN that will have different starting point and thus connection points, or FR adds a new server somewhere else that will give a different end point (and thus needs a different route to them).

Technically, your ISP is telling the truth--FR can change your route (by adding a new server in a different location). However "contact FR to have it changed" is your ISP getting you off the phone to keep their average call time down.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
1 2