Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Can't Scroll in Item Selection
1 2 3 4
@Pheonyx @Fyari @Warhawk @shadowartist206 @Vortex @sillyselkie @Yeou @suzerain @cicadasprite @christina @Rexcaliburr @DeltaDarklight @anorith @Frayta @Novaa @Weathering @Syrae Sorry for the mass ping, but this seems to be a growing problem with the latest updates. If you could try the following fixes and report back we might be able to solve this. http://heresthethingblog.com/2015/03/10/mac-tip-macs-scroll-bars/ Same instructions with screenshot: http://kb.tableau.com/articles/knowledgebase/displaying-scroll-bar Short explanation is that the Lion update minimizes/hides scrollbars and every so often the "Always show scrollbars" gets unchecked when some software updates come out. Other work arounds: [quote]After bringing up the pop-up to select in messages, baldwin, etc., tap once in the pop up, once outside the pop up and then hold and scroll normally in the pop up. [/quote] [quote]Go to chrome://flags/ and set ↓ "Touch Optimized UI Windows" -Enables experimental layout refinements to improve user experience with touch screens. to Disabled [/quote] Please pm me if any of these work or don't work for you so I can update my knowledge base. Thank you and good luck!
@Pheonyx @Fyari @Warhawk @shadowartist206 @Vortex @sillyselkie @Yeou @suzerain @cicadasprite @christina @Rexcaliburr @DeltaDarklight @anorith @Frayta @Novaa @Weathering @Syrae

Sorry for the mass ping, but this seems to be a growing problem with the latest updates. If you could try the following fixes and report back we might be able to solve this.

http://heresthethingblog.com/2015/03/10/mac-tip-macs-scroll-bars/

Same instructions with screenshot:

http://kb.tableau.com/articles/knowledgebase/displaying-scroll-bar

Short explanation is that the Lion update minimizes/hides scrollbars and every so often the "Always show scrollbars" gets unchecked when some software updates come out.

Other work arounds:
Quote:
After bringing up the pop-up to select in messages, baldwin, etc., tap once in the pop up, once outside the pop up and then hold and scroll normally in the pop up.
Quote:
Go to chrome://flags/
and set ↓

"Touch Optimized UI Windows"
-Enables experimental layout refinements to improve user experience with touch screens.

to Disabled

Please pm me if any of these work or don't work for you so I can update my knowledge base. Thank you and good luck!
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Nightwind

I did the "heresthethingblog" tips and it actually worked for me. Went to systems preference --> general --> scrollbar "always".

It's not the same scrolling I was used to, but with Chrome I can scroll now.
@Nightwind

I did the "heresthethingblog" tips and it actually worked for me. Went to systems preference --> general --> scrollbar "always".

It's not the same scrolling I was used to, but with Chrome I can scroll now.
shelb.gif shellbubble.gif
I did what @Warhawk suggested.

It didn't fix the gesture scrolling with my touch pad, but at least I can scroll in baldwins now.
I did what @Warhawk suggested.

It didn't fix the gesture scrolling with my touch pad, but at least I can scroll in baldwins now.
tumblr_nh64rms0ri1qmza3yo5_r1_250.png Plagueisweenies2k15
@Frayta

Did the other two suggestions I listed help?
@Frayta

Did the other two suggestions I listed help?
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Nightwind That worked! Thanks, now I no longer have to open Safari just to sell things on the AH.
@Nightwind That worked! Thanks, now I no longer have to open Safari just to sell things on the AH.
@Nightwind

I've been having the same problem for a while now but your method worked. I had to force my computer to show the scrollbar in preferences, so now I can drag it up and down. Still can't use the trackpad, but at least I can finally get to my other items without switching browsers.
Thank you!
@Nightwind

I've been having the same problem for a while now but your method worked. I had to force my computer to show the scrollbar in preferences, so now I can drag it up and down. Still can't use the trackpad, but at least I can finally get to my other items without switching browsers.
Thank you!
tumblr_inline_n6kduuBoHW1qlye38.gif tumblr_inline_n6kdumWg7l1qlye38.gif tumblr_inline_n6kduh3u891qlye38.gif
made by wakor
@Nightwind

thank you for the response! That worked for me, I'm so happy! :)
@Nightwind

thank you for the response! That worked for me, I'm so happy! :)
6iOpr3w.png
@ACWN If you want to pass along to the devs what I posted above:

It's because the parent container for the scrollable list (#swaptabs) is positioned absolutely. The popup dialog code needs to be rewritten slightly.
@ACWN If you want to pass along to the devs what I posted above:

It's because the parent container for the scrollable list (#swaptabs) is positioned absolutely. The popup dialog code needs to be rewritten slightly.
@Nightwind tried all of these - if i set scrollbars to show all the time, i still can't scroll with the trackpad, but i can manually drag the scrollbar up and down, so that's better than nothing. unfortunately the other two workarounds don't seem to do anything for me.
@Nightwind tried all of these - if i set scrollbars to show all the time, i still can't scroll with the trackpad, but i can manually drag the scrollbar up and down, so that's better than nothing. unfortunately the other two workarounds don't seem to do anything for me.
ZNNckBY.png
@rykos

Admins have been notified!
@rykos

Admins have been notified!
..........................................................~FR+1~
Mod Tip: Site bugging out? Clear your cache. :)
Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group.
GnWIkP6.gif
1 2 3 4