Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Can't Scroll in Item Selection
Having an issue where in the popup to select an item (message center, Baldwin, Crossroads, etc) the item selection window will no longer scroll. I used to be able to hover my mouse over the window and use the scroll wheel to scroll down, but now it scrolls the entire page instead. Clicking in the window doesn't help. The scroll bar doesn't even appear so I can't click and drag that either.

Computer 1:
Macbook Pro 2014, OSX Yosemite
Google Chrome problems (Safari works as intended)
Home Internet Connection, Comcast Xfinity
No antivirus installed
First noticed Saturday, March 27th
Item selection windows on pages on www1 domain do not scroll with scroll wheel, nor does a scrollbar appear on right side of window.
Troubleshooting steps: Cleared cache and restarted computer

Computer 2:
Macbook Pro 2015, OSX Yosemite
Work Internet Connection, unknown provider
No antivirus installed
Tested Tuesday, March 29th
Item selection windows on pages on www1 domain do not scroll with scroll wheel, BUT a scrollbar appeared on the right side of the window, allowing me to click and drag it to scroll down.
HOWEVER, when I brought this computer home (as it's my work computer) it acted the same as Computer 1 and no scrollbar appeared.
Having an issue where in the popup to select an item (message center, Baldwin, Crossroads, etc) the item selection window will no longer scroll. I used to be able to hover my mouse over the window and use the scroll wheel to scroll down, but now it scrolls the entire page instead. Clicking in the window doesn't help. The scroll bar doesn't even appear so I can't click and drag that either.

Computer 1:
Macbook Pro 2014, OSX Yosemite
Home Internet Connection, Comcast Xfinity
No antivirus installed
First noticed Saturday, March 27th
Item selection windows on pages on www1 domain do not scroll with scroll wheel, nor does a scrollbar appear on right side of window.
Troubleshooting steps: Cleared cache and restarted computer

Computer 2:
Macbook Pro 2015, OSX Yosemite
Work Internet Connection, unknown provider
No antivirus installed
Tested Tuesday, March 29th
Item selection windows on pages on www1 domain do not scroll with scroll wheel, BUT a scrollbar appeared on the right side of the window, allowing me to click and drag it to scroll down.
HOWEVER, when I brought this computer home (as it's my work computer) it acted the same as Computer 1 and no scrollbar appeared.
@Pheonyx Sounds like a browser issue rather than a site issue. Clear your browser's cache and see if it clears up.
@Pheonyx Sounds like a browser issue rather than a site issue. Clear your browser's cache and see if it clears up.
@chespin Cleared cache and restarted browser, did not fix.
@chespin Cleared cache and restarted browser, did not fix.
I am also having this issue, also using Chrome on a Mac. It started yesterday, at some point.

Edit:

I'm using Chrome 49.0.2623.110 (64-bit) on a Macbook pro running OS X 10.9.5, on my home wifi. A quick check says scrolling works in Safari, like Pheonyx said, at least in attempting to attach items to a message-- Baldwin's brewing, so I can't check that at the moment.

To describe the issue more thoroughly, attempting to scroll in the choosing-an-item-to-melt-or-attach window with two fingers on the touchpad or using my mouse's scroll wheel just scrolls the entire page-- I can still scroll by clicking and dragging the little scrollbar inside the item selecting window. (And I see that Pheonyx can't. O_O I hope I don't catch that!)

Oh! Since I just thought of it and checked, I also can't scroll when trying to add an item to a CR! (Though I do have a tiny scroll bar, so 'can't scroll' is not strictly true. But I can't scroll with gestures or my scroll wheel, which are vastly preferable to having to click a scroll bar.)

This happens every time I try to attach items to something, and has been for... two days or so? I could definitely scroll on the 26th, in the morning, so some point between then and when I made this post originally it stopped working...
I am also having this issue, also using Chrome on a Mac. It started yesterday, at some point.

Edit:

I'm using Chrome 49.0.2623.110 (64-bit) on a Macbook pro running OS X 10.9.5, on my home wifi. A quick check says scrolling works in Safari, like Pheonyx said, at least in attempting to attach items to a message-- Baldwin's brewing, so I can't check that at the moment.

To describe the issue more thoroughly, attempting to scroll in the choosing-an-item-to-melt-or-attach window with two fingers on the touchpad or using my mouse's scroll wheel just scrolls the entire page-- I can still scroll by clicking and dragging the little scrollbar inside the item selecting window. (And I see that Pheonyx can't. O_O I hope I don't catch that!)

Oh! Since I just thought of it and checked, I also can't scroll when trying to add an item to a CR! (Though I do have a tiny scroll bar, so 'can't scroll' is not strictly true. But I can't scroll with gestures or my scroll wheel, which are vastly preferable to having to click a scroll bar.)

This happens every time I try to attach items to something, and has been for... two days or so? I could definitely scroll on the 26th, in the morning, so some point between then and when I made this post originally it stopped working...
A lot of people are having the same issue, including me. Really hoping staff clears it up soon.

EDIT

Date Time: March 24th
Troubleshooting Steps: Cleared cache/history
Operating system: Macbook Pro 2014
Browser: Google Chrome (which was recently updated)
Connection: Multiple Wireless (different houses)
Antivirus: None (I have adblock)

Also, good job ACWN for getting a volunteer mod spot, I always see you around water!
A lot of people are having the same issue, including me. Really hoping staff clears it up soon.

EDIT

Date Time: March 24th
Troubleshooting Steps: Cleared cache/history
Operating system: Macbook Pro 2014
Browser: Google Chrome (which was recently updated)
Connection: Multiple Wireless (different houses)
Antivirus: None (I have adblock)

Also, good job ACWN for getting a volunteer mod spot, I always see you around water!
shelb.gif shellbubble.gif
@Warhawk @Fyari @Pheonyx Hello all! If you could do the developers a favor and edit your posts to include the following, it would really help them out: [LIST] [*] Date/Time when the bug was experienced [*] Reproducible steps [*] Troubleshooting steps tried (cache clearing, viewing on other browsers/devices, etc) [*] System information [list] [*] Operating System and version [*] Browsers used and version [*] Device type [*] Connection type: home, school, work, wireless, connected, mobile data [*] Antivirus program [/LIST] Also include any other information you think might help (such as does it work on one browser but not another). The more details they have, the easier it is for them to work on the issue.
@Warhawk
@Fyari
@Pheonyx

Hello all! If you could do the developers a favor and edit your posts to include the following, it would really help them out:

• Date/Time when the bug was experienced
  • Reproducible steps
  • Troubleshooting steps tried (cache clearing, viewing on other browsers/devices, etc)
  • System information
    • Operating System and version
    • Browsers used and version
    • Device type
    • Connection type: home, school, work, wireless, connected, mobile data
    • Antivirus program

Also include any other information you think might help (such as does it work on one browser but not another). The more details they have, the easier it is for them to work on the issue.
..........................................................~FR+1~
Mod Tip: Site bugging out? Clear your cache. :)
Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group.
GnWIkP6.gif
Updated my first post. Interestingly, I had different results at work vs at home.
Updated my first post. Interestingly, I had different results at work vs at home.
I have this same problem ;-;
I have this same problem ;-;
Ah, guess I'll stick this here. I'm like 90% sure it's a Chrome on Mac problem.

• Date/Time when the bug was experienced: always
  • Reproducible steps: 1. go to crossroads 2. try to add item 3. try to scroll. Fail.
  • Troubleshooting steps tried (cache clearing, viewing on other browsers/devices, etc): cache
  • cleared, nada. Can scroll on chrome on my PC. That's why I'm betting it's a mac problem, as others above me are also on apple products.

System information
  • Operating System and version: OS X El Capitan
  • Browsers used and version: Chrome, most recent version whatever it is
  • Device type: macbook
  • Connection type: home, school, work, wireless, connected, mobile data: everywhere except mobile
  • Antivirus program: none
Ah, guess I'll stick this here. I'm like 90% sure it's a Chrome on Mac problem.

• Date/Time when the bug was experienced: always
  • Reproducible steps: 1. go to crossroads 2. try to add item 3. try to scroll. Fail.
  • Troubleshooting steps tried (cache clearing, viewing on other browsers/devices, etc): cache
  • cleared, nada. Can scroll on chrome on my PC. That's why I'm betting it's a mac problem, as others above me are also on apple products.

System information
  • Operating System and version: OS X El Capitan
  • Browsers used and version: Chrome, most recent version whatever it is
  • Device type: macbook
  • Connection type: home, school, work, wireless, connected, mobile data: everywhere except mobile
  • Antivirus program: none
moj0Ael.png
I'm still having this issue as well! I don't think I've always had scrolling problems on my mac -- it's more of a recent thing. I've had problems for this past half month or so.

I also use Google Chrome on a Mac. Seeing a pattern here -- definitely a macbook and chrome issue. Has anyone found a fix yet? I basically cannot use Crossroads or send things in attachments.
I'm still having this issue as well! I don't think I've always had scrolling problems on my mac -- it's more of a recent thing. I've had problems for this past half month or so.

I also use Google Chrome on a Mac. Seeing a pattern here -- definitely a macbook and chrome issue. Has anyone found a fix yet? I basically cannot use Crossroads or send things in attachments.
6iOpr3w.png