Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | Minimalist Wallpaper Shop
1 2
[center][img]http://oi60.tinypic.com/259hipy.jpg[/img][/center] [img]http://i.imgur.com/WSE0zz4.png[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/fuBJJVQ.png[/img] [WIP!] [img]http://i.imgur.com/NOhnU5X.png[/img] Hello! I've been entertaining this idea for a while, but hesitated due to time constraints and doubt that this might be received well -- as I'm fully aware that no matter how much time I put into it, people are still going to accuse me of "basically tracing site art". But with Christmas break around the corner, I figured that I'd do something with this. I draw and paint as well, if you want to negotiate prices on that, but I'm mainly here for minimalist dragons. Ask me for examples of other art! [b]I'm still trying to figure out pricing[/b] and I think I've settled on a flat rate of [b]70kt[/b]? Perhaps half that, if it's an unapparelled triple basic. Or is that still too steep? More examples of my wallpapers can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/euejl I don't require payment upfront (I trust you guys!), and my turnaround is usually 1 to 2 weeks. I think on average I spend 2 to 6 hours per dragon, depending on the complexity. Here's the request form: [code] [b]Username:[/b] [b]Image or link of dragon you want to 'minimalize':[/b] [remember to have everything you want on the dragon, i.e. whatever apparel you want to include] Colored background or transparent background? [Two different styles of minimalism. Compare the Fae example to the Noc example.] [/code]
259hipy.jpg

WSE0zz4.png

fuBJJVQ.png

[WIP!]
NOhnU5X.png

Hello! I've been entertaining this idea for a while, but hesitated due to time constraints and doubt that this might be received well -- as I'm fully aware that no matter how much time I put into it, people are still going to accuse me of "basically tracing site art".

But with Christmas break around the corner, I figured that I'd do something with this.

I draw and paint as well, if you want to negotiate prices on that, but I'm mainly here for minimalist dragons. Ask me for examples of other art!

I'm still trying to figure out pricing and I think I've settled on a flat rate of 70kt? Perhaps half that, if it's an unapparelled triple basic. Or is that still too steep?

More examples of my wallpapers can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/euejl

I don't require payment upfront (I trust you guys!), and my turnaround is usually 1 to 2 weeks. I think on average I spend 2 to 6 hours per dragon, depending on the complexity.

Here's the request form:
Code:
[b]Username:[/b] [b]Image or link of dragon you want to 'minimalize':[/b] [remember to have everything you want on the dragon, i.e. whatever apparel you want to include] Colored background or transparent background? [Two different styles of minimalism. Compare the Fae example to the Noc example.]
exsFfpn.png
@TheUltimateMage
Just because time is put into it, doesn't mean it isn't tracing, you may be doing work, but it isn't fully yours, you shouldn't be taking credit (and making money) from someone else's work.
@TheUltimateMage
Just because time is put into it, doesn't mean it isn't tracing, you may be doing work, but it isn't fully yours, you shouldn't be taking credit (and making money) from someone else's work.
♥♥♥♥♥ AYZQQJX.gif hewwo black holes

art shop
DISCORD/CHY
HE/HIM
PING ME
toyhouse
hewwo black holes 19135259_VtKZb6nf8O405md.gif
@Zonemod Well, in a lot of ways what Mage is doing is very much not "just tracing". You could argue that any fanart of FR is in some way not fully the artists, and therefore they shouldn't be making money off of it, but that would be... fantastically untrue. FR has policies specifically addressing derivative works. If Mage was intending to turn these into prints or a larger-scale business while still using FR's designs, she would be in violation of those policies, but she's, uh, not planning on doing that, as far as I'm aware.

anyway, hhhg Mage I'm so glad you finally gave in made a thread for commissions please shower your delicious art on us
@Zonemod Well, in a lot of ways what Mage is doing is very much not "just tracing". You could argue that any fanart of FR is in some way not fully the artists, and therefore they shouldn't be making money off of it, but that would be... fantastically untrue. FR has policies specifically addressing derivative works. If Mage was intending to turn these into prints or a larger-scale business while still using FR's designs, she would be in violation of those policies, but she's, uh, not planning on doing that, as far as I'm aware.

anyway, hhhg Mage I'm so glad you finally gave in made a thread for commissions please shower your delicious art on us
@ayesthine
That's different then this, tracing is completely different than making your own works. And it should not at all be something you applaud.
@ayesthine
That's different then this, tracing is completely different than making your own works. And it should not at all be something you applaud.
♥♥♥♥♥ AYZQQJX.gif hewwo black holes

art shop
DISCORD/CHY
HE/HIM
PING ME
toyhouse
hewwo black holes 19135259_VtKZb6nf8O405md.gif
[quote name="Zonemod" date=2015-12-09 11:07:38] @TheUltimateMage Just because time is put into it, doesn't mean it isn't tracing, you may be doing work, but it isn't fully yours, you shouldn't be taking credit (and making money) from someone else's work. [/quote]
Zonemod wrote on 2015-12-09:
@TheUltimateMage
I will miss you without a Ping.

My accent shop
I've seen Mage make some of these and what she does definitely isn't "tracing". I guess I can see where the concerns are coming from but imo, I don't really think this is plagarism any more than, say, making skins or accents would be.

If it's a problem, a mod can always deal with it, and in the meanwhile you can always not buy if the idea makes you uncomfortable.
I've seen Mage make some of these and what she does definitely isn't "tracing". I guess I can see where the concerns are coming from but imo, I don't really think this is plagarism any more than, say, making skins or accents would be.

If it's a problem, a mod can always deal with it, and in the meanwhile you can always not buy if the idea makes you uncomfortable.
C5V5o0z.png
this is tracing in a literal sense but i don't understand why that's a problem here, they're being upfront about the way they're doing their work, tracing is only wrong if you're stealing someone's work without credit and/or duping the person paying for your work.
this is tracing in a literal sense but i don't understand why that's a problem here, they're being upfront about the way they're doing their work, tracing is only wrong if you're stealing someone's work without credit and/or duping the person paying for your work.
I'm having a hard time seeing this as any sort of tracing. Here's my thinking: If Mage wanted to, she could easily change the poses and the outcome would still be the exact same. It'd be like commissioning someone to draw your dragon; they have the choice to use the exact same pose (especially if they aren't too strong in using any other position). Yet, the result would be the exact same thing. Except, that wouldn't be considered tracing. So why would this be considered as such?

But, as Beprisque stated, if the mods have an issue with it, they'll deal with it. Until then, I'm gonna enjoy Mage's art. :3
I'm having a hard time seeing this as any sort of tracing. Here's my thinking: If Mage wanted to, she could easily change the poses and the outcome would still be the exact same. It'd be like commissioning someone to draw your dragon; they have the choice to use the exact same pose (especially if they aren't too strong in using any other position). Yet, the result would be the exact same thing. Except, that wouldn't be considered tracing. So why would this be considered as such?

But, as Beprisque stated, if the mods have an issue with it, they'll deal with it. Until then, I'm gonna enjoy Mage's art. :3
FR +0 | Woman
Art | Thread
Sales
Tales of Ostlea Discussion
dVkftIl.png
x
x
x

Blancblack_egg.gif
hYhXXAs.png
x
x
x

tnRVw.png
ZFPkptJ.png
@Ayesthine @Beprisque @Owlcoholik @Narvix Thanks for the support. It means a lot to me.

Narvix is correct. I could re-draw the dragon and then minimalize that, but the end result would be similar. I guess there's nothing stopping me from doing those re-draws as adoptables. Poses can be tweaked on the fly as well, if you want me to deviate from simply "tracing". There are quite a few things I change to my taste as well through conscious design decisions.

It's not like I'm trying to hide my source. I'm giving credit where it's due.

~~~

I've significantly lowered my prices after realizing they were too high. 'Tis was a long shot, but I hope my style appeals to at least some people out there.
@Ayesthine @Beprisque @Owlcoholik @Narvix Thanks for the support. It means a lot to me.

Narvix is correct. I could re-draw the dragon and then minimalize that, but the end result would be similar. I guess there's nothing stopping me from doing those re-draws as adoptables. Poses can be tweaked on the fly as well, if you want me to deviate from simply "tracing". There are quite a few things I change to my taste as well through conscious design decisions.

It's not like I'm trying to hide my source. I'm giving credit where it's due.

~~~

I've significantly lowered my prices after realizing they were too high. 'Tis was a long shot, but I hope my style appeals to at least some people out there.
exsFfpn.png
@TheUltimateMage Okay. These are hella cool. I only have 30kt and 86 gems, but I also have some apparel or dragons you might be interested in if you check out my lair? Most apparel is on my dragons, but I have an Infectionist's Crown, a Diver Emblem and an Infectionist's Sash in my hoard. I also have a few skins, such as Energy Trap, Splash. Fishtivities, and Botanys Back. Sorry for the wall of text here. So uh, long story short, If you're cool with trading, I'm interested in multiple backgrounds in the style the coatl is in. I'm in desperate need of a new desktop background lol. And I have a massive laptop so if you could 1920x1080 would be sublime if you end up doing it. Thanks for reading omg so much text.
@TheUltimateMage Okay. These are hella cool. I only have 30kt and 86 gems, but I also have some apparel or dragons you might be interested in if you check out my lair? Most apparel is on my dragons, but I have an Infectionist's Crown, a Diver Emblem and an Infectionist's Sash in my hoard. I also have a few skins, such as Energy Trap, Splash. Fishtivities, and Botanys Back. Sorry for the wall of text here. So uh, long story short, If you're cool with trading, I'm interested in multiple backgrounds in the style the coatl is in. I'm in desperate need of a new desktop background lol. And I have a massive laptop so if you could 1920x1080 would be sublime if you end up doing it. Thanks for reading omg so much text.
psychefennecat.png
1 2