Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Words on the Wind - Vol. 1
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 38 39
Wow, this was a great response! I'm looking forward to more of these. It really clears up all of my concerns (even though there were just a few to begin with.) Thanks to you guys for working so hard!
Wow, this was a great response! I'm looking forward to more of these. It really clears up all of my concerns (even though there were just a few to begin with.) Thanks to you guys for working so hard!
i would love another (or updated) bestiary. and i love that size chart.

@Xhaztol

I know of RPGNow.com. i believe they do print on demand for books and well as pdf files. they are a roleplaying site but it is something to check out to see if they could print books for FR.
i would love another (or updated) bestiary. and i love that size chart.

@Xhaztol

I know of RPGNow.com. i believe they do print on demand for books and well as pdf files. they are a roleplaying site but it is something to check out to see if they could print books for FR.
o__o Oh my gosh. Ohhh my gosh! The little dragon letter in the community spotlight image was from one of my Snapper's daughters! [img]http://i39.tinypic.com/6sgpc1.png[/img] @Lanna Looook, Pandora made it into the newwwws. *A* But no, really. I'm super excited to hear from all of you. This makes me feel a lot better to know you're still alive and kickin'.~
o__o Oh my gosh. Ohhh my gosh! The little dragon letter in the community spotlight image was from one of my Snapper's daughters!

6sgpc1.png

@Lanna

Looook, Pandora made it into the newwwws. *A*

But no, really. I'm super excited to hear from all of you. This makes me feel a lot better to know you're still alive and kickin'.~
"One touch of nature...HEbwaBf.gif...makes the whole world kin."
It's so nice that you guys are doing this! ^-^ Really helpful.

I have a question (That may have been asked before, actually.), What is the "Adventure" option in the play section? It says it's coming soon, but I'm really curious. x3

I have a question (That may have been asked before, actually.), What is the "Adventure" option in the play section? It says it's coming soon, but I'm really curious. x3
I love this, I think the news letter is a great idea! And two of my friends have gotten those "Letters to Mom & Dad" and I think it's just wonderful. ^_^ Things like that totally make your day.
I love this, I think the news letter is a great idea! And two of my friends have gotten those "Letters to Mom & Dad" and I think it's just wonderful. ^_^ Things like that totally make your day.
supertiny_zps394c0837.png
[quote name="SunKnight" date="2013-10-07 21:25:17"]It's so nice that you guys are doing this! ^-^ Really helpful. I have a question (That may have been asked before, actually.), What is the "Adventure" option in the play section? It says it's coming soon, but I'm really curious. x3[/quote] Adventure is a feature that we're currently still deep in development on. We'll be making more announcements about it later on. :)
SunKnight wrote on 2013-10-07 21:25:17:

Adventure is a feature that we're currently still deep in development on. We'll be making more announcements about it later on. :)
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
[quote]i'd like to see another way to generate treasure on the site, to be honest. if we're not meant to make "lucrative" income breeding dragons, and the fairgrounds put out chump change (at best), where exactly are we supposed to be making treasure?[/quote] This is my biggest concern. The site itself assigned a rarity to dragons. Why have different rarities if you want all dragons to be worth the same? As many have suggested, it makes perfect sense to have a base exalt price for dragons appropriate to their rarity. Should I be able to buy two dragons then immediately breed them and sell the 1st batch of hatchlings for more than I spent for their parents? No. But at some point, I [i]should[/i] be making a profit. For example, I spent 1.2 million for my imperial and her mate. I knew their first clutch would be at a loss, and perhaps even the second one. But I knew if I was patient, by the third clutch I would be making a profit, even if it took 3+ months. However, that's changing. With no base price to stop deflation and no drop in the site-controlled marketplace prices, breeding dragons will never be profitable. It will always be at a loss. It makes it reaaal hard to justify spending 400,000t on a Wildclaw scroll when I know that by the time the next breeding round comes by, there will be no way for me to recoup the amount I paid. Even if I level every one of their hatchlings to 5 and exalt them for 8k, it would take [i]fifty[/i] offspring to break even. I know you might be worried about inflation if dragons have a higher base price, but you have a ton of great money sinks in place to counteract that. With tiered exalting, the economy will improve greatly. Especially when you introduce new dragons and genes to the marketplace. Pretty dragons will be happily homed and fed, and those that aren't granted good looks can still help their clan by serving the gods. I adore my dragons, and I come here to breed them, and maybe hit the arena for a bit. I do [i]not[/i] come here to play flash games for two hours a day. The site needs to support the different playstyles, as when everyone has a place in Flight Rising, we can all be happy and focus on those beautiful dragons. :) PS: Thank you very much for the update. Whether I like what is said or not, it's [i]wonderful[/i] to hear [i]something[/i].
Quote:
i'd like to see another way to generate treasure on the site, to be honest. if we're not meant to make "lucrative" income breeding dragons, and the fairgrounds put out chump change (at best), where exactly are we supposed to be making treasure?

This is my biggest concern. The site itself assigned a rarity to dragons. Why have different rarities if you want all dragons to be worth the same? As many have suggested, it makes perfect sense to have a base exalt price for dragons appropriate to their rarity. Should I be able to buy two dragons then immediately breed them and sell the 1st batch of hatchlings for more than I spent for their parents? No. But at some point, I should be making a profit.

For example, I spent 1.2 million for my imperial and her mate. I knew their first clutch would be at a loss, and perhaps even the second one. But I knew if I was patient, by the third clutch I would be making a profit, even if it took 3+ months.

However, that's changing. With no base price to stop deflation and no drop in the site-controlled marketplace prices, breeding dragons will never be profitable. It will always be at a loss.

It makes it reaaal hard to justify spending 400,000t on a Wildclaw scroll when I know that by the time the next breeding round comes by, there will be no way for me to recoup the amount I paid. Even if I level every one of their hatchlings to 5 and exalt them for 8k, it would take fifty offspring to break even.

I know you might be worried about inflation if dragons have a higher base price, but you have a ton of great money sinks in place to counteract that. With tiered exalting, the economy will improve greatly. Especially when you introduce new dragons and genes to the marketplace. Pretty dragons will be happily homed and fed, and those that aren't granted good looks can still help their clan by serving the gods.

I adore my dragons, and I come here to breed them, and maybe hit the arena for a bit. I do not come here to play flash games for two hours a day. The site needs to support the different playstyles, as when everyone has a place in Flight Rising, we can all be happy and focus on those beautiful dragons. :)

PS: Thank you very much for the update. Whether I like what is said or not, it's wonderful to hear something.
ICW8UfZ.png
Good communication tool! Great information- Thanks for the update, guys!
Good communication tool! Great information- Thanks for the update, guys!
ZxQ0F7C.gif
I am dying from that size chart. That snapper xD omg
I am dying from that size chart. That snapper xD omg
tumblr_o3y21mL18h1uo92ito8_1280.png
Clan Ignatius Tumblr:Click banner above for lore, art, and more
what are the Clanbound Scatterscrolls yall are talking about :o
what are the Clanbound Scatterscrolls yall are talking about :o
ld4kS5D.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 38 39