Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Words on the Wind - Vol. 1
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 38 39
[quote name="Rhea" date="2013-10-07 21:48:05"][quote name="Myotis" date="2013-10-07 21:46:20"]Not being able to breed for a profit? So... what's supposed to keep us coming back once we achieve our goals and can't afford more lair space? It sounds like you all are punishing players for being active... That's a really bizarre thing for a game which is, ultimately, a breeding sim. The rest of the updates are exciting! I just really hope you rethink the economy stuff.[/quote] [color=green]Flight Rising is not a breeding sim. It is a pet site/web RPG with breeding elements.[/quote] I dunno how many times this point has to be made before people accept it.
Rhea wrote on 2013-10-07 21:48:05:
Myotis wrote on 2013-10-07 21:46:20:
Not being able to breed for a profit? So... what's supposed to keep us coming back once we achieve our goals and can't afford more lair space? It sounds like you all are punishing players for being active... That's a really bizarre thing for a game which is, ultimately, a breeding sim.

The rest of the updates are exciting! I just really hope you rethink the economy stuff.

Flight Rising is not a breeding sim. It is a pet site/web RPG with breeding elements.

I dunno how many times this point has to be made before people accept it.
@Empire I assume the rest of the posts are just user comments and didn't bother to read them
I can't be the only one lol
@Empire I assume the rest of the posts are just user comments and didn't bother to read them
I can't be the only one lol
@empire ah im not sure if i was affected by that i did use i think 3 scatter scrolls, but i dont mind if i was affected because they work now so that's all that matters to me :)
@empire ah im not sure if i was affected by that i did use i think 3 scatter scrolls, but i dont mind if i was affected because they work now so that's all that matters to me :)
ld4kS5D.png
Please give us an update about achievements.

I continue to collect unhatched eggs that are just rotting in my hoard and I'm beginning to get insanely impatient since, as far as I know, there hasn't been a single official word on this for months.
Please give us an update about achievements.

I continue to collect unhatched eggs that are just rotting in my hoard and I'm beginning to get insanely impatient since, as far as I know, there hasn't been a single official word on this for months.
qQtq16f.png
[quote name="Paladin" date="2013-10-07 21:49:28"][quote name="Rhea" date="2013-10-07 21:48:05"][quote name="Myotis" date="2013-10-07 21:46:20"]Not being able to breed for a profit? So... what's supposed to keep us coming back once we achieve our goals and can't afford more lair space? It sounds like you all are punishing players for being active... That's a really bizarre thing for a game which is, ultimately, a breeding sim. The rest of the updates are exciting! I just really hope you rethink the economy stuff.[/quote] [color=green]Flight Rising is not a breeding sim. It is a pet site/web RPG with breeding elements.[/quote] I dunno how many times this point has to be made before people accept it.[/quote] [color=green]Yeah... An update about achievements would be nice. They don't seem like the sort of thing that'd induce so much lag? What's being retooled? /curious
Paladin wrote on 2013-10-07 21:49:28:
Not being able to breed for a profit? So... what's supposed to keep us coming back once we achieve our goals and can't afford more lair space? It sounds like you all are punishing players for being active... That's a really bizarre thing for a game which is, ultimately, a breeding sim.

The rest of the updates are exciting! I just really hope you rethink the economy stuff.

Flight Rising is not a breeding sim. It is a pet site/web RPG with breeding elements.

Yeah...

An update about achievements would be nice. They don't seem like the sort of thing that'd induce so much lag? What's being retooled? /curious
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
[quote name="Paladin" date="2013-10-07 21:49:28"][quote name="Rhea" date="2013-10-07 21:48:05"][quote name="Myotis" date="2013-10-07 21:46:20"]Not being able to breed for a profit? So... what's supposed to keep us coming back once we achieve our goals and can't afford more lair space? It sounds like you all are punishing players for being active... That's a really bizarre thing for a game which is, ultimately, a breeding sim. The rest of the updates are exciting! I just really hope you rethink the economy stuff.[/quote] [color=green]Flight Rising is not a breeding sim. It is a pet site/web RPG with breeding elements.[/quote] I dunno how many times this point has to be made before people accept it.[/quote] Well then why include such an extensive breeding portion of the site at all if you don't want people to breed for fun? For example, Alacrity is a dog trialing Sim, but the staff there has never given players the business for enjoying the breeding portion more. It's just weird and irritating to me. And I'm clearly not alone - there's a handful of other complaints about this statement as well.
Paladin wrote on 2013-10-07 21:49:28:

Well then why include such an extensive breeding portion of the site at all if you don't want people to breed for fun?

For example, Alacrity is a dog trialing Sim, but the staff there has never given players the business for enjoying the breeding portion more.

It's just weird and irritating to me. And I'm clearly not alone - there's a handful of other complaints about this statement as well.
This post, I likes it. Thank you for addressing the community's concerns! It's really nice to see the admins being active with their userbase. :)
This post, I likes it. Thank you for addressing the community's concerns! It's really nice to see the admins being active with their userbase. :)
WindBanner_Saya_zps96883271.pngWindBanner_zps7c139063.pngWindBanner_Saya_zps96883271.png
ITlY.png
i would say to help improve the auction house as far as dragons go.

1. people can exalt them in thier lair for a greater compensation.
2. in order to better compensate exalted dragons, maybe implement some sort of retirement age for dragons breeding wise.
(for those who want thier dragons not to retire breeding wise once they hit that age add some sort of quest, or item to prevent it from retirement.)
3. for the economy. i would say marketplace wise. once fr is steady on the gorund with its system. i would rotate the scrolls out for new ones. it might make some players upset. but it would even out the economy a little bit.

my personal wish would be an item that could change a dragons clan element.

(thus making it so the dragons eye colors could be changed)

hm ill think of more things when im not exhausted. xD
i would say to help improve the auction house as far as dragons go.

1. people can exalt them in thier lair for a greater compensation.
2. in order to better compensate exalted dragons, maybe implement some sort of retirement age for dragons breeding wise.
(for those who want thier dragons not to retire breeding wise once they hit that age add some sort of quest, or item to prevent it from retirement.)
3. for the economy. i would say marketplace wise. once fr is steady on the gorund with its system. i would rotate the scrolls out for new ones. it might make some players upset. but it would even out the economy a little bit.

my personal wish would be an item that could change a dragons clan element.

(thus making it so the dragons eye colors could be changed)

hm ill think of more things when im not exhausted. xD
ld4kS5D.png
[quote name="Myotis" date="2013-10-07 21:53:13"] Well then why include such an extensive breeding portion of the site at all if you don't want people to [b]breed for fun[/b]? For example, Alacrity is a dog trialing Sim, but the staff there has never given players the business for enjoying the breeding portion more. It's just weird and irritating to me. And I'm clearly not alone - there's a handful of other complaints about this statement as well.[/quote] they want you to breed for fun. that IS the point, actually. but people are confusing 'for fun' with 'for profit'.
Myotis wrote on 2013-10-07 21:53:13:

Well then why include such an extensive breeding portion of the site at all if you don't want people to breed for fun?

For example, Alacrity is a dog trialing Sim, but the staff there has never given players the business for enjoying the breeding portion more.

It's just weird and irritating to me. And I'm clearly not alone - there's a handful of other complaints about this statement as well.

they want you to breed for fun. that IS the point, actually. but people are confusing 'for fun' with 'for profit'.
[quote name="Xhaztol" date="2013-10-07 21:29:55"][quote name="SunKnight" date="2013-10-07 21:25:17"]It's so nice that you guys are doing this! ^-^ Really helpful. I have a question (That may have been asked before, actually.), What is the "Adventure" option in the play section? It says it's coming soon, but I'm really curious. x3[/quote] Adventure is a feature that we're currently still deep in development on. We'll be making more announcements about it later on. :)[/quote] Okay, thank you. Can't wait to learn more about it. Sounds exiting! ^_^
Xhaztol wrote on 2013-10-07 21:29:55:
SunKnight wrote on 2013-10-07 21:25:17:
It's so nice that you guys are doing this! ^-^ Really helpful.

I have a question (That may have been asked before, actually.), What is the "Adventure" option in the play section? It says it's coming soon, but I'm really curious. x3

Adventure is a feature that we're currently still deep in development on. We'll be making more announcements about it later on. :)

Okay, thank you. Can't wait to learn more about it. Sounds exiting! ^_^
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 38 39