Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Coliseum Technical Beta
1 2 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94
I wish I could bind things to separate keys, but it seems to be working quite well!
I wish I could bind things to separate keys, but it seems to be working quite well!
rwFMC4s.png rQqG8yY.gifszeRblg.gifMUfIypK.gifrwFMC4s.png
The attack commands sometimes become invisible so I have to hunt with my cursor where they are. After that, they stop working.
The attack commands sometimes become invisible so I have to hunt with my cursor where they are. After that, they stop working.
Yarn wrangler of sorts.
She/her
I'm really disappointed in the lack of a keybind for fight on and main menu at the end of battles. I have a repetitive stress injury in my right shoulder. Being able to play coli with just the keyboard would be a game changer, but as it is, having to use the mouse between every battle doesn't offer much respite from using my bad arm.

I don't mind the keybinds because they're very similar to the ones I use to accommodate my personal restrictions in other games, but I can't help thinking that anyone who has a repetitive stress injury in the opposite arm that I do will be even more disappointed than I am.
I'm really disappointed in the lack of a keybind for fight on and main menu at the end of battles. I have a repetitive stress injury in my right shoulder. Being able to play coli with just the keyboard would be a game changer, but as it is, having to use the mouse between every battle doesn't offer much respite from using my bad arm.

I don't mind the keybinds because they're very similar to the ones I use to accommodate my personal restrictions in other games, but I can't help thinking that anyone who has a repetitive stress injury in the opposite arm that I do will be even more disappointed than I am.
oh.
I came to point out that giving keybinds for battles but not for Fight O/Main Menu kind of misses the point of keyboard commands, but I see I have been beaten to it. So I'll just add my support for the implementation of it, because really, why bother giving the keyboard commands at all if you're just going to make me have to use the mouse anyway? It kind of breaks up the flow of battle and is a distraction as well. Looking forward to see where else this goes.

On other subjects:
-The ability to turn off animations is fantastic, thank you for listening.
-Things seem to run more smoothly now, but I use Chrome Canary for Flight Rising because regular Chrome quit putting up with it a while ago-- it would freeze and crash and simply not work, and no, it sure as heck was *not* my monster of a computer.
-I can't wait to rearrange my battle stones, I could never understand why people would put eliminate anywhere but in that first slot, and being able to rectify that mistake on dragons I've bought will be a godsend.

All in all, I'm very optimistic and appreciative of the updates, and look forward to the full rollout!
I came to point out that giving keybinds for battles but not for Fight O/Main Menu kind of misses the point of keyboard commands, but I see I have been beaten to it. So I'll just add my support for the implementation of it, because really, why bother giving the keyboard commands at all if you're just going to make me have to use the mouse anyway? It kind of breaks up the flow of battle and is a distraction as well. Looking forward to see where else this goes.

On other subjects:
-The ability to turn off animations is fantastic, thank you for listening.
-Things seem to run more smoothly now, but I use Chrome Canary for Flight Rising because regular Chrome quit putting up with it a while ago-- it would freeze and crash and simply not work, and no, it sure as heck was *not* my monster of a computer.
-I can't wait to rearrange my battle stones, I could never understand why people would put eliminate anywhere but in that first slot, and being able to rectify that mistake on dragons I've bought will be a godsend.

All in all, I'm very optimistic and appreciative of the updates, and look forward to the full rollout!
DvckOcF.gif5KOtTO2.gifcmrD4pD.gif
Just wanted say that I very much appreciate the removal of the refresh between battles - the experience is now much smoother. Thanks for listening!
Just wanted say that I very much appreciate the removal of the refresh between battles - the experience is now much smoother. Thanks for listening!
Exhausted and severely depressed.
There is an old bug in the coliseum - when you fullscreen then exit fullscreen in Firefox, you get the Coliseum to fill the whole window, no page included.

I use this as a feature - the full-window Coli can be resized and stacked alongside another open window, like a book or something, and one can read and grind at the same time - without accidentally scrolling the wrong page.

Granted, audiobooks work better for this, but I'd still like the option! The beta has a non-buggy fullscreen, unfortunately :(

(And maybe put Q, Z,V or something as an alternative to Esc? It's a long way to that Babylon!)

Edit: Q is evil. Two battles and my pinky is complaining bitterly. Support for remapping potential and a key to fight on).
There is an old bug in the coliseum - when you fullscreen then exit fullscreen in Firefox, you get the Coliseum to fill the whole window, no page included.

I use this as a feature - the full-window Coli can be resized and stacked alongside another open window, like a book or something, and one can read and grind at the same time - without accidentally scrolling the wrong page.

Granted, audiobooks work better for this, but I'd still like the option! The beta has a non-buggy fullscreen, unfortunately :(

(And maybe put Q, Z,V or something as an alternative to Esc? It's a long way to that Babylon!)

Edit: Q is evil. Two battles and my pinky is complaining bitterly. Support for remapping potential and a key to fight on).
rJWIOZM.pngs8WoqhB.pngtDeKDnH.pngrats_badge.png[url][/url]a714f2ca8457a983cc2010ae692f56d4-da33ieq.pngb2880355ddf0aa894dcb44a252fda40339df0df0.png
when using slash against floating enemies and they die, their image shifts down out of place while fading out (im in training fields). maybe change it to a gradual fall while disappearing? atm it feels too sudden

the numbers that appear when you attack an enemy seem to have a lot of space between them? maybe decrease the letter spacing?

the color of the red numbers on moves feel too harsh on the eyes/too bright compared to the faded out icons
when using slash against floating enemies and they die, their image shifts down out of place while fading out (im in training fields). maybe change it to a gradual fall while disappearing? atm it feels too sudden

the numbers that appear when you attack an enemy seem to have a lot of space between them? maybe decrease the letter spacing?

the color of the red numbers on moves feel too harsh on the eyes/too bright compared to the faded out icons
It just occurred to me that it would be helpful if we could also filter (or at least sort) dragons by element. Don't know how feasible that would be to implement at this stage, but just a suggestion.
It just occurred to me that it would be helpful if we could also filter (or at least sort) dragons by element. Don't know how feasible that would be to implement at this stage, but just a suggestion.
dragonilluminaticonfirmed.gif
Currently on mobile, adding stones can be impossible if you have a bunch of stones and need to scroll to add the right one. I hope this can be fixed.
Currently on mobile, adding stones can be impossible if you have a bunch of stones and need to scroll to add the right one. I hope this can be fixed.
Weird, it is only today that I can see the BETA version in my menu at all.
Weird, it is only today that I can see the BETA version in my menu at all.
I want to look into the heart of the dancer
His movements have a magic mystery
They must have a message and a meaning
'cause he's doing something to me
1 2 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94