Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Stained: A Tertiary Gene
1 2 ... 110 111 112 113 114 ... 116 117
By this point I feel as though this needs to be said just so I can express my own two cents but I don't honestly see why this new gene is a Gem gene when it changes so very little and so very subtly.

To me this just seems pretty lazy compared to whats been presented previously I understand that more complex ideas need a lot more work due to the sheer amount of colors, breeds and genders there are making it so that there is over 1k different pieces of work that needs to be done even more so when the expanded wheel hits but this to me is a really low point.

Ive already said previously that this being a Gem gene is simply outrageous due to what it does as I feel as though there are more deserving genes that are already out that can hold the gem gene title such as Gembond as it has a noticeable affect on the dragon itself. The cost of the gene makes the hit even worse honestly for 1200 Gems to me is robbery for what little it does.

This gene to me is the worst one by far for what it changes rather than the look of it as I have disliked genes in the past for looking ugly and as thus choose not to to play around with it but this one barely 'looks' at all and compared to other genes and what they change in appearance no where near compares to what this gene does.

Going back on the pricing I cant help but think that people have had the good idea to make it a Baldwin recepie to go along with the Primary and Secondary thats in there currently unless something else is planned for the Tert slot there.

The rest of the update is cool however and look forward to getting involved with that.
By this point I feel as though this needs to be said just so I can express my own two cents but I don't honestly see why this new gene is a Gem gene when it changes so very little and so very subtly.

To me this just seems pretty lazy compared to whats been presented previously I understand that more complex ideas need a lot more work due to the sheer amount of colors, breeds and genders there are making it so that there is over 1k different pieces of work that needs to be done even more so when the expanded wheel hits but this to me is a really low point.

Ive already said previously that this being a Gem gene is simply outrageous due to what it does as I feel as though there are more deserving genes that are already out that can hold the gem gene title such as Gembond as it has a noticeable affect on the dragon itself. The cost of the gene makes the hit even worse honestly for 1200 Gems to me is robbery for what little it does.

This gene to me is the worst one by far for what it changes rather than the look of it as I have disliked genes in the past for looking ugly and as thus choose not to to play around with it but this one barely 'looks' at all and compared to other genes and what they change in appearance no where near compares to what this gene does.

Going back on the pricing I cant help but think that people have had the good idea to make it a Baldwin recepie to go along with the Primary and Secondary thats in there currently unless something else is planned for the Tert slot there.

The rest of the update is cool however and look forward to getting involved with that.
EOrlrwo.giftumblr_inline_nbaduf8oZw1qg78ij.png
Oki, something new again...But this is pretty cool! Change the basics into something better I guess?
Oki, something new again...But this is pretty cool! Change the basics into something better I guess?
All I'm going to say is, I like the concept of the gene as it is a really good idea. But am I going to spend $12 on it? No. Change it into a treasure item and I might actually get it for one of my dragons.
All I'm going to say is, I like the concept of the gene as it is a really good idea. But am I going to spend $12 on it? No. Change it into a treasure item and I might actually get it for one of my dragons.
Bh5zUKs.png
Not a huge fan of Stained but I managed to scry some pretty cool things with it. I wouldn't pay $12 for it, though. It's an interesting gene and it opens up a lot more colour options (but takes away a drawn tert), but in order to consider buying it for gems it'd have to be less subtle. I bought the gene with treasure to preview it on my dragons, but it didn't look good on any of them. I did scry a cool mirror though that I absolutely had to have... [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20677683] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/206777/20677683_350.png[/img] [/url]
Not a huge fan of Stained but I managed to scry some pretty cool things with it. I wouldn't pay $12 for it, though. It's an interesting gene and it opens up a lot more colour options (but takes away a drawn tert), but in order to consider buying it for gems it'd have to be less subtle.

I bought the gene with treasure to preview it on my dragons, but it didn't look good on any of them. I did scry a cool mirror though that I absolutely had to have...

20677683_350.png

Simple and something lots can like but it's super costly. 12 dollars for any of the scrolls is outrageous, and for one that doesn't do all that much to the dragon is even more outrageous. Honestly, it should of been like a treasure or bubbling brew gene.
Simple and something lots can like but it's super costly. 12 dollars for any of the scrolls is outrageous, and for one that doesn't do all that much to the dragon is even more outrageous. Honestly, it should of been like a treasure or bubbling brew gene.
rrt_smll_by_windy_breeze-da7prsu.gif
Yes! New tertiary! Love the skins and familiars!
Yes! New tertiary! Love the skins and familiars!
Scavenging? still?
Scavenging? still?
Yeah ima have to agree. This is s really lazy tret. Like underbelly has more put into it. I can see it makes some dragons look nicer but really for breeding it would only be good for really tight ranges. with that said I also don't think it's worth it's price. It gives very little in the way of design change and would be undesirable on most combos.
Yeah ima have to agree. This is s really lazy tret. Like underbelly has more put into it. I can see it makes some dragons look nicer but really for breeding it would only be good for really tight ranges. with that said I also don't think it's worth it's price. It gives very little in the way of design change and would be undesirable on most combos.
8JKEk7n.pngfkbAh9Q.pnghLjoHTT.png2newj5x.pngpXT2hkW.pngOVKdziX.pngjvQsx1n.pnguTchD0h.pngyTHu3zV.pngjVzvVIB.pngS1me8yQ.pngBP7yWR4.pngpansexual.gif48705886_4CDSWv8t8ldLGpD.png
What irritates me about this whole issue is the community.

We beg and beg for new genes and when we get them, we pick them to pieces and talk about why we think they are crap.

Here's a novel idea: Don't like it, don't buy it!

When Thy was released everyone said it was lazy or never stocked in the treasure MP.
So, admins give us a gem gene (which, for those of you who still don't realize, are UNLIMITED in quantity. Looking at those of you with the over priced gem items in the AH and we call them lazy even louder and metaphorically spit in their faces.

Y'all need church.
What irritates me about this whole issue is the community.

We beg and beg for new genes and when we get them, we pick them to pieces and talk about why we think they are crap.

Here's a novel idea: Don't like it, don't buy it!

When Thy was released everyone said it was lazy or never stocked in the treasure MP.
So, admins give us a gem gene (which, for those of you who still don't realize, are UNLIMITED in quantity. Looking at those of you with the over priced gem items in the AH and we call them lazy even louder and metaphorically spit in their faces.

Y'all need church.
I love stained. I wanted a very specific color combination but couldn't get it. Stained opens up more possibilities for me and I love faded, muted colors anyway.

I love stained. I wanted a very specific color combination but couldn't get it. Stained opens up more possibilities for me and I love faded, muted colors anyway.

AmrWmHB.gif
1 2 ... 110 111 112 113 114 ... 116 117