Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Layer Accents and Skins
1 2 ... 96 97 98 99 100 ... 114 115
@Alphaomega

I'll try and see if I can find the specific post but i'm fairly certain they did address this at some point.

but the reason the staff have no plans for doing this is because people might sneak in copyrighted contend or sneak in inappropriate designs in this fashion. Which is understandable, but i do hope they will reconsider.
@Alphaomega

I'll try and see if I can find the specific post but i'm fairly certain they did address this at some point.

but the reason the staff have no plans for doing this is because people might sneak in copyrighted contend or sneak in inappropriate designs in this fashion. Which is understandable, but i do hope they will reconsider.
DVcXRyP.png
[quote name="Apocalyptichorse" date=2017-07-10 05:14:34] @Alphaomega I'll try and see if I can find the specific post but i'm fairly certain they did address this at some point. but the reason the staff have no plans for doing this is because people might sneak in copyrighted contend or sneak in inappropriate designs in this fashion. Which is understandable, but i do hope they will reconsider. [/quote] I hate to say it but have you met the FR playerbase? The drama forums alone are full of people who pick on suspected tracing, copying and all of the above. You can pretty much count on someone to report what they think is an inappropriate design or copyrighted material. The mods/admins can then decide to reprimand the player or something else. Also given that all accents/skins have to go through admin approval I think they'll notice if the same artist sends in Accent: White Gloves /Accent: Red Shorts / Accent: Yellow Boots / Accent:White Face - Black Nose within the same week. [img]https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/disney/images/f/f6/MickeyArt.jpg[/img] For the most part, it seems everyone in this thread appears to want to make the art on their dragons that more unique and detailed. So honestly, the few that try to sneak in copyrighted stuff can be dealt with when and if they occur, but I wouldn't want to see the idea, which is a good one, which is clearly a desired one as well, not get off the ground because of the "fear" that people will be as bad as expected. People aren't that bad, or nest hosting and money-first dom shops wouldn't be a thing here.
Apocalyptichorse wrote on 2017-07-10:
@Alphaomega

I hate to say it but have you met the FR playerbase? The drama forums alone are full of people who pick on suspected tracing, copying and all of the above. You can pretty much count on someone to report what they think is an inappropriate design or copyrighted material. The mods/admins can then decide to reprimand the player or something else.

Also given that all accents/skins have to go through admin approval I think they'll notice if the same artist sends in Accent: White Gloves /Accent: Red Shorts / Accent: Yellow Boots / Accent:White Face - Black Nose within the same week.

MickeyArt.jpg

For the most part, it seems everyone in this thread appears to want to make the art on their dragons that more unique and detailed. So honestly, the few that try to sneak in copyrighted stuff can be dealt with when and if they occur, but I wouldn't want to see the idea, which is a good one, which is clearly a desired one as well, not get off the ground because of the "fear" that people will be as bad as expected. People aren't that bad, or nest hosting and money-first dom shops wouldn't be a thing here.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
I've wanted this so badly, I have several ideas for layering I'd love to be able to do!
I've wanted this so badly, I have several ideas for layering I'd love to be able to do!
Z7cgb70.png
Please yes please. I would use skins so much more often if I could layer accents over the top, and make them look unique damn it. As has been addressed, the entire community is very good at being uptight about anything inappropriate; it wouldn't slide. Just let me have my even prettier dragons pls.
Please yes please. I would use skins so much more often if I could layer accents over the top, and make them look unique damn it. As has been addressed, the entire community is very good at being uptight about anything inappropriate; it wouldn't slide. Just let me have my even prettier dragons pls.
3bOUqr5.png - Skin Shop

- Hatchery

- Stained Glass Adopts
[quote name="RueColdFire" date=2017-07-06 16:36:26] ... that or stop showing us skins on top of already skinned dragons, because that's just not fair ; . ; the tantalization is torturous [/quote] Exactly. If layering is never implemented then the least they could do is make it so previewing a skin/accent dosn't also show the one that's currently worn. That bug is the reason I initially thought that layering was already possible.
RueColdFire wrote on 2017-07-06:
... that or stop showing us skins on top of already skinned dragons,
because that's just not fair ; . ; the tantalization is torturous

Exactly. If layering is never implemented then the least they could do is make it so previewing a skin/accent dosn't also show the one that's currently worn. That bug is the reason I initially thought that layering was already possible.
Sales Tab < Lots of dragons 5 years and older. Prices aren't fixed!
[quote name="Apocalyptichorse" date=2017-07-10 05:14:34] @Alphaomega I'll try and see if I can find the specific post but i'm fairly certain they did address this at some point. but the reason the staff have no plans for doing this is because people might sneak in copyrighted contend or sneak in inappropriate designs in this fashion. Which is understandable, but i do hope they will reconsider. [/quote] @Apocalyptichorse Adding to what Amut said, couldn't someone just report a dragon if they thought it was inappropriate somehow? I also have yet to see people get warned for posting screencaps of previews with multiple skins so that tells me that the staff aren't that uptight about potential copyright infringement. Unless I've misunderstood your post somehow? I haven't followed this topic for very long so feel free to correct me. [b]Edit:[/b] If you mean inappropriate as in Skin A makes half a logo and Skin B completes it, then that could be remedied by only allowing 1 user-made skin/accent for each dragon and the rest have to be regular or retired. This was suggested by someone before, so I hope staff actually read suggestions sometimes and take them into consideration.
Apocalyptichorse wrote on 2017-07-10:
@Alphaomega

@Apocalyptichorse Adding to what Amut said, couldn't someone just report a dragon if they thought it was inappropriate somehow?

I also have yet to see people get warned for posting screencaps of previews with multiple skins so that tells me that the staff aren't that uptight about potential copyright infringement. Unless I've misunderstood your post somehow? I haven't followed this topic for very long so feel free to correct me.
Edit: If you mean inappropriate as in Skin A makes half a logo and Skin B completes it, then that could be remedied by only allowing 1 user-made skin/accent for each dragon and the rest have to be regular or retired. This was suggested by someone before, so I hope staff actually read suggestions sometimes and take them into consideration.
Sales Tab < Lots of dragons 5 years and older. Prices aren't fixed!
@Reignhart @Amut

I don't agree with their reasoning, hence I said that I hope they reconsider, mainly since people already sneak stuff trough regardless. I've seen a tundra skin that resembles Freddy Fazbear from FNAF, i recall someone entering a Springtrap based skin for ROR few years ago, though idk if they had it printed afterwards.

I remember seeing a Snapper accent that gave it the markings of Kyogre from Pokemon and there is also a nocturne skin that resembles Lunla, I've also seen a Undertale character themed accent, so basically people do get away with it
@Reignhart @Amut

I don't agree with their reasoning, hence I said that I hope they reconsider, mainly since people already sneak stuff trough regardless. I've seen a tundra skin that resembles Freddy Fazbear from FNAF, i recall someone entering a Springtrap based skin for ROR few years ago, though idk if they had it printed afterwards.

I remember seeing a Snapper accent that gave it the markings of Kyogre from Pokemon and there is also a nocturne skin that resembles Lunla, I've also seen a Undertale character themed accent, so basically people do get away with it
DVcXRyP.png
@Apocalyptichorse

So, the question here is: Did you see those accents (the Kyogre Snapper, Lunla or the Undertale one) and then not say anything regarding it up the chain of command? I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but those are pretty good testers to see what the admin response to infractions like that are. If those skins/accents have been reported and are still around, then nothing is being "snuck through" as all skins and accents have to pass admin (or someone's) approval process and given how particular they are on ridiculous things like the exact shade of pink battle scar accents are, I think they also have sensitive settings for what is copying too much or looks like too much of something else.

The concern is that the admins will find an issue regarding other franchise's IP being shown on their own IP (e.g. a UM skin or accent). I don't think that's nearly as large an issue as you make out, because we have "fandragons" which go out of their way to emulate to the fullest extent possible another IP, with color and apparel choices and in some cases custom UMs that are named right for the character. And then make it even more abundantly clear that it is copying an IP, usually through the use of the other IP's images, plot details or whatever in the bios.

There's no mistaking or misinterpreting a fandragon as being based on something that's not FR, but they're here and there's no problem with them. So, it doesn't appear as though there's an issue about other fandoms being represented here. The issue is the degree of the representation. Is it emulation or outright copying?

It's a difference of one person making an obvious IronMan full body skin on a dragon named TonyStark and including some sort of notes that said dragon is used with Marvel's consent, which it would not be.

And someone else finding some rejected TCC skin that looked like gold gauntlets and boots with plasma around the edges and paired it up with some gladiator armor that was incidentally shiny-red and form-fitting . One's clearly a Marvel's IronMan carbon-copy, nothing hidden about it at all, but the other isn't an IronMan ripoff, it just looks like one. My logic is the clear carbon-copies are going to be spotted very early in the skin submission process or by anyone observant on the forums later on, assuming a 60% honest-ish player-base. (So again, what did you do regarding the Undertale accent you saw?). Either they see it coming through the pipes, or someone says something to them about it (like how they always ask for bug reports or accidental exploits), and it gets handled on the spot.
@Apocalyptichorse

So, the question here is: Did you see those accents (the Kyogre Snapper, Lunla or the Undertale one) and then not say anything regarding it up the chain of command? I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but those are pretty good testers to see what the admin response to infractions like that are. If those skins/accents have been reported and are still around, then nothing is being "snuck through" as all skins and accents have to pass admin (or someone's) approval process and given how particular they are on ridiculous things like the exact shade of pink battle scar accents are, I think they also have sensitive settings for what is copying too much or looks like too much of something else.

The concern is that the admins will find an issue regarding other franchise's IP being shown on their own IP (e.g. a UM skin or accent). I don't think that's nearly as large an issue as you make out, because we have "fandragons" which go out of their way to emulate to the fullest extent possible another IP, with color and apparel choices and in some cases custom UMs that are named right for the character. And then make it even more abundantly clear that it is copying an IP, usually through the use of the other IP's images, plot details or whatever in the bios.

There's no mistaking or misinterpreting a fandragon as being based on something that's not FR, but they're here and there's no problem with them. So, it doesn't appear as though there's an issue about other fandoms being represented here. The issue is the degree of the representation. Is it emulation or outright copying?

It's a difference of one person making an obvious IronMan full body skin on a dragon named TonyStark and including some sort of notes that said dragon is used with Marvel's consent, which it would not be.

And someone else finding some rejected TCC skin that looked like gold gauntlets and boots with plasma around the edges and paired it up with some gladiator armor that was incidentally shiny-red and form-fitting . One's clearly a Marvel's IronMan carbon-copy, nothing hidden about it at all, but the other isn't an IronMan ripoff, it just looks like one. My logic is the clear carbon-copies are going to be spotted very early in the skin submission process or by anyone observant on the forums later on, assuming a 60% honest-ish player-base. (So again, what did you do regarding the Undertale accent you saw?). Either they see it coming through the pipes, or someone says something to them about it (like how they always ask for bug reports or accidental exploits), and it gets handled on the spot.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
Hello everyone! Because the staff implement suggestions based on their design philosophy of the game, not votes, popularity, or lack thereof, some posts have been removed from this thread in accordance with the update to the Suggestions Forum Policy:
Suggestions Forum Policy wrote:
The Suggestions Forum is a discussion forum, not a petition forum. Replies may not have ONLY the following in them:
  • Support
  • No support
  • Quoting another post
  • Quoting another post with ONLY support/no support

This thread has been warned multiple times, so please try to respect the forum rules. Thank you!
Hello everyone! Because the staff implement suggestions based on their design philosophy of the game, not votes, popularity, or lack thereof, some posts have been removed from this thread in accordance with the update to the Suggestions Forum Policy:
Suggestions Forum Policy wrote:
The Suggestions Forum is a discussion forum, not a petition forum. Replies may not have ONLY the following in them:
  • Support
  • No support
  • Quoting another post
  • Quoting another post with ONLY support/no support

This thread has been warned multiple times, so please try to respect the forum rules. Thank you!
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.
To add my voice to 99 pages of others (lol) I would love this. I thought it was possible because you can preview them together, but after a purchase found out it wasn't. I was so sad!

Clearly this won't happen because this thread is how many years old, but I WANT IT TO.
IT ALIGNS WITH MY DESIGN PHILOSOPHY .
To add my voice to 99 pages of others (lol) I would love this. I thought it was possible because you can preview them together, but after a purchase found out it wasn't. I was so sad!

Clearly this won't happen because this thread is how many years old, but I WANT IT TO.
IT ALIGNS WITH MY DESIGN PHILOSOPHY .
1 2 ... 96 97 98 99 100 ... 114 115