Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | "Pasture" Area Outside of Lair
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
I see this as a fantastic treasure-making idea for exalters and a way for Dom storage lairs to hold extra dragons. Do the math, train your dragons and "pasture" them until it's time to exalt.

While it would help those people who don't have treasure store dragons they can't afford lair space for I think it would disproportionately help larger lairs.
I see this as a fantastic treasure-making idea for exalters and a way for Dom storage lairs to hold extra dragons. Do the math, train your dragons and "pasture" them until it's time to exalt.

While it would help those people who don't have treasure store dragons they can't afford lair space for I think it would disproportionately help larger lairs.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
I would love a place to hold dragons I'm not using right now. Like if I could only have out dragons that I'm using for breeding projects. That would be nice <3
I would love a place to hold dragons I'm not using right now. Like if I could only have out dragons that I'm using for breeding projects. That would be nice <3
bonsai_princessparrot_1_by_auricolor-dap3vba.png
Support!

I've been toying with the idea of doing a Nuzlocke, but I don't want to exalt all my dragons, so something like a pasture would be fantastic for me! I can still see the dragons I love, occasionally remove them from the pasture if I've brought a gene from them, but at the same time have a clear lair to start up a new story. Considering how much treasure I've put into some of my dragons, it would feel like an awful waste if I exalted them, so a pasture would get a lot of use from me!

A couple of points I like
  • Hatchlings or unnamed can't be put out to pasture. I mean you can't put unnamed in the coli, so why would you be able to put them out to pasture?
  • Breeding cool down resets on removal (?)
  • A 'callback' wait time, a few days, about a week?
  • Small fee to put a dragon into pasture (or to take it out, one but not both)
  • Amount of lair space relates to amount of pasture space

But I feel that you should be able to put them out to pasture for as long as you like, rather than say a time limit of a month. It would be a bit alarming to log on one morning and find all fifty dragons have piled back into your lair and are demanding food! I just think that when they return should depend on YOU choosing to bring them back.

But otherwise complete support! From a nuzlocke point of view its a much better alternative than 'SUDDENLY A PLAGUE' and exalting all your dragons :I
Support!

I've been toying with the idea of doing a Nuzlocke, but I don't want to exalt all my dragons, so something like a pasture would be fantastic for me! I can still see the dragons I love, occasionally remove them from the pasture if I've brought a gene from them, but at the same time have a clear lair to start up a new story. Considering how much treasure I've put into some of my dragons, it would feel like an awful waste if I exalted them, so a pasture would get a lot of use from me!

A couple of points I like
  • Hatchlings or unnamed can't be put out to pasture. I mean you can't put unnamed in the coli, so why would you be able to put them out to pasture?
  • Breeding cool down resets on removal (?)
  • A 'callback' wait time, a few days, about a week?
  • Small fee to put a dragon into pasture (or to take it out, one but not both)
  • Amount of lair space relates to amount of pasture space

But I feel that you should be able to put them out to pasture for as long as you like, rather than say a time limit of a month. It would be a bit alarming to log on one morning and find all fifty dragons have piled back into your lair and are demanding food! I just think that when they return should depend on YOU choosing to bring them back.

But otherwise complete support! From a nuzlocke point of view its a much better alternative than 'SUDDENLY A PLAGUE' and exalting all your dragons :I
Support! A pasture area would be great, my dragons have a way to high level of mercury to eat, however they would get a bit stringy if they free-ranged. Maybe just a small pen?(It would be cheaper) and another food source would be GM grain.
Support! A pasture area would be great, my dragons have a way to high level of mercury to eat, however they would get a bit stringy if they free-ranged. Maybe just a small pen?(It would be cheaper) and another food source would be GM grain.
Fear the ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)
Support! It'd be cute if little avatars of your dragons would move around the "pasture" interface as well.
Support! It'd be cute if little avatars of your dragons would move around the "pasture" interface as well.
Such support, oh wow. This kind of feature would really fit with my Nuzlocke and the way I handle a lot of my non-25s... they just sit there to be pretty and I never intend to breed them.
Such support, oh wow. This kind of feature would really fit with my Nuzlocke and the way I handle a lot of my non-25s... they just sit there to be pretty and I never intend to breed them.
bH7MWqP.png
[quote name="ToxicToucan" date=2015-02-03 17:02:13] And as for the breeding freeze: I feel that people would take advantage of this somehow. They'd put dragons that are done with their breeding cooldown out to pasture so that they could have a whole bunch of ready to breed dragons available. The baby boom from that single lair could be enormous if spanned over a few weeks :/ [/quote] Since there is a limit on nests, it would still take at least 5 days to incubate, and you'd also have to have enough room in your lair to house all these babies, I don't think this would be a problem. Making the breeding cooldown reset everytime you take a dragon out seems more like a punishment than anything to me. Neutral on this matter, I feel like it still requires more checks and balances to work properly, but I like the idea of being able to essentially temporarily retire a dragon. I feel like it would especially help in cases where someone has grown bored of a dragon but is too sentimentally attached to get rid of it. Instead of the dragon(s) just taking up space, they could be sent to the pasture until the owner gets a renewed love for them. I know a few users probably would have loved to have been able to put their now exalted progens into a pasture instead of exalting them because they served no breeding purpose/were only there for sentimental reasons.
ToxicToucan wrote on 2015-02-03:
And as for the breeding freeze: I feel that people would take advantage of this somehow. They'd put dragons that are done with their breeding cooldown out to pasture so that they could have a whole bunch of ready to breed dragons available. The baby boom from that single lair could be enormous if spanned over a few weeks :/

Since there is a limit on nests, it would still take at least 5 days to incubate, and you'd also have to have enough room in your lair to house all these babies, I don't think this would be a problem. Making the breeding cooldown reset everytime you take a dragon out seems more like a punishment than anything to me.

Neutral on this matter, I feel like it still requires more checks and balances to work properly, but I like the idea of being able to essentially temporarily retire a dragon.
I feel like it would especially help in cases where someone has grown bored of a dragon but is too sentimentally attached to get rid of it. Instead of the dragon(s) just taking up space, they could be sent to the pasture until the owner gets a renewed love for them. I know a few users probably would have loved to have been able to put their now exalted progens into a pasture instead of exalting them because they served no breeding purpose/were only there for sentimental reasons.
AfRTSgB.png Pgv53XB.png QiBUfoO.png 6meUms1.png
aC86tUH.png kCHWEjf.png y41plqc.png Yw8EvNQ.png
GLMwkdE.png zl1ZGZ2.png gYW0j5f.png U0bFCPN.png
qN1OyUr.png ebjDWAS.png njCJq66.png J7D1quC.png
Support!

And I think that if you put a dragon on cooldown in the pen, it should just pause their breeding cooldown. Say the cooldown is at 6 days, you take it out a week later, still at days. Someone probably already said that im just confused.
Support!

And I think that if you put a dragon on cooldown in the pen, it should just pause their breeding cooldown. Say the cooldown is at 6 days, you take it out a week later, still at days. Someone probably already said that im just confused.
4wPbTeZ.jpgSyCN2na.pngaM4Qu0f.gifOFrfPUV.pngSN6WNSw.png
I would support if:
Hatchling dragons will not grow up while in the pasture.
Breeding cooldowns don't tick off.
The dragon cannot have it's breed/gene/color/name changed.

Mostly so people can't toss in exhalting dragons in there to have the lair space for more dragons. Leaving 1 pasture and 1 lair space free to switch the now grown pasture dragons to level for exhalting.
I would support if:

Mostly so people can't toss in exhalting dragons in there to have the lair space for more dragons. Leaving 1 pasture and 1 lair space free to switch the now grown pasture dragons to level for exhalting.
pontails_v2_0_by_viporion-d64jr46.gif
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Not even Jupiter can take back a lost oppertunity
[quote name="Vipor" date=2015-07-28 07:25:39] I would support if: Hatchling dragons will not grow up while in the pasture. Breeding cooldowns don't tick off. The dragon cannot have it's breed/gene/color/name changed. Mostly so people can't toss in exhalting dragons in there to have the lair space for more dragons. Leaving 1 pasture and 1 lair space free to switch the now grown pasture dragons to level for exhalting. [/quote] Yeah this sounds like a good balance. Having 'tabs' in addition to pages to your lair in general would be really nice, not even necessarily for any cheaper than lair space currently is. I have dragons of different canons and themes and page organization is a thing, yes, but sometimes I just want to separate them more entirely if that makes sense. Especially since unless I work in multiples of 5's they get all mixed. ( Also I only breed my dragons that aren't based on fandoms or existing OCs so a 'pasture' option would be perfect for me.) Perhaps the option of choosing and naming the pasture (or selecting from a series of words like 'Fields' or 'Woods', etc) would be nice too.
Vipor wrote on 2015-07-28:
I would support if:

Yeah this sounds like a good balance.

Having 'tabs' in addition to pages to your lair in general would be really nice, not even necessarily for any cheaper than lair space currently is. I have dragons of different canons and themes and page organization is a thing, yes, but sometimes I just want to separate them more entirely if that makes sense. Especially since unless I work in multiples of 5's they get all mixed.
( Also I only breed my dragons that aren't based on fandoms or existing OCs so a 'pasture' option would be perfect for me.)

Perhaps the option of choosing and naming the pasture (or selecting from a series of words like 'Fields' or 'Woods', etc) would be nice too.
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13