Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | A trans* NPC!
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 16
@skai Oh I know that. I'm not saying you are? I'm just saying that by opening this you are treading a line few sites will tread. If one group has theirs you will have all of them screaming for theirs as well. I just don't think that's a road the site should go down is all. -shrugs- I have nothing against the transgender community at all, or gays, or lesbians, or different ethnicity or asexuals or whatever. I'm for peace and equality for all. I just don't think we need to bring it all into a game on a website is all. That's my opinion and you are of course entitled to yours.

Not only that but you do sadly have people who are offended by that stuff. It may be shallow minded of them ect but there are two sides to every coin sadly. I just think it will all bring unneeded drama where we already have too much of it as is. Human nature and all. Lol.
@skai Oh I know that. I'm not saying you are? I'm just saying that by opening this you are treading a line few sites will tread. If one group has theirs you will have all of them screaming for theirs as well. I just don't think that's a road the site should go down is all. -shrugs- I have nothing against the transgender community at all, or gays, or lesbians, or different ethnicity or asexuals or whatever. I'm for peace and equality for all. I just don't think we need to bring it all into a game on a website is all. That's my opinion and you are of course entitled to yours.

Not only that but you do sadly have people who are offended by that stuff. It may be shallow minded of them ect but there are two sides to every coin sadly. I just think it will all bring unneeded drama where we already have too much of it as is. Human nature and all. Lol.
[quote name="Elysia" date="2013-07-19 23:12:52" url="main.php?p=mb&board=sug&page=3&id=599238#617430"]I have nothing against the transgender community at all, or gays, or lesbians, or different ethnicity or asexuals or whatever. I'm for peace and equality for all. I just don't think we need to bring it all into a game on a website is all. [/quote] @Elysia Wait... so a heterosexual, cisgender NPC would be fine, but not a trans* NPC? How is that 'equality'? Equality means [i]equal representation[/i]. Trans* people play FR, so why shouldn't there be a trans* NPC? Tell me, what exactly about a trans* NPC would be inappropriate for FR?
I have nothing against the transgender community at all, or gays, or lesbians, or different ethnicity or asexuals or whatever. I'm for peace and equality for all. I just don't think we need to bring it all into a game on a website is all.
@Elysia
Wait... so a heterosexual, cisgender NPC would be fine, but not a trans* NPC? How is that 'equality'? Equality means equal representation. Trans* people play FR, so why shouldn't there be a trans* NPC?

Tell me, what exactly about a trans* NPC would be inappropriate for FR?
@Elysia I wholeheartedly disagree. The world has made it clear that it will not make space for us, so it comes down to trans* people to make our own spaces. That is exactly what I intend to do, one baby step at a time, in every community that I enter. It says quite a lot to me when even the most minor of suggestions is met with heavy resistance, and even those who claim to be pro-equality shy away on the off chance that a cis person would object.
@Elysia I wholeheartedly disagree. The world has made it clear that it will not make space for us, so it comes down to trans* people to make our own spaces. That is exactly what I intend to do, one baby step at a time, in every community that I enter. It says quite a lot to me when even the most minor of suggestions is met with heavy resistance, and even those who claim to be pro-equality shy away on the off chance that a cis person would object.
Err would it just be best to avoid the whole thing so that people who are offended by this won't have to necessarily think about it? This is a game after all, not about genders and whatnot. People play games to have fun, not to raise questions and argue about stuff like this.

I completely missed the whole blowout last night so I have no idea what the hell happened, but I was really hoping that this site wouldn't fall prey to something like this, but I guess it can't be avoided...

Forgive me but I still don't know the difference nor the terms between all these kinds of genders that keep popping up. Can we just keep it simple and clean and stick with biological genders or something? Or not think about it at all? After all, these are dragons, not people. I think dragons won't be constantly bickering over what gender they are compared to what we do.
Err would it just be best to avoid the whole thing so that people who are offended by this won't have to necessarily think about it? This is a game after all, not about genders and whatnot. People play games to have fun, not to raise questions and argue about stuff like this.

I completely missed the whole blowout last night so I have no idea what the hell happened, but I was really hoping that this site wouldn't fall prey to something like this, but I guess it can't be avoided...

Forgive me but I still don't know the difference nor the terms between all these kinds of genders that keep popping up. Can we just keep it simple and clean and stick with biological genders or something? Or not think about it at all? After all, these are dragons, not people. I think dragons won't be constantly bickering over what gender they are compared to what we do.
m16OKP.jpeg
@Altair exactly my feelings and with that I bow out of this thread. Peace people.
@Altair exactly my feelings and with that I bow out of this thread. Peace people.
What a stupid idea.
What a stupid idea.
Decidedly no support. This whole Thrage incident needs to be pushed aside and forgotten, not memorialised and poison the air even more.

(What's the deal with all this 'trans*' stuff? Surely transgender isn't that much more difficult to type?)
Decidedly no support. This whole Thrage incident needs to be pushed aside and forgotten, not memorialised and poison the air even more.

(What's the deal with all this 'trans*' stuff? Surely transgender isn't that much more difficult to type?)
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
@Altair I'm sorry to be blunt, but this is probably not the thread for you. This thread was intended mainly for trans* people to discuss how they would like to see a trans* character represented, if the site were to add one. I have rewritten the first post to reflect as much. There have been way too many derailing and off-topic posts, and I would like to get it back on track.
@Altair I'm sorry to be blunt, but this is probably not the thread for you. This thread was intended mainly for trans* people to discuss how they would like to see a trans* character represented, if the site were to add one. I have rewritten the first post to reflect as much. There have been way too many derailing and off-topic posts, and I would like to get it back on track.
@Avessa This is not primarily about Thrage. Trans* people exist even when our right to exist is not being threatened, and I have simply taken the opportunity to put forth a suggestion while trans* poeple still realize they can use their collective voices to make a positive impact for themselves.
(And I write trans* to indicate transgender OR transsexual, to be more inclusive.)

NOTE: Past this point, I will no longer be addressing posts that miss the point, are off-topic, or are not constructive.
@Avessa This is not primarily about Thrage. Trans* people exist even when our right to exist is not being threatened, and I have simply taken the opportunity to put forth a suggestion while trans* poeple still realize they can use their collective voices to make a positive impact for themselves.
(And I write trans* to indicate transgender OR transsexual, to be more inclusive.)

NOTE: Past this point, I will no longer be addressing posts that miss the point, are off-topic, or are not constructive.
@skai
Yeah, I read your first post, I think, I've been reading a bunch others so I'm getting kinda mixed up now.

I know that you just want to make an impact and all, I get that. I totes fine with these kinds of people and everyone knows that these kind of people exist, but really, why do you want to complicate things even further for the admins and for the whole community? Why can't trans people enjoy the game if dragons like them are not in it?

I know, I know, I do not know how you feel, I can't emphatize, but for me, I would rather not force the complicated way many humans see gender to beautiful, intelligent dragons who I believe shouldn't give a damn on his kind of thing. They deserve more than our confusing traditions, they're just them.

I'm sorry, that may have been mean.
I'm iffy about the whole thing. I'm fine if ever they do end up making a trans or whatever other gender NPC besides boys and girls, but I don't see how doing this will benefit the whole community. It would just stir up more disagreements.
@skai
Yeah, I read your first post, I think, I've been reading a bunch others so I'm getting kinda mixed up now.

I know that you just want to make an impact and all, I get that. I totes fine with these kinds of people and everyone knows that these kind of people exist, but really, why do you want to complicate things even further for the admins and for the whole community? Why can't trans people enjoy the game if dragons like them are not in it?

I know, I know, I do not know how you feel, I can't emphatize, but for me, I would rather not force the complicated way many humans see gender to beautiful, intelligent dragons who I believe shouldn't give a damn on his kind of thing. They deserve more than our confusing traditions, they're just them.

I'm sorry, that may have been mean.
I'm iffy about the whole thing. I'm fine if ever they do end up making a trans or whatever other gender NPC besides boys and girls, but I don't see how doing this will benefit the whole community. It would just stir up more disagreements.
m16OKP.jpeg
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 16