Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | A trans* NPC!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
While I do think its a good idea, you have to think about all the other groups out there I mean, how realistically can they implement an NPC that represents a group without having others outside of that group feeling alienated. And I definitely agree, however maybe instead of an NPC there should be a gender change scroll.

Races
sexual orientations
etc.

I dunno, I just felt like "puttin my two cents in"

* I have received hateful messages in the past for making my opinion so please don&#039;t ;<
While I do think its a good idea, you have to think about all the other groups out there I mean, how realistically can they implement an NPC that represents a group without having others outside of that group feeling alienated. And I definitely agree, however maybe instead of an NPC there should be a gender change scroll.

Races
sexual orientations
etc.

I dunno, I just felt like "puttin my two cents in"

* I have received hateful messages in the past for making my opinion so please don&#039;t ;<
RJKPkOA.png

I am always looking to buy Holiday Currency!
@Tarawr But that doesn&#039;t do anything for trans* visibility. Sex/gender changes (often treated as one) are a common trope that the average person doesn&#039;t put any thought into.

@Denotec There is no way to accurately represent trans* people with a single character, and that is not the intention. If you&#039;re talking about alienating cis people, though, they would have literally every other character on the site to represent them.
@Tarawr But that doesn&#039;t do anything for trans* visibility. Sex/gender changes (often treated as one) are a common trope that the average person doesn&#039;t put any thought into.

@Denotec There is no way to accurately represent trans* people with a single character, and that is not the intention. If you&#039;re talking about alienating cis people, though, they would have literally every other character on the site to represent them.
I feel an NPC wouldn't be necessary as the staff has already said this: [quote]We'd like to start out by saying we want to ensure that Flight Rising is a welcoming place for all races, cultures, religions, sexual indentities, gender identities and handicaps. We will not condone bigotry or hatred towards any group for any reason.[/quote] Then again, I dunno that's just my opinion and in the event a Trans NPC is implemented that'd be cool. Anywho, Good luck with your suggestion who knows we might get a new NPC :3
I feel an NPC wouldn&#039;t be necessary as the staff has already said this:
Quote:
We&#039;d like to start out by saying we want to ensure that Flight Rising is a welcoming place for all races, cultures, religions, sexual indentities, gender identities and handicaps. We will not condone bigotry or hatred towards any group for any reason.

Then again, I dunno that&#039;s just my opinion and in the event a Trans NPC is implemented that&#039;d be cool.

Anywho, Good luck with your suggestion who knows we might get a new NPC :3
RJKPkOA.png

I am always looking to buy Holiday Currency!
And I&#039;m saying that having a trans* NPC isn&#039;t NECESSARY. They issued an apology, the person your hate was against is no longer here. Leave it at that. MOST of us want to just MOVE ON WITH OUR LIVES.

I personally am not COMFORTABLE with so much sexuality on a KIDS GAME.
And I&#039;m saying that having a trans* NPC isn&#039;t NECESSARY. They issued an apology, the person your hate was against is no longer here. Leave it at that. MOST of us want to just MOVE ON WITH OUR LIVES.

I personally am not COMFORTABLE with so much sexuality on a KIDS GAME.
Veo99mO.gif
Join our Flight Rising Discord Server!
I have tried my best to stay out of this debate. But here&#039;s my two cents:

This is a child&#039;s site. A child&#039;s dragon breeding site. There are children here. The population isn&#039;t just made of adults. 13+ is the age range. I know that some teenagers think they are adults but you&#039;re not. Even when the law says you are at 18. Hell I&#039;m 28 and I think I still have a lot of stuff to learn still.

I don&#039;t think sexual orientation should be discussed here. I&#039;m not bashing the GLBT users here, I&#039;m bi sexual myself, I&#039;m just saying this isn&#039;t the place for that kind of discussion.
I have tried my best to stay out of this debate. But here&#039;s my two cents:

This is a child&#039;s site. A child&#039;s dragon breeding site. There are children here. The population isn&#039;t just made of adults. 13+ is the age range. I know that some teenagers think they are adults but you&#039;re not. Even when the law says you are at 18. Hell I&#039;m 28 and I think I still have a lot of stuff to learn still.

I don&#039;t think sexual orientation should be discussed here. I&#039;m not bashing the GLBT users here, I&#039;m bi sexual myself, I&#039;m just saying this isn&#039;t the place for that kind of discussion.
jolteon_by_crisseykitty-d4c7oei.gif
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Trans* is not a sexuality! Trans* is an identity, and I really don&#039;t like the insinuation that it&#039;s somehow inappropriate for children, or dirty, or hush hush. My identity is not inappropriate for children any more than a cis female being female or a cis male being male is inappropriate for children.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Trans* is not a sexuality! Trans* is an identity, and I really don&#039;t like the insinuation that it&#039;s somehow inappropriate for children, or dirty, or hush hush. My identity is not inappropriate for children any more than a cis female being female or a cis male being male is inappropriate for children.
@Tarawr @Ryunosuke
Gender identity has nothing to do with sexual orientation, and it is something that kids go through hell for because of the constant pressure to perform as their assigned gender. Trans* visibility doesn&#039;t just benefit trans* adults. It shows trans* kids that they&#039;re not freaks for what they feel.

Thus, no, I don&#039;t think that there needs to be any special qualifications for trans* characters to be visible, and I personally think that you would both benefit from further research on the subject.
@Tarawr @Ryunosuke
Gender identity has nothing to do with sexual orientation, and it is something that kids go through hell for because of the constant pressure to perform as their assigned gender. Trans* visibility doesn&#039;t just benefit trans* adults. It shows trans* kids that they&#039;re not freaks for what they feel.

Thus, no, I don&#039;t think that there needs to be any special qualifications for trans* characters to be visible, and I personally think that you would both benefit from further research on the subject.
I&#039;m sorry, I&#039;m not trying to be inflammatory here, and I haven&#039;t read the whole thread, so am not sure if this has been covered or not.

However, I, as an asexual, am really starting to feel uncomfortable with all the talk of gender and sexuality. I&#039;m sorry, but it&#039;s the truth. I have absolutely no problem with gay, trans*, or any other sexuality or gender, but it makes me uncomfortable to be surrounded by this. I support equal rights for all, and want this site to be a safe place for all users, not just those who identify as trans*.

Because, even though these groups are a minority IRL, this may drive away others on the site who (a) are uncomfortable with this because they are like me, or (b) users who are AGAINST these views, but would otherwise be quiet about them.
I&#039;m sorry, I&#039;m not trying to be inflammatory here, and I haven&#039;t read the whole thread, so am not sure if this has been covered or not.

However, I, as an asexual, am really starting to feel uncomfortable with all the talk of gender and sexuality. I&#039;m sorry, but it&#039;s the truth. I have absolutely no problem with gay, trans*, or any other sexuality or gender, but it makes me uncomfortable to be surrounded by this. I support equal rights for all, and want this site to be a safe place for all users, not just those who identify as trans*.

Because, even though these groups are a minority IRL, this may drive away others on the site who (a) are uncomfortable with this because they are like me, or (b) users who are AGAINST these views, but would otherwise be quiet about them.
Formerly known as "Scandinavia"
112aps6.jpg
@skai @Helmintio [quote]Whoa, whoa, whoa. Trans* is not a sexuality! Trans* is an identity, and I really don't like the insinuation that it's somehow inappropriate for children, or dirty, or hush hush. My identity is not inappropriate for children any more than a cis female being female or a cis male being male is inappropriate for children. [/quote] I'm sorry. Thank you for correcting me. I never said that it was 'dirty' or hush hush. I just stated that this is a breeding site and one for children no less. Sexual identities should not be shoved in their faces. [quote]Gender identity has nothing to do with sexual orientation, and it is something that kids go through hell for because of the constant pressure to perform as their assigned gender. Trans* visibility doesn't just benefit trans* adults. It shows trans* kids that they're not freaks for what they feel. Thus, no, I don't think that there needs to be any special qualifications for trans* characters to be visible, and I personally think that you would both benefit from further research on the subject. [/quote] As I stated above this is a child's site and I don't think anything sexual should be here. I'm not bashing you or members of the Trans* community. I support equal rights for everyone. I just want this site to be fun again.
@skai @Helmintio
Quote:

I&#039;m sorry. Thank you for correcting me. I never said that it was &#039;dirty&#039; or hush hush. I just stated that this is a breeding site and one for children no less. Sexual identities should not be shoved in their faces.
Quote:

As I stated above this is a child&#039;s site and I don&#039;t think anything sexual should be here.

I&#039;m not bashing you or members of the Trans* community. I support equal rights for everyone. I just want this site to be fun again.
jolteon_by_crisseykitty-d4c7oei.gif
@Ryunosuke
Trans* is not a sexual identity, it is a gender identity. There is nothing sexual about it at all. It is the same as a male feeling or saying "I am male" or a female feeling or saying "I am female."
@Ryunosuke
Trans* is not a sexual identity, it is a gender identity. There is nothing sexual about it at all. It is the same as a male feeling or saying "I am male" or a female feeling or saying "I am female."
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16