Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Breeding Cooldown Boon
1 2 3 4
I'm absolutely against it too, for all the reasons mentioned above (both the pay-to-win aspect and for how badly it could... would crash the market if enough people used it).

I mean, I'm new and with all of my dragons currently on cooldown (and still being hatchlings in most cases, not to mention that except for one of my starters they all turned out female) there's nothing for me to do breeding-wise for at least another week (the dragons I could afford in the auction house and that are at least somewhat pretty are also unsurprisingly on 10-15 days cooldown), but at least there are still the minigames, the coliseum, daily gathering etc. for me to spend a couple minutes each on every day.

Yes, the cooldowns are long (and longer than many other pet sites from what I've heard, although I wouldn't know from experience) and can be pretty discouraging (I only got a single egg from my first and so far only breeding for example), but I think this is just the kind of game FR is - a slow, long-term kind of game - and I wouldn't want people to be able to buy their way to "victory" (their ideal dragon collection, ideal pixel!money-making pairs, etc.), if that makes sense.
I'm absolutely against it too, for all the reasons mentioned above (both the pay-to-win aspect and for how badly it could... would crash the market if enough people used it).

I mean, I'm new and with all of my dragons currently on cooldown (and still being hatchlings in most cases, not to mention that except for one of my starters they all turned out female) there's nothing for me to do breeding-wise for at least another week (the dragons I could afford in the auction house and that are at least somewhat pretty are also unsurprisingly on 10-15 days cooldown), but at least there are still the minigames, the coliseum, daily gathering etc. for me to spend a couple minutes each on every day.

Yes, the cooldowns are long (and longer than many other pet sites from what I've heard, although I wouldn't know from experience) and can be pretty discouraging (I only got a single egg from my first and so far only breeding for example), but I think this is just the kind of game FR is - a slow, long-term kind of game - and I wouldn't want people to be able to buy their way to "victory" (their ideal dragon collection, ideal pixel!money-making pairs, etc.), if that makes sense.
fr-banner-children-of-earth.png
for all the same reasons as above, no support. sorry. The long cool downs are what make a breed rare or not. We're already absolutely swimming in hatchlings (have you seen the AH lately?) So I don't think we need this at all.
for all the same reasons as above, no support. sorry. The long cool downs are what make a breed rare or not. We're already absolutely swimming in hatchlings (have you seen the AH lately?) So I don't think we need this at all.
011F_Custom.png 013F_Custom.png
This has been suggested multiple times before..
Still support it though although it should not wipe it out completely. It should only take off five or so days and possibly not work on "plentiful" breeds at all.
This has been suggested multiple times before..
Still support it though although it should not wipe it out completely. It should only take off five or so days and possibly not work on "plentiful" breeds at all.
Additionally, let me make a point about rarity control:

On another breedable dragon site I'm sure many of us are familiar with--Dragon Cave--breed rarity is controlled by the infamous "ratios," or how likely a dragon of that breed is to be produced whenever there's a dragon-creating event (cave spawns, breeding). Because rare breeds trade like hotcakes, especially at low generation numbers, they are obviously bred as often as possible. All dragon breeding CDs are identical--7 days--and all regular dragon breeding has a chance of producing one egg and no more. The likelihood that your SUPER SPECIAL SHINY RARE DRAGON will produce another of its breed can dip as low as 5%--or 1%, or less--for an individual breeding. Each successful breeding of a rare lowers the likelihood that everyone on the site will be able to breed another one of those dragons in the future.

Which means that people can go for literal months or even years without ever producing the dragons they want to, from the pairings they want.

On the plus side, rares are still rare (or at least uncommon) there, and while it isn't too hard to get one if you work at it, low generation or CB rare dragons are still a very nice prize.

Compounding this, of course, is the fact once they're out of a very short tradeable window--however long it takes them to grow from an egg to an adult, which can be a maximum of two weeks if you're really risking killing them--that dragon is now stuck on whatever scroll it grew up on, forever.

Now. Would you prefer to have the DC model, where you could breed Common/Uncommon/Special/Rare breeds just as often as Plentiful breeds, but you'd only ever get one egg out of them if they decided to produce for you at all--or would you prefer the current model, where you are guaranteed at least one egg every thirty-five days for the rarest breeds?

I know I certainly prefer having rarity limited by breeding cooldown, rather than the ability to breed those dragons at all.
Additionally, let me make a point about rarity control:

On another breedable dragon site I'm sure many of us are familiar with--Dragon Cave--breed rarity is controlled by the infamous "ratios," or how likely a dragon of that breed is to be produced whenever there's a dragon-creating event (cave spawns, breeding). Because rare breeds trade like hotcakes, especially at low generation numbers, they are obviously bred as often as possible. All dragon breeding CDs are identical--7 days--and all regular dragon breeding has a chance of producing one egg and no more. The likelihood that your SUPER SPECIAL SHINY RARE DRAGON will produce another of its breed can dip as low as 5%--or 1%, or less--for an individual breeding. Each successful breeding of a rare lowers the likelihood that everyone on the site will be able to breed another one of those dragons in the future.

Which means that people can go for literal months or even years without ever producing the dragons they want to, from the pairings they want.

On the plus side, rares are still rare (or at least uncommon) there, and while it isn't too hard to get one if you work at it, low generation or CB rare dragons are still a very nice prize.

Compounding this, of course, is the fact once they're out of a very short tradeable window--however long it takes them to grow from an egg to an adult, which can be a maximum of two weeks if you're really risking killing them--that dragon is now stuck on whatever scroll it grew up on, forever.

Now. Would you prefer to have the DC model, where you could breed Common/Uncommon/Special/Rare breeds just as often as Plentiful breeds, but you'd only ever get one egg out of them if they decided to produce for you at all--or would you prefer the current model, where you are guaranteed at least one egg every thirty-five days for the rarest breeds?

I know I certainly prefer having rarity limited by breeding cooldown, rather than the ability to breed those dragons at all.

LTuUX3R.png

everything happens so much
nrPzdF6.png

I'M GONNA DRINK IT LIKE A PERSON
It's been suggested multiple times in the past, and the admins at this point in time have no intention of introducing something that removes the breeding cooldown. [quote]We do not have plans for such an item. The team feels that the ability to bypass breeding cooldown is too similar to buying power or buying additional gameplay.[/quote] [right][url=http://flightrising.tumblr.com/post/51738780979/question-and-answer-33]-source[/url][/right] Once more dragons are available to you, you won't even notice the cooldown. It is unfortunate that it's such a slow start right now, but the price of hatchlings is dropping rapidly and it shouldn't take much to get a big breeding pool open to you.
It's been suggested multiple times in the past, and the admins at this point in time have no intention of introducing something that removes the breeding cooldown.
Quote:
We do not have plans for such an item. The team feels that the ability to bypass breeding cooldown is too similar to buying power or buying additional gameplay.

Once more dragons are available to you, you won't even notice the cooldown. It is unfortunate that it's such a slow start right now, but the price of hatchlings is dropping rapidly and it shouldn't take much to get a big breeding pool open to you.
001F_Custom.png
[quote name="Kirisch" date="2013-07-15 15:11:53"]I think it would be a great idea to have a thing similar to the Boon of Fertility; The Boon of Breeding-Cooldown-Begone. I think it would be profitable for the game developers to make such a boon - naturally to be purchased only with gems - because some dragons have a really (really) long breeding cooldown time! Maybe I'm just missing some hidden gem here on the site and it already exist, but I'm just throwing this out here as a random suggestion :3[/quote] Only if it cost like, 2000gems
Kirisch wrote on 2013-07-15 15:11:53:
I think it would be a great idea to have a thing similar to the Boon of Fertility;

The Boon of Breeding-Cooldown-Begone.

I think it would be profitable for the game developers to make such a boon - naturally to be purchased only with gems - because some dragons have a really (really) long breeding cooldown time!

Maybe I'm just missing some hidden gem here on the site and it already exist, but I'm just throwing this out here as a random suggestion :3

Only if it cost like, 2000gems
[url][/url]
HEEsiggy.gif
No support for all the reasons previously mentioned.
No support for all the reasons previously mentioned.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
No support. I think the Boon of Fertility is already a borderline Pay-to-Win item and having a cooldown boon plus the fertility boon would just push it over the edge. Players who are able to pump money into the game like no other would be able to flood the market with expensive hatchlings, while players like myself who put only birthday or holiday money in would either have to earn the gems to boon a few times or sit out entirely.
No support. I think the Boon of Fertility is already a borderline Pay-to-Win item and having a cooldown boon plus the fertility boon would just push it over the edge. Players who are able to pump money into the game like no other would be able to flood the market with expensive hatchlings, while players like myself who put only birthday or holiday money in would either have to earn the gems to boon a few times or sit out entirely.
accessibilitysmaller.pngtumblr_inline_ngg8mvee1A1suj19d.png
No support. I like that this game has avoided most of the unpleasantries of pay to play.
No support. I like that this game has avoided most of the unpleasantries of pay to play.
0BrAWFT.png8sbZLoS.png
Absolutely no support, because it makes the game more or less pay-to-win and that's no fun. We've already got the boon of fertility, which hastens things along to a degree, but being able to bypass breeding cooldown entirely seems ridiculous, and it would have a pretty adverse effect on the dragon market.
Absolutely no support, because it makes the game more or less pay-to-win and that's no fun. We've already got the boon of fertility, which hastens things along to a degree, but being able to bypass breeding cooldown entirely seems ridiculous, and it would have a pretty adverse effect on the dragon market.
4Gh3xRo.png
MUYNhfy.png
sD0LDRK.png
bYt72YT.png

PRICTGJ.png
plague_1.png - gathering turns & coli grinding shop
- plaguedom shop

- item sales
- g1 sales
1 2 3 4