Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | gem sale indicator toggle/edit
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Quote:
re: "it's only a few days" - those of us with adhd, ocd, etc. cant just....turn off our mental illnesses for a few days. but the site designers can make the star go away after the link has been clicked. it's extremely easy to do, actually.

Enough said.

And there's no definition for what counts as "disruptive", it's subjective. Most people don't consider tags in clothes as disruptive, but tell that to my brain lol. After four days with a tag inside my clothes I would be found naked in the forest hissing like a cat at everyone who dares to approach.

Some people get used to sensory inputs like that, some just can't. That's fine. Especially in this case where it's something that can be alleviated very easily.

I'm almost certain staff is already on this though.
Quote:
re: "it's only a few days" - those of us with adhd, ocd, etc. cant just....turn off our mental illnesses for a few days. but the site designers can make the star go away after the link has been clicked. it's extremely easy to do, actually.

Enough said.

And there's no definition for what counts as "disruptive", it's subjective. Most people don't consider tags in clothes as disruptive, but tell that to my brain lol. After four days with a tag inside my clothes I would be found naked in the forest hissing like a cat at everyone who dares to approach.

Some people get used to sensory inputs like that, some just can't. That's fine. Especially in this case where it's something that can be alleviated very easily.

I'm almost certain staff is already on this though.
s8iVVJA.png
Heavily agree

Its annoying, destructive, and its literally screaming "we want more money! Give us your money!"
Heavily agree

Its annoying, destructive, and its literally screaming "we want more money! Give us your money!"
IGpuhf0.png
FObX7rS.png
R1dejfm.png
12ilQ62.png
fkWjutW.png
rix3ppo.png
Media_231220_202658.gif?ex=659598f8&is=658323f8&hm=c79108961210a055a23a9bc4e79d36cce835dcd5a28d1e2d79bff38aeb0f7128&.gifl91GsYI.gif
I think a sale indicator is useful, however it should be different from the Site Task indicator used by Pinkerton and Arlo and so forth. I think the fire icon used in the Marketplace would be a good replacement, largely because it’s familiar. The word “sale” in brackets would also be easy to understand and unobtrusive.
I think a sale indicator is useful, however it should be different from the Site Task indicator used by Pinkerton and Arlo and so forth. I think the fire icon used in the Marketplace would be a good replacement, largely because it’s familiar. The word “sale” in brackets would also be easy to understand and unobtrusive.
I think it's enough of a reminder that there is an easily viewable announcement at the top of the home page, the first thing everyone sees when they log in for the day. I agree, I would at least like the star to be dismissible, even if it only went away when I viewed the page. But I also agree with the others who are saying that its design is jarring and it feels incohesive with the rest of the site.

For me it's an accessibility issue, I have problems with OCD and it uncontrollably grabs my eyes every time I do anything. It's frustrating.
I think it's enough of a reminder that there is an easily viewable announcement at the top of the home page, the first thing everyone sees when they log in for the day. I agree, I would at least like the star to be dismissible, even if it only went away when I viewed the page. But I also agree with the others who are saying that its design is jarring and it feels incohesive with the rest of the site.

For me it's an accessibility issue, I have problems with OCD and it uncontrollably grabs my eyes every time I do anything. It's frustrating.
7GFlGJN.pnglrqDePv.pngsGgQ25Y.pngMpoIPJl.pngsGgQ25Y.png0nIARi4.png1nxsvgf.pngzWgdxzn.pngwN1CyRb.pngFF7sHLD.pngGJZzfu4.pngMrRCllp.png
EBEMlSX.png
Agreed. It's bright and annoying to look at.
Agreed. It's bright and annoying to look at.
The Enforcer - they/themAboutArtFree IconsAvatar DragonNeocitiesWishlistA pixelated animation of a teal Mirror dragon wearing a blue and purple hood. They blink and then a heart appears in a speech balloon before filling with dark liquid and fading to black.
it would be very nice if it would go away after you clicked it, like a notification (which is what it looks like). its very distracting
it would be very nice if it would go away after you clicked it, like a notification (which is what it looks like). its very distracting
................................................slime man
frshadow_right_sword_by_littlefiredragon-dbjxzgh.png
Notifications you can't dismiss are the worst. I think that once you click on the notification it should go away, as notifications generally do.
Notifications you can't dismiss are the worst. I think that once you click on the notification it should go away, as notifications generally do.
jCVhFoZ.gif
[quote name="JupiterSage14" date="2023-11-28 08:20:27" ] I think the fire icon used in the Marketplace would be a good replacement, largely because it’s familiar. [/quote] If making it a dismissable notification isn't feasible, this would be a really good option, too. Cohesive with other site elements & less confusing.
JupiterSage14 wrote on 2023-11-28 08:20:27:
I think the fire icon used in the Marketplace would be a good replacement, largely because it’s familiar.

If making it a dismissable notification isn't feasible, this would be a really good option, too. Cohesive with other site elements & less confusing.
[quote name="JupiterSage14" date="2023-11-28 08:20:27" ] I think the fire icon used in the Marketplace would be a good replacement, largely because it’s familiar. The word “sale” in brackets would also be easy to understand and unobtrusive. [/quote] That may work.. I've learned to check the fire icon and then brain knows "It's okay, it's a sale"
JupiterSage14 wrote on 2023-11-28 08:20:27:
I think the fire icon used in the Marketplace would be a good replacement, largely because it’s familiar. The word “sale” in brackets would also be easy to understand and unobtrusive.
That may work.. I've learned to check the fire icon and then brain knows "It's okay, it's a sale"
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
I agree, it is ridiculously distracting and I want it gone.
I agree, it is ridiculously distracting and I want it gone.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12