Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Repeat Work / Repeat Brew
1 2
Both Arlo's Ancient Artifacts and Baldwin's Bubbling Brew have a gameplay loop that asks players to return multiple times a day. The frustrating part, however, is that it requires you to manually select each item and action every single time, with no way to streamline it.

Suggestions for a "Queue" of work/items are generally disliked, as they would prevent the player from revisiting these pages as intended and reduce the site's ad revenue. That's not what I'm talking about today.

The suggestions are simple:
  1. Add a button to "Repeat my last work" in Arlo's Artifacts. This could be located at the top of each digsite's page, near the "Send Research Notes" button.

While this is perhaps not necessary for Rugged Work, this would instead provide an option for repeating 1 Precise work in the last plot you ordered Precise work in.
  2. Add a button to "Repeat my last brew" in Baldwin. This could be located in both the Transmute Objects page, below the "Transmute" button, and the Create New Items page, below the "Cauldron is ready!" icon.

Same principle; either melt down another copy of the same item you last reduced, or repeat the last recipe you brewed. If you've run out of the item you were reducing, the button would grey out until you select something different. Repeating recipes would give you the usual pop-up, including if you're missing an ingredient.

For visual clarity, there could be small icons next to the "Repeat" button indicating which action you would be repeating, along with the miniature thumbnail for reference of which item you would be excavating/reducing/creating next.

We already see shrunken thumbnails that include tooltips on each Arlo plot, so the "shrinking" coding is already present there - and hopefully wouldn't be obstructively difficult to add to Baldwin.

There is no difference in page loads with these options, so the amount of pageviews, ad revenue, and gameplay would not be altered whatsoever. The process would still be one-at-a-time in all cases.

All this would do is streamline the process of digging for artifacts and mass-producing transmutation materials that players are already doing every day - something highly desirable for something you can do every day.

If I've overlooked something or forgotten an existing mechanic that would complicate this, please let me know.
Both Arlo's Ancient Artifacts and Baldwin's Bubbling Brew have a gameplay loop that asks players to return multiple times a day. The frustrating part, however, is that it requires you to manually select each item and action every single time, with no way to streamline it.

Suggestions for a "Queue" of work/items are generally disliked, as they would prevent the player from revisiting these pages as intended and reduce the site's ad revenue. That's not what I'm talking about today.

The suggestions are simple:
  1. Add a button to "Repeat my last work" in Arlo's Artifacts. This could be located at the top of each digsite's page, near the "Send Research Notes" button.

While this is perhaps not necessary for Rugged Work, this would instead provide an option for repeating 1 Precise work in the last plot you ordered Precise work in.
  2. Add a button to "Repeat my last brew" in Baldwin. This could be located in both the Transmute Objects page, below the "Transmute" button, and the Create New Items page, below the "Cauldron is ready!" icon.

Same principle; either melt down another copy of the same item you last reduced, or repeat the last recipe you brewed. If you've run out of the item you were reducing, the button would grey out until you select something different. Repeating recipes would give you the usual pop-up, including if you're missing an ingredient.

For visual clarity, there could be small icons next to the "Repeat" button indicating which action you would be repeating, along with the miniature thumbnail for reference of which item you would be excavating/reducing/creating next.

We already see shrunken thumbnails that include tooltips on each Arlo plot, so the "shrinking" coding is already present there - and hopefully wouldn't be obstructively difficult to add to Baldwin.

There is no difference in page loads with these options, so the amount of pageviews, ad revenue, and gameplay would not be altered whatsoever. The process would still be one-at-a-time in all cases.

All this would do is streamline the process of digging for artifacts and mass-producing transmutation materials that players are already doing every day - something highly desirable for something you can do every day.

If I've overlooked something or forgotten an existing mechanic that would complicate this, please let me know.
XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares
they/them/theirs | FR Time +0

+[Wasteland Radio Hatchery]+
-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-
I think this is well thought out and I would love to have this as an option. I use Baldwin multiple times every day and I would love to use this when I'm converting sludge.
I think this is well thought out and I would love to have this as an option. I use Baldwin multiple times every day and I would love to use this when I'm converting sludge.
marina_small_by_wesleart_by_bombswan-db2x2ss.png
Support as always such suggestions! (But this one described very well! Hope this one continue floating on top as best sample of such sort or suggestions!)
Support as always such suggestions! (But this one described very well! Hope this one continue floating on top as best sample of such sort or suggestions!)

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
I love how this was posted right around the same time as my similar suggestion for argos! Same wavelength haha

Big support, it's just such a time saver to have a repeat button on these actions so we can brew and dig more in a day!
I love how this was posted right around the same time as my similar suggestion for argos! Same wavelength haha

Big support, it's just such a time saver to have a repeat button on these actions so we can brew and dig more in a day!
Aikka_commission_a_little_brighter.gif FObX7rS.png
apUeZZ4.png
5iXiC8z.png
tyEuRXe.png
bYt72YT.png
YMPbu9R.png
Previously a nest host for Active Nest Rentals 2.0!
Yes please, wild cut down on clicks and loading a lil bit. Support.
Yes please, wild cut down on clicks and loading a lil bit. Support.
FObX7rS.png WQA384m.png
hh5n4WA.png WvEXipG.pngA6Pqy3l.png
big support!!
big support!!
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
Yeah, this would be amazing.
Yeah, this would be amazing.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
Support.

Baldwin might be a bit finicky for items that don't stack (apparel and fams) but just having it open the selection to the correct hoard section would help a lot.

Or they could add a "bag" function (as has been suggested before) or whatever, that you can preload from the hoard with items you want to melt, and then just repeat from the stuff in there.
Support.

Baldwin might be a bit finicky for items that don't stack (apparel and fams) but just having it open the selection to the correct hoard section would help a lot.

Or they could add a "bag" function (as has been suggested before) or whatever, that you can preload from the hoard with items you want to melt, and then just repeat from the stuff in there.
Please. Yes. I’m begging.

So many clicks and so much waiting for image loads and so much scrolling to just transmute another Rotala.
Please. Yes. I’m begging.

So many clicks and so much waiting for image loads and so much scrolling to just transmute another Rotala.
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
support. it is really annoying to scroll down and find that one item you're melting down. every. single. time.
support. it is really annoying to scroll down and find that one item you're melting down. every. single. time.
littel_guy.png Alex or Rex
They/He
FR +1
Pinging is OK
Dragon Sales
1 2