Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [Arlo] Making AAA less frustrating
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
[quote name="mizushimo" date="2022-02-19 15:43:59" ] The problem with having more control over the digsites is that even with the massive wait times and RNG, AH prices on all the items seem on track to hit 10 - 5k in a couple of weeks for most of the apparel and items. With more control, this would just happen faster for the most desirable items. [/quote] So? I bought the scene for 7g today and all the familiars for below 30g. Doesn't matter all that much if the price drop happens after one week or two, really. And see it from this site; you now have a lot of users gathering a lot of resources because they hit the level cap, got everything or simply just stopped out of frustration. The items from the next digsite will tank even faster due to people having piles of resources at their disposal. Taking out some of the rng would at least minimize the frustration and a lot of people would probably enjoy it more even if the items only had fodder value. And like the post above me said, the economy will eventually even itself out if more digsites are available and people start saving their resources for the next one.
mizushimo wrote on 2022-02-19 15:43:59:
The problem with having more control over the digsites is that even with the massive wait times and RNG, AH prices on all the items seem on track to hit 10 - 5k in a couple of weeks for most of the apparel and items. With more control, this would just happen faster for the most desirable items.
So? I bought the scene for 7g today and all the familiars for below 30g. Doesn't matter all that much if the price drop happens after one week or two, really.
And see it from this site; you now have a lot of users gathering a lot of resources because they hit the level cap, got everything or simply just stopped out of frustration. The items from the next digsite will tank even faster due to people having piles of resources at their disposal.

Taking out some of the rng would at least minimize the frustration and a lot of people would probably enjoy it more even if the items only had fodder value. And like the post above me said, the economy will eventually even itself out if more digsites are available and people start saving their resources for the next one.
tumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.pngsmall_save_the_imps2_by_keldeostar-dc6ioyu.pngtumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.pnghttps://68.media.tumblr.com/d520b49ad1e535b4432d0a80efc5db86/tumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.png[/img]
I'm mostly fine with how AAA is now, but the one thing that would be nice is being able to disable/enable dig plots you've already unearthed. I don't know how complicated that would be to code in, but it is a pain when you're trying to unearth a new plot and the random picks for rough work keep going to plots you've already uncovered.
I'm mostly fine with how AAA is now, but the one thing that would be nice is being able to disable/enable dig plots you've already unearthed. I don't know how complicated that would be to code in, but it is a pain when you're trying to unearth a new plot and the random picks for rough work keep going to plots you've already uncovered.
[quote name="mizushimo" date="2022-02-19 15:43:59" ] The problem with having more control over the digsites is that even with the massive wait times and RNG, AH prices on all the items seem on track to hit 10 - 5k in a couple of weeks for most of the apparel and items. With more control, this would just happen faster for the most desirable items. All people have to do who don't like the game is wait a few weeks and everything will be affordable. This also happened when Baldwin was first introed, everyone was grinding the the basic items until they were all worthless just to level up. FR obviously wanted a game that would entice people to check the site every ten minutes for a few hours daily. If people get all the items they want quickly, then there's no reason to play anymore until the next digsite comes out....so they shaped the game with tones of rng to slow everyone down. Any change would have to keep the checking back multiple times a day thing and would need barriers to keep people from getting everything they want in a couple of days. [/quote] Then FR has to pick its poison. Forcing players to get duplicates of items they don't want guarantees those items to tank badly. Players having more control means all items are progressively going to get cheaper--depending on how faster FR releases new Arlo content to give the current ones competition. In time, without enough Arlo items for competition, all items are going to hit rock bottom. So does it matter if players choose? With no player choices, it guarantees tanking. Overall, I feel more control and supply/demand market would be more self regulating. But the way to avoid tanking prices isn't taking away player control. It's constantly creating new content so players have to choose where to use limited Arlo resources.
mizushimo wrote on 2022-02-19 15:43:59:
The problem with having more control over the digsites is that even with the massive wait times and RNG, AH prices on all the items seem on track to hit 10 - 5k in a couple of weeks for most of the apparel and items. With more control, this would just happen faster for the most desirable items. All people have to do who don't like the game is wait a few weeks and everything will be affordable. This also happened when Baldwin was first introed, everyone was grinding the the basic items until they were all worthless just to level up.

FR obviously wanted a game that would entice people to check the site every ten minutes for a few hours daily. If people get all the items they want quickly, then there's no reason to play anymore until the next digsite comes out....so they shaped the game with tones of rng to slow everyone down. Any change would have to keep the checking back multiple times a day thing and would need barriers to keep people from getting everything they want in a couple of days.
Then FR has to pick its poison. Forcing players to get duplicates of items they don't want guarantees those items to tank badly. Players having more control means all items are progressively going to get cheaper--depending on how faster FR releases new Arlo content to give the current ones competition.

In time, without enough Arlo items for competition, all items are going to hit rock bottom. So does it matter if players choose? With no player choices, it guarantees tanking. Overall, I feel more control and supply/demand market would be more self regulating.

But the way to avoid tanking prices isn't taking away player control. It's constantly creating new content so players have to choose where to use limited Arlo resources.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Still want some weight on not using pickaxes on tiles that have already been uncovered until ALL of them have been uncovered at least once. I got 2 pickaxes today and this is where the last set went. I mean really? [img]https://i.imgur.com/yFyWi5p.png[/img]
Still want some weight on not using pickaxes on tiles that have already been uncovered until ALL of them have been uncovered at least once. I got 2 pickaxes today and this is where the last set went.

I mean really?

yFyWi5p.png
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
On locking plots: unless we can leave completed plots completed, we need this.
A common (and reasonable) complaint is that players could lock every plot but one to get rare items faster, or to easily get the item they want.
So, just let us lock a limited number of plots.
Five is low but would still help.
Eight is half of the total plots and would let us focus more on a few certain plots while also having to lose a few pickaxes to other plots.
Twelve is almost all of the plots, and I personally think that it's too high.

(also, massive support!)
A common (and reasonable) complaint is that players could lock every plot but one to get rare items faster, or to easily get the item they want.
Eight is half of the total plots and would let us focus more on a few certain plots while also having to lose a few pickaxes to other plots.

(also, massive support!)
pro tips:
- if you add a message to a CR then decline it, the person who you're trading with CAN'T see the message - editing a post DOES NOT re-ping any pings in the post. you have to remove the pings, submit, then add them back in.
[quote name="CrystalDragon14" date="2022-02-19 23:34:26" ] A common (and reasonable) complaint is that players could lock every plot but one to get rare items faster, or to easily get the item they want. [/quote] i keep seeing this brought up but i don't understand why it's a problem. none of arlo's items are "rare" and if the formula stays the same he isn't likely to ever have any "rare" or valuable items. getting stuff from him for free is just a matter of logging in every day and clicking some buttons. even the desirable items like the genes and apparel have tanked to below average value as soon as the majority of people started unlocking those plots, and that's exactly what's going to happen with all the other items in every other dig site. some high level items might retain value a little longer since not everyone will have the exp they need to grind them out, but none and i mean [b]none[/b] of arlo's inventory is ever really going to be worth big money. so if i want to gene some dragons with ground/fissure, just...let me get ground and fissure without pelting me with troodos i don't want. it really isn't going to make a difference. i understand people want more valuable items and whenever something new comes out there's a lot of talk about "retaining value" but the truth of the matter is arlo's items have no value; they're already dirt cheap and there hasn't even been any time for people to start grinding duplicates for sale. it's just the way it is, unless some drastic change is made to how he works.
CrystalDragon14 wrote on 2022-02-19 23:34:26:
i keep seeing this brought up but i don't understand why it's a problem.

none of arlo's items are "rare" and if the formula stays the same he isn't likely to ever have any "rare" or valuable items. getting stuff from him for free is just a matter of logging in every day and clicking some buttons. even the desirable items like the genes and apparel have tanked to below average value as soon as the majority of people started unlocking those plots, and that's exactly what's going to happen with all the other items in every other dig site. some high level items might retain value a little longer since not everyone will have the exp they need to grind them out, but none and i mean none of arlo's inventory is ever really going to be worth big money.

so if i want to gene some dragons with ground/fissure, just...let me get ground and fissure without pelting me with troodos i don't want. it really isn't going to make a difference. i understand people want more valuable items and whenever something new comes out there's a lot of talk about "retaining value" but the truth of the matter is arlo's items have no value; they're already dirt cheap and there hasn't even been any time for people to start grinding duplicates for sale.

it's just the way it is, unless some drastic change is made to how he works.
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
xxxxx 9121892.png
[quote name="CrystalDragon14" date="2022-02-19 23:34:26" ] On locking plots: unless we can leave completed plots completed, we need this. A common (and reasonable) complaint is that players could lock every plot but one to get rare items faster, or to easily get the item they want. So, just let us lock a limited number of plots. Five is low but would still help. Eight is half of the total plots and would let us focus more on a few certain plots while also having to lose a few pickaxes to other plots. Twelve is almost all of the plots, and I personally think that it's too high. (also, massive support!) [/quote] I think it could be a decent compromise that you can only lock plots you’ve already uncovered, and it would fit a little better with the lore, as it were. That and I really think you should be able to exchange an amount of pickaxes for a magnifying glass, like how you can with the notes.
CrystalDragon14 wrote on 2022-02-19 23:34:26:

(also, massive support!)

I think it could be a decent compromise that you can only lock plots you’ve already uncovered, and it would fit a little better with the lore, as it were.

That and I really think you should be able to exchange an amount of pickaxes for a magnifying glass, like how you can with the notes.
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
Voicing my support here as well to somehow adjust how the plots are uncovered repeatedly. Now that I’ve uncovered 6 plots, the frequency with which pickaxes land on already covered plots is getting a bit bothersome - 3 out of 5 can easily land on an uncovered plot. I hestitate to call it a waste or completely unfun - I do enjoy the randomness to an extent - but it’s not a fulfilling experience either, especially if I roll bad on magnifying glasses.

I’m sure there’re several approaches to how to balance it and I don’t have a whole lot preference over how it’s done, just adding my vote to the pile.
Voicing my support here as well to somehow adjust how the plots are uncovered repeatedly. Now that I’ve uncovered 6 plots, the frequency with which pickaxes land on already covered plots is getting a bit bothersome - 3 out of 5 can easily land on an uncovered plot. I hestitate to call it a waste or completely unfun - I do enjoy the randomness to an extent - but it’s not a fulfilling experience either, especially if I roll bad on magnifying glasses.

I’m sure there’re several approaches to how to balance it and I don’t have a whole lot preference over how it’s done, just adding my vote to the pile.
[quote name="skinklegs" date="2022-02-20 00:47:00" ] i keep seeing this brought up but i don't understand why it's a problem. [/quote] Same. I don't get why we can't dig only for items we need after uncovering the plots once. "Oh, but people will grind for genes then!" So? They'll be dirt cheap soon anyway (they already are some of the cheapest genes), as we all have no time limit and free daily resources to keep digging. Moreover, the current system causes frustration and forces people to drop digging faster as it's easier to simply buy a needed piece of apparel from AH than see your pickaxes wasted on another useless vista or iguanador. It's already quite annoying that we need to check back every 10-15 minutes, up to 10 or even more times per day depending on our luck with the daily resources, making it mostly useless clicking that gives you trash for melting or selling for 500t makes people stop visiting it. I realize that devs wanted to encourage us to visit the site more often, but the current Arlo isn't very fun to use, and as we're not even able to store exp or pick an item that can actually be sold for more than 500t or used on our own dragons, I see no point in wasting time on it.
skinklegs wrote on 2022-02-20 00:47:00:
i keep seeing this brought up but i don't understand why it's a problem.
Same. I don't get why we can't dig only for items we need after uncovering the plots once. "Oh, but people will grind for genes then!" So? They'll be dirt cheap soon anyway (they already are some of the cheapest genes), as we all have no time limit and free daily resources to keep digging.

Moreover, the current system causes frustration and forces people to drop digging faster as it's easier to simply buy a needed piece of apparel from AH than see your pickaxes wasted on another useless vista or iguanador. It's already quite annoying that we need to check back every 10-15 minutes, up to 10 or even more times per day depending on our luck with the daily resources, making it mostly useless clicking that gives you trash for melting or selling for 500t makes people stop visiting it.

I realize that devs wanted to encourage us to visit the site more often, but the current Arlo isn't very fun to use, and as we're not even able to store exp or pick an item that can actually be sold for more than 500t or used on our own dragons, I see no point in wasting time on it.
[quote name="Trix" date="2022-02-20 03:53:38" ] ...and I really think you should be able to exchange an amount of pickaxes for a magnifying glass, like how you can with the notes. [/quote] and vise versa! i think an exchanging system between all of the tools would've been nice - at least it's something that player can control! also i know that nearly 10 notes could give you 1 pickaxe. and lemme say i'm generally not a fan of notes. you [i]must [/i]have some friends, or else you're potentially losing a horrible lot of uncovered spots. but not everyone can or want to socialize, and although it's a nice mechanic, i think people should have choice and 5 notes should be always exchangeable for exactly 1 pickaxe. yeah, it's "the easier way", but cutting out people of any possible competitions bc they're not into socializing is kinda unfair?.. [size=2]i used to be an alone player back in 2018 bc while by passive english skills were good enough, my active skills sucked twice as more then now and i feel sorry for all these newbies coming after arlo's release[/size] upd: oh apparently sometimes it's not a single pickaxe, but a single [i]magnifying glass[/i]?? literally 1 specific tile at the cost of EIGHT random ones? that's totally terrible and [b]not[/b] how things should be
Trix wrote on 2022-02-20 03:53:38:
...and I really think you should be able to exchange an amount of pickaxes for a magnifying glass, like how you can with the notes.

and vise versa! i think an exchanging system between all of the tools would've been nice - at least it's something that player can control!

also i know that nearly 10 notes could give you 1 pickaxe. and lemme say i'm generally not a fan of notes. you must have some friends, or else you're potentially losing a horrible lot of uncovered spots. but not everyone can or want to socialize, and although it's a nice mechanic, i think people should have choice and 5 notes should be always exchangeable for exactly 1 pickaxe. yeah, it's "the easier way", but cutting out people of any possible competitions bc they're not into socializing is kinda unfair?..

i used to be an alone player back in 2018 bc while by passive english skills were good enough, my active skills sucked twice as more then now and i feel sorry for all these newbies coming after arlo's release

upd: oh apparently sometimes it's not a single pickaxe, but a single magnifying glass?? literally 1 specific tile at the cost of EIGHT random ones? that's totally terrible and not how things should be
4350.png hey there! i would appreciate any sci-fi book recommendations, hit me up if you feel like it! (unrelated to the picture of barry bee benson)
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16