Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Ancient Apparel
1 2 3 4
Maybe if they created a new category for floating items that actually allowed users to move them around freely then this entire issue could be somewhat solved.
I don't know how difficult that would be the make, though. But if flowerfalls and such could be special foreground items that could be moved around similar to how some dollmakers work then this would probably solve the debate. Just depends whether or not this would make sense with the way the site works.
Maybe if they created a new category for floating items that actually allowed users to move them around freely then this entire issue could be somewhat solved.
I don't know how difficult that would be the make, though. But if flowerfalls and such could be special foreground items that could be moved around similar to how some dollmakers work then this would probably solve the debate. Just depends whether or not this would make sense with the way the site works.
Mqw5b1R.gif
I support foreground items as a new category so we can have floating stuff for ancients and permababies. Even though I would _personally_ love apparel for my ancients, I still do not support apparel because

-as others have pointed out, even "just a couple small tweaks" adds up per apparel item per pose per breed, which slows down the progress on other art for new apparel, new genes, etc

-The devs already explicitly told us the conditions for ancients. If they go back on that, it's going to make the eyepocalypse look like a kindergarten party. I would really rather we not go there and make the site's culture more toxic than it already is and have people say they can't trust the staff ever again because now they worry what else the devs will go back on, etc.
I support foreground items as a new category so we can have floating stuff for ancients and permababies. Even though I would _personally_ love apparel for my ancients, I still do not support apparel because

-as others have pointed out, even "just a couple small tweaks" adds up per apparel item per pose per breed, which slows down the progress on other art for new apparel, new genes, etc

-The devs already explicitly told us the conditions for ancients. If they go back on that, it's going to make the eyepocalypse look like a kindergarten party. I would really rather we not go there and make the site's culture more toxic than it already is and have people say they can't trust the staff ever again because now they worry what else the devs will go back on, etc.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
No support for apparel on ancients. As someone has already brought up there are people that make beautiful skins/accents for ancients that wear clothing. Some artists even use already existing site apparel!

I do however support something that is a foreground item but is not apparel. As many others have said, this could possibly be something they add to scenes. Something that adds a layer on top of the dragon and then the scene behind them. That way ancients aren't wearing apparel, but at least they can have some interesting foreground like bubbles or rain (or even one-day leaves/flower petals). As a huge plus, this could be used on all dragons, not just ancients!
No support for apparel on ancients. As someone has already brought up there are people that make beautiful skins/accents for ancients that wear clothing. Some artists even use already existing site apparel!

I do however support something that is a foreground item but is not apparel. As many others have said, this could possibly be something they add to scenes. Something that adds a layer on top of the dragon and then the scene behind them. That way ancients aren't wearing apparel, but at least they can have some interesting foreground like bubbles or rain (or even one-day leaves/flower petals). As a huge plus, this could be used on all dragons, not just ancients!
marina_small_by_wesleart_by_bombswan-db2x2ss.png
[quote name="Amut" date="2022-12-02 12:14:22" ] OK. So hear me out...... [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1019799328761589773/1048328984745738341/Waterr.png[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1019799328761589773/1048330749314601070/male.png[/img] Can we please revisit the viability of floating apparel for ancients? Edit: I literally just erased 2 clownfish from the bottom right corner. It took me 5 seconds. It took more time to make a yellow background for the thing than it did to fix this floating apparel to work. Edit 2: Erased the middle right tetras, done in 30 secs [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1019799328761589773/1048333142282489897/Vailfish.png[/img] [/quote] And I repeat here too - gave us do line breaking skins and we'll make "apparels" like this by ourselves! This does not make addition work for fr artists. ND I really do not see how it is harder to moderate then skins in current state.
Amut wrote on 2022-12-02 12:14:22:
OK. So hear me out......

Waterr.png
male.png

Can we please revisit the viability of floating apparel for ancients?

Edit: I literally just erased 2 clownfish from the bottom right corner. It took me 5 seconds. It took more time to make a yellow background for the thing than it did to fix this floating apparel to work.

Edit 2: Erased the middle right tetras, done in 30 secs
Vailfish.png
And I repeat here too - gave us do line breaking skins and we'll make "apparels" like this by ourselves! This does not make addition work for fr artists. ND I really do not see how it is harder to moderate then skins in current state.

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
Sorry but I'm going to have to say no support, giving ancients apparel of any kind defeats the entire reason why these breeds exist in the first place.

Breeds that can't have apparel were the dev's solution to putting out new breeds more frequently, while also providing opportunities for more creative dragon and gene designs. Its the thousands of existing apparel items and the need to redrawn/tweaked to fit both the adult poses that's the main reason why it takes years for new modern breeds to release.
Sorry but I'm going to have to say no support, giving ancients apparel of any kind defeats the entire reason why these breeds exist in the first place.

Breeds that can't have apparel were the dev's solution to putting out new breeds more frequently, while also providing opportunities for more creative dragon and gene designs. Its the thousands of existing apparel items and the need to redrawn/tweaked to fit both the adult poses that's the main reason why it takes years for new modern breeds to release.
70963472_XPWFcmaFImCJJZ5.png
No Support. The whole point of the Ancient Breeds is that they don't have Apparel so they have Funkier designs and not be slowed down by the exponentially complicated task of redrawing Apparel. Even the simplest 'floaty stuff' Apparel might need to get redrawn to account for, like, different poses and stuff.
No Support. The whole point of the Ancient Breeds is that they don't have Apparel so they have Funkier designs and not be slowed down by the exponentially complicated task of redrawing Apparel. Even the simplest 'floaty stuff' Apparel might need to get redrawn to account for, like, different poses and stuff.
(Hey! Maybe check out my comic?)
FRBanner.png
no support - if i had 10 gems for every time i saw someone ask for ancient apparel even though it's been hard no'd by the dev's all my projects would be finished by now
no support - if i had 10 gems for every time i saw someone ask for ancient apparel even though it's been hard no'd by the dev's all my projects would be finished by now
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
Unfortunately, I'm going to say no support for this for all the reasons everyone else has. I think it's perfectly reasonable that ancients cannot wear apparel in exchange for interesting, line-breaking genes and quicker releases of new ancient breeds.
Unfortunately, I'm going to say no support for this for all the reasons everyone else has. I think it's perfectly reasonable that ancients cannot wear apparel in exchange for interesting, line-breaking genes and quicker releases of new ancient breeds.
tumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o4_100.giftumblr_oswcc6oFGq1v8lm95o2_75sq.png Hobbyist Writer57719699_nSiBYnESr0q0Pa5.pngFeel free to ping! tumblr_oswcc6oFGq1v8lm95o1_75sq.pngtumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o2_100.gif
Change skin/accent rules for ancients (if possible) to cover some lines or go beyond the lines, hold contests for skin/accent creation for ancients specifically, have reduced costs for skin/accent creation for ancients if possible.
Change skin/accent rules for ancients (if possible) to cover some lines or go beyond the lines, hold contests for skin/accent creation for ancients specifically, have reduced costs for skin/accent creation for ancients if possible.
Art Thread
Skins and Accent Thread
1 2 3 4