Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Ancient Apparel
1 2 3 4
If players could design apparel and submitted for approval it would save the admins some time
If players could design apparel and submitted for approval it would save the admins some time
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
[quote name="Dabble" date="2022-01-18 15:00:28" ] If players could design apparel and submitted for approval it would save the admins some time [/quote] This can be done with skins/accents. Sure, it's a bit more limited, but it still tends to fill the same category and can look really good! And in other news: I only support this if they add some sort of "Scenic" or "Foreground" apparel category. Or, perhaps, something like Scenes, but in the foreground instead. So it's very clear from the start what's labelled "Scenic" or whatever, and maybe not even update any old apparel for it and just make new stuff. Since it doesn't effect the dragon at all, or maybe doesn't even cover the dragon if it's just like Scenes +1, then it might be fine. Otherwise, as other people have said, it'll just lead to people wanting more and more.
Dabble wrote on 2022-01-18 15:00:28:
This can be done with skins/accents. Sure, it's a bit more limited, but it still tends to fill the same category and can look really good!

And in other news: I only support this if they add some sort of "Scenic" or "Foreground" apparel category. Or, perhaps, something like Scenes, but in the foreground instead. So it's very clear from the start what's labelled "Scenic" or whatever, and maybe not even update any old apparel for it and just make new stuff. Since it doesn't effect the dragon at all, or maybe doesn't even cover the dragon if it's just like Scenes +1, then it might be fine. Otherwise, as other people have said, it'll just lead to people wanting more and more.
girl_icon_by_orgetzu-d8qm7bc.pngping_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z0s1w.pnghatchery_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z17md.pngart_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z1fu6.pnggen_1_sale_icon___orange_by_orgetzu-d9zwj8j.png
bubble_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z1pvh.png
unicorn_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z1xrd.pnghouse_icon_z_by_orgetzu-d9z2r3i.pngwinter_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z2szz.pngfrog_icon_by_orgetzu-d9zwkt5.pngpixel_potatoes_by_orgetzu-d9z0pkl.gif Some of these pixels go places....
Floating apparel for ancients wouldn't be the same amount of work as other apparel, but they would still be some work and take some redrawing. However, if ancients get this concession, so should permababs, under similar logic.
Floating apparel for ancients wouldn't be the same amount of work as other apparel, but they would still be some work and take some redrawing. However, if ancients get this concession, so should permababs, under similar logic.
The most beautiful moment of life
flowerfalls and seasonal winds would be some good stuff, i hope those could be universal between modern and ancient.

nothing fitted like clothes, though. leave that to accents.
flowerfalls and seasonal winds would be some good stuff, i hope those could be universal between modern and ancient.

nothing fitted like clothes, though. leave that to accents.
yzUX307.png
I think it's a nice idea, I'm in favor of this if it doesn't cause too much extra work for the staff. I don't know how much work it is though, so if staff ever came out and said "hey we saw the suggestion, but here's why the extra work is still too much" then that'd be that and I wouldn't support the idea any more. But otherwise it's a neat idea, as well as the 'foreground' idea some others in this thread has mentioned :)
I think it's a nice idea, I'm in favor of this if it doesn't cause too much extra work for the staff. I don't know how much work it is though, so if staff ever came out and said "hey we saw the suggestion, but here's why the extra work is still too much" then that'd be that and I wouldn't support the idea any more. But otherwise it's a neat idea, as well as the 'foreground' idea some others in this thread has mentioned :)
>:)
OK. So hear me out...... [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1019799328761589773/1048328984745738341/Waterr.png[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1019799328761589773/1048330749314601070/male.png[/img] Can we please revisit the viability of floating apparel for ancients? Edit: I literally just erased 2 clownfish from the bottom right corner. It took me 5 seconds. It took more time to make a yellow background for the thing than it did to fix this floating apparel to work. Edit 2: Erased the middle right tetras, done in 30 secs [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1019799328761589773/1048333142282489897/Vailfish.png[/img]
OK. So hear me out......

Waterr.png
male.png

Can we please revisit the viability of floating apparel for ancients?

Edit: I literally just erased 2 clownfish from the bottom right corner. It took me 5 seconds. It took more time to make a yellow background for the thing than it did to fix this floating apparel to work.

Edit 2: Erased the middle right tetras, done in 30 secs
Vailfish.png
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
No apparel of any type for ancients, ever.

No apparel of any type for ancients, ever.

ZQGfAQY.png
I'm on the fence about this only because ancients can already wear clothes. [item=accent: luxurious sweater] What I would really like to see is for people designing skins like this to have the ability to make it apparel instead. It would be breed- and pose-specific. Not one site resource would ever go into it except the moderation that already goes into these skins. Not one. All player-made.
I'm on the fence about this only because ancients can already wear clothes.

Accent: Luxurious Sweater

What I would really like to see is for people designing skins like this to have the ability to make it apparel instead. It would be breed- and pose-specific. Not one site resource would ever go into it except the moderation that already goes into these skins. Not one. All player-made.
86cgLtF.png
oh boy here we go again. I said no support a year ago and it’s still no support from me. It doesn’t matter if it’s “only five seconds” to adjust a piece of clothing that time increases exponentially for every new ancient and every new piece of apparel the user base would beg for. Again I’d rather the devs focus on adding new genes for the current breeds we have instead of adding entirely new features to the way that ancients work
oh boy here we go again. I said no support a year ago and it’s still no support from me. It doesn’t matter if it’s “only five seconds” to adjust a piece of clothing that time increases exponentially for every new ancient and every new piece of apparel the user base would beg for. Again I’d rather the devs focus on adding new genes for the current breeds we have instead of adding entirely new features to the way that ancients work
[quote name="Aliandrin" date="2022-12-02 12:54:17" ] I'm on the fence about this only because ancients can already wear clothes. [item=accent: luxurious sweater] What I would really like to see is for people designing skins like this to have the ability to make it apparel instead. It would be breed- and pose-specific. Not one site resource would ever go into it except the moderation that already goes into these skins. Not one. All player-made. [/quote] I'm pretty sure there's a legal reason why users can't make apparel, something about the artwork breaking lines, if I'm remembering correctly. I'm all in for foreground items, those would be easier.
Aliandrin wrote on 2022-12-02 12:54:17:
I'm on the fence about this only because ancients can already wear clothes.

Accent: Luxurious Sweater

What I would really like to see is for people designing skins like this to have the ability to make it apparel instead. It would be breed- and pose-specific. Not one site resource would ever go into it except the moderation that already goes into these skins. Not one. All player-made.
I'm pretty sure there's a legal reason why users can't make apparel, something about the artwork breaking lines, if I'm remembering correctly.

I'm all in for foreground items, those would be easier.
Y02PS6v.png
1 2 3 4