Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Increase the value of bred dragons
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
no support. [quote name="nekosysteme" date="2022-01-11 08:15:55" ] special, breeding only genes however than skills. Some that would appear by breeding two dragons with two specific genes together (ex. savannah and tiger give ''zebra'') [/quote] though i wouldn't mind having breeding-only genes.
no support.
nekosysteme wrote on 2022-01-11 08:15:55:
special, breeding only genes however than skills. Some that would appear by breeding two dragons with two specific genes together (ex. savannah and tiger give ''zebra'')
though i wouldn't mind having breeding-only genes.
xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
midwxst

he / him
fr +3
[quote name="midwxst" date="2022-01-11 09:42:07" ] no support. [quote name="nekosysteme" date="2022-01-11 08:15:55" ] special, breeding only genes however than skills. Some that would appear by breeding two dragons with two specific genes together (ex. savannah and tiger give ''zebra'') [/quote] though i wouldn't mind having breeding-only genes. [/quote] This would go over just as poorly or worse than the initial eye update as genes are a larger part than than the eyes and what if the hybrid gene is just perfect for a sentimental dragon you already have and you couldn’t get it. As it is people constantly ask for currently ancient exclusive genes to be ported over to modern dragons, breeding exclusive genes would be far worse
midwxst wrote on 2022-01-11 09:42:07:
no support.
special, breeding only genes however than skills. Some that would appear by breeding two dragons with two specific genes together (ex. savannah and tiger give ''zebra'')
This would go over just as poorly or worse than the initial eye update as genes are a larger part than than the eyes and what if the hybrid gene is just perfect for a sentimental dragon you already have and you couldn’t get it. As it is people constantly ask for currently ancient exclusive genes to be ported over to modern dragons, breeding exclusive genes would be far worse
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
[quote name="DragonSage" date="2022-01-11 09:50:24" ] [quote name="midwxst" date="2022-01-11 09:42:07" ] no support. [quote name="nekosysteme" date="2022-01-11 08:15:55" ] special, breeding only genes however than skills. Some that would appear by breeding two dragons with two specific genes together (ex. savannah and tiger give ''zebra'') [/quote] though i wouldn't mind having breeding-only genes. [/quote] This would go over just as poorly or worse than the initial eye update as genes are a larger part than than the eyes and what if the hybrid gene is just perfect for a sentimental dragon you already have and you couldn’t get it. As it is people constantly ask for currently ancient exclusive genes to be ported over to modern dragons, breeding exclusive genes would be far worse [/quote] The only way I could support this is if the breeding had a chance to give a scroll rather than automatically applying a gene that could ruin my pairings.
DragonSage wrote on 2022-01-11 09:50:24:
no support.
This would go over just as poorly or worse than the initial eye update as genes are a larger part than than the eyes and what if the hybrid gene is just perfect for a sentimental dragon you already have and you couldn’t get it. As it is people constantly ask for currently ancient exclusive genes to be ported over to modern dragons, breeding exclusive genes would be far worse

The only way I could support this is if the breeding had a chance to give a scroll rather than automatically applying a gene that could ruin my pairings.
I can only see this to sort of work if it's a clan-wide feature. IE, some perks unlocked after the clan bred a set number of times/offspring as a whole and this perk can be used on all dragons in the clan.

Also, the site value of any dragon is the same - they give you the same amount when exalted and bred/unbred had never been a feature for bonus. The 'value' you're talking about is purely player-driven, and asking the site to steer this free market into a certain course after so many years of freedom will just cause riot and no benefit (to the site).
I can only see this to sort of work if it's a clan-wide feature. IE, some perks unlocked after the clan bred a set number of times/offspring as a whole and this perk can be used on all dragons in the clan.

Also, the site value of any dragon is the same - they give you the same amount when exalted and bred/unbred had never been a feature for bonus. The 'value' you're talking about is purely player-driven, and asking the site to steer this free market into a certain course after so many years of freedom will just cause riot and no benefit (to the site).
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
[quote name="Lykos" date="2022-01-11 09:56:31" ] [quote name="DragonSage" date="2022-01-11 09:50:24" ] [quote name="midwxst" date="2022-01-11 09:42:07" ] no support. [quote name="nekosysteme" date="2022-01-11 08:15:55" ] special, breeding only genes however than skills. Some that would appear by breeding two dragons with two specific genes together (ex. savannah and tiger give ''zebra'') [/quote] though i wouldn't mind having breeding-only genes. [/quote] This would go over just as poorly or worse than the initial eye update as genes are a larger part than than the eyes and what if the hybrid gene is just perfect for a sentimental dragon you already have and you couldn’t get it. As it is people constantly ask for currently ancient exclusive genes to be ported over to modern dragons, breeding exclusive genes would be far worse [/quote] The only way I could support this is if the breeding had a chance to give a scroll rather than automatically applying a gene that could ruin my pairings. [/quote] Don't worry I'm very aware of the problems with my suggestion haha. I would really like it personnally but I don't think it would go well with the userbase considering the eye fiasco.
Lykos wrote on 2022-01-11 09:56:31:
DragonSage wrote on 2022-01-11 09:50:24:
no support.

The only way I could support this is if the breeding had a chance to give a scroll rather than automatically applying a gene that could ruin my pairings.

Don't worry I'm very aware of the problems with my suggestion haha. I would really like it personnally but I don't think it would go well with the userbase considering the eye fiasco.
no support. bred dragons certainly aren't worthless and there's a large market for them. some people will pay more for a gen2 imp, some people will pay more for an XXX with gem genes, and some people will pay more for an unbred g1. who cares? yes FR is focused around breeding, but it's not the only way to play, and it's not harming you. dragon worth will always be subjective.
no support. bred dragons certainly aren't worthless and there's a large market for them. some people will pay more for a gen2 imp, some people will pay more for an XXX with gem genes, and some people will pay more for an unbred g1. who cares? yes FR is focused around breeding, but it's not the only way to play, and it's not harming you. dragon worth will always be subjective.
they/them
No support at all.

First off, there are already advantages to breeding your dragons. The advantage is you get more dragons. There is no need to encourage dragon breeding further.

Second, breeding dragons is only ONE way to play the game. One of the best things about FR is how it doesn't try to lock you into any one type of playstyle or force a playstyle onto you. Some people like breeding dragons. Some people don't. I don't like the implication that my playstyle is somehow "morally wrong" or lesser than yours.

Absolutely no support, ever, for locking ANYTHING behind breeding alone. In fact, it's probably one of the very few things that would make me seriously consider leaving the game altogether. I firmly believe that everything should be available to every player regardless of their playstyle.

Edit to add: if something like a 'skills' feature were to be implemented and locked behind breeding and number of offspring, I'd personally be very, very upset. I'd definitely feel like a playstyle I don't want was being pushed on me. I'm an all-G1 lair, and the vast majority are unbred. I like it that way. It means my dragons aren't connected to any others and it makes for a very clean-looking page. Also, like many other players, in-lore most of my lair is LGBT+. Many of my dragons have same-gender partners in lore, and I'd be absolute incensed if they were locked out of a new mechanic.
No support at all.

First off, there are already advantages to breeding your dragons. The advantage is you get more dragons. There is no need to encourage dragon breeding further.

Second, breeding dragons is only ONE way to play the game. One of the best things about FR is how it doesn't try to lock you into any one type of playstyle or force a playstyle onto you. Some people like breeding dragons. Some people don't. I don't like the implication that my playstyle is somehow "morally wrong" or lesser than yours.

Absolutely no support, ever, for locking ANYTHING behind breeding alone. In fact, it's probably one of the very few things that would make me seriously consider leaving the game altogether. I firmly believe that everything should be available to every player regardless of their playstyle.

Edit to add: if something like a 'skills' feature were to be implemented and locked behind breeding and number of offspring, I'd personally be very, very upset. I'd definitely feel like a playstyle I don't want was being pushed on me. I'm an all-G1 lair, and the vast majority are unbred. I like it that way. It means my dragons aren't connected to any others and it makes for a very clean-looking page. Also, like many other players, in-lore most of my lair is LGBT+. Many of my dragons have same-gender partners in lore, and I'd be absolute incensed if they were locked out of a new mechanic.
6ntc1cC.jpg
No support. Breeding-only features went down terribly with the original eye type update and we don't need it again. Breeding is only one part of the game and trying to "fix" people choosing not to participate in it based on morals and the concept of virginity (ew, I'm not going to go into all my issues with that, so just, ew) is just going to make things worse by fixing a nonexistent problem, on top of just being really judgmental. Bred dragons still have value. It's just in g1s that breeding them tanks their value. Outside of that, it's really not very important. [quote]*Additional battle stone slots. I will gladly take a dragon with 10 babies that can have eliminate AND meditate.[/quote] You... can though? They're different categories of stones. There are builds specifically using meditate and elim. They're pretty popular.
No support. Breeding-only features went down terribly with the original eye type update and we don't need it again. Breeding is only one part of the game and trying to "fix" people choosing not to participate in it based on morals and the concept of virginity (ew, I'm not going to go into all my issues with that, so just, ew) is just going to make things worse by fixing a nonexistent problem, on top of just being really judgmental.

Bred dragons still have value. It's just in g1s that breeding them tanks their value. Outside of that, it's really not very important.
Quote:
*Additional battle stone slots. I will gladly take a dragon with 10 babies that can have eliminate AND meditate.
You... can though? They're different categories of stones. There are builds specifically using meditate and elim. They're pretty popular.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
Umm..no thanks. You'd be punishing players for not breeding their dragons when that is an entirely optional function. Locking stuff behind something not everyone does is an awful idea
Umm..no thanks. You'd be punishing players for not breeding their dragons when that is an entirely optional function. Locking stuff behind something not everyone does is an awful idea
cd9e52d0a68b946dfff79aea46bc6309691f000d.png

angelo ♦ he/him ♦ fr+4
plague dom org

about + faq
74805783.png
little guy!!!!!
The only "value" set by staff for dragons is what you get when you exalt them... therefore the only thing I would support is that being altered ie, exalting dragons that have been heavily bred could result in a higher exalt payout or a chance of an item dropping.
The only "value" set by staff for dragons is what you get when you exalt them... therefore the only thing I would support is that being altered ie, exalting dragons that have been heavily bred could result in a higher exalt payout or a chance of an item dropping.
ZQGfAQY.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8