Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Keybind to Repeat Gathering
1 2
tl;dr: make it so pressing enter or another key on the gathering results screen allows you to repeat the gathering turn.

Normally I just rapid fire click "gather again" to get through my turns but that doesn't work so well with the limited event items bumping the button further down the screen. Assigning a keyboard key to the button would get around the issue and make gathering smoother. Even though this problem will go away eventually, I believe there could still be users who would appreciate a hotkey long term. Since this method of event item collection is going to be used frequently, I feel a solution to the jumping gather button is more pertinent.
tl;dr: make it so pressing enter or another key on the gathering results screen allows you to repeat the gathering turn.

Normally I just rapid fire click "gather again" to get through my turns but that doesn't work so well with the limited event items bumping the button further down the screen. Assigning a keyboard key to the button would get around the issue and make gathering smoother. Even though this problem will go away eventually, I believe there could still be users who would appreciate a hotkey long term. Since this method of event item collection is going to be used frequently, I feel a solution to the jumping gather button is more pertinent.
I was just thinking about this. The event item displays below normal items when found, which is fine but it also moves the buttons down :P which is also fine, but it makes me wonder why other extra/event items don't have the same behavior (nocturne chests, festival currency etc).

I certainly would not mind hotkeys.

I was just thinking about this. The event item displays below normal items when found, which is fine but it also moves the buttons down :P which is also fine, but it makes me wonder why other extra/event items don't have the same behavior (nocturne chests, festival currency etc).

[quote name="Decres" date="2021-06-08 09:48:13" ] I was just thinking about this. The event item displays below normal items when found, which is fine but it also moves the buttons down :P which is also fine, but it makes me wonder why other extra/event items don't have the same behavior (nocturne chests, festival currency etc). I certainly would not mind hotkeys. [/quote] I bet it displays differently because it's not actually part of gathering, gathering is just a potential trigger for Diskcarve item since you can get them from so many different sources.
Decres wrote on 2021-06-08 09:48:13:

I bet it displays differently because it's not actually part of gathering, gathering is just a potential trigger for Diskcarve item since you can get them from so many different sources.
yes i would love a hotkey! it would make sense for it to be [space] since that lets you continue on so many other aspects of the site
yes i would love a hotkey! it would make sense for it to be [space] since that lets you continue on so many other aspects of the site
Feeling like this is more relevant since the special event item collection method is going to be used more frequently.
Feeling like this is more relevant since the special event item collection method is going to be used more frequently.
Always support for more keyboard support, it's not only good for annoyances like this but is important for accessibility.
Always support for more keyboard support, it's not only good for annoyances like this but is important for accessibility.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
Complete support, either make it stop moving the button or give a keybind.
Complete support, either make it stop moving the button or give a keybind.
Why not just ctrl+r to refresh the page?
52234740674_590132cdb4_o.pngx > art shop
> toyhouse
> gen1 sales
uwu
> FR +3
> closing manager
> gen1
collector
uwuHandleAnimal.png
99WsXaL.gif
[quote name="@HandleAnimal" date="2021-06-18 14:28:08" ] Why not just ctrl+r to refresh the page? [/quote] I actually did not think of doing this... I will be doing this from now on :P thank you for the tip!
@HandleAnimal wrote on 2021-06-18 14:28:08:

I actually did not think of doing this... I will be doing this from now on :P thank you for the tip!
[quote name="HandleAnimal" date="2021-06-18 14:28:08" ] Why not just ctrl+r to refresh the page? [/quote] I would still like a keybind, because this is what I get when I refresh the page. The extra click kinda defeats the point. [img]https://i.imgur.com/SnqXl1K.png[/img]
HandleAnimal wrote on 2021-06-18 14:28:08:
I would still like a keybind, because this is what I get when I refresh the page. The extra click kinda defeats the point.
SnqXl1K.png
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
1 2