Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragon bio tabs
1 2 3
Big support. I would appreciate this because:

-I have this one dragon who got massively spoiled with art and it takes forever for his bio to load and if that wasn't on the "front page" but on a different tab that was not the default with loading, that might reduce loading speed. I'm afraid to put anything else on the bio for fear of slowing it down even more.

-There is a finite limit to characters in bios so if you have a lot of Thing X (lore/art/graphics) you don't have a lot of room left for Things Y and Z.

-It just looks neater and would offend my OCD less. :P
Big support. I would appreciate this because:

-I have this one dragon who got massively spoiled with art and it takes forever for his bio to load and if that wasn't on the "front page" but on a different tab that was not the default with loading, that might reduce loading speed. I'm afraid to put anything else on the bio for fear of slowing it down even more.

-There is a finite limit to characters in bios so if you have a lot of Thing X (lore/art/graphics) you don't have a lot of room left for Things Y and Z.

-It just looks neater and would offend my OCD less. :P
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
This would be a super cool idea, huge support! I'd love to put different things on different tabs and stuff. :)
This would be a super cool idea, huge support! I'd love to put different things on different tabs and stuff. :)
suggestion to pin the focus digsite!
This would be very useful for wishlist dragons, dragons who hoard items, dragons who collect badges, dragons with art...so many possibilities. Support!
This would be very useful for wishlist dragons, dragons who hoard items, dragons who collect badges, dragons with art...so many possibilities. Support!
WKtl2lb.png
1YB0OjO.png
RUGBzP5.png
jQub7yI.png
wAfJ7Bn.png
reHWBXk.png
lSyxazy.png
p19HCH0.png
support, i would love this! i would also like it if you could link different tabs, like a home page or something.
support, i would love this! i would also like it if you could link different tabs, like a home page or something.
f3wi9c4.png sef | +2 fr time | any pronouns
profile dragon
Support.
Big BIG Support!
I love the idea of being able to put stuff only I care about but don't want to show off -like gene plans and cost tracking/estimates, and first draft WIPs on a second tab so it isn't front and center when someone (me or others) looks at the dragon. It would make it so much nicer and I could actually have pretty bio/lore/art on the front tabs and all the ugly basic info I want/need to save on a later tab where it doesn't interfere with aesthetics.

I do think that it should work like apparel slots so you buy the ability to add a tab (and then subsequent tabs with more purchases) for all the dragons you own.
Or, if it's not too complicated...it could work where you buy the tabs individually but it's NOT linked to a dragon, it's account based. So you buy 5 tabs (or 30 or 400) and can assign them to any dragon you own. And you can move them to whoever you want, and keep buying tabs for your needs. That way you don't have to see blank tabs in edit mode on everybody, but you can give the dragons you want to have extras as many as you choose. And you won't lose them if you get rid of the dragon (or just don't need them on that one anymore) later.

Otherwise if it's attached to the dragon that could be weird and require taking it with when a dragon leaves the owner's lair.

Regardless.
Please let me sweep my mess under the rug into a second tab!
Support.
Big BIG Support!
I love the idea of being able to put stuff only I care about but don't want to show off -like gene plans and cost tracking/estimates, and first draft WIPs on a second tab so it isn't front and center when someone (me or others) looks at the dragon. It would make it so much nicer and I could actually have pretty bio/lore/art on the front tabs and all the ugly basic info I want/need to save on a later tab where it doesn't interfere with aesthetics.

I do think that it should work like apparel slots so you buy the ability to add a tab (and then subsequent tabs with more purchases) for all the dragons you own.
Or, if it's not too complicated...it could work where you buy the tabs individually but it's NOT linked to a dragon, it's account based. So you buy 5 tabs (or 30 or 400) and can assign them to any dragon you own. And you can move them to whoever you want, and keep buying tabs for your needs. That way you don't have to see blank tabs in edit mode on everybody, but you can give the dragons you want to have extras as many as you choose. And you won't lose them if you get rid of the dragon (or just don't need them on that one anymore) later.

Otherwise if it's attached to the dragon that could be weird and require taking it with when a dragon leaves the owner's lair.

Regardless.
Please let me sweep my mess under the rug into a second tab!
[quote name="PersimmonBird" date="2021-05-24 15:41:38" ] Or, if it's not too complicated...it could work where you buy the tabs individually but it's NOT linked to a dragon, it's account based. So you buy 5 tabs (or 30 or 400) and can assign them to any dragon you own. And you can move them to whoever you want, and keep buying tabs for your needs. That way you don't have to see blank tabs in edit mode on everybody, but you can give the dragons you want to have extras as many as you choose. And you won't lose them if you get rid of the dragon (or just don't need them on that one anymore) later. [/quote] Oh that sounds like quite a good idea! Admittedly I hadn't put too much thought into what might happen to the tabs when they're not being used, though thinking about it a little more it could just work similar to the tabs in the lair where if there's no dragons in a tab it's not visible outside of edit mode. But buying tabs for a bio individually and assigning them to various dragons seems like another way in which it could work and that way it could function as a big gem/treasure sink. And when it comes to selling a dragon, you'd probably have to take off all the tabs on that dragon before you could sell it, like with apparel, so not too much of a change there. The biggest downsides of this I can see is there'd probably have to be a limit on how many tabs one account can buy, and no matter what that limit is I bet it wouldn't be enough for some people. Especially if they have a very big lair and lots of dragons have big bios. And pricing might be a problem too because my initial thought was maybe the pricing goes up like lair slots/tabs but depending how much the price goes up and how many tabs can be bought it could end up being incredibly expensive very quickly, especially if you want at least one tab for each dragon in your lair and you have a lair of 300+ dragons.
PersimmonBird wrote on 2021-05-24 15:41:38:

Oh that sounds like quite a good idea! Admittedly I hadn't put too much thought into what might happen to the tabs when they're not being used, though thinking about it a little more it could just work similar to the tabs in the lair where if there's no dragons in a tab it's not visible outside of edit mode.

But buying tabs for a bio individually and assigning them to various dragons seems like another way in which it could work and that way it could function as a big gem/treasure sink. And when it comes to selling a dragon, you'd probably have to take off all the tabs on that dragon before you could sell it, like with apparel, so not too much of a change there.

The biggest downsides of this I can see is there'd probably have to be a limit on how many tabs one account can buy, and no matter what that limit is I bet it wouldn't be enough for some people. Especially if they have a very big lair and lots of dragons have big bios. And pricing might be a problem too because my initial thought was maybe the pricing goes up like lair slots/tabs but depending how much the price goes up and how many tabs can be bought it could end up being incredibly expensive very quickly, especially if you want at least one tab for each dragon in your lair and you have a lair of 300+ dragons.
~ Cey/Ceylar ~
~ She/Her ~
~ They/Them ~
~ FR+8 ~
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ mrRenVJ.png
Support, this would be really really nice for my art collection.
Support, this would be really really nice for my art collection.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
Remembered this thread when I realized this would be incredibly handy for my dragons who I make their familiars whole characters in of themselves. I have a dragon who's bio is a bit clunky and will continue to grow clunkier due to the additional whole character needing to be described and fleshed out within the bio. I'd love to be able to just have a tab to separate them but still keep them on the same sole dragon.

Also same reason as others, having an art tab for my dragon bios would be really nice.

I wouldn't mind if it was a per-dragon thing if it was treasure, to act as a treasure sink and I wouldn't want a gem thing being a per-dragon thing.

I also wouldn't mind if it was gems but was like apparel slots that unlocked across all dragons if you unlocked one.

I think I'd over all prefer the treasure one though, be it an unlock across all at once or per-dragon. I think of it more like lair tabs than apparel slots so treasure makes more sense to me.
Remembered this thread when I realized this would be incredibly handy for my dragons who I make their familiars whole characters in of themselves. I have a dragon who's bio is a bit clunky and will continue to grow clunkier due to the additional whole character needing to be described and fleshed out within the bio. I'd love to be able to just have a tab to separate them but still keep them on the same sole dragon.

Also same reason as others, having an art tab for my dragon bios would be really nice.

I wouldn't mind if it was a per-dragon thing if it was treasure, to act as a treasure sink and I wouldn't want a gem thing being a per-dragon thing.

I also wouldn't mind if it was gems but was like apparel slots that unlocked across all dragons if you unlocked one.

I think I'd over all prefer the treasure one though, be it an unlock across all at once or per-dragon. I think of it more like lair tabs than apparel slots so treasure makes more sense to me.
.................... 11511.png Art Shop
Hatchery
Dragon Sales
........ 11513.png Lore
Wishlist
FR Time +2
Was just reminded of how nice this would be while doing some editing on a bio, I would use bio tabs on everybody given the chance.
Was just reminded of how nice this would be while doing some editing on a bio, I would use bio tabs on everybody given the chance.
oooh that would be an interesting idea!
oooh that would be an interesting idea!
66.png
1 2 3