Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [Concept] Eye Types: Oddity & Arachnid
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Support, but well, hmm could you do "Spider-Eyes"? as suggestion...i am really, really bad at drawing, but having a six or eight eyed dragon would be so perfect (well mirrors would have more, because they already have 4 eyes...)... and yeah maybe the idea came from seeing the spider from the anime "i am a spider so what?"... (i love your idea, but i also love eyes that break the lines like primal / multigaze, now with this update we have sooo many possibilities, yay [emoji=special eyes size=1][emoji=gaoler happy size=1]
Support, but well, hmm could you do "Spider-Eyes"? as suggestion...i am really, really bad at drawing, but having a six or eight eyed dragon would be so perfect (well mirrors would have more, because they already have 4 eyes...)... and yeah maybe the idea came from seeing the spider from the anime "i am a spider so what?"...
(i love your idea, but i also love eyes that break the lines like primal / multigaze, now with this update we have sooo many possibilities, yay
My support for: All Eye Suggestions in one Thread / Cool Colours / Give/Get Triple-Gened Gaolers / Give/Get Gaoler Dragons
These look really cool, I like the idea of having more two toned eyes. Support!
These look really cool, I like the idea of having more two toned eyes. Support!
jCVhFoZ.gif
[quote name="Granitore" date="2021-05-05 08:57:29" ] Support, but well, hmm could you do "Spider-Eyes"? as suggestion...i am really, really bad at drawing, but having a six or eight eyed dragon would be so perfect (well mirrors would have more, because they already have 4 eyes...)... and yeah maybe the idea came from seeing the spider from the anime "i am a spider so what?"... (i love your idea, but i also love eyes that break the lines like primal / multigaze, now with this update we have sooo many possibilities, yay [emoji=special eyes size=1][emoji=gaoler happy size=1] [/quote] [color=#009E9B][s]It may take a little while to work on but I could definitely give it a shot! I like spiders and having more eye variation is always a good thing in my opinion.[/s] Aaand it's ready! Check the main post, past the stuff for Oddity.
Granitore wrote on 2021-05-05 08:57:29:
Support, but well, hmm could you do "Spider-Eyes"? as suggestion...i am really, really bad at drawing, but having a six or eight eyed dragon would be so perfect (well mirrors would have more, because they already have 4 eyes...)... and yeah maybe the idea came from seeing the spider from the anime "i am a spider so what?"...
(i love your idea, but i also love eyes that break the lines like primal / multigaze, now with this update we have sooo many possibilities, yay
It may take a little while to work on but I could definitely give it a shot! I like spiders and having more eye variation is always a good thing in my opinion.

Aaand it's ready! Check the main post, past the stuff for Oddity.

“Denizens of the Volt-Lands”
She/They/He | FR Time +0
@Voltzinar : OH my god, oh my god, oh wow they look fantastic, they look so good, thank you, thank you, thank you [emoji=special eyes size=1][emoji=familiar heart size=1][emoji=special eyes size=1][emoji=familiar heart size=1][emoji=special eyes size=1] your art skills are on another level, keep up this amazing stuff! you have my support for these glorious designs. [emoji=gaoler happy size=1][emoji=gaoler happy size=2][emoji=gaoler happy size=1]
@Voltzinar : OH my god, oh my god, oh wow they look fantastic, they look so good, thank you, thank you, thank you

your art skills are on another level, keep up this amazing stuff! you have my support for these glorious designs.
My support for: All Eye Suggestions in one Thread / Cool Colours / Give/Get Triple-Gened Gaolers / Give/Get Gaoler Dragons
I adore those spider eyes!! I need these omg X3
I adore those spider eyes!! I need these omg X3
tumblr_inline_pfkgulDiIn1rl0bsp_100.pngGY5Jmcm.png old-oaks-3.png
These are way cool! Arachnid gives me wild heebie-jeebies, it's awesome!

I think extra care would have to go to Oddity so that the alternate iris color doesn't create a false match to another flight's signature colors for dragons with small eyes. And how would Oddity work for mirros who don't have distinctive irises? Still, it's really neat on breeds with both the sclera and iris visible!

These are way cool! Arachnid gives me wild heebie-jeebies, it's awesome!

I think extra care would have to go to Oddity so that the alternate iris color doesn't create a false match to another flight's signature colors for dragons with small eyes. And how would Oddity work for mirros who don't have distinctive irises? Still, it's really neat on breeds with both the sclera and iris visible!

@Granitore [color=#009E9B]I'm so glad you like them! @Beastface Thank you! I was a bit unsure at first as to how to tackle doing multiple eyes in such relatively small spaces, but I'm pleased with how they turned out! To answer some things about developing the eyes and the color choices; the colors for Oddity aren't as vibrant on the breed examples compared to the hatchling samples due to the method I used to edit them. Essentially I took bases from the Scrying Workshop with Ice Pastel (closest I could get to pure white eyes with the pupil and iris lineart intact) and set them as multiply layers. For the hatchlings they came out very clear, but for the adult examples they came out a lot muddier by comparison, in broader part due to the shading not being as condusive. I think that with raw PSD files for base eyes the colors for adult examples would've come out much sharper than with the method I used, even on smaller-eyed breeds. As for colors looking too much like other tones from different elements, I've noticed that there's a fair bit of overlap with existing eye types already in standard tints between elements, though it is usually from elements that have somewhat close primary colors. Wind and Nature, both being green(-ish), seem to overlap a lot; Wind Bright and Nature Rare are almost indistingishable even on Spirals (barring the heavier shadowing on Nature), and Nature Paste/Wind Rare has the same feature (with Wind having the shading). Otherwise though, the base colors chosen for both seem almost identical. There are other examples of similar issues as well; Lightning Uncommon and Water Rare on Mirrors was a pretty well-known one from the original eye release. When in doubt, it's still probably best to check dragon bios to be absolutely sure regarding elemental tones. Mirrors are also a bit tricky, though we have some examples that work using the same colors I included for Oddity; [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=3&element=5&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=57c28cdee02b7968ca8b739d3fb04e683ecdec52&dummyext=prev.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=3&element=2&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=6a8194be02b5ca8fc38219ed68065b545febad02&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Lightning and Plague Rare both use the same colors I used in my examples for Oddity (probably too similar actually), and give a slight illusion of adding a secondary-colored iris, though it's way easier to see on Lightning by comparison. There's also Dark Sclera, which has been mentioned in the thread as adding an iris and pupil to Mirrors and other breeds that don't usually have them. I do think that some Oddity eyes, particularly Water, would be easily mistaken as Dark Sclera as well, and could benefit from being lightened a bit. Otherwise, Mirror Oddities could have different colored frontal/rear eyes. I think that would probably cause even more confusion regarding what element they are, but it would potentially have a lot of appeal for users wanting heterochromatic dragons.
@Granitore
I'm so glad you like them!

@Beastface Thank you! I was a bit unsure at first as to how to tackle doing multiple eyes in such relatively small spaces, but I'm pleased with how they turned out!

To answer some things about developing the eyes and the color choices; the colors for Oddity aren't as vibrant on the breed examples compared to the hatchling samples due to the method I used to edit them. Essentially I took bases from the Scrying Workshop with Ice Pastel (closest I could get to pure white eyes with the pupil and iris lineart intact) and set them as multiply layers. For the hatchlings they came out very clear, but for the adult examples they came out a lot muddier by comparison, in broader part due to the shading not being as condusive. I think that with raw PSD files for base eyes the colors for adult examples would've come out much sharper than with the method I used, even on smaller-eyed breeds.

As for colors looking too much like other tones from different elements, I've noticed that there's a fair bit of overlap with existing eye types already in standard tints between elements, though it is usually from elements that have somewhat close primary colors. Wind and Nature, both being green(-ish), seem to overlap a lot; Wind Bright and Nature Rare are almost indistingishable even on Spirals (barring the heavier shadowing on Nature), and Nature Paste/Wind Rare has the same feature (with Wind having the shading). Otherwise though, the base colors chosen for both seem almost identical. There are other examples of similar issues as well; Lightning Uncommon and Water Rare on Mirrors was a pretty well-known one from the original eye release. When in doubt, it's still probably best to check dragon bios to be absolutely sure regarding elemental tones.

Mirrors are also a bit tricky, though we have some examples that work using the same colors I included for Oddity;
dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=3&element=5&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=57c28cdee02b7968ca8b739d3fb04e683ecdec52&dummyext=prev.pngdragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=3&element=2&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=6a8194be02b5ca8fc38219ed68065b545febad02&dummyext=prev.png
Lightning and Plague Rare both use the same colors I used in my examples for Oddity (probably too similar actually), and give a slight illusion of adding a secondary-colored iris, though it's way easier to see on Lightning by comparison. There's also Dark Sclera, which has been mentioned in the thread as adding an iris and pupil to Mirrors and other breeds that don't usually have them. I do think that some Oddity eyes, particularly Water, would be easily mistaken as Dark Sclera as well, and could benefit from being lightened a bit.

Otherwise, Mirror Oddities could have different colored frontal/rear eyes. I think that would probably cause even more confusion regarding what element they are, but it would potentially have a lot of appeal for users wanting heterochromatic dragons.

“Denizens of the Volt-Lands”
She/They/He | FR Time +0
Oh I love Arachnid!

I do worry that as the eyes don't cover all of the Spiral's actual eye area, it could lead to some problems? I seem to remember that the default bases that the site uses aren't exactly like the skin/accent bases, and have the space under the eyes completely blank, as seen here.
I think eyes can break the lineart but only outwards?

So Spiral Baby in particular might need the size/placement of the Arachnid eyes changed.
Oh I love Arachnid!

I do worry that as the eyes don't cover all of the Spiral's actual eye area, it could lead to some problems? I seem to remember that the default bases that the site uses aren't exactly like the skin/accent bases, and have the space under the eyes completely blank, as seen here.
I think eyes can break the lineart but only outwards?

So Spiral Baby in particular might need the size/placement of the Arachnid eyes changed.
we_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.giftumblr_mobg0cyIZE1sula9po1_400.gifwe_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.gif
wheeeeee
Oh, these are neat! Support!
Oh, these are neat! Support!
5kRkxhJ.png benson.png h1p5AvZ.png
big want, but partial support. i am a little concerned about the arachnid eye type because there are people out there with arachnophobia and/or tryopophobia.

but the first one? gimme
big want, but partial support. i am a little concerned about the arachnid eye type because there are people out there with arachnophobia and/or tryopophobia.

but the first one? gimme
Forum pings are disabled. Please avoid profile comments and private messages unless it's for business.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9