Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [Concept] Eye Types: Oddity & Arachnid
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Big support. I’ve always wanted an eye color swap. But this is a smart way to get it.
Big support. I’ve always wanted an eye color swap. But this is a smart way to get it.
TBD
I love Arachnid, I only hope the dragon bases can be rendered "eyeless" to account for the area that the usual eye isn't covering anymore. If not, then the devs would have to draw that spot with every gene on every dragon o.O

But if that work's already done, I would love to see these eyes implemented! Maybe even if it's not, but I'd leave that to the devs to determine how much they want to do all that work :P
I love Arachnid, I only hope the dragon bases can be rendered "eyeless" to account for the area that the usual eye isn't covering anymore. If not, then the devs would have to draw that spot with every gene on every dragon o.O

But if that work's already done, I would love to see these eyes implemented! Maybe even if it's not, but I'd leave that to the devs to determine how much they want to do all that work :P
Support! I love oddity, arachnid eeugs me out a little but hey, if others like it, go wild!
Support! I love oddity, arachnid eeugs me out a little but hey, if others like it, go wild!

____babab__aebe_
Vista: Bisexual Ribbon Vista: Genderfluid Ribbon
Support!
Support!
OTXJQ9a.png

the Vanguard
~
pings are OFF
pm me!
B92AFED0-9B7C-485C-8C3A-AA5FBAB5D7D8.png 8SzUkvf.png 1550190777019.png
Support! Arachnid eyes look amazing, I'm always a sucker for extra eyeballs.
Support! Arachnid eyes look amazing, I'm always a sucker for extra eyeballs.
banner_adopts.pngbanner_oaks.pngbanner_nest.png
Pretty sure I supported Oddity before, but I still think it's a really cool suggestion! They're super fun, love funky colors. And I DO support spider eyes. But... I cannot say I am a big fan of the example? Something about it feels off. Like it still has 8 eyes which is the point, sure. It just doesn't feel right. So I made an alternate version, kinda? [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/392477354859167754/844889582705180672/eye_type_arachnid.png[/img] Fae was just the file I had on hand. I kinda prefer this, but maybe I'm just super picky.
Pretty sure I supported Oddity before, but I still think it's a really cool suggestion! They're super fun, love funky colors.

And I DO support spider eyes. But... I cannot say I am a big fan of the example? Something about it feels off. Like it still has 8 eyes which is the point, sure. It just doesn't feel right. So I made an alternate version, kinda?
eye_type_arachnid.png
Fae was just the file I had on hand. I kinda prefer this, but maybe I'm just super picky.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
I feel like oddity is a great solution to those unhappy with their dragon’s elements! while it won’t always fix un-matching eyes, it will at least give more flexibility as for spider eyes, I agree, there’s something I’m not sure about with them. I like this mockup a bit more personally, and also think it may work better with the eye system considering the devs usually stick to keeping the eye lineart pretty standard (minus plague primal) [quote name="Recallback" date="2021-05-20 03:53:29" ] Pretty sure I supported Oddity before, but I still think it's a really cool suggestion! They're super fun, love funky colors. And I DO support spider eyes. But... I cannot say I am a big fan of the example? Something about it feels off. Like it still has 8 eyes which is the point, sure. It just doesn't feel right. So I made an alternate version, kinda? [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/392477354859167754/844889582705180672/eye_type_arachnid.png[/img] Fae was just the file I had on hand. I kinda prefer this, but maybe I'm just super picky. [/quote]
I feel like oddity is a great solution to those unhappy with their dragon’s elements! while it won’t always fix un-matching eyes, it will at least give more flexibility

as for spider eyes, I agree, there’s something I’m not sure about with them. I like this mockup a bit more personally, and also think it may work better with the eye system considering the devs usually stick to keeping the eye lineart pretty standard (minus plague primal)
Recallback wrote on 2021-05-20 03:53:29:
Pretty sure I supported Oddity before, but I still think it's a really cool suggestion! They're super fun, love funky colors.

And I DO support spider eyes. But... I cannot say I am a big fan of the example? Something about it feels off. Like it still has 8 eyes which is the point, sure. It just doesn't feel right. So I made an alternate version, kinda?
eye_type_arachnid.png
Fae was just the file I had on hand. I kinda prefer this, but maybe I'm just super picky.
T4eNFgZ.gifo287-d01-Kittyand-Cat.pngo287-d02-Kittyand-Cat.pngo287-d03-Kittyand-Cat.pngo287-d04-Kittyand-Cat.pngMnrYAOm.pnglJX7Tr5.png
I like this idea!

Spider eyes would be very neat for monster dragons, like multigaze.
I like this idea!

Spider eyes would be very neat for monster dragons, like multigaze.
[quote name="Recallback" date="2021-05-20 03:53:29" ] Pretty sure I supported Oddity before, but I still think it's a really cool suggestion! They're super fun, love funky colors. And I DO support spider eyes. But... I cannot say I am a big fan of the example? Something about it feels off. Like it still has 8 eyes which is the point, sure. It just doesn't feel right. So I made an alternate version, kinda? [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/392477354859167754/844889582705180672/eye_type_arachnid.png[/img] Fae was just the file I had on hand. I kinda prefer this, but maybe I'm just super picky. [/quote] [color=#009E9B]Oh wow, that looks fantastic! And it would probably work better functionally; according to a few other users who have posted here, appparently there's an issue with how eyes work in regards to the base lineart needing to be present due to the area under the eyes not being "filled in", likely a holdover from the early site and how skins and accents were originally implemented. I had been intending on mocking up some new versions of Arachnid with this in mind, but IRL commitments have made it a bit difficult to sit down and get them done. I may see about creating a new version with this mockup in mind, if that's alright with you of course. It might take me a while to get them done as stuff is still going on on my end, but things are steadily easing up so I may have time to dedicate to this soon.
Recallback wrote on 2021-05-20 03:53:29:

eye_type_arachnid.png
Oh wow, that looks fantastic! And it would probably work better functionally; according to a few other users who have posted here, appparently there's an issue with how eyes work in regards to the base lineart needing to be present due to the area under the eyes not being "filled in", likely a holdover from the early site and how skins and accents were originally implemented. I had been intending on mocking up some new versions of Arachnid with this in mind, but IRL commitments have made it a bit difficult to sit down and get them done.

I may see about creating a new version with this mockup in mind, if that's alright with you of course. It might take me a while to get them done as stuff is still going on on my end, but things are steadily easing up so I may have time to dedicate to this soon.

“Denizens of the Volt-Lands”
She/They/He | FR Time +0
The Oddity eyes are *freaking cool*. Holy wow, I want.

I support both eye types with the caveat that I would prefer Arachnid be an unnatural type that can only be applied with a vial, such as via Baldwin, gem MP, or coli, simply because there are some people with body horror issues and while we do have natural eye types that cause some body horror with people (Goat, Faceted, Multi, Primal) I still think it would be more fair to not potentially inflict more body horror with RNG breeding, and a lot of people do have fear of spiders who might not have a problem with say Multi-gaze but might freak out if they randomly hatch a kid with spider eyes. It's not that I don't think Arachnid should exist at all - I reiterate my support - simply that it would be better as, say, a Baldwin brew (plus we need more higher-level Baldwin brews, plus something something treasure sink).
The Oddity eyes are *freaking cool*. Holy wow, I want.

I support both eye types with the caveat that I would prefer Arachnid be an unnatural type that can only be applied with a vial, such as via Baldwin, gem MP, or coli, simply because there are some people with body horror issues and while we do have natural eye types that cause some body horror with people (Goat, Faceted, Multi, Primal) I still think it would be more fair to not potentially inflict more body horror with RNG breeding, and a lot of people do have fear of spiders who might not have a problem with say Multi-gaze but might freak out if they randomly hatch a kid with spider eyes. It's not that I don't think Arachnid should exist at all - I reiterate my support - simply that it would be better as, say, a Baldwin brew (plus we need more higher-level Baldwin brews, plus something something treasure sink).
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9